Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

Splatoon is looking pretty damn incredible ohmy.png

Really hoping this turns out to be a big hit for Nintendo, it'd be nice to have a popular multiplayer shooter in the market that has a different colour palette to brown and grey

• Thumbs Up 3

Splatoon is looking pretty damn incredible ohmy.png

Really hoping this turns out to be a big hit for Nintendo, it'd be nice to have a popular multiplayer shooter in the market that has a different colour palette to brown and grey

Well Killzone Shadow Fall was pretty colourful at times but yeah.

I want to pay attention to what they're talking about but I'm too busy watching the people playing Smash Bros in the background :<

Splatoon looks amazing and I hope it sells well and becomes a popular IP for Nintendo. It's so different compared to other online TPS games on the market! Bright colours and squids, come onnn!

The robot game looks funny and I like the customization of robots, but it's nothing special. Mind you this is an early demo of the game so it could be different once the game is actually released.

The camera game looks way more interesting and fun. ^^ I want it!

Just caught up on the Digital Event and by the end, I'm afraid it was a meh from me. Bayonetta 2, Yoshi and Smash Bros. were all great, but the rest didn't impress me. Did not want another cel shaded Zelda game for the series' proper HD debut, especially after that beautiful tech demo. Finding out about Star Fox Wii U afterward totally made up for it, though. Really excited to see and hear more about that. Soooooo happy!

In terms of games I think Microsoft had the upper hand in terms of variety, but the Robot Chicken sections and the Iwata vs. Reggie fight I think gave Nintendo's conference the upper hand. They were both related to games, unexpected surprises, and were pretty entertaining in their own right.

All of the games look pretty solid (especially the visually distinct Yoshi's Wooly Yarn -which after being announced had practically disappeared- and the claymation-styled Kirby and the Rainbow Curse), but the new IP Splatoon was a definitive standout for me. It looks like a lot of fun. And new Starfox game in development got me so hype.

I'd say it's a tie between MS and Nintendo but if I had to choose I'd say Nintendo won by a few hairs.

I have to say Nintendo really came out solid this E3. There were a lot of surprises and the presentation gets bonus points for the Robot Chicken references and the Iwata vs. Reggie fight. I really hope these games can help get the Wii U out of its slump because it still doing pretty badly in terms of sales.

I'm very confused..So is there a roundtable for Smash and Pokemon and when exactly is that, London Time?
And what's the unannounced 3DS IP they've been hyping so much about? huh? @.@

Nintendo just won E3 when I realized, we've been talking about them from the morning to the night. The fact that their information and events held our attention for so long is amazing. Their digital event seemed lackluster, but then they followed it with the treehouse, then the invitational, and this Q&A. It was like a rollercoaster of information, and while all the stuff from Sony and Microsoft look great, I am still feeling a sense of hype that has lasted from the beginning Nintendo revealed anything. 

• Thumbs Up 5

NINTENDO DOMINATED E3 THE END

Well it wasn't that difficult. Sony completely blew it and Microsoft had the usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

...No?

Sony did a good job, didn't introduce much new but they still shown the goods. No Man's Sky, Little Big Planet 3, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 were the titans that gave their show the push. Microsoft did much better than usual, spearheading with Halo extreme fanservice, purely game related content and Sunset Overdrive rocking the scene.

And of course, Nintendo (finally!) dropped the bombs.

They all did great, though it seems Nintendo surprisingly won.

• Thumbs Up 3

All three did pretty great this year.  

I was expecting Nintendo to do alright at the very least, but they pleasantly surprised me throughout the day! For just one example, I wasn't too pumped to see a teaser or whatever for the new Zelda, not because I thought it would be bad, but because I didn't really think it would "hype" me up or anything. Then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpZDaNbIVc

Less than a minute, and it's enough to make me really, really want to see more. Doubt we'll see anything about the game for a while, but oh well. I can wait....... ;_;

But yeah. Personal favourite E3 showing has been Nintendo for sure, but MS and Sony were great too. In fact, I'd say this 2015 is a good year for video games!!

• Thumbs Up 2

...No?

Sony did a good job, didn't introduce much new but they still shown the goods. No Man's Sky, Little Big Planet 3, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 were the titans that gave their show the push. Microsoft did much better than usual, spearheading with Halo extreme fanservice, purely game related content and Sunset Overdrive rocking the scene.

Microsoft's was surprisingly good. They actually focused on games, hardly mentioned Kinect and had some great exclusives with some good ones coming out next year (Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection).

Sony on the other hand started off strongly with their games, but then halfway through it became boring as hell and dragged on for far too long (more than 2 hours is insane!). They were doing a Microsoft! Talking about tv and media and shit we gamers don't really care about. And those games you mentioned; No Man's Sky, LBP3, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 are either multiplatform games or games which aren't coming out until 2015. Sony only has one exclusive coming out later this year, DriveClub. Not great.

And even though Nintendo one with all the events and great stuff happening yesterday, with more going on today as well, all three companies suffered from the same issue; most of the games announced aren't ready yet or are coming out in 2015. Let's just say next year is going to be the biggest year of video games yet.

Microsoft's was surprisingly good. They actually focused on games, hardly mentioned Kinect and had some great exclusives with some good ones coming out next year (Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection).

Sony on the other hand started off strongly with their games, but then halfway through it became boring as hell and dragged on for far too long (more than 2 hours is insane!). They were doing a Microsoft! Talking about tv and media and shit we gamers don't really care about. And those games you mentioned; No Man's Sky, LBP3, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 are either multiplatform games or games which aren't coming out until 2015. Sony only has one exclusive coming out later this year, DriveClub. Not great.

And even though Nintendo one with all the events and great stuff happening yesterday, with more going on today as well, all three companies suffered from the same issue; most of the games announced aren't ready yet or are coming out in 2015. Let's just say next year is going to be the biggest year of video games yet.

---wow. You are complaining about most Sony games are either multiplatform or coming out next year, but totally forgot that Microsoft is in the same boat.

Sunset Overdrive is the only exclusive coming out this year. Halo 1,3,4 can be played on Xbox 360 while Halo 2 on PC, it's just not bundled as The Master Chief Collection, Project Spark I can play on my Windows 8 PC, Forza Motorsport 5 owners will get Forza Horizon tracks...the rest of the games I didn't mention here will be also on PS4 or PC or a 2015 title. So tell me, apart from SO - what did Microsoft show that is awesome that is coming out this year?

And people are different. I actually wanted to have a listen of the future of PlayStation Network. This is a media briefing with journalists as the audience after all. It's great to hear about how PS Now is doing, and PS TV coming to the West.

Showing just "games, games, games" means crap all, if you are not interested in most of them which I felt almost through out the Microsoft conference.

---wow. You are complaining about most Sony games are either multiplatform or coming out next year, but totally forgot that Microsoft is in the same boat.

Sunset Overdrive is the only exclusive coming out this year. Halo 1,3,4 can be played on Xbox 360 while Halo 2 on PC, it's just not bundled as The Master Chief Collection, Project Spark I can play on my Windows 8 PC, Forza Motorsport 5 owners will get Forza Horizon tracks...the rest of the games I didn't mention here will be also on PS4 or PC or a 2015 title. So tell me, apart from SO - what did Microsoft show that is awesome that is coming out this year?

And people are different. I actually wanted to have a listen of the future of PlayStation Network. This is a media briefing with journalists as the audience after all. It's great to hear about how PS Now is doing, and PS TV coming to the West.

Showing just "games, games, games" means crap all, if you are not interested in most of them which I felt almost through out the Microsoft conference.

Argh you're right. I did forget that Microsoft have quite a lot of multiplatform and third party games as well.

But what I didn't know was that the Halo collection was coming to Xbox360 as well! The conference made it sound like it was exclusively Xbox One. O_O Same for Project Spark, I thought that was exclusive, my bad.

So let's just say Sony and Microsoft are on equal terms this year when it comes to exclusives on their next gen consoles, but as I said before they both share a similar problem; hardly any exclusives until next year and most of the games coming out this year are third party and/or multiplat.

Argh you're right. I did forget that Microsoft have quite a lot of multiplatform and third party games as well.

But what I didn't know was that the Halo collection was coming to Xbox360 as well! The conference made it sound like it was exclusively Xbox One. O_O Same for Project Spark, I thought that was exclusive, my bad.

So let's just say Sony and Microsoft are on equal terms this year when it comes to exclusives on their next gen consoles, but as I said before they both share a similar problem; hardly any exclusives until next year and most of the games coming out this year are third party and/or multiplat.

Wellll...actually, the Master Chief Collection is a XONE exclusive...what I'm saying is that the games INSIDE that collection (except Halo 2) can be played on your 360. And if you have a Windows 7 PC, it should be decent enough to play Halo 2. 

Also don't think this is all Sony has to show this year. There's still gamescom, and if you look at Sony's history they always announce new games there.

The fact that they don't even know how to pronounce his name properly doesn't fill me with faith for the game lol