Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

I'd love to get this, but I just recently got a laptop that can run it well enough so not much point for now. I also don't really know how the console versions fare other than having a limited map world for obvious reasons.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions have infinite worlds, I think. Either that or they're so large they come close to being infinite. The console versions do tend to be slower to receive major updates than the PC, though - I don't think underwater ruins or the like exist yet, and it'll probably be another year or two before they get the new End-related items and blocks the PC's getting.

Ya additional future content is definitely just Nintendo costumes, maybe with amiibo support. Also notice it's only coming to the West, not Japan which further quantifies this means nothing towards smash

Ya additional future content is definitely just Nintendo costumes, maybe with amiibo support. Also notice it's only coming to the West, not Japan which further quantifies this means nothing towards smash

While I agree Steve is probably not coming to Smash...

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/673937874480291840?p=v

It IS coming to Japan. Published by Microsoft.

Well here's something interesting

microosftrarenintendpgopdr.jpg

would definitely be cool if it happened, now if only we could spread it more

• Thumbs Up 2

While I agree Steve is probably not coming to Smash...

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/673937874480291840?p=v

It IS coming to Japan. Published by Microsoft.

Hmm, this is interesting.

I almost forgot that Microsoft owns Minecraft, haha. Wonder how that deal went down between the 2 companies?

Maybe next we'll see Halo for the 3DS?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well this was super cute and heartwarming

Good god I almost cried tears of joy from this ;)

As much crap as I give nintendo sometimes, its stuff like this that reminds me why their my favorite company.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions have infinite worlds, I think. Either that or they're so large they come close to being infinite. The console versions do tend to be slower to receive major updates than the PC, though - I don't think underwater ruins or the like exist yet, and it'll probably be another year or two before they get the new End-related items and blocks the PC's getting.

I'm pretty sure they do not have infinite worlds... they are much, much bigger, though.

PC is technically infinite, but not really. Get too big and you can't go any further without it corrupting. Of course, its very difficult to go that far as is.

Hmm, wasn't sure if this merited a thread, and since I posted about it here before figured I'd throw it in here
So what's up is that Microsoft Studios has actually said on Twitter that Wii-u owners could actually request a wii-u version of Rare Replay
https://twitter.com/MSStudiosBlog/status/673878677885616128
microosftrarenintendpgopdr.jpg
So, well we either can bug their twitter, or someone put together a petition
https://www.change.org/p/phil-spencer-bring-rare-replay-to-nintendo-wii-u-console
Honestly, things seem to be interesting between Nintendo and Microsoft lately, almost as they realize they're in it together rather than fully competing(especially since Nintendo's viewpoint is to bring a unique experience, not directly compete). Could this or RARE games on VC happen? possibly, especially with the recent announcement of Minecraft U... personally I think it combined with Banjo-Kazooie in Smash could happen(or at least if they got in the B-K games would come either to VC, or in a collection.)

It seems pretty one-sided to me, seeing as how I haven't seen any praise towards Microsoft from Nintendo's end. Microsoft also doesn't view Nintendo as a viable competitor, which is how they're able to get away with making these comments

Minecraft being on Wii U doesn't change anything, nor does it boost Banjo's chances of getting into Smash beyond 0%. People seem to forget that Minecraft is still readily available on Sony systems.

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems pretty one-sided to me, seeing as how I haven't seen any praise towards Microsoft from Nintendo's end. Microsoft also doesn't view Nintendo as a viable competitor, which is how they're able to get away with making these comments

Minecraft being on Wii U doesn't change anything, nor does it boost Banjo's chances of getting into Smash beyond 0%. People seem to forget that Minecraft is still readily available on Sony systems.

Nintendo doesn't really see anyone as a competitor either. They just do their own thing. 

Actually, the creator of Minecraft was astonished when Microsoft announced it was coming to wii-u, since he had opposed it coming to Nintendo since the beginning which is why it took so long. It happened post buyout, and completely on Microsoft's perogitive

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind trying the classic Nintendo FF games, though I'd probably go for the GBA remakes, they are suposed to have major improvement

I wouldn't mind trying the classic Nintendo FF games, though I'd probably go for the GBA remakes, they are suposed to have major improvement

Oh right, I didn't specify that this IS the GBA version. :D

So hey, Japan is getting Final Fantasy VI for Wii U VC.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/17/japan-final-fantasy-vi-advance-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console/

Hopefully it comes to the US, I've never played a non-3D FF game (and save states would help tremendously if I suck at it lel).

Ooh please please please let this come to Europe. I've been wanting to give FFVI a try for a while now, and to play the best version of it would be all the sweeter. Come on Nintendo, spread the love this Christmas!

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I just had an interesting thought, out of all the third party companies to bring games to Wii-u N64 VC, I actually think Konami may be most likely. Greed is their weakness, and it'd be free money, and an easy thing, especially in the west, where they have what, about 6 or so games eligible for VC(2 Goemon games, 2 Castlevanias, and Hybrid Heaven), without bringing in Hudson-Soft games, which they've been willing to share/license to Nintendo as shown by them being able to license an IP(albeit obscure one). Also, on the Konami side at least, we've already gotten what, 3/4s or so of their SNES catalog in the west, and PCEngine VC is still alive in the East(and the Turbo Graphix may be returning in the west if recent ratings are any indicator.) Heck, they released some on the wii side already, and out of all the Third parties, they have the most valuable N64 games to lend out(other than Rare of course)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay for Mario RPG! Now the two VC games I owned on Wii can get updated and I can play them both again =D

Really hope we get SMRPG in NA soonn, would love to finally play it(waiting for the wii-u version), although I'd definitely trade it for some new/non-previously released N64VC games

Zack & Wiki, and now Super Mario RPG. Man, Europe's eshop is striking gold! Can us Americans get some too pleaaaaase?:accordion-head:

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, that wasn't the Square RPG I was expecting to see on this week's download list...!

Very pleased to see Super Mario RPG finally coming to the Wii U eShop, I'll definitely be upgrading my Wii version of that. I thought Nintendo's new partnership with Square would only extend to Cloud and Geno representation in Smash, but it looks like they're spreading the love elsewhere too!

Hoping for Final Fantasy VI Advance for next week. Having two of the best Square RPGs in consecutive weeks - for Christmas and New Year, no less - would be one of the best holiday presents Nintendo could give us.