Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

I like how they seem to be releasing info slowly through E3. Seems to be a strange approach which seems interesting.

Treehouse just announced Fantasy Life for the west and Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton for the U.S., by the way.

And you get to be a jerk to others. Sounds like every early Mario Party game. But now with Bowser. Neat.

I'm surprised they didn't call it Bowser Party. I mean,  they made that Toad game in a tongue-in-cheek effort to avoid the "stop with the Mario games" thing, haha

Nice announced games but...there wasn't a game that made me jump with joy...

But Yoshi's Woolly World and Captain Toad were interesting though, definitely something for me to keep an eye on. More gameplay on Captain Toad pleasssse.

Solid 7/10 presentation. Best conference of the show in a rather lukewarm E3 overall. They didn't miss a single beat with this conference and finally vindicated the different approach this time around. Every game looked on point. Splatoon looked fucking incredible and it's great to see new ideas from Nintendo.

The only thing shooting down my impression is all of these being 2015 titles. But that seems to be the case with all the games shown so far, so I'm giving the edge to Nintendo.

That was absolutely amazing. Definitely a bunch of games shown here that I'll have to get. Not to mention that presentation! With the Robot Chicken animations and the return of Kid Icarus anime scenes (seriously, just make an entire anime for this series already!), it definitely goes ahead of the competition in that regard. It was also nice to see they got the original voice actors back for the Kid Icarus characters as well (Dark is definitely going to be one of my mains).

Though, I'm still a bit worried about the Wii U in general. A lot of the games shown here aren't coming out till 2015 at the earliest. Am I wrong for doubting the Wii U of lasting that much longer in the public's eyes?

So overall, great showing! Definitely one of the best if i were to rank the shows. Good to see my Wii U will have more than Smash going into next year. Though, even with all that glitter, Nintendo still failed to do what was needed. 11 years later and still no sign of a sequel to Kirby Air Ride!

Worst E3 ever, 0/10, Animal Crossing/ Kid Icarus Uprising, Wii U is killed to death, EA wins

*joking, of course*

Splatoon looks absolutely incredible. Shame I don't have any friends to play it with but oh well

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the whole presentation was really exciting, but I'm just not a main console sort of person, so that's that.  I hope they'll announce something for the 3DS in the coming days, because that presentation seriously had nothing.

That stream sucked.

Boy I'm so glad I woke up at 8AM to listen to developers being talked over by translators and a bunch of shitty Robot Chicken sketches. Why didn't they do what they usually do?

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a great show from Nintendo! I think both Microsoft and Nintendo are tied for best conference this year, though there are certainly more games on the Wii U and 3DS that I'm interested in compared to Xbox One. And I loved the Robot Chicken skits!

However, I'm a tad disappointed that SSB4 3DS isn't coming out till October. That's hella late, but I can always occupy myself with other games in the meantime, I guess.

Bayonetta: 11/10

No Metroido: 0/10

Nintendo conference average: 5.5/10.

October WiiU purchase: still on track.

edit: they gotta do the same thing with X and include the original xenoblade so I can play it with a proper controller

I'm with Carbo, the new approach was definitely vindicated. The whole thing was great, while the explanations did drag on a bit and there was only so many titles shown, what was shown was absolutely amazing.

Oh, and there's trailers on Nintendo's youtube channel. Including stuff for Hyrule Warriors. OH HEY GANON'S BACK.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was okay. Worst of the big three, in my opinion. I'd say a 6-7/10 as opposed to MS and Sony's 8-8.5/10. I think MS and Sony in particular were extremely close this year, with each conference excelling and failing at different things. Nintendo's just didn't have enough cool stuff to show and didn't have very good pacing, either.

Super Smash Bros

Yoshi's Woolly World - gameplay
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - announcement with gameplay trailer
Zelda - new trailer/footage

Hyrule Warriors - gameplay
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Bayonetta 2 - gameplay trailer, and announcement of Bayonetta included
Xenoblade Chronicles X - trailer
Mario Maker - announcement with gameplay trailer
Splatoon - announcement with gameplay trailer

Way too much time given to Yarn Yoshi and Splatoon, and not enough for Zelda U and Xenoblade. My expectations for Zelda U in particular were not even close to reached by the showing - it's nice to finally see the art style, but no gameplay and no trailer? Really?

The pacing was better than Sony's, but it was also over an hour shorter and had a lot less to show. 

I think it's good that the weakest of the three was still adequate, at least. None of them were flat out bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

That stream sucked.

Boy I'm so glad I woke up at 8AM to listen to developers being talked over by translators and a bunch of shitty Robot Chicken sketches. Why didn't they do what they usually do?

I dont understand the complaints here, is that kinda what they did? The sketches probably dont even go over like 2 minutes combined :/

Welll considering I've already played Bayonetta, and I have no intentions to replay that game again I don't really care. I just want my Bayonetta 2.

I'm shocked that the digital event didn't even last an hour. Could have shown 3DS titles at least.

At least most of the stuff shown here was gameplay footage and not just CGI, bar one or two games...

I'm shocked that the digital event didn't even last an hour. Could have shown 3DS titles at least.

Exactly the same length as last year, and I think this blew last year's Direct out of the water. Also, there will be more gameplay demos and reveals in Nintendo Treehouse, which is on later today.

I can't be the only one who is super happy that Bayonetta 1 is included on disc with Bayonetta 2, including wacky Nintendo costumes.

I didn't even notice at first that Bayonetta 1 is included! That's day one instance buy for me! Well, that and the Nintendo costumes, heh. XP

I have no intentions to replay that game again

burn the heretic

I can't be the only one who is super happy that Bayonetta 1 is included on disc with Bayonetta 2, including wacky Nintendo costumes.

Why wouldn't people be excited about having the best character action game of last generation for free. It might even be locked 60fps.

That Samus costume made me empathize with Conker fans tho....

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont understand the complaints here, is that kinda what they did? The sketches probably dont even go over like 2 minutes combined :/

No, not really. They padded this shit out with bullshit like developer commentary and Robot Chicken sketches that didn't even come close to being as funny as the actual show.

Normally it's all trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers trailers with a tiny intermission between each one. This was basically 2 games no one gives a shit about plus slight nods to the ones people do give a shit about. 

At the very least Slatoon looks like fun and we got some Smash info that we were all anticipating for months, but other than that it was extremely mediocre.