Awoo.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Klinsy

http://youtu.be/cgQ_c8ybYK4

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is a fighting game developed by CyberConnect2 based on, of course, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

As with most fighting games, the goal is to get rid of your opponent's stamina or have more of it than them when the time runs out.

A notable feature of this game is it's various battle styles, such as the Stands, Vampirism or Mounted, there is 6 battle styles in all.

There is also various gimmicks for the stages present in the game which one has to be careful and avoid, such as getting hit by a car.

There is a story mode, which recreates the events of the manga and where you can unlock characters that are not playable by default, a campaign mode where you can fight computer controlled characters customized by other players who have the game  and have boss fights to earn rewards, a versus mode for both offline and online and a arcade mode which is not present in the Japanese version where you can just fight 8 computer controlled characters.

Opposed to the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game by Capcom which was based on specifically Part 3, this game is based on the entire series and each of the 8 parts have at least one character in the game, there is 32 characters on the disk and 9 downloadable characters making there be 41 playable characters in all.

The game pays close attention to the manga and if you're a fan of it like I am, there is plenty of neat details to pick up such as poses and lines from it.

Due to being a fan of the manga and the Capcom fighting game as well hearing many good things about this game, I am really looking forward to this,  the game has already been released in Japan and is due to be released in Australasia and Europe on April 25th and North America on April 29th.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm so hype for this game, I've been playing the demo a good bit since it came out. Something tells me that the Hamon users are going to be really powerful, but harder to use as opposed to the stand users. Either way, I'm looking forward to playing as Giorno and a few of the other characters. Makes me glad that it's a love letter from Araki to his fans as well as a good fighting game.

The presentation in this game is amazing. I have a friend who imported the Japanese version and I can't get over how good the stages/characters look. IT's some ridiculously faithful shit, and it's amazing to see some of the locations from the manga in 3-D and in Araki-style vivid, bizarre colouration.

and the super moves- holy shit are they awesome. The best ones are the ones that re-enact climatic moments from the manga, so basically all of them but the Steel Ball Run character's finishers have a special place in my heart. So rad.

I also am super surprised this is getting a localisation. Apparently there have been some weird name changes, even weirder than the ones from the Capcom game, but the fact it's coming out at all is a miracle. I feel like buying it on principle. 

Just played the demo and im somewhat confused on the mechanics for this, I could only really get one kind of combo off (the ora-ora-ora one). Little help please?

Combos you say? Try some of these! 

It's been awhile since I've played this but from memory most characters can do some easy light -> medium -> heavy combos (you'll notice a whole bunch of these mixed in that video with harder stuff) and the L,M,H combo chains can usually be extended by doing a special move then a super move (HHA? i think they're called in game.)

Anything more complex than that takes a lot of work. Or at least more time than I had to learn the game one afternoon at someone's PS3