Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

Hey, better they call him Starfox than Starwing tongue.png

Alternatively: "Fox? Isn't he that guy from Smash Bros?"

They were talking about Smash Bros and showing the Amiibo figures at the time tongue.png

Your link isn't working Shadzter. Just sayin'.

Anyways tis a simple mistake to make (even AVGN called him Starfox) but these are Nintendo staff!

Calling Fox "Star Fox" is like calling Mario "Super Mario".  I fail to see the issue.

Calling Fox "Star Fox" is like calling Mario "Super Mario".  I fail to see the issue.

Agreed, StarFox is a team name but also like an alias for Fox.

It's not really "wrong" to call him StarFox, and it's a good way to let people know exactly who you're talking about.

• Thumbs Up 4

He's been called Star Fox before, right? It's one of those cases where it's both his name and the name of his team, I think.

>Implying I was being serious about something petty like this.

Well, you do like your Star Fox :P

Seriously though, I guess there are some people out there who take issue with the naming thing, probably because it happens a lot with other Nintendo franchises - Link is commonly referred to as Zelda, and to many, Samus will forever be known as Metroid (and a dude).

It's probably just a kind of "ermahgerd do ur research first" response. Being pinpoint accurate with the names suggests extra credibility.

Ya never know man, ya never know XP

Ya never know man, ya never know XP

I guess this is the internet, after all tongue.png

Anyway, it doesn't look like much is going to happen in the stream until that 3DS game is shown in over 7 hours from now.

So I guess that they're just gonna show indie games today...I'm not saying that they're bad but I would like to see some footage of other 1st party Nintendo games.

Kinda wish they'd put out a schedule of what games they'll be talking about for each day so you can leave and come back when the game you want to hear about starts. It'd make it easier to sit through, instead of having to slough through two hours of talking about a tower defense game.

Fox is the name of the character. Starfox is the name of the game series. That's the issue. I'm aware that Fox has been referred to as this before but I always saw those instances as incorrect too. 

Also an issue when people call Mario "Super Mario". That would be incorrect too. 

Official real life apology from Bill

https://twitter.com/trintran/status/476788088673275906

Good thing that he acknowledged his mistake though, that's nice of him. 

But will the annoying motion controls be mandatory? That's what will make or break my feelings: Either relief or rage!

Fox is the name of the character. Starfox is the name of the game series. That's the issue. I'm aware that Fox has been referred to as this before but I always saw those instances as incorrect too. 

Also an issue when people call Mario "Super Mario". That would be incorrect too. 

Good thing that he acknowledged his mistake though, that's nice of him. 

Calling Mario "Super Mario" isn't really incorrect. I'm holding the New Super Mario Bros. DS instruction booklet and it refers to Mario's form after getting a Super Mushroom as Super Mario. And the Super Mario form is the form that Mario is in all of the spin offs and most 3D games.(And usually all the official artwork unless they are trying to show off the standard forms)

I think it's also a bit like "Doctor Who."  In-show he's called the Doctor, but there's a widespread convention of his being called "Doctor Who" even by production staff and the actor playing the character.  It helps to clarify.  "The Doctor" and "Fox" are not amazingly specific names.

I'd be glad. There's too much Zelda going on at once. One more title and we'd be milking Zelda as much as Nintendo usually does for Mario. 

Not like MM3D would be bad, in fact it'd be awesome. I'd just like to not see everyone get worn out on Zelda before the Wii U game even comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2