Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

Heads up motherfuckers. Noitu Love 2: Devolution, the best god damned action indie game of all time, is coming to the Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, while I'd love some new/previously non-re-released N64 VC games, personally I'd totally go for Mario Party 2 or 3, heck even 1! My family's visiting this weekend, and my sister's love the classics, though going to give Sonic Shuffle a go with 'em

Hmm, ok so I'm considering getting a few Wii-u VC games as a little Christmas present to myself and for when the family visits. So, wii-u only(don't have the controllers for more than 2 on the wii side), multiplayer games you'd suggest? was considering Mario Tennis, and was maybe thinking Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga(like the series, but never played more than half the original), so anybody got any good multiplayer suggestions? Also considering original Sin and Punishment, I have the sequel, but not the original

Hmm, ok so I'm considering getting a few Wii-u VC games as a little Christmas present to myself and for when the family visits. So, wii-u only(don't have the controllers for more than 2 on the wii side), multiplayer games you'd suggest? was considering Mario Tennis, and was maybe thinking Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga(like the series, but never played more than half the original), so anybody got any good multiplayer suggestions? Also considering original Sin and Punishment, I have the sequel, but not the original

Superstar Saga is a fantastic game, definitely give that another go if you've never completed it. Same goes for Sin and Punishment - the N64 original isn't as refined as the Wii sequel but it's full of the same bullet hell brilliance, and it'll help explain some of the subtle references in Successor of the Skies/Star Successor.

Superstar Saga is a fantastic game, definitely give that another go if you've never completed it. Same goes for Sin and Punishment - the N64 original isn't as refined as the Wii sequel but it's full of the same bullet hell brilliance, and it'll help explain some of the subtle references in Successor of the Skies/Star Successor.

I enjoyed Superstar Saga for what it tried to pull some different stuff usual for the Mario series at the time on a GBA, with Bowser getting amnesia, the different objectives besides just on a mission to rescue Peach, and even Luigi cross-dressing in a succesfull way to fool Cackletta's scheme. While the later games have been sort of hit or miss, I highly recommend Superstar Saga if you want a moderately great RPG game on the GBA.

I tried Sin & Punishment N64 on the VC during the Wii days, but I couldn't get into it, was too frantic and the visuals were annoying to me, personally.

Got SS, S&P, and upgrading Paper Mario

ou Europeans are so lucky this week, not only do you get both 1080 and Wave Race 64(Also they are the US versions), and if you buy one the other is half off... I hope NOA gives us something good like maybe a good N64 game, or heck maybe our first third party one, I mean heck you just made a big deal with Square Enix, and Konami has no trouble putting games on the VC

Also Next week Japan's getting some good stuff, including the FF1+2 remake

http://nintendoeverything.com/upcoming-japanese-eshop-releases-1616-mario-kart-64-and-more/

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario 64 DS (DS, 950 yen)
Mario Kart 64 (N64, 1,028 yen)
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA, 702 yen)

• 3 weeks later...

So, dunno if anyone else saw this but, to celebrate Metroid's 30th birthday Nintendo just announced...

Zero Mission on the Eshop.

...Huh bit underwhelming, but I'm not complaining, one less Metroid game to get off my list.

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

You guys only just got that? We've had it on the eShop for ages now. o_O

Dayum localization, you crazy.

Not even localization, after all the game was released in the USA. It's just Nintendo being Nintendo when it comes to eShop Releases

• Thumbs Up 2

Well of course, they gotta release classics such as Urban Champion and Bayou Billy before they release Metroid Zero Mission or Super Mario RPG.

• Thumbs Up 3

I got a Nintendo customer service question for y'all.

So, if anyone's missed me grumbling in the statuses a few days ago, my Gamepad has been acting up. The A button wasn't responding at all a few nights ago, but then played normally a little later just before I was about to call up Nintendo. Things were more or less fine, though on Saturday I noticed that the A button wouldn't work while headphones were plugged in, but I kinda shrugged it off. That's an inconvenience, but I'd rather be able to play my games. Today (or yesterday at this point), the Gamepad worked fine for a few sessions of Xenoblade X, except for about an hour ago when it stopped working in the middle of a battle. I'm not really sure why it's happening, and I've never had a controller, let alone a Nintendo controller, give out on me like this.

So, while I'm expecting the controller to start acting normally again after I lay off of it for a bit, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make that dreaded phone call after all. Now, I'm just curious, does anyone have experience with Nintendo's repair service? I'm really paranoid about sending in my controller for repair, paying for said repair, and them just sending me a refurbished controller instead. Now, I realize Gamepads aren't being sold separately in retail, but does anyone think it's possible I could buy a new one directly from Nintendo? Or, if I end up having to buy a refurbished controller (which I don't really want to do, but I'm expecting this to be the most likely outcome), what can I expect in terms of condition/quality?

I just want to know what I'm getting myself into because I'm really not liking having to do this at all.

My GamePad's wireless card just up and died, I sent it in and they sent back a refurb that looked newer than mine. Sometimes errors happen, but a factory refurb from Nintendo generally means you're getting a returned product that's like new.

I see. I can't say I'm all that happy about it coming down to that, but if I can expect the condition to be comparable to my own, I'll talk to them about it and cross my fingers.

Generally speaking they send a refurb because it's faster. If you really want your original, then you can request as such, but it's likely it would take longer to repair.

Yeah, that'd make sense. I'm just going to ask them upfront about it if that's the case. I don't necessarily mind waiting, but if I already know to expect a refurbished product, I'll just ask them about selling me that instead of paying for a repair when I'm not actually going to get the product back.

On 12/23/2015 at 9:34 PM, Sean said:

Heads up motherfuckers. Noitu Love 2: Devolution, the best god damned action indie game of all time, is coming to the Wii U.

How did I miss this post? That game looks absolutely delightful. So many great indie games coming in 2016.

News update:

JANUARY 21, 2016

STAR FOX ZERO STILL COMING IN APRIL, AMIIBO SUPPORT CONFIRMED

Plus, new Animal Crossing figures in March.

BY ALEX OSBORN

Nintendo has outlined its plans for amiibo in early 2016, confirming Star Fox Zero will support its NFC-based figures in some capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT

No details were provided on how amiibo will function in the game, with Nintendo planning to share more information at a later date. The company also reaffirmed that Star Fox Zero is on track for release on April 22, despite rumblings earlier this month suggesting it had been pushed to
Star Fox Zero - Introducing Star Fox Trailer

36190303starfoxzerointroducingstarfoxtra

Nintendo's announcement also revealed its plans for the next wave of Animal Crossing amiibo, with the previously leaked Timmy & Tommy, Kapp'n and Rover all scheduled to release on March 18 in North America. Additionally, Digby will be available as a standalone figure and the next set of Animal Crossing amiibo cards will also be available in March.

In celebration of Pokemon's upcoming 20th anniversary, the company is restocking select retailers with Charizard, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Lucario amiibo, which will join the already plentiful supply of Pikachu.

Nintendo also outlined The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD's amiibo functionality, which were just recently detailed in a new trailer.

m.ign.com/articles/2016/01/21/star-fox-zero-still-coming-in-april-amiibo-support-confirmed

Those worried about Star Fox being supposedly delayed can rest easier now. 

In North America at least, the question now is: What's Nintendo's big May game this year, we have a major one every year, Retro's mystery project perhaps?

Also in an interview a while back Miyamoto confirmed the amiibo's simply unlock bonus skins and nothing significant

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno where else to post this since I searched and I didn't find a proper amiibo topic:

Joe Merrick aka Serebii just reported that with amiibo (as of Dec 31st, 2015 I presume):

Figures: 20.5 million sold

Cards: 21.5 million sold

amiibo is flowing into Nintendo's wallet like a raging river with these things, but you kinda would have figured that. 

Also from Go Nintendo the Wii U and 3DS sales:

CaMTYsUWcAATfIX.jpg

Boy, that's a LOT of catching up to do huh? 

On 2/2/2016 at 7:25 AM, TCB said:

Boy, that's a LOT of catching up to do huh? 

Catching up to who though? lol

Worth noting sales of the 2015 Wii U games:

Splatoon: 4.06 million

Super Mario Maker 3.34m

Yoshi's Woolly World: 1.31m

Splatoon continuing to prove it has amazing tentacles. I bet the game will have sold 5 million units by the time it's been a year since its original release. Definitely a proven new IP that will get a sequel (and character slot in the next Smash).

Mario Kart 8's sales have also been updated, the game now has sold 7.24 million. That's more than half of the Wii U's entire install base (57.8% attach rate). For anyone interested in the sales of other MK games:
Wii (Wii): 35.53m
DS (DS): 23.56m
7 (3DS): 11.42m
64 (N64): 9.87m
Super Mario Kart (SNES): 8.76m
8 (Wii U): 7.24m
Double Dash (GCN): 6.88m
Super Circuit (GBA): 5.91m

First-party Wii U games listed in the upcoming schedule are Mario and Sonic 2016 (Nintendo's publishing it WW like Sochi 2014) and Zelda 2016 (both with the pending "2016" release date), as well as the aforementioned Project Giant Robot and Project Guard (still TBD).

2 minutes ago, Inspector Gabe said:

Splatoon continuing to prove it has amazing tentacles. I bet the game will have sold 5 million units by the time it's been a year since its original release. Definitely a proven new IP that will get a sequel (and character slot in the next Smash).

I'm not sure Splatoon has it in itself to sell nearly a million in the next 3 months.

4.06 Million is crazy, though. I expected it to do really well, but this went beyond my expectations.

5 hours ago, Inspector Gabe said:

Catching up to who though? lol

Worth noting sales of the 2015 Wii U games:

Splatoon: 4.06 million

Super Mario Maker 3.34m

Yoshi's Woolly World: 1.31m

Mario Kart 8's sales have also been updated, the game now has sold 7.24 million. That's more than half of the Wii U's entire install base (57.8% attach rate). For anyone interested in the sales of other MK games:
Wii (Wii): 35.53m
DS (DS): 23.56m
7 (3DS): 11.42m
64 (N64): 9.87m
Super Mario Kart (SNES): 8.76m
8 (Wii U): 7.24m
Double Dash (GCN): 6.88m
Super Circuit (GBA): 5.91m

First-party Wii U games listed in the upcoming schedule are Mario and Sonic 2016 (Nintendo's publishing it WW like Sochi 2014) and Zelda 2016 (both with the pending "2016" release date), as well as the aforementioned Project Giant Robot and Project Guard (still TBD).

It's fun, this confirms Splatoon as the best selling New first party IP yet this gen, both in pure numbers and in attach rate

WOOOAAAAAHHHHH NA is getting 3 VC games today! 1 DS(big Brain academy), and 2 GBA ones(Kuru Kuru Kurunin, and Polarium advance)

Now if only we could start this as a trend! 1 new and 2 catch-up a week would be sweeeeettttt... also when was the last time we have had this happen with 3 releases? have we?

from the press release

Virtual Console on Wii U

Big Brain Academy – This Nintendo DS staple brings entertainment that anyone young or young-at-heart can enjoy. It’s the perfect way to challenge and stimulate your mind. Test your mental acuity in a five-category quiz: thinking, memorization, computation, analysis and identification.
Kuru Kuru Kururin – Oh no! Kururin’s brothers and sisters are lost across 10 different worlds! In a special helicopter, the Helirin, navigate through mazes as quickly as you can while avoiding obstacles such as walls, pistons and cannons. You can also customize your Helirin by using items acquired in Adventure mode.
Polarium Advance – In this Game Boy Advance puzzler, create horizontal rows of the same color to clear the board. Challenge yourself to 365 puzzles, with many modes that will test your mind.