Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

The Pro Controllers are the actual Wii U controllers. Wii Remotes are Wii controllers that work on the Wii U.

(I'm talking controllers that can be bought at retail)

Come on, Capcpom, don't stop there! Release a new Battle Network game! This is my favorite Mega Man series. Do it, Cacpon!

Also, for anyone planning on getting one of them, I believe Blue has an extra boss.

Come on, Capcpom, don't stop there! Release a new Battle Network game! This is my favorite Mega Man series. Do it, Cacpon!

Also, for anyone planning on getting one of them, I believe Blue has an extra boss.

Why? Didn't the battle network series concluded with 6? If they make the new one wouldn't ruin the plot and be like mega man X 6?

Just make it take place 25 years later and star Lan's son or something. Have a new terrorist organization and stuff.

Star Force takes place 200 years after Battle Network. NetNavis and such are completely gone and you can wave change instead, but not everyone can. I always loved that everyone had their own NetNavi, while I was pretty much alone in Star Force.  I mean Sonia was there, but I don't remember anyone else.

The battles have also changed from a side view with 3X3 field to move in to behind the back with one row to move left and right.

What I'm saying is that I want it to take place in the same time period as the Battle Network games and with gameplay more like it. I know they're similar, but I prefer Battle Network.

Cool beans that they're releasing these on the virtual console and while I do already have BN3, I'll get this one too so I can go through the story again (and 100% it), man I love the BN series. I hope they get around to doing the others too.

Aye, even though I could still play the originals if I wanted to, there are games I admire enough to double-dip on, in the hopes of getting more games like those made.

The Pro Controllers are the actual Wii U controllers. Wii Remotes are Wii controllers that work on the Wii U.

(I'm talking controllers that can be bought at retail)

Not seeing the logic there, since Wii controllers very much are controllers for the Wii U just as much as Pro controllers. If not even more so considering the ratio of their usage on the system.

I'd consider them both proper Wii U controllers. Thought it might be worth noting though that the Wiimotes in Wii U packaging are probably just rebranded Wiimote + controllers from the Wii. Why fix what's not broken after all? They do seem to work very well.

The Wii U remotes do have modified backplates, so the resync button can be accessed without opening the thing up, but other than that yes, they are the Wii remotes +. 

>Battle Network 3 hitting e-shop

>e-shop will have DS games in the future

don't fucking do this to me, do not fucking do this to me.

Man, screw Wiimotes. 

*cough* Sorry that slipped (not), but I really can't find a good reason why Wiimotes should be the justified secondary controller to the Wii U whenever that should belong to the Pro Controller. We can't cry foul on brand confusion and yet turn around and act like Wiimotes being the main thing outside of the Gamepad is alright.. 

Besides, I think that's a big detractor for Nintendo's ability to work with other game companies too. Ninty doesn't push the Pro Controller enough whenever it literally should be the secondary controller since it's just a regular controller version of the Gamepad, but instead Nintendo would rather emphasize assymetrical gameplay and give us last gen's remotes (that all have, note, extremely different button layouts and controls) to go with it.

I just don't get why, though. Wiimotes should be an afterthought this gen, but instead the Pro Controller is. What gives?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wiimotes are $20 and Pro Controllers are $50.

That's probably got something to do with it.

But then last gen Wiimotes weren't so cheap, and this gen XB1 and PS4 controllers cost around the same price (if not more) than the Pro Controller, so there's not much to justify it. 

Not saying drop Wiimote usage altogether (especially for gimmicky games, or for the people who want in on games for cheap or with controllers they already had), but it's intrusion on the traditional controller setup this gen just seems a bit much.

Actually, to get a Wiimote and nunchuck new over here (Around €60) it costs more than a Dualshock 4.

It's insane, not to mention a rip-off.

I know we like to complain about Wii Remotes but ever since the adaptation of the Wii Motion Plus, the Wii Remote has been getting pretty useful. It's no longer "waggle!", it become more accurate and precision focused. Pikmin 3 for example is MILES better with the Wii Remote. Shooters are also more fun with a Wii Remote.

Most games that use the Gamepad don't support the Wii Remote but do support the Pro Controller. The Wii Remote can not replicate the whole button focused gameplay properly so support for that is out.

For what it's worth I wasn't arguing whether or not the Wii Remotes are good or not, I was arguing that they aren't Wii U controllers. They were made for the Wii and that makes them Wii Controllers to me. The DualShock 1 worked on the PS2 and on some PS2 games, but it was still a PS1 controller.

Oh, and Wii Remotes are $20? What the hell. We pay 40€. And another 20€ for the Nunchuk.

• Thumbs Up 2

For what it's worth I wasn't arguing whether or not the Wii Remotes are good or not, I was arguing that they aren't Wii U controllers. They were made for the Wii and that makes them Wii Controllers to me. The DualShock 1 worked on the PS2 and on some PS2 games, but it was still a PS1 controller.

Ohn, and Wii Remotes are 20$? What the hell. We pay 40€. And another 20E for the Nunchuk.

they are Currently 20 dollars refurbished from the nintendo shop with nunchuck, new they are 40 bucks and 20 bucks for a nunchuck

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder why nintendo charges so much for the nunchuk? I mean I know 20 dollars probably isn't that much money in the grand scheme of things but its literally just an accessory to the wii mote that is required for a couple of games. Same with the pro controller (minus the required thing), why the heck do these cost so much money?