Awoo.

Tomodachi Life [3DS] - "All Hail the Virtual Boy!", 6th June 2014

Doctor MK

Contains Shigsy x Peach shipping, and everyone wants a piece of Zero Suit Samus.

Anyone who doesn't watch the video (or reads the post before watching it) is going to think that's a joke or an exaggeration, but it isn't. And that's why I'm going to buy this game when I get a 3DS.

Seriously, this looks hilarious. I'm kind of a sucker for simulation games, but even with that in mind it looks unique and fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy it's coming to North America as well! I hope it's also getting a retail release in North America...

Happy it's coming to North America as well! I hope it's also getting a retail release in North America...

Fear not, it will be a retail and eShop release in both Europe and North America. Here's the NA version of the Direct to confirm it, which is ever so slightly different in content to accommodate for the different host:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

• Thumbs Up 3

Fear not, it will be a retail and eShop release in both Europe and North America. Here's the NA version of the Direct to confirm it, which is ever so slightly different in content to accommodate for the different host:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

I see! Thanks! Really excited to buy a retail copy of this game. smile.png

I lost it at "All Hail the Virtual Boy"

Forget Smash Bros.

Forget Mario Kart 8.

Forget Zelda U.

Forget Pokemon.

Forget Animal Crossing.

Forget Sonic Boom.

TOMODACHI LIFE WILL SAVE NINTENDO

I'm getting 50 copies

• Thumbs Up 7

NA box art:

Bk3NzRkCYAAEKpt.jpg

And for everyone who's thinking of not buying this glorious game... you might want to think again... or else Reggie will haunt your nightmares...

Bk2_g4oCMAAG_Yl.png

• Thumbs Up 7

For once, I prefer the American box art. The UK one just looks... Messy. Childish, I suppose?

• Thumbs Up 2

This was the strangest, wackiest Direct that I have ever watched.

Not sure if the game is for me, but I hope it perform well in sales.

This looks delightfully insane, something I'm really happy is getting a release over here. It just seems so Japanese, I love it.

...looks like another day one for me, should be a good summer...

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo of America confirms Christina Aguilera as a guest Mii

Even your far-fetched celebrity dreams can come true in Tomodachi Life. If you have ever wanted international superstar Christina Aguilera to join you in a sing-off, or believed that she would become BFFs with your cousin or wished she would perform a song with your customized lyrics, it could happen here. The multi award-winning singer has signed on to be a part of Nintendo’s promotional campaign for the game, and her Mii character will be available at launch. Aguilera’s Mii character also will guest star in a TV commercial and in online videos that show all the exciting things that happen when celebrities mingle with Miis players know personally. Additional celebrities involved with Tomodachi Life will be announced over the upcoming weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBTHSY5GKKY

Wait up, cornflakes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sat open-mouthed through the entire Direct.  That may just have been the most surreal things I've ever seen out of Nintendo, and hilariously absurd.  Tomodachi Life isn't really my sort of thing, but fair play to them, if anything could get me to buy it, this Direct would've been it.

"Oh look, I'm British now!"  Incredible.

Yep damn 10 minutes ago I didn't know this game existed.  10 minutes later I want it.  This is it, this is the game that all of my Miis I made of my characters and celebrities and friends, that have been gathering dust since the early "Wii" Series games, have been waiting for.

That trailer alone is going to make so many memes, the game is going to be an endless source of them.... too bad I dont have a 3DS, I think this is going to sell like hotcakes

I like the fact that these Mii's actually have full outfits. Can't they add this to REAL Mii's?

Seriously, though, ANOTHER Direct? Nintendo had better keep pulling off more Directs to promote their games. At this rate I could see them doing several game-centered Directs in the lead-up to E3. A Direct for X, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 (we probably will get one considering the fact that the game is out next month), and perhaps others would be very helpful to get people hyped for Nintendo games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like Alice having gone down the rabbit hole to Nintendo's version of Wonderland where Iwata is the Queen of Hearts. 

Like Alice though, I'll be leaving. As neat as it looks for its absurdity, this sort of real life simulation isn't my kind of game. It's why I'm not interested in Animal Crossing as a franchise as well.

To those who have suggested a SSMB edition of Tomodachi Life... we could actually make it happen!

If, closer to the game's release, everyone wanting to be a part of the fun shares the QR codes for their respective Mii characters, we can all then download those into our Mii Makers and transfer them into the game when it arrives. And then voila! Tomodachi Life: Starring SSMB!

Just an idea, anyway. There's lots of potential for hilarity! :P

• Thumbs Up 6

To those who have suggested a SSMB edition of Tomodachi Life... we could actually make it happen!

If, closer to the game's release, everyone wanting to be a part of the fun shares the QR codes for their respective Mii characters, we can all then download those into our Mii Makers and transfer them into the game when it arrives. And then voila! Tomodachi Life: Starring SSMB!

Just an idea, anyway. There's lots of potential for hilarity! :P

I'll be down for it, if I actually get this game. But Mario kart 8 is in the way

Here's a pretty big picture gallery showing off artwork, screens, etc: http://imgur.com/a/uPYS4

In particular it shows off some of the costumes that your Mii will be able to wear... including a hot dog!

pCygma5.jpg

Though of course, this is the image you all wanted to see:

AvopPku.jpg

Now that's a body that's ready.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hold on. So the one hundred Mii's that I made actually have a purpose?

Can the game really hold that many Mii's on just that one island?