Awoo.

Boy Howdie, Sega's SuperStar kids sure was a thing!

Badnik Mechanic

Ok so SegaBits just put up a rather interesting article about some old promotions Sega ran for the Game Gear and various other consoles/systems.

And everything was going really well until this scary monster showed up.

GameGearMemoriesDesert2-600x397.jpg

It looks like everybody was having a lovely day... and then Sonic turned up and the kids screamed in terror?

The full article is on SegaBits so go read it there. It's quite interesting if only for... that Sonic.

Also there's a video of the event too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atn1HM9Pric

Edit: Actually it's quite an old article... only for some reason it's showing up recently on my twitter feed for some reason?

It's like there's a mirror off-camera or something. How else could they see him coming when they're facing the wrong way? xD

Jeezus it reminds me of one of those cake toppers made out of icing.

I thought this was going to be a cancelled Superstars game or something, innocently clicked the link only to come face to face with that.....thing...damn you Hogfather...

Sonic is a Pikmin! 4th Nintendo exclusive confirmed.

Hahaha! XD

Seriously, this is some creepy shit. Wonder what other monstrosities SEGA did on an official level back in the day?

Reminds me of an obese fish. It's the eyes and how they're all googly looking. Also... Is he wearing blue shorts? What? I must be seeing that wrong. Lol.

Eh, I've seen worse official stuff to be honest.

UglyCostume.jpg

FluffyAirSuit.jpg

You Mean like these?

Once you see them, you can't unsee them

Oh god. What the actual hell.

Did they tape a SHIRT on that fat one? Jesus Christ, they did. Someone kill them. Put them out of their misery. Also, why is there white stuff all over the fat one's muzzle? Looks like one of those inflatable suits.