Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I would argue N64 is the most important, most of the emulators are either terrible, or have issues with a ton of the library, and Nintendo are the first ones who may be able to get them all working

I'm not even holding my breath that Nintendo will release that many N64/DS games. The US hasn't gotten any new Wii games since the initial announcement, and for all we know, Europe probably isn't gonna get anymore than what was announced for that region either

Nintendo's VC support just sucks, and it's inconsistent across the board. Why the fuck does Europe have Zero Mission and Golden Sun 2 while we don't, while it took them this long to get Mario Kart: Super Circuit?

• Thumbs Up 7

It's bullshit if Nintendo doesn't release any more SNES games when stuff like Mario RPG and Secret of Mana are still missing.

Though, I don't think they'll stop. They've more recently uploaded an NES game than SNES, so I don't think they are putting those older systems to rest due to newer ones..

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently Nintendo is too much dumb to release classics on the Virtual Console nothing new too.

I'm not even holding my breath that Nintendo will release that many N64/DS games. The US hasn't gotten any new Wii games since the initial announcement, and for all we know, Europe probably isn't gonna get anymore than what was announced for that region either

Nintendo's VC support just sucks, and it's inconsistent across the board. Why the fuck does Europe have Zero Mission and Golden Sun 2 while we don't, while it took them this long to get Mario Kart: Super Circuit?

Its what annoying and anger me, the lack of Nintendo service forward the EShop VC is poorly done.

It's bullshit if Nintendo doesn't release any more SNES games when stuff like Mario RPG and Secret of Mana are still missing.

Though, I don't think they'll stop. They've more recently uploaded an NES game than SNES, so I don't think they are putting those older systems to rest due to newer ones..

• Thumbs Up 2

WTF XD The sad guy who made this isn't even trying. That has to be the laziest Flappy Bird/Legend of Zelda rip off I've ever seen, and it will probably be off the iOS shop within days.

I recognize that Link/Flappy Bird ripoff, actually; If I remember correctly, the developer of it had posted another version on a forum somewhere that I used to go to that had the same background, etcetc, but with a female character in the place of Link. Now, if only I could find it...

WTF XD The sad guy who made this isn't even trying. That has to be the laziest Flappy Bird/Legend of Zelda rip off I've ever seen, and it will probably be off the iOS shop within days.

It's a parody of all things rip-off. There's an item called "b*** bag" and the description is "oh come on, I'm not even allowed to say b***?". The b*** bag let's you throw bombs.

It's a parody of all things rip-off. There's an item called "b*** bag" and the description is "oh come on, I'm not even allowed to say b***?". The b*** bag let's you throw bombs.

I didn't even know that since I can't be arsed to download the game but, heh, that's pretty funny. Well at least it's a joke game and not some seriously delusional fool who thinks he's being original by ripping off others.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's true, but please...PLEASE make it more like The Thousand Year Door and not Sticker Star! Bring back companions, action RPG hijinks and great dialogue and humour, not whatever the hell Sticker Star was. Even something like Super Paper Mario would be better!

Even if the rumour turns out to be a hoax or something, I think we're definitely going to get a Paper Mario for the Wii U. In fact I'll be shocked if we don't. But my money's on it being announced & released next year. They might surprise us at E3 this year, since there are apparently some games they haven't announced yet that are set for this year, but...I dunno, for some reason I'm really skeptical that Paper Mario is going to be one of those titles.

I disagree honestly. I don't think we're getting Paper Mario, Metroid, or Animal Crossing on Wii U. Paper Mario I don't think is happening for multiple reasons. One, Intelligent Systems has already worked on a lot of games recently. Two, only one Paper Mario game is released per console generation. If they do a new console Paper Mario, I would expect it to be planned for NX or whatever.

Animal Crossing I don't think is happening because the Wii U is an odd scenario, and the console doesn't appeal that well to casual gamers. Plus its very late in the life cycle of the Wii U, and they announced a spinoff Animal Crossing game instead of a main one. That might also be saved for NX.

Metroid I'm more iffy on. Reggie seemed to indicate that they were talking about it briefly, but there's no real plans for it right now. I could potentially see a 3DS Metroid, but I'm not sure they'd do it now. However, Next Level Games is (supposedly) working on a Wii U title, and they did have a 3DS Metroid that was canceled. Maybe they moved it over to Wii U. However, due to Other M the franchise is in a huge hiatus right now, so I'm largely questioning it.

As for what could be worked on... I'm not sure, exactly. I just don't think the circumstances line up well for these three franchises in particular. There is a lack of Mario sports games on Wii U, so I do think we could get one (not from Camelot). There's Retro's title, which I think is another revival of a classic IP. What it could be exactly, I don't know. I don't think its either DK or Metroid, though.

There is the possibility of another developer doing a 3D DK game (not Retro).

I'm mostly expecting them to announce several spinoffs of major Nintendo franchises. Perhaps a new Kirby spinoff, a DK spinoff, we do have the first Fire Emblem spinoff coming up, probably another Techmo Koei crossover (with what franchise, I don't know, I just hope its not Mario), there's Pokken Tournament that will be coming to Wii U later, -maybe- Punch Out, and I think it'd be neat to have another JRPG (preferably something more turn-based) and another more traditional fighting game as well.

I suppose we could get Animal Crossing, I'm just iffy on it happening. Especially since it'd be so late in the Wii U's life cycle.

EDIT: Another thing I could see is a Nintendo Land sequel.

Well, in terms of Animal Crossing, it was three years before City Folk released on the Wii, and it's been almost three years now for the WiiU. Just because - maybe - the WiiU is near the end of its cycle doesn't mean they won't try for a release. And besides, it's a long stretch, but I'm going to guess that 3DS Happy Home Designer is something to do with the WiiU game. A long stretch, like I said, but maybe we can build homes for animals and import them into the main WiiU game? So we could easily have our favourite villagers, in a custom house?

I'm with you on the sports games, considering how many the Wii had. I still think they're missing something by not implementing Wuhu Island, but maybe a proper Wii U Sports is on the way. I'd also wager something to fill the void of games that the 3DS seems to have falling in, considering that void doesn't start until after E3.

Well, in terms of Animal Crossing, it was three years before City Folk released on the Wii, and it's been almost three years now for the WiiU. Just because - maybe - the WiiU is near the end of its cycle doesn't mean they won't try for a release. And besides, it's a long stretch, but I'm going to guess that 3DS Happy Home Designer is something to do with the WiiU game. A long stretch, like I said, but maybe we can build homes for animals and import them into the main WiiU game? So we could easily have our favourite villagers, in a custom house?

I'm with you on the sports games, considering how many the Wii had. I still think they're missing something by not implementing Wuhu Island, but maybe a proper Wii U Sports is on the way. I'd also wager something to fill the void of games that the 3DS seems to have falling in, considering that void doesn't start until after E3.

k7rM2fx.png

I'm not going to get a lot of support on my opinion here, but I hope this isn't implying Next Level Games is making another Punch-Out. I'm still thinking they aren't, due to their comment on them getting better and better Nintendo ips,but this has gotten me a bit nervous.

k7rM2fx.png

I'm not going to get a lot of support on my opinion here, but I hope this isn't implying Next Level Games is making another Punch-Out. I'm still thinking they aren't, due to their comment on them getting better and better Nintendo ips,but this has gotten me a bit nervous.

I highly doubt Punch Out is being worked on. I think it was just used as an example.

So Nintendo are announcing plans for their E3 tomorrow. Should be interesting to see what they have planned this year.

So Nintendo are announcing plans for their E3 tomorrow. Should be interesting to see what they have planned this year.

Please Understand DLC

• Thumbs Up 2

What the f***

Guys this must be the announcement

IF THIS IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT THEN I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THE REST OF TODAY

Na, it's not. Real one's due in 50 mins. But still, gonna miss Bill so much.