Awoo.

Unconfirmed: Sonic to get a new Sidekick, to be created by fans

Badnik Mechanic

What if hundreds of people end of voting for Sonic's new sidekick to be a sentient bag of yogurt?

Obviously they'd filter out any entries that were too crude, too ridiculous, or too low-quality. There's no reason they'd be forced to bow down completely to fan input.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if its just me but, has this topic come up before, I know i've read these comments somewhere before, ah well.

Anyway why are people making such a big deal out of this? Isn't it a good thing to have a chance to get your character into a game series you like and like others have said there is no way they would replace tails sooo, what the heck guys?

• Thumbs Up 1

This scared the daylights out of me when I was reading the title, but worst case scenario this looks like little more than a community project that has a reward in getting a cameo in a game down the line.

Its probably just the next game in line for Sonic's successful mobile ventures. Create your character, play the game (with plenty of opportunities for micro-transactions that boost your high scores and presumably your chance of winning the grand prize) and Sega watches the money roll in.

brilliantly diabolical business plan if I do say so myself.

I'd totally do this if it was Eggman's new sidekick. Sonic? MEH. He has too many already.

I'd actually find this amusing if the campaign was to build a bunch of hype and all that, then they go "Psych! It's totally Tails playable in the next main Sonic game" or something. And a bunch of fan submitted characters were put in a hub-world where you can talk to them called Fanland or something.

But given Boom, Tails being playable wouldn't be a big deal.

Though, it's looking like a scrapped idea, so whatevs.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is perhaps the most rage-poking title I've ever read on a forum. :lol:

Seriously, I was almost in shock until I came in and thought "Okay, this is too stupid even for Sega to be serious about."

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing wrong with a new character to be added to the clusterfuck of unused.and unloved characters that we already have in the Sonic-verse. To be used for one game and then tossed aside most likely.

To be created by fans....Seriously? I'm betting on a mobile game. A fan created character that has his/her own personality and can talk/has a VA seems unlikely. 

To be used for one game and then tossed aside most likely

Lotso0009.png

I know I'm sorry but I couldn't resist

• Thumbs Up 1

What was wrong with Tails? Everyone loves Tails.

If something's not broken, don't try to fix it, SEGA.

maxresdefault.jpg

Original.

If someone posted this then sorry, just I'm not scrolling through 5 pages to double check. :P

It seems likely that this is an old idea that was passed on and which the designer's non-disclosure agreement only just allows him to release material from.  With that said, I hope it's real and will happen, because the fandom rage already is delightful, and I hope beyond hope that it would be possible to corrupt the competition so that the winner is the most horrendous creation possible with their limited character builder.

On which note, Terrifying the Monkey was probably a placeholder, since it doesn't fit in with the Sonic style at all.  I imagine all the component parts on the character builder would, in fact, have been very carefully created by Sega so that the winning entry would be something both appropriate and, to a certain extent, predictable.  In the event, the race itself would probably determine little but the name.  That might be part of the reason they passed on it, if so - too much expense for too little significance.  I suspect the sidekick wouldn't even be as significant as Chip, although they'd probably be more important than a random NPC.

I wonder what game they were considering this for, though?  The idea's not compatible with Generations in the slightest... maybe Boom?

Man I'm kinda wishing this WERE happening now if only to reproduce the Sonic's Schoolhouse cast and keep hearing people complain "but tails".

Everything points out to being another Sonic Extreme, though.

Hmm. It seems like Sega's character design ability isn't good if this rumor is true.

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I'm nit sure what to mark of this.

If it IS old I can imagine this maybe being something to do with Boom? Considering it is a new spinoff series in a new Canon a new sidekick for the game could be passed off. Although the fact that they didn't probably was to avoid too much backlash for the new direction.

If it's still possible then it certainly is a good idea to get attention. If imagine they would probably redesign the character anyway to fit more with the existing characters.

No way in hell is this for the next major Sonic game. First of all, those characters look creepy as fuck and totally NOT Sonic designed.

Second, this must be for a mobile game, must be. Because if it IS for a major title then SEGA must be really desperate right now. Lulz

And finally, this means we are one step closer to seeing Michaeldragonhuahauahau's character in game!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Run The Streets thing sounds cool though! Can't wait to run through London as a monkey.

I thought SEGA acknowledged the fact that Sonic has a huge supporting cast and doesn't need anyone else (not allies, at least, I wouldn't mind more enemies like the D6). Why did they do this? They change their mind very quickly.

Well judging by that character creator, which creates things that looks more in-line with the Care Bear universe more so than Sonic's, I'm going to go ahead and say this is going to be a disaster.

EDIT: Oh there's tattoos too? I'm totally making Funshine bear.

funshine.gif

A... new character... to be designed... by the fans?

Mommy, I'm scared.

*clutches Sonic plushie*