Awoo.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS) "Did anyone even buy the first game...?"

Cola

You know, 80s Pacman isn't the only one that exists. Never forget these awesome titles.

Pac-Man_World.jpg 

Pac-Man_World_2_Coverart.png

It's getting a sequel despite it not selling well? Hey if konami can still make DDR why not. This game looks surprisingly better than the first one. The first one looked so plain simple and bare bones this one looks like they're expanding on what they established so I might pick this game up. I am disappointed that the first game didnt sell that well considering the show is Disney XD's most popular program(I don't like it though).

The original game didn't look like the most expensive thing to invest one for sure, and the sequel seems to be running on a similar engine, so it must've cost little to do this.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's getting a sequel despite it not selling well? Hey if konami can still make DDR why not. This game looks surprisingly better than the first one. The first one looked so plain simple and bare bones this one looks like they're expanding on what they established so I might pick this game up. I am disappointed that the first game didnt sell that well considering the show is Disney XD's most popular program(I don't like it though).

Yeah, it did seem like it would sell well with the show being SUPER popular on Disney XD.

Yeah, I'll just stick to the 80's version of Pac Man if that's ok with everybody.

(Don't tell me you got that from Sonic)

You know, 80s Pacman isn't the only one that exists. Never forget these awesome titles.

Pac-Man_World.jpg

Pac-Man_World_2_Coverart.png

The original game didn't look like the most expensive thing to invest one for sure, and the sequel seems to be running on a similar engine, so it must've cost little to do this.

These were how Pac-Man sucessfully leaped to 3D dimensions (And I probably am sure that you didn't add World 3 because of how it was the worst of the trilogy) The developers of Ghostly Adventures probably did take a bit from the World Games, but they totally didn't do what the World games did to become a spiritual successor: Great level design and great challenge.

Yeah, I'll just stick to the 80's version of Pac Man if that's ok with everybody.

footer_pacman.gif

You mean this guy? Or the floating cheese? :v 

It's weird how people forget Pac-Man's always had this design since the first game. I get that his face he's had in media for ages is the floating cheese but that's the same with Brooklyn Mario and Mohawk Sonic to me. :v

footer_pacman.gif

You mean this guy? Or the floating cheese? :v 

It's weird how people forget Pac-Man's always had this design since the first game. I get that his face he's had in media for ages is the floating cheese but that's the same with Brooklyn Mario and Mohawk Sonic to me. :v

He probably meant with both.

They pretty much are the same thing.

Pac-Man World 2 rehashed a lot from Sonic Adventure 2 actually (you had a light dash for dots, a bounce attack, AND a Spin Dash). And yeah, it was actually a lot of fun, and came with the original arcade games!

So from where the gameplay stands it could be fun. Certainly looks like there's much more to do in this game than the last. I pray for whoever can make it through the game's narrative though.. Ghostly Adventures' writing is atrocious.

That my friend is where you are wrong, the original pac man world had all of those things way before sonic adventure 2 did (and they play nothing alike), sorry if you just haven't played it yet, I just had to point it out.

It's so sad... Next to Mario and Sonic themselves, Pac-Man is my favorite video game franchise.

When I saw the teaser for this show back in 2010, I thought I might actually like it... But then I saw the first few episodes: Bad voice acting, crude humor, pop-culture references with absolutely no subtlety or wit, and next-to-no resemblance to the Pac-Man series besides the first arcade game. (Where's Ms. Pac?!)

I knew the moment I saw the trailer for the first game that it was a cheap cash-in, and I never had any intention of playing it. I've never had that kind of first impression of a game from a franchise I loved- and this is a guy who is STILL gullible enough to try out every new "Mario and Sonic Olympics" title!

And this sequel doesn't look any better! (0:19) GEE, I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE!

It honestly hurts to see this: The oldest superstar in video game history reduced to a cash cow. Say what you will about Sonic Lost World; you can at least tell that there was effort put into that.

...is it just me or did they say "freedom fighters" in the beginning of that trailer?

I watched a few episodes of the show. I didn't outright hate it, but I didn't find it to be anything special, either.

As for the first game...put me on the large list of people who never played it, expecting it to be yet another bad licensed game. If these comments are anything to go by, I may not have been very far off.

I don't mind this version's voice acting, but if Pac-Man appears in the next Smash Bros., I'd rather he be voiceless if not have a different voice actor.

I too haven't seen the show, aside from a few preview clips, but man... hearing that dialogue in the game's trailer reminded me of the dialogue written in the show. It just made me... urgh.

... Well, after watching that trailer, I think this looks somewhat interesting enough. I doubt it'll beat Pacman World 2 in my eyes, but it certainly looks more lively than its prequel. I could do without the Naruto-ish voice that Pacman himself has, though.

I honestly don't see this looking any better than the original, which was seemingly just trying to be as generic and dull as a 3D platformer possibly could be. The characters have the most intolerable voices and dialogue too. Definitely going to be avoiding this.

It is very soon for them to announce a sequel though. I'd guess that it's a result of planning ahead of the originals release.

That my friend is where you are wrong, the original pac man world had all of those things way before sonic adventure 2 did (and they play nothing alike), sorry if you just haven't played it yet, I just had to point it out.

Sonic Adventure came out before Pac-Man World and had much of the same elements from Sonic Adventure 2. Now it is true Pac-Man World doesn't play much like the Adventure games as they revolve more around speed compared to Pac-Man, but... Pac-Man's moves are largely just slower versions of Sonic's moves.

Now, I haven't played Pac-Man World, but I have played World 2 and I did like it. But it doesn't change the fact that Pac-Man basically does have a variety of moves other video game characters received during Pac-Man's down time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the first two episodes of this show a while ago.  It was like Namco decided to give Pac-Man Sonic's personality 15 years after Sonic's personality stopped being marketable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that really Pac-Man's voice? Eww... sounds more like Pac-Boy if anything. I dread to think how annoying his voice clips would be if he does end up in the new Smash Bros games with this current design.

I think the show states that the current Pac-Man is the son of the original Pac-Man, hence his voice.

Wait, what? Is this what they call Power Pellets now? For what purpose?

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the berries that you collect at various points in the original Pac-Man games.  Why they're suddenly "power" berries and not score multipliers is beyond me.

Anyway, I haven't played the first game, but it really doesn't look that bad to me.  I still want to play it and probably wouldn't mind playing this one, either, and I really don't see the "soullessness" that people are referring to.

I think the show states that the current Pac-Man is the son of the original Pac-Man, hence his voice.

Really? That's... umm... stupid. Though I suppose Donkey Kong kinda pulled that same trick too with the whole DK/Cranky confusion, so it's not unheard of.

Really? That's... umm... stupid. Though I suppose Donkey Kong kinda pulled that same trick too with the whole DK/Cranky confusion, so it's not unheard of.

To be fair, since the earliest games there was Pac-Man Jr. But yeah that's really stupid, they should just flat out call him Pac-Man Jr. instead.

Sonic Adventure came out before Pac-Man World and had much of the same elements from Sonic Adventure 2. Now it is true Pac-Man World doesn't play much like the Adventure games as they revolve more around speed compared to Pac-Man, but... Pac-Man's moves are largely just slower versions of Sonic's moves.

Now, I haven't played Pac-Man World, but I have played World 2 and I did like it. But it doesn't change the fact that Pac-Man basically does have a variety of moves other video game characters received during Pac-Man's down time.

Ah, okay then. I wasn't thinking about SA 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys do know the or at least a common writer on the show right? It's someone you know.

Ken Pontac

You guys do know the or at least a common writer on the show right? It's someone you know.

Ken Pontac

Oh, hey, just what we need: MORE snark fuel for their dissenters!

• Thumbs Up 7

Yep, you can bet that this is going to be used a lot as something against him in the future.

Though to be honest, from what I watched of it the show really isn't that bad, its okay at least.

Yep, you can bet that this is going to be used a lot as something against him in the future.

I did a bit of research and there's like 8 or 9 people writing for the show not just him. But yeah, people who doesn't like him are going to use this against him when it's more like a group effort. 

• Thumbs Up 1

People need to check individual episodes before immediately blaming a writer in these cases. How does his writing fare against other episodes? Did he have a co writer? You've gotta ask these questions before jumping the gun because no one writer is to blame for the faults of these shows. And hey, maybe he was a co writer to another. 

I did a bit of research and there's like 8 or 9 people writing for the show not just him. 

Ah, okay (I actually like Ken by the way).

As much as this may annoy the people who really like Pontac and Warren (and truth be told I think he could still be good), but I can definitely see the resemblance to current Sonic games' writing compared to episodes of Ghostly Adventures. Script, emphasis for the line deliverance, plot progression, tone, everything.

Yeah, he's one of many writers for the show, but they seem to all be on the same wavelength.

• Thumbs Up 3