Awoo.

Tomodachi Life [3DS] - "All Hail the Virtual Boy!", 6th June 2014

Doctor MK

If any of you guys want to give out that code when the game comes out, I'll gladly take one of them! 

*pleading*

• Thumbs Up 2

If any of you guys want to give out that code when the game comes out, I'll gladly take one of them! 

*pleading*

Ditto, I could use a reason to play my 3DS again, sadly lack of money is stopping me!

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah, the game's out today - anyone (besides Autosaver) picked it up? Any impressions, is it worth getting, etc? Despite my initial excitement and hype after the Tomodachi Life Direct reveal, I must admit I've become less interested - blame Mario Kart and its addictive nature for that! - but I'd still like to give it a try later on down the line when I feel like giving my 3DS some love instead. Assuming it's good, of course!

The reviews have come out too, they seem to range from "fun, quirky and hilarious" to "is this even technically a game?!" (current Metacritic score is 71)

Here's GameXplain's video review too, for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-543WbDP10M

If you like games like the Sims, it's a good idea to look into. It's, of course, far more crazy than the Sims with things like your Miis holding Rap Battles in the park everyday at 6 PM, dreaming about being seaweed, and the compatibility test feature which shows both characters in decidedly non-Mii like proportions but still with their giant Mii heads.

• Thumbs Up 2

1510745_952792304732151_6243871252976758

Since you need Miis to enjoy this game, take this with you. It's totally not Mii!

Edit: Updated - Now contains coat and shirt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, did Nintendo release this game at the worst time? When this game was shown, so many people were excited about it. This game was released and I was asked how I had a copy. This was supposed to be a major release yet it seems to be overshadowed over the constant talk with Mario Kart 8. I'm also sure a lot of people don't want to spend money after putting down $300 for a console.

Maybe people will continue to pick it up in the next coming weeks. It's a really weird game and something that stands out from the rest of the crowd.

Well, I had looked at it numerous times. And I was thinking to buy it.

I'm all up games like Harvest Moon, Sims, and Animal Crossing - so if anyone can try and convince me...

Miis can't just make contact with other Tomodachi users willy nilly, right? Because otherwise, the game might need stronger filters...

I've played the game for about 5 hours (according to my activity log) and it is so much fun! The interactions from the Mii's are very funny at points. My 'look-alike' dated Rosalina for about half a day and then they broke up, when visiting Rosalina's apartment I was able to click a thought bubble of my Mii's head which then showed a montage of my Mii and Rosalina running across the beach. Also, sometimes the Mii's say things like 'how is the weather in your world?' and 'how is the real world version of me'?

Also, it is really funny seeing Mr. Bean in a hamster costume.

I finally got to start it yesterday - briefly.  We've been doing ridiculous hours at work (I did 12.5 hours OT last week, and we've worked about 8 of 10 Saturdays this year!).  And my old dog's got nasty ulcers on his feet, meaning most of the time I am home I'm either changing bandages or trying to convince him to take pills.  But yesterday I got a few hours to catch up on the Sims 3 news and try Tomodachi Life.  This is a very strange game; I can't wait to get some time to actually play with it!

So I was visiting Princess Daisy, and...

wRk74dC.jpg

Another friendly reminder that the Year of Luigi truly is over.

• Thumbs Up 3

I got this game on Tuesday, and I have a ton of questions.

1. Has anyone made a nice looking Mii of Sonic or any other Sonic characters? I already found a QR code page that had Amy and Rouge up, but no Sonic. :c Anyone willing to show off ones they've made and/or share the code? Nevermind, found this: http://www.miicharacters.com/index.php?t=tomodachi+life

2. I keep failing the proposal mini-game. I take it I'm hitting the heart button too quickly. Any tricks/tips to getting this done correctly? I've already messed up three times (once as the mii my Mii is dating, and twice as my own Mii)

3. Anyone have a friends code they want to share? Mine is 2251-6153-9757

I've been tossing around the idea of getting this game, but I don't really have the money to hash out for it at the moment, so I'm only going to get it if I know I'm really going to like it. Does anyone have a US demo code they'd be willing to share with me through DM? I read somewhere that buying gives you 2 free demo codes or something like that. Just thought I'd give it a shot!

We just launched Tomodachi Life. The Tomodachi Life numbers were significantly stronger than we had forecasted and planned. That's because it's a vibrant platform. -Reggie Fils Amie 

http://kotaku.com/shigeru-miyamoto-weve-had-tough-time-before-1593390078

In spite of the controversy, this game managed to sell well for Nintendo. 

153yc5z.jpg

I love this game.

(It technically isn't mine, I'm just using my sister's game)

So I got home earlier today to find an e-mail from Nintendo UK waiting for me in my inbox... and within it, a free download code for the Welcome Version demo!

No idea why I got the code, it came completely out of the blue. The message said I'd been "selected", so either it was done at random, or my many years of being a rabid Nintendo fanboy are finally starting to pay off :P

Anyway, I've given the demo a whirl now - which only lasts about half an hour or so at best. As expected, the game is suitably bonkers - and surprisingly detailed at points. When you're entering the details for your Mii like name, nickname, birthday, favourite colour, etc... your Mii then repeats it all back to you out loud as you carry on the rest of the customisation process. That's a whole new level of awesome/creepy. And I'm quite impressed by how well it manages to pronounce words that aren't quite real or a little bit difficult - it's not failed me so far!

Most of the cool stuff is locked away for the full version (understandably), but I've enjoyed my very brief time with the game so far and am definitely tempted now to indulge in a retail copy. And I got me a kickass panda suit for playing the demo version too! Now all I need is to import my Jack Black Mii into the full game, give him the suit, and voila! I have Kung-Fu Panda! :P

But yeah, seriously. If you're on the fence and you get a chance to try the demo, do so. It might just impress you enough to warrant a buy.

So I got home earlier today to find an e-mail from Nintendo UK waiting for me in my inbox... and within it, a free download code for the Welcome Version demo!

No idea why I got the code, it came completely out of the blue. The message said I'd been "selected", so either it was done at random, or my many years of being a rabid Nintendo fanboy are finally starting to pay off :P

Anyway, I've given the demo a whirl now - which only lasts about half an hour or so at best. As expected, the game is suitably bonkers - and surprisingly detailed at points. When you're entering the details for your Mii like name, nickname, birthday, favourite colour, etc... your Mii then repeats it all back to you out loud as you carry on the rest of the customisation process. That's a whole new level of awesome/creepy. And I'm quite impressed by how well it manages to pronounce words that aren't quite real or a little bit difficult - it's not failed me so far!

Most of the cool stuff is locked away for the full version (understandably), but I've enjoyed my very brief time with the game so far and am definitely tempted now to indulge in a retail copy. And I got me a kickass panda suit for playing the demo version too! Now all I need is to import my Jack Black Mii into the full game, give him the suit, and voila! I have Kung-Fu Panda! :P

But yeah, seriously. If you're on the fence and you get a chance to try the demo, do so. It might just impress you enough to warrant a buy.

There still giving out download codes!?!? And I haven't received it yet? Lol they been giving it out a few weeks before the game came out.