Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

It drop-dead horrifying; you take the role of young women who are basically being mauraded by ghosts everywhere, but it's not just jump scares, but the kind of scare that just sort of builds and builds until you are a mess of paranoia with an incredibly deep story or sacrifice, and moving on. It's better when you see for yourself though.

The first  3 games uses Resident Evil's dynamic camera angles but with far better controls. And the combat is from a first person view so no awkward aiming. But the beauty of this combat is that you have to let the ghosts get as close to you as possible before you can hurt them with the camera; combine that with the fact they turn invisible every now and then, and you have an exercise in paranoia.

So, first person luigi's mansion with chicks and cameras?

Isn't Luigi's Mansion more funny than actually scary?

My friend's a horror game buff. Big fan of Resident Evil and Silent Hill - I think I recall him telling me Fatal Frame on PS2 was one of his favorites. I'm interested in this.

Isn't Luigi's Mansion more funny than actually scary?

My friend's a horror game buff. Big fan of Resident Evil and Silent Hill - I think I recall him telling me Fatal Frame on PS2 was one of his favorites. I'm interested in this.

I meant it in humor, as I dont play horror games, I already have enough stress, same reason I dont watch horror movies

It drop-dead horrifying; you take the role of young women who are basically being mauraded by ghosts everywhere, but it's not just jump scares, but the kind of scare that just sort of builds and builds until you are a mess of paranoia with an incredibly deep story or sacrifice, and moving on. It's better when you see for yourself though.

The first  3 games uses Resident Evil's dynamic camera angles but with far better controls. And the combat is from a first person view so no awkward aiming. But the beauty of this combat is that you have to let the ghosts get as close to you as possible before you can hurt them with the camera; combine that with the fact they turn invisible every now and then, and you have an exercise in paranoia.

I like the sound of this, actually. I was afraid it would be a complete joke like a lot of "horror" games are nowadays.

I'll look into it.

<: D.... >:|................... < : D..................... ╟÷/ Hmmm....

Well... they don't suck up the ghosts. tongue.png

I meant it in humor, as I dont play horror games, I already have enough stress, same reason I dont watch horror movies

Fatal Frame, from what I can tell, is actually scary.

Fatal-Frame-770x578-1383110824.jpg

Hope it comes to PS4 or PC, but props to Nintendo if they funded it themselves.

It actually sounds like Nintendo is directly helping out with it, sooo... yeah. Almost definitely an exclusive.

Well, it does say being worked on by Nintendo and Koei, and the past 3 games were nintendo exclusive, they might also have a current contract going on that involves this, and Hyrule Warriors

It actually sounds like Nintendo is directly helping out with it, sooo... yeah. Almost definitely an exclusive.

Cool with me, then. Happy to see them partnering up with third parties. This could be the start of something great.

Hate to break it to you Discoid; but Fatal Frame became a Nintendo property after the third game. Don't ask me why they wanted it; that's all I know. 

So far Nintendo has only released a spin off of the games here in America, "Spirit Camera" (which totally blows I might add.)

The fourth game and the remake of two never came out here. But I have hope Nintendo brings this one out here, since it's looking to be a reboot, what with the movie and comic and all and since Nintendo saw what happened with Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Last Story, they might be willing to make it a downloadable title in the least.

Cool with me, then. Happy to see them partnering up with third parties. This could be the start of something great.

Hate to break it to you Discoid; but Fatal Frame became a Nintendo property after the third game. Don't ask me why they wanted it; that's all I know. 

So far Nintendo has only released a spin off of the games here in America, "Spirit Camera" (which totally blows I might add.)

The fourth game and the remake of two never came out here. But I have hope Nintendo brings this one out here, since it's looking to be a reboot, what with the movie and comic and all.

Yep, also Discoid, these are the guys who are making Hyrule Warriors as well

The fourth game and the remake of two never came out here. But I have hope Nintendo brings this one out here, since it's looking to be a reboot, what with the movie and comic and all.

... Oh. Well that dampens my broader enthusiasm for third party relations, but hey, they're actually using a non-iconic franchise they own. Cool with me. Really glad that it's an M game, too. 

... Oh. Well that dampens my broader enthusiasm for third party relations, but hey, they're actually using a non-iconic franchise they own. Cool with me. Really glad that it's an M game, too. 

Well, they are technically giving it to a third party dev. It definitely spells good hopes for better third party relations, and they don't have to spread their dev teams thin.

If we're lucky, maybe this means they'll let others handle their other smaller franchises, like Star Fox, Golden Sun, or F-zero.

I'd much rather them take advantage of this to get new IPs going.

We've had a lot of new IPs, but they were pretty minor. Something new like Pikmin was for the gamecube all those years ago would be nice.

I'd much rather them take advantage of this to get new IPs going.

We've had a lot of new IPs, but they were pretty minor. Something new like Pikmin was for the gamecube all those years ago would be nice.

An obscure IP may as well be a new one in this case. I doubt many Nintendo fans have actually played the old Fatal Frame games considering the only english releases were out on Playstation.

I wonder if they'll share a bit of footage on that Fatal Frame at E3 this year. That'd definitely turn some heads. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if they'll share a bit of footage on that Fatal Frame at E3 this year. That'd definitely turn some heads. :v

Absolutely. I genuinely hope this is the start of a new trend. It's really exciting to think about. 

After all, Nintendo's "image" you could say is that they champion the old days and retro sensibilities, for better or worse. Why not channel that into a new avenue? Revive dead franchises that people missed? That'd be cool. Probably not terribly expensive, either.

• Thumbs Up 2

Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero... could all use a new game. I have heard that Miyamoto said something a while back about how they'd announce a new IP after the release of Mario Kart 8, but I don't know how accurate that is. Probably at E3 or something.

EDIT: Well, I should note Star Fox and F-Zero moreso than Metroid as they've been waiting far longer, but Metroid as well could use a new game.

I want another Sin & Punishment game.

Or a new Wario Land.

Or Rhythm Heaven.

Or Kid Icarus.

Or...yeah, it could use more.

Or a new Wario Land.

Or Rhythm Heaven.

Or Kid Icarus.

Well, Kid Icarus just got a new game, so I think we're good on that right now. Wario Land, Sin & Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, those could be explored more as well. There's also Golden Sun and Advance Wars that haven't gotten games in a while.

Nintendo capitalising on nostalgia and franchise history in a good way is something I'd be very interested in as well.  They have a lot of properties they just plain aren't doing anything with, and it's a crying shame for them to go to waste.

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely. I genuinely hope this is the start of a new trend. It's really exciting to think about. 

After all, Nintendo's "image" you could say is that they champion the old days and retro sensibilities, for better or worse. Why not channel that into a new avenue? Revive dead franchises that people missed? That'd be cool. Probably not terribly expensive, either.

Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero... could all use a new game. I have heard that Miyamoto said something a while back about how they'd announce a new IP after the release of Mario Kart 8, but I don't know how accurate that is. Probably at E3 or something.

EDIT: Well, I should note Star Fox and F-Zero moreso than Metroid as they've been waiting far longer, but Metroid as well could use a new game.

Or a new Wario Land.

I could roll with this, and this would actualy be the smartest move nintendo could make, Only other company with a comparable retro and modern backlog of inert francises is Sega, so its not like anyone else could use this angle, heck they could partner with Sega to use their unused IPs as well

So Fatal Frame is survival horror.....alright Nintendo, you have my interest. I'm interested to hear how it will use the gamepad.

It's already been explained long ago. The 3DS can't emulate GBA games through the Virtual Console. The Ambassador games used a work around that spoofed them through GBA firmware mode, which is coded into the 3DS.

Where do you get the idea it can't? All your proof says is that it doesn't. Why would they waste time creating an emulator for something that they're only doing for free when they have an easy workaround?

Edit: Woops. Super late.

The fourth game and the remake of two never came out here. But I have hope Nintendo brings this one out here, since it's looking to be a reboot, what with the movie and comic and all and since Nintendo saw what happened with Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Last Story, they might be willing to make it a downloadable title in the least.

The Fatal Frame IP still belongs to Tecmo-Koei as far as I know. Nintendo only holds the copyright to the ones they funded, which are the Fatal Frame 2 remake, Fatal Frame IV, Spirit Camera and presumably this new one. That said, I wouldn't expect the series anywhere else. They don't sell well.

Where do you get the idea it can't? All your proof says is that it doesn't. Why would they waste time creating an emulator for something that they're only doing for free when they have an easy workaround?

It's not powerful enough, apparently, to run a fully featured emulator like the Wii's Virtual Console. Bullshit excuse in my opinion, as I'm fairly sure most consumers would prefer a shallow emulator over absolutely nothing at all, but that's their excuse.

• Thumbs Up 2