Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

actualy, this goes in the business thread

also they did the same with the DS family, doubt its going to go anywhere

Eh; thought of it on the fly. Not much news aside from Super Mario Bros 3 on the VC... again.

Hey wait;

This latest trailer just makes me confused. They can make multiplayer work for Super Mario Bros 3, so that means they should be able to make it work for their other titles on the Eshop... like Pokemon? Or their other multiplayer games. 

I swear, I don't get Nintendo sometimes.

I guess thats since unlike pokemon and other games, mario is more or less a take turns kind of multiplayer instead of an actual real multiplayer so it works here. Still mad that they can't at least try to get it to work on everything else though.

I guess thats since unlike pokemon and other games, mario is more or less a take turns kind of multiplayer instead of an actual real multiplayer so it works here. Still mad that they can't at least try to get it to work on everything else though.

But this game has a battle mode which is an interaction between the two players.

But this game has a battle mode which is an interaction between the two players.

Perphaps it's because it's an NES game?

Edit: wait your talking about the 3DS version or the Wii U version?

Perphaps it's because it's an NES game?

Edit: wait your talking about the 3DS version or the Wii U version?

The 3DS version is the one, since it's the only one supporting download play. But this just extends to all Nintendo discussion as a whole; it shouldn't be taking this long for Nintendo to work out ideas on how to make multiplayer work in their GBA and GB games. At least I hope they patch it in the future when they figure it out. 

On another note, Target is giving discounts on Eshop cards. So if you're looking to buy something digital, now is the time to get some extra points for that deal.

unnamed(2).jpg

This latest trailer just makes me confused. They can make multiplayer work for Super Mario Bros 3, so that means they should be able to make it work for their other titles on the Eshop... like Pokemon? Or their other multiplayer games. 

I swear, I don't get Nintendo sometimes.

Hmm... don't get hopes up too much for Pokémon, or any multiplayer Game Boy game.

With emulation, there's a world of difference between two systems displaying the same emulation while taking inputs from two imaginary controllers plugged into one imaginary console, and two separate emulations interacting with each other from two imaginary consoles via an imaginary link cable.

Game Gear games on the 3DS eshop support multiplayer. The three that have it, anyway.

There's no reason Nintendo can't attempt to do the same. Fact is, they probably didn't feel like implementing it at the time (along with some other essential yet basic features like better upscaling and customizable controls, grumblemumble) and they won't be starting now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Game Gear games on the 3DS eshop support multiplayer. The three that have it, anyway.

There's no reason Nintendo can't attempt to do the same. Fact is, they probably didn't feel like implementing it at the time (along with some other essential yet basic features like better upscaling and customizable controls, grumblemumble) and they won't be starting now.

Wait they don't  have customizable controls? 

I thought that was mentioned in the trailer.

Wait, so SMB3 is available on both Wii-U and 3DS...? Why in the world couldn't they have done this from the beginning with the GBA games too...? Not that it matters to me since of the two I only have a Wii-U, but I'm a little confused why they couldn't do what they did here for the GBA games too? Does it have something to do with the emulation (didn't early 3DS VC include GBA or something though? What happened?)?

Say you guys, on the Nintendo letting other companies work with their IPs, heres a thought: How about Treasure doing a Star Fox game? I mean seriously, they already have a nintendo exclusive series in the form of Sin and Punishment, and its an on rails shooter, I could seriously see them doing the one true successor to Star Fox 64, I mean they have history to do it right

I mean we dont hear too often from them, and it would proably be the hardest Star Fox ever, but on the other hand they would be the perfect developer to take it back to its roots

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait they don't  have customizable controls? 

I thought that was mentioned in the trailer.

Only the Wii U VC has customizable controls as far as I know.

Wait, so SMB3 is available on both Wii-U and 3DS...? Why in the world couldn't they have done this from the beginning with the GBA games too...? Not that it matters to me since of the two I only have a Wii-U, but I'm a little confused why they couldn't do what they did here for the GBA games too? Does it have something to do with the emulation (didn't early 3DS VC include GBA or something though? What happened?)?

It's already been explained long ago. The 3DS can't emulate GBA games through the Virtual Console. The Ambassador games used a work around that spoofed them through GBA firmware mode, which is coded into the 3DS.

It's already been explained long ago. The 3DS can't emulate GBA games through the Virtual Console. The Ambassador games used a work around that spoofed them through GBA firmware mode, which is coded into the 3DS.

Oh, I didn't know about that. I hadn't followed that closely and if it was mentioned in the old Wii-U thread, it probably got buried under a lot of the "doom and gloom" back and forth in there. Thanks for clearing that up, though.

Say you guys, on the Nintendo letting other companies work with their IPs, heres a thought: How about Treasure doing a Star Fox game? I mean seriously, they already have a nintendo exclusive series in the form of Sin and Punishment, and its an on rails shooter, I could seriously see them doing the one true successor to Star Fox 64, I mean they have history to do it right

I mean we dont hear too often from them, and it would proably be the hardest Star Fox ever, but on the other hand they would be the perfect developer to take it back to its roots

Treasure seems like a good fit for that franchise, actually. Just going off of the Sin & Punishment series (Wii-U sequel plz), I can see a traditional Star Fox rail shooter come out of them that'd work in the same vein and be just as hectic and fun. Though I personally wouldn't mind a new Dinosaur Planet (I can take or leave Fox and crew), I won't go there.

Only the Wii U VC has customizable controls as far as I know.

Kinda seems pointless to me, offering GBA games through the Ambassador program for a system that they're not planning to do general releases of GBA games (workaround or otherwise) on there. They could had easily chose some other reward, like games for another platform compatible with 3DS VC or discounts or something. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

For that matter, since they got the Ambassador games working, I don't see why they couldn't have either released them more widely and used the same technique to offer other GBA games on 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 3

For that matter, since they got the Ambassador games working, I don't see why they couldn't have either released them more widely and used the same technique to offer other GBA games on 3DS.

Because it was a buggy bypass with no extra features that literaly was a pain to get to work. It was a temporary one off measure, not a permanent solution

also look who invaded Washington DC

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/226654-mario-and-luigi-visit-washington-d-c-photo-gallery

"'ello, Mr. Obama! It's a-me, Mario! I have a proposition you can't refuse!

Force every American to buy a Wii U...

...or we will allow Bowser to kidnap Princess Michelle and your children!

Okey-dokey?"

• Thumbs Up 8

"'ello, Mr. Obama! It's a-me, Mario! I have a proposition you can't refuse!

Force every American to buy a Wii U...

...or we will allow Bowser to kidnap Princess Michelle and your children!

Okey-dokey?

*Obama call the police to cuffs the plumbers*

"Wait, MAMMA MIA! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! OH NO! OH NOOOHOHOHO!! Mamma Mia."

*Obama call the police to cuffs the plumbers*

"Wait, MAMMA MIA! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! OH NO! OH NOOOHOHOHO!! Mamma Mia."

"ITS NO USE"

MLWTWB.png

just couldnt resist, I think we need to get a "Some just like to watch the world burn" caption on this

On the upside Bowser just got rid of Congress

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry to double post, but actual game news!

note, this is japan for now

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/226734-new-fatal-frame-game-announced-for-wii-u

- project being worked on by Tecmo Koei and Nintendo
- no name, release date set
- original novel is also due out in August
- comic in the works as well

Thanks to all that sent this in!

Link

speculation has that it might be a reboot, and I think the localization chances are decent, as Tecmo-Koei and Nintendo have a strong bond right now, specialy with Hyrule warriors coming out, and the wii-u does need games

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, if they advertised it really well towards the hardcore, I could see this really taking off in the US.

I've never played fatal frame in my life.

Is it one of those horror games that's actually scary or what?

I've never played fatal frame in my life.

Is it one of those horror games that's actually scary or what?

It drop-dead horrifying; you take the role of young women who are basically being mauraded by ghosts everywhere, but it's not just jump scares, but the kind of scare that just sort of builds and builds until you are a mess of paranoia with an incredibly deep story or sacrifice, and moving on. It's better when you see for yourself though.

The first  3 games uses Resident Evil's dynamic camera angles but with far better controls. And the combat is from a first person view so no awkward aiming. But the beauty of this combat is that you have to let the ghosts get as close to you as possible before you can hurt them with the camera; combine that with the fact they turn invisible every now and then, and you have an exercise in paranoia.