Awoo.

Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014

Carbo

I honestly think the 3ds doesnt deserve two remakes from Nintendo first party. Pokemon is enough for this year

Whatever they're announcing later, it's going to be the only 3DS game announced at E3, so it'd better be good.  The new 3DS Fossil Fighters, nice though it looks, may have only been announced for the west like five minutes ago but it was released in Japan back in February, so I'm hoping it's not just that.  Or Yokai Watch.  I guess I could live with it not being an actually new game if it was the Dragon Quest VII remake...  2am's a bit late for an announcement for me, though, so I'll find out tomorrow.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M., a steampunk action turn-based strategy game. Think a mix between Advance Wars and Valkyria Chronicles. Also the art style is like American comics.

Hmmm, one day of E3 left, and Nintendo's already shown a lot of good stuff, However, I think they have saved a couple of big surprises for last. One of their big initiaves this year was to keep news and games and excitement going the entire event since the digital event, and I don't think they are going to stop now. There have been a couple of titles they didn't put in the actual conference event due to time constraints, and to keep things going, so I think we might have one last big reveal left from them for this year, and I think that might be:

Pokken fighters

But, I guess we will just have to wait and see ;)

Code Name S.T.E.A.M., a steampunk action turn-based strategy game. Think a mix between Advance Wars and Valkyria Chronicles. Also the art style is like American comics.

They also inadvertently hinted that Advance Wars isn't dead. Though it is likely on hiatus. :P

They also inadvertently hinted that Advance Wars isn't dead. Though it is likely on hiatus. tongue.png

They also reported that FEXSMT is still on track in development 

Hmmm, one day of E3 left, and Nintendo's already shown a lot of good stuff, However, I think they have saved a couple of big surprises for last.

I hope you're right.  With two days of hindsight it's pretty clear that this has been a rubbish E3 for the 3DS.  But I'm prepared to give it a day before I accuse Nintendo of treating 3DS owners like lepers for owning the better-selling console.

I hope you're right.  With two days of hindsight it's pretty clear that this has been a rubbish E3 for the 3DS.  But I'm prepared to give it a day before I accuse Nintendo of treating 3DS owners like lepers for owning the better-selling console.

I actualy meant on the Wii-U side... a surprise big game coming out between august and October would be sweet. also you guys are essentialy getting 2 harvest moon games aren't cha 

There's stuff, sure, though I don't know if two games in the same genre and effectively the same series by closely-linked developers are the best example.  But I was hoping Nintendo would take the E3 opportunity to announce maybe more than one 3DS game.  A lot of recent 3DS announcements haven't even come out of E3 proper, and consist mostly of a few lagging localisation announcements (Fantasy Life's Japanese release was in December... 2012).

I actualy meant on the Wii-U side... a surprise big game coming out between august and October would be sweet. also you guys are essentialy getting 2 harvest moon games aren't cha

From nintendo proper we only get pokemon and this code name steam thimg amd the pokemon one is a remake. So its pretty dry plus its been ages since a wario or metroid platformer has graced a handheld

It reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles. And I love how they're featuring a lot of Smash. lol

Xenoblade Chronicles (?) looks like an extended PSO... interest earned and rising...

Are there any differences between that series and Monster Hunter?

I'm sure at this point the world cup has stolen all the attention from E3 now, but I can safely say Nintendo won it. You have to admit, while a lot of Nintendo's games aren't coming out until 2015, it was good that Nintendo could still showcase gameplay of the majority of them. It was a good way of keeping the attention on them for the entirety of two days now.

Unlike Sony or Microsoft who mostly showed trailers, concept art, and small snipits of gameplay, Nintendo kept their stream going with various events, full gameplay, and discussion with the devs. 

I think that this is definitely going to be something that Sony and Microsoft are going to approach doing during E3 next year, and I am eager to see what they will try. 

And at this point, I can safely say Nintendo won E3.

• Thumbs Up 3

No, it says they'll be back soon, looks like they got one thing left

Yup, they're done, as I said. =P

LAME!

They ended on the lowest point possible.

Oh well. Still a fantastic E3 for Nintendo overall.

The Mech says goodbye-ish... though it feels like part of a bigger segment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HFtz-yPKJZw

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the way the music is at the end there makes it seem like it's just part of something bigger. Hmmmmm...

A shame they ended on a low note with today's Treehouse Live. I don't mind Wii Sports, but jeez.

• Thumbs Up 2

This was the last thing the devs did (Sakurai included) before many of them left:

VzI1Adw.gif

Is it legal to have this much fun making games? I'm seriously considering trying to get Nintendo to hire me someday now lol

This was the last thing the devs did (Sakurai included) before many of them left:

VzI1Adw.gif

Gotta love that one guy near the door, he's all like "I just walked in here to say goodbye to everybody since E3 was over and I don't know what the fuck is going on"

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a little known fact that being a Nintendo employee comes with the ability to literally turn into a squid.