Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I'll definitely watch the Nintendo World Championships live, it sounds bloody great! Great video too, really funny and the montage with the Virtual Boy and such was priceless. Looked like they made reference to AVGN at one point too.

I'm highly considering skipping Nintendo's live direct this E3.

The things I probably expect:

Star Fox

Smash dlc

Possible Retro game? (Possibly Metroid)

Rumored Paper Mario game?

new Pokemon game (meh)

Not too much going on for me as far as my interests go.

I'm highly considering skipping Nintendo's live direct this E3.

The things I probably expect:

Star Fox

Smash dlc

Possible Retro game? (Possibly Metroid)

Rumored Paper Mario game?

new Pokemon game (meh)

Not too much going on for me as far as my interests go.

I doubt Retro is doing Metroid or Paper Mario is in development, personally.

No idea what we could get from Pokemon at all.

Just letting you guys know that the new Nintendo E3 announcement video is once again done by Mega64. Praise be.

Also, all I wanna really hear about this year is Star Fox, Zelda and Metroid. But with Zelda all but confirmed to not get any new info for some weird reason and Metroid almost confirmed to be dead forever, Star Fox is the only one worth betting on.

Also, Mother 3 for VC announcement please.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ryu for Smash will be shown at the World Championships.

You heard it here first!

Just letting you guys know that the new Nintendo E3 announcement video is once again done by Mega64. Praise be.

Also, all I wanna really hear about this year is Star Fox, Zelda and Metroid. But with Zelda all but confirmed to not get any new info for some weird reason and Metroid almost confirmed to be dead forever, Star Fox is the only one worth betting on.

Also, Mother 3 for VC announcement please.

Do you have a source for the no Zelda news thing, please? 

Technically the Digital Event isn't E3. So there's hope!

I doubt Retro is doing Metroid or Paper Mario is in development, personally.

No idea what we could get from Pokemon at all.

What do you think Retro is working on?

Ryu for Smash will be shown at the World Championships.

You heard it here first!

Dude, you know what would be amazing?

They get through all the rounds and there are 4 finalists. To decide the winner, these 4 have to fight one another in Super Smash Bros for Wii U. The round is over and the winner is crowned. Suddenly, the lights go down and a light shines down from the ceiling on a man in the Little Mac hoodie on stage. Everyone is expecting it to be Reggie, so imagine their surprise when the figure walks up to one of the on-stage mics, pulls off his hood and it turns out to be

Yoshinori Ono, the executive producer of Street Fighter.

He then says "Take a look at this" and Ryu's reveal trailer is shown off. TO PROTECT HIS TITLE, THE NWCHAMPION MUST DEFEAT YOSHINORI IN A ONE-ON-ONE NO ITEMS, STOCK 5, FINAL DESTINATION MATCH WITH YOSHI PLAYING AS RYU.

if you think that wouldn't be the tightest shit then get out of my face

• Thumbs Up 8

IOsH2Vl.jpg

Well I'd say the Amiibo restock is going well. I just found Marth at GameStop, right in the Amiibo section. YEEEEEEEEE

I don't usually say things like this, but... I kind of want to see a new IP from Retro. Though I'd be fine with whatever else they may be developing.

Technically the Digital Event isn't E3. So there's hope!

What do you think Retro is working on?

For their new project, not sure. It could be anything. I just don't think its Metroid specifically. I'm pretty sure their new game they started after TF is something they've not done before. It is confirmed to be on a new engine, as well. It could be a new IP, or another franchise revival that hasn't been active in a long time.

I also do think they're working on something else since before they finished TF, though. That I've got a pretty big hunch on what it is, but others around here don't believe me. I'll say it, though; I blatantly do think Diddy Kong Racing Wii U is happening, and Retro is developing it (or at least partially developing it).

Even if Retro's "new" project does not get announced, if this is in development, this is what would get announced instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when this was in Kickstarter. Looks great!

This had a kickstarter? Shoot, wish somebody had told me, I would've jumped all over something like this cause it looks fantastic.

I remember when this was in Kickstarter. Looks great!

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this.

Looks fantastic, definitely gonna pick this up when it comes out.

I recommend watching it on youtube. You can view it in HD and at 60fps.

Wasn't this being made by a Retro member who was going to make a Sonic 2 3D game but quit early on?

Doesn't give me a lot of hope if he can just drop projects like that on the fly even if he did pass his kickstarter. looks good though.

Bought a new 2TB hard drive sooo I'm using my old 500GB one (with a Y-cable) with my Wii U now. Feels nice to have the storage space because I was edging closer to running out of system memory, especially with Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 3, and MK8 DLC taking up the bulk of things.

Wasn't this being made by a Retro member who was going to make a Sonic 2 3D game but quit early on?

Doesn't give me a lot of hope if he can just drop projects like that on the fly even if he did pass his kickstarter. looks good though.

Yes, 90s Arcade Racer's creator is the same Retro guy (pelikan13) behind that Sonic fangame (Sonic Fan Remix). It's worth noting that pelikan13 specifically stopped working on Sonic Fan Remix to start working on 90s Arcade Racer, it's not like he just decided to drop the former on a whim.

This is the same guy?

That 3D remake is not how I would want an official remake to look (I straight up do not want graphical remakes to the old Sonic games, ever) but as a fangame it was really impressive. This game looks interesting

Holy shit IT IS him! I don't remember the Fan Remix looking this amazing. I wish Sonic 4 looked this good.

Sonic Fan Remix is the very definition of a clusterfuck. Don't get me wrong, cause it's impressive as hell but there's just so much going on with the visuals, and everything's in your face so much you just don't know what to look at. And for some reason, he decided to add random Motobugs to the level. Even though it's a direct remake of Emerald Hill, he decided to clusterfuck up the level design. Brilliant technical design, some parts that really let it down.

But back to this Wii U racer... yeah, it looks good. I'd like to play it. Good on Pelikan for putting his skills to use where he can make a profit instead of just making SEGA look bad.

• Thumbs Up 2