Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I just hate that they're adding GBA games and getting rid of any sort of multiplayer aspects the games had, I'm afraid they're doing that with DS games as well (or are they already).

I just hate that they're adding GBA games and getting rid of any sort of multiplayer aspects the games had, I'm afraid they're doing that with DS games as well (or are they already).

Well, with GBA games, I'd imagine it's hard to create a WiFi networking option when the game natively doesn't support it without completely remaking it. As for DS games, I dunno.

The GBA games and DS games should be release dont on the 3DS at least with multiplayer still intact. I think the only GBA title that still supports multiplayer is 4 swords but I could be wrong

I got Mega Man 9 the other day on WiiWare. It's cool, but it pisses me off because there's a lot of things about it that are obviously pandering to MM2/3 enthusiasts rather than trying to evolve the series. Removing the charge buster and slide for instance, and elevating the difficulty even beyond what the NES Mega Man games did. Seriously, this is Mega Man & Bass levels of bullshit design.

No wonder Mega Man is dead tbh

This is pretty much why Im nervous about Mighty No. 9 it seems like its pandering to the MM2/MMX enthusiasts and seems as if it isn't doing anything to differentiate itself from Mega Man

Sonic Battle with some cute online would be the bee's knees.

It's never going to happen though. Is it impossible for them to do that? I feel like VC games with online multiplayer would be huge. You know what before that I'd want Pokemon Red/Blue on virtual console with online.

That'd give them a reason to put Pokemon Stadium on VC. Sigh.

A friend gave me a download code for SM64 off Club Nintendo. After downloading it I purchased the Wii U discount; I loaded up Wii mode later and found that that version of the game is still there. So am I supposed to have two copies of the same VC game now? Not that it bothers me, but it surprised me since I was under the impression that upgrading to Wii U versions would delete the Wii version from your system along with your license

I suppose it's just as well, because fucking hell this game looks and feels awful on the Wii U. Colors aren't as bright as they are on the Wii, there's still that annoying black border that surrounds every non-GBA VC game, and there is MOTHERFUCKING INPUT LAG. The timing is perfect when I'm playing it in Wii mode, but I swear to fuck, there is a 0.5 second delay when pressing buttons, and it fucks me up so much, especially since I know SM64 like the back of my god damned hand.

Disappointing. I'm glad I have both versions because both have their benefits; I strongly prefer using the pro controller over the classic controller, gamepad play is a joy, and being able to customize the controls to match those of 3D World's is a blessing. But the tiny amount of lag and strange picture quality is really throwing me off here. As it stands, there still seems to be no definitive way to play VC N64 games for me.

Nowhere near that bad. It runs smoothly with no graphical oddities I'm aware of. My only problems are the picture and the input lag, and I SWEAR there is actually lag and I'm not going insane here

I noticed the same input lag when playing SNES VC games, but not GBA ones. Must be a Nintendo/M2 thing

tbh I'd rather Capcom skip AA1-3 because they're already on fucking WiiWare and 3DS eShop, and just put 4 out already because that's never seen a release elsewhere. Same with the Edgeworth games, but we won't be getting GK2 so in the end who cares

Apollo Justice wasn't released everywhere? Did only North America get it?

*Mario 64 Wii U comments*

Huh. I'm not having the input lag issues, wasn't with the SNES either. Perhaps it's just been so long that I don't notice? Still, I feel like I have perfect control over Mario. As for the colors, I'd have to say that probably has to do with today's TVs but I did notice it's not as bright as it would be on say an emulator. HOWEVER, it looks brighter on the Wii U for me than it did the Wii. Not sure what;s with my wacky experience there.

Huh. I'm not having the input lag issues, wasn't with the SNES either. Perhaps it's just been so long that I don't notice? Still, I feel like I have perfect control over Mario. As for the colors, I'd have to say that probably has to do with today's TVs but I did notice it's not as bright as it would be on say an emulator. HOWEVER, it looks brighter on the Wii U for me than it did the Wii. Not sure what;s with my wacky experience there.

It's been noted that its cause by controllers other than the main gamepad, like the pro controller, but not by all, a suggestion is resyncing your pro controler

I don't know what's up with the lag. I'm not even playing on an HDTV, and off-TV play gives the same results. Granted, it's a very miniscule amount of lag that I don't think most people would honestly notice; I think I just have an eye for this sort of thing. I can definitely say that playing the game in Wii mode feels much more immediate and natural in my experience.

Despite my bitching I'm having a pretty okay time so far. It's one of those games I probably will always prefer playing on real hardware, regardless of the emulation quality

Well, my only thought is check your consoles actual output, perhaps a lower system output might eliminate it

On another note, I've always wanted Super Scope games on the VC(and now Duckhunt proves it can be done) such as Yoshi's Safari, but now I found one I Really want ported!

Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge, from, wait for it, Intelligent Systems! ( oh and its a sequel to another cool looking super scope game, battleclash, which would also be cool)

256px-MetalcombatSNES_boxart.jpg

It has multiplayer, and stars this robot suit, Falcon(And its pilot Mike Anderson)( oh and this one had another one, the tornado, but Falcon is in both games)

b_fali9bx4.gif

... actually thinking about voting for this guy for smash, always wanted a mecha/battle bot of some kind... and this guy is even cooler than Ray

I love Shovel Knight as much as the next guy but it's not totally accurate to NES style mang. Some of the animations are WAY too good and look more 16-bit than 8-bit. XP

Everything else is great though and a true tribute to the NES era!

CBwZwVoW4AI8tLj.png

Hidden in the Mario 30th anniversary page.

That's not Dickbutt, what the fuck Nintendo? This anniversary sucks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wii U still sucks in all format charts.

16846723767_ca7fbf9901_b.jpg

I'd be surprised if Splatoon didn't top Wii U charts for a while.

Say what? Your first picture is of the top six games in the Wii U chart, my picture is of games 21-26 in the all format chart and your second picture is the top six games in the all-format character.

Splatoon is #26.

• Thumbs Up 1