Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I really wish that Nintendo would upgrade the eShop.

One major problem I have with it is that they don't update it until noon. Shouldn't they have content ready for download before the day of release, and then have them live at midnight?

I'm interested in what they mean about more info on Zelda 2015. I just hope that we don't scream if it looks completely different from that tech demo 2 years ago.

Zelda128.jpg

The_Legend_of_Zelda_The_Wind_Waker_HD_sc

Hasn't stopped people before. I know that's the HD version but it still applies.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-game-could-aim-to-use-the-gamepad-more-says-nintendo/

Nintendo’s design team has told us that work has begun on the next Mario game, and that if it is to be a Wii U title, it could make greater use of the console’s GamePad.

You got a desperate need for variety on your console and you've decided to respond to that with beginning development on the next 3D Mario.

*claps*

Seriously though it could be neat, but the idea of working on another Wii U Mario when your console needs more IPs and has more than enough Mario for now is a massive waste. :v

Zelda128.jpg

The_Legend_of_Zelda_The_Wind_Waker_HD_sc

Hasn't stopped people before. I know that's the HD version but it still applies.

Wow, Wind Waker was originally to look that different from the final product?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-game-could-aim-to-use-the-gamepad-more-says-nintendo/

You got a desperate need for variety on your console and you've decided to respond to that with beginning development on the next 3D Mario.

*claps*

Seriously though it could be neat, but the idea of working on another Wii U Mario when your console needs more IPs and has more than enough Mario for now is a massive waste. :v

Considering it takes about 3 years to develop a Mario game, I don't think this will be on Wii U. I remember hearing last year that there was another Mario game in development by a different team to 3D World.

Wow, Wind Waker was originally to look that different from the final product?

No, that tech demo had nothing to do with WW. They teased fans with a OOT-looking tech demo which people assumed was implied to be based on the next game, but they made Celda instead. A ton of people were not happy (and still aren't). The game's release changed opinions a lot, but regardless, that didn't change the original impression and quite a number of people, despite liking The Wind Waker, preferred the more realistic proportioned character models from pre-WW which is why we later got Twilight Princess.

Personally, I STILL hate WW's graphics. Its not about the cel shading, its about the character proportions. That's why I didn't mind SS as much as WW.

Three years for a game means either the next handheld or a last hurrah for the WiiU.

I expect this SSB Direct will show off a lot of new features, if the teaser is anything to go by.

Yeah, that's all true. Just a bit of a bummer that we get to hear what Nintendo EAD is up to now, and it's Mario again. XD

I personally LOVED Wind Waker's look, but then I do like expressive chibi proportions on characters! ^^;; Ganondorf in that game looks badass too.

Twilight Princess on the other hand had really weird and downright ugly looking characters, exceptions being Midna, Zelda and Link. Skyward Sword was just okay. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm hoping for something more like Twilight Princess for the next Zelda. We've had more cartoony things for the past 7 years, let's do something different than that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping for something more like Twilight Princess for the next Zelda. We've had more cartoony things for the past 7 years, let's do something different than that.

Just so long as those giant spider things don't return (forgot what they were called) only reason im not able to make it pass the great tree in OOT is because those things freak me out.

^ This. Too much cartoony... I'd like something more sincere for a change. And despite what people have said, the early games were far more serious and had realistic character proportions and designs. Zelda didn't become kiddy until Wind Waker (some of the concept art was a bit kiddy for the early games, but that's about it).

And yes I know Wind Waker had quite a bit of serious elements, but it was still far more kiddy and childish than anything before it.

Just so long as those giant spider things don't return (forgot what they were called) only reason im not able to make it pass the great tree in OOT is because those things freak me out.

Gohma is in every game. And I never had problems with the Great Deku Tree in OOT. I usually quit or never wanted to become an adult because of the scary-as-hell ReDeads in Hyrule Castle Town. Recently I've been able to go into the game and complete it 100% regardless of the ReDeads, and for some reason the ReDeads weren't as scary in Twilight Princess... then again, maybe its just because I was a lot older.

Sulltula's are typical Zelda enemies so I think there's a good chance they'll be in Zelda U. OOT's can be annoying, but they're pretty easy. Just wait for them to spin around and do a jump attack or if you want to play it safe shoot them with your sling shot. Once you're an Adult you can just shoot them down with your bow or hookshot without waiting for them to turn around.

Now, in SS, I hated them.

Sulltula's are typical Zelda enemies so I think there's a good chance they'll be in Zelda U. OOT's can be annoying, but they're pretty easy. Just wait for them to spin around and do a jump attack or if you want to play it safe shoot them with your sling shot. Once you're an Adult you can just shoot them down with your bow or hookshot without waiting for them to turn around.

Now, in SS, I hated them.

I guess, just going have to get over my insect-phobia.

I guess, just going have to get over my insect-phobia.

Just remember, you can stab it! CRUSH IT! SET IT ON FIRE!

Oh, see, I wasn't thinking of the Skulltulas. They are far, far creepier in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, honestly.

Oh, see, I wasn't thinking of the Skulltulas. They are far, far creepier in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, honestly.

I think its mostly the art style for me, if its something that has more of a brighter and kiddish atmosphere (like WW even though they weren't in WW) I can deal with it but when its a bit more mature and darker I can't stand it (though to be fair I think it was more to do with the way how their models looked in OOT more so than the atmosphere).

Legend of Puzzle is happening

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225823-monopoly-pokemon-and-legend-of-zelda-editions-detailed-legend-of-zelda-puzzle-revealed

1.jpg
2.jpg
3(1).jpg

- Monopoly Pokémon Edition and Monopoly Legend of Zelda Edition are set to release August 21, 2014
- 550-piece The Legend of Zelda puzzle is due out August 15
- puzzle features various characters from the series and measures 18" x 24"

Link

^ This. Too much cartoony... I'd like something more sincere for a change. And despite what people have said, the early games were far more serious and had realistic character proportions and designs. Zelda didn't become kiddy until Wind Waker (some of the concept art was a bit kiddy for the early games, but that's about it).

You're wrong there. To call it's visuals kiddy is one thing, but to call Wind Waker kiddy is such a skin deep observation.

For starters, Hyrule is flooded, killing god knows how many people, and leaving the rest to live on tiny islands for the rest of their lives. Ganondorf is probably the most mature of all his appearances; he's not trying to conquer and destroy like the madman he was in OOT and TP, but to restore Hyrule to it's former glory. He is also the most merciful Ganondorf as well; letting Link and the kidnapped girls live when he could have killed them at multiple points, giving him an extra set of depth outside of the moustached villain before. Yes, he does attack Greatfish Island, but only because Jabun was a major threat to his plans of reviving Hyrule. 

He even reflects his own actions in a way that opens up his character further than any other incarnation has before.

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

And when you think of it, the subject about letting the old past of Hyrule die to give way for the new is a very mature subject that is brought up at the end when the King lets the land be swept away for good.

So while WW may not have the uber dark visuals, it can probably described as the 2nd most mature Zelda game overall.

The Pokémon one also says "Kanto Edition", so the other regions might get ones later, too.

The Pokémon one also says "Kanto Edition", so the other regions might get ones later, too.

Everyone knows the Kanto Edition will be the best though, because every time you've passed Go and find yourself approaching the Viridian City square, you can play/sing this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOsdy1ZsXUs

I'M ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITY! ~

• Thumbs Up 1

*claps*

To be fair, the source never confirmed that the next 3D Mario was a Wii U title-he said the platform it will be on is still a secret, so it could be on the 3DS; though considering it's the Wii U that's in a much deeper rut than the 3DS at the moment and needs more games, it's likely that it will be for the Wii U.

Have to agree that if that is the case -another Wii U 3D Mario game, especially since 3D World failed to shift units despite its widespread acclaim across the board-, it doesn't look like Nintendo's following their promises they set earlier on how to help the Wii U. How about giving the likes of F-Zero or Star Fox a game in the limelight for once? >.>

Though I am curious on what type of Mario game (regardless of platform) would be. Nintendo did express interest in making a 3rd Galaxy title, and I think it would be pretty neat to see a hybrid Mario game that took elements from the Galaxy series and 3D World. From the sounds of things though, most people want to see another open world/"sandbox" Mario game a la 64 and Sunshine, and it would be neat to see such a current-gen Mario game of that type of gameplay.

It's a delicate subject because F-Zero is a very poor selling title. I firmly believe both it and Star Fox can find an audience again, especially Star Fox, which WAS a very popular series up until Command made things all icky. I don't mind a new Mario myself, because I loved 3D World, but I see the need for other games. Zelda hasn't even been shown off yet, and that's the other big title they always bring out.

Ooh. Like Mario 64.

I'd like something like that.

Anyway, less than half an hour to go until Super Smash Brothers Direct.

Just realized; There is a massive software drought between Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros Wii U. Winter probably means November, which means that there's a six month gap. Unless Sonic Boom comes out in early Autumn like the Spanish retailer said, there won't be much else to play on Wii U until just before Christmas.