Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

Day 8 - Favorite Ability

05_chara.png

BIG FRIGGIN' HAMMERS (pictured: Unite Hammer from The Wonderful 101)

There's something about giant hammers that just satisfy me so much.  Unite Hammer, Dedede's rocket hammer in Brawl, Wind Waker's Skull Hammer, they all just strike a chord with me.  Maybe it's the fact that every swing feels like a little mini-commitment.  There's a buildup and a booming payoff as opposed to a quick sword slash or something, and it really makes you feel badass.

Metal Gear Rising - Parry

Pulling off a perfect parry in this game is sooo satisfying. It's the animation and the use of slow motion and the flashiness! BOOM! You just inflicted a shit ton of damage!

Super Mario Sunshine - Spin Jump

360px-Smsspinjump.jpg

Woohooo! Yahaha! Woobee?

Mario sounds so happy! Sunshine has the absolute best jumping physics in all Mario games and this is a really fun move to perform amongst a combo of other acrobatic jumps and flips. So bouncy.

TF2 - MANY THINGS

TF2 is full of cathartic actions the player can pull off.

135px-Backpack_Ullapool_Caber.png  The Ullapool Caber. A melee weapon that explodes when you strike an enemy. 

Pick a person on the other team. Target them and only them. Repeatedly kamikaze rush them. Hilarious.

135px-Backpack_Medi_Gun.png Mediguns. Heal your team mates! Charge up and deploy a powerful ability!

Congratulations! You're now the most important person on your team! Managing to keep your team mates alive is a gratifying ability in itself, but each medigun also has a devastating power once fully charged that can quickly change the outcome of a match. 

135px-Backpack_Homewrecker.pngThe Homewrecker. Become a pybro as you remove sappers!

Friendly engineers love you! Enemy spies and engineers despise you! I become very protective of my fellow engies' buildings when I wield this.

Super Smash Bros - Meteor Smash

Mario_Meteor_Smash.jpg

One of the most enjoyable techniques to execute in each game. Into the abyss you go!

Shit, I totally forgot. Hope I'm not too late.

Day 8-Favorite Ability

1796.jpg

200px-SMW_CapeMario.jpg

Tail/Cape from Super Mario Bros. 3 and World

Man, I just love the abilities bestowed upon Mario when he picks up either the Super Leaf or Cape Feather. Of course there's the flight, but there's also the slow fall and the tail whip/cape spin ability. That's the main thing I love about them, the ability to pull far longer jumps that typically possible thanks to adjusting your fall speed, and who doesn't love an ability that you can use to screw with your friends in Smash Bros.? (flipping them around with the cape/smacking their projectiles back at them). Oh, and I can't forget the earthquake attack you get with the cape due to dive bombing. These 2 are still my favorite even at all these years.

Honorable Mention-Zandatsu (Metal Gear Rising)

Who doesn't love the visceral feeling of chopping your enemies into bits every which way. It's just great how you can pin point what you want to slice with a slow-mo/bullet time effect. That's what it means to be a cyborg ninja, damnit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that Rusty Spy mentioned Just Cause 2's grappling hook. I also love the Ducktales pogo stick.

I like the roll in Donkey Kong Country. It's a great way to keep your momentum going. It's the main mechanic skilled players use to play the games, even. DKC3 added the ability to waterskip if you're really skilled enough. Jumping out of a roll to cross large gaps is so satisfying. And if you do a long roll and continue it into Cranky's shameless ripoff of the Ducktales pogo stick, you can cross so much ground with single jumps.

Speedrunners use this a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYIZAyNaixk

• Thumbs Up 1

Brace yourself, friend.

DOD_ENTRY_Rolling_Through_Time_2f936eaf1

You'll be seeing a whoooooole lot of this. 

Oh please, real men Super Slide. What's "Super Sliding" you ask? Well...

Day 8: Favorite Abili- Wait a minute, does that even allowed?

Ladies and gentlemen of Sonic Stadium, allow me to introduce you to the finest way to travel Hyrule.

While this is technically a glitch, Super Sliding is still my favorite ability I've ever used in a single video game (although Flight and riding Epona can be really cool too). While the timing can be a little bit tricky, when you get it right, it's incredibly fun and satisfying to pull off (especially if you're so used to walking through this entire empty landscape).

If you're curious on how to do this, I'll try my best to explain:

Basically, you drop a bomb and get behind it like I did. Then you wait until it's about to blow up (start holding Z for the camera and R for your Shield), and right before it does, you roll into it while holding Z, R and pressing A (it's like you're trying to pick up the bomb as soon as it explodes) and keep holding Z while you fly backward (you can let go of R now).

...or just follow this video instead.

I forget what exactly causes it, but the blast damage pushes you back in the opposite direction like this. It also works with enemy damage but I can't figure out how to do that.

I used to complain about Ocarina of Time's hugely empty overworld, but now that I know how to do this, it almost feels as if the developers were doing this all along... of course they probably weren't, but Super Sliding works SO WELL in Hyrule Fields though, it almost feels like it was designed for-

tumblr_m5d9t64Gq71rpntveo1_500.gif

Oh right...

Either way, Bombs give you the ability to do some really cool things in the Zelda universe that you're probably not supposed to do. They can make you fast travel, but not just that, you can also use them for Bomb Hovering, another glitch that lets you get into places you couldn't before. There's tons of other glitches you can do with them too like Megaflip but I won't bore you with the details.

Just remember, real men use Bombs and Bombchus.

...also if that doesn't count, then I choose the Zora Mask's amazing swimming mechanics from Majora's Mask, WHICH STILL HAVE YET TO RETURN IN A SINGLE ZELDA GAME, WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO THERE'S A GODDAMN ZORA TUNIC THAT SPECIFICALLY MAKES YOU SWIM IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND THERE'S A SWIMMING THINGY IN SKYWARD SWORD THAT GIVES YOU THAT SUPER SWIMMING SPIN MOVE THINGY THAT A ZORA WOULD TOTALLY DO AND HOW THE HELL DID THEY NOT BRING BACK THIS AMAZING GAMING MECHANIC?!

...NO I'M NOT MAD AT ALL WHAT GAVE YOU THAT POSSIBLE IDEA?! D:

Previously on Day 7:

Next time on Day 9:

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 8: Favorite ability

1345785460_Transformers-FallOfCybertron-

The ability to transform into vehicles and beasts.

This ability is what makes Fall of Cybertron awesome. Period. Cars, trucks, tanks, planes, helicopters, titans, and even dinosaurs! All of these are weaponized, faster/stronger/more agile versions of the characters you play as, and to seamlessly switch between the two for different strategies makes this game like no other. To go from shooting the slag out of your enemies with your multiple weapons to racing down a bridge being laid at your feet; to go from throwing blinding grenades into a room of enemies to flying overhead of them in the blink of an eye; to go from lay down the hurt with heavy-hitting melee attacks to laying down the hurt with dino-sized footsteps and bites... simply put, this game transformed this otherwise average TPS experience into something ever-changing.

Day 8: Complete

Day 8: Favorite Ability

Oy, these topics are getting harder and harder. A lot of them are difficult to choose games for without it being about a Sonic game. But I cannot deny this one since Sonic is the one character that has all the coolest move sets. one of which is very effective alongside the Spindash to get to higher and potentially secret places, and that is: (wait for it...)

The_homing_attack.png

The Homing Attack.

That's right, this move here is one of my favorites. When it comes to kicking butt, this move surely comes in handy against Eggman's robots, pesky G.U.N Beetles (especially that sneaky gold one) or just getting places quickly and efficiently (provided there's a conveniently placed spring nearby). When using this move, there's nothing like hearing that satisfying blip noise letting you know that you are locked on to your target (in the later Sonic games), then end up instinctively mash the X or A button repeatedly to unleash hell 

Another move that I like using in combination with the Homing Attack is Sonic's Wall Running move.

Gotta_Parkour_Fast!.png

Perfect for those times where you just want to show off and defy gravity. I particularly like being able to spindash while doing this to get higher and farther, especially when you kind of need to in order to get to certain places in Sonic Lost World's latest DLC. And being able to jump between, and even sidestep, on walls to really put gravity in it's place. I kind of get a sense of zero gravity when doing all these wall tricks, pretty neat stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 8 - Favourite "Ninja is just a drooling vegetable with his lame butter knives sitting there" Ability

Hammer.png

I already talked about Mike ability last year so I'll go with my favourite of the more standard abilities, which is none other than the ultimate ability, the beat-all-no-contest-revise-your-list-and-life-if-you-pick-anything-else, Hammer ability!!!!

The Hammer ability is one of the most powerful ones available, dealing high damage with each might THWACK!!! Destroying most enemies in a single WHAM!!! Crushing nuisance steel blocks like pebbles with a solid FMOOM!!! It's also one of the swifter abilities, making it very handy for dealing with all manner of enemies. Where it really shines however is in the Boss Rush Modes, where you can take advantage of the very potent Hammer Flip (which is like 2nd highest damaging attack most of the time) and wreck all of the bosses with the most minimum of hits, Annihilating them with the greatest of ease!!!

So yeah Hammer is clearly the choice of champions, and much better than some rinky dinky little swords anyway BV

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 8: Favourite Ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8zqgj2sw0

Jack's Finishers (MadWorld)

I adore the art style in MadWorld and it made it one of the most interesting looking games I've played, and it also works so well for the vast amount of finishing moves that Jack can pull off.

Just posted a video as it demonstrates them better than I can explain them. But all of them are quite spectacular to witness and reminded me of some of Kratos' from God Of War but with even more flourish to them. They're also quite a lot of fun to pull off with the Wiimote and never feel tacked on like a lot of games with motion controls. It's one of the few games I've played where using movements to pull off an actual move in the game feels natural and like you're doing something credible to back up the move. And I loved that it took advantage of the Wiimote's sound capabilities and would actually make chainsaw noises and the likes.

Some of them are hilarious and others just look plain cool, and I love how much variation there is to them. I'm a big fan of beat-em-ups and MadWorld just has some of the most inventive moves I've ever seen.

Honourable mentions:

Witch Time (Bayonetta), Detective Mode (Arkham series), Portal Gun, Super Suit (Earthwom Jim) and Talon Trot & Mumbo Transformations (Banjo-Kazooie). Oh, and everything Hogfather said about Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 8: Favorite Ability

0JWsXti.jpg

Swing, kite your enemies, disarm them, throw them onto one another or even fling yourself onto them. If I'm given a Bionic Arm with the promise of some extended grappling action, I should expect no less from such a marvelous gadget.

The original Bionic Commando is my favorite NES game of all time, one of the greatest platformers ever put out, and the remake took that and made it into something even more extraordinary with it's new abilities, which amped me up all the more for the upcoming 3D sequel. A lot of people won't think much of that one, but for me personally it was my favorite game of that year and still invites multiple playthroughs due to it's memorable level design, great replayability and this one ability. It was a flawed masterpiece for me, the last game Capcom came out with which I truly felt was an exciting event "for the fans". Then it bombed and got ridiculed for it's plot, something I don't really defend, but is nonetheless a game I hold near and dear due to how much you can do with this one thing. It's like the Spider-Man game I always wanted but with the added extra of combat that never gets old.

And who can forget the legacy it retains after Combofiend brought this underappreciated Capcom hero to the limelight in Marvel vs Capcom 3 when he proved Spencer's place in the top tiers with that terrifying Bionic Arm.

You can't imagine how amusing I found Symphony of the Night to play once I stumbled upon this:

It very quickly devolved into seeing how quickly I could speedrun the game without actually... um... playing the game. It's too bad the PSP version wasn't so bombastic about it.

Favorite ability: Spinning

I love the spin move from the crash bandicoot series. It's so satisfying killing enemies like that especially if they gave you a hard time. The spongebob movie game also had this attack and if you upgrade it you can reflect projectiles. It's a feature that I love in the galaxy games because I'm so used to doing it and relying on it

Day 9 - Favorite Boss

30800-128611-3884808814d0c1fc716ogif-620

The End - Metal Gear Solid 3

I know, I know. Metal Gear again. Sorry. I had to today. :P

Let's set the stage, first. You're Naked Snake, travelling through the dense forests of Russia on a mission to kill your mentor, save a scientist, and prevent nuclear holocaust. Standing in your way is the Cobra Unit, a group of elite Russian soldiers who fought alongside the Boss, your mentor.

One of these soldiers is the End, a man over a hundred years old and the inventor of modern sniping. Using his supernatural ability of photosynthesis (yes, really) he gets some energy from the environment around him to give himself the strength to fight one final battle.

This boss will very often take first time players hours to defeat. Not because he's cheap or frustrating, but because the entire premise of the fight is a long, drawn out battle between two snipers. ... If you want it to be. The game allows an enormous amount of freedom during the fight, and the ways in which you can defeat him are extremely numerous. You can whip out your sniper rifle and take him head on in a sniper battle, you can try to tranquilize him by using your thermal goggles to track and sneak up behind him, you can kill him earlier in the game by shooting him with your sniper rifle right after a cutscene, and you can shut off the game, fast forward your internal clock one week, and come back to find him dead of old age.

The whole thing is handled brilliantly, really. It's an excellent fight and a great example of good game design.
  • Thumbs Up 7

I really want to say The End myself, since it was Kojima at his absolute most creative; but I was unfortunate enough to have every fucking way to beat him spoiled for me before I managed to get to him in the game. Makes it hard for me to do so from a detached perspective; so I'll have to think about it a bit.

Day 9: Favourite Boss

maxresdefault.jpg

Jergingha - The Wonderful 101

I just can't explain how epic this boss really is. He has LOADS of phases, and each of them just cranks the OTT meter up and then it ends with one of the most satisfying final boss battles I've ever played in gaming. This is by far my favorite boss ever. He was very challenging but was never unfair, then again that is the case with all Platinum games really. It gave me so many Gurren Lagann vibes because it's just as OTT as the final battle in that show. Oh man I need to play this game again now.

Did I mention that the music which plays in his Planet Destruction form is just amazeballs and pumps you up like nothing else?

• Thumbs Up 4

I really want to say The End myself, since it was Kojima at his absolute most creative; but I was unfortunate enough to have every fucking way to beat him spoiled for me before I managed to get to him in the game. Makes it hard for me to do so from a detached perspective; so I'll have to think about it a bit.

Yeah, the system clock thing in particular has become so widely known that I'd heard it a million times before even playing MGS1, haha. I thought the execution was so amazingly strong though that even without the surprise factor it still just blew me away. Took about three hours of stalking him in the forest and I love every damn minute of it.

Day 9: Favourite Boss

sonic-unleashed-egg-beetle-o.gif

"EGG BEETLE, GO!"

From recent memory, I think the Egg Beetle from Sonic Unleashed is my favourite boss. It was extremely fun, and in my opinion this is the best way to incorporate a boss fight into Modern Sonic gameplay. I also really liked how you could boost into the Egg Beetle and send it hurtling down the track, with Eggman screaming as it bounces off the ground. The boss itself is pretty easy, but boosting into Eggman is really satisfying. The environment around you in the boss looks really nice too, and the cutscene before the boss....

"Hmm? How did you get here so quickly?"

....brilliant. IQ of 300 my ass.

The music is probably my favourite Eggman boss theme in the entire franchise, though there is a slight bias because a unleashed is probably my favourite Sonic soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/-2O3R7nDcTY

"Same as ever, all bark and no bite!"

I said earlier that I was going to post (I think it was day 6), but my life's incredibly busy right now: haven't had the time. Since it's now Day 9, I'll work on my entries for days 6 through 9 here, and I'll edit the post later. This is assuming I can edit posts :P. Kind of against the rules, but I want to participate and I'm struggling to find the time. Day 9 here, days 6 to 8 in a spoilers box below:

*to be edited later*

Day 9 - Favourite Boss

I can't answer this question without mentioning one of the greatest, if not the greatest boss fight of all time.

3112002-8907070976-The_G.png

The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day/Conker: Live & Reloaded 

This boss. Not only are you fighting a massive piece of shit with toilet paper, but it's also a musical boss fight. How cool is that? I nearly pissed myself laughing at how ridiculous this boss fight is the first time I played. Conker's Bad Fur Day had plenty of creative boss fights, but this one takes the cake. A piece of shit sings, you chug toilet paper down its throat, and flush it away. All while avoiding being hit by dung. I don't know who thought of this boss fight, but they deserve a prrrromotion! I tend to not like boss fights because they take a while and are a bit tedious, but when it comes to The Great Mighty Poo I can't help but enjoy it, if only because of how ridiculous it is. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Favorite Boss, OK.
Look at this creepy ass fucker right here

KSS_Marx.png

Cute? No, he isn't. He's fucking terrifying. He pukes lasers and bombs, makes needle tentacles appear, shoots arrows out of his face, and cuts his face in half to suck you into another dimension full of pain. What's that? You don't see it? Oh, shoot wrong picture.

Marxmovie.png

Yeah, not so cute, now is he? And don't even get me STARTED on Marx Soul.

Day 09: Favorite Boss Battle

Stallord.png

TWILIT FOSSIL STALLORD

You find this monster in the Arbiters Grounds dungeon in the desert. After hacking your way through the undead, this creeper is right there to greet you at the end of the entire dungeon. This guy is a beast, and the entire fight against him is fast-paced and exciting!

Your weapon of choice against this thing? Is it the Master Sword? The hookshot? The hero's bow? Boomerang? Nope. None of that.

spinner.jpg

It's this seemingly useless device. How on earth will this stand against the demon lord of the skeletons?

Like this:

OHhhhhh sweet big mama jamma, this is so satisfying
  • Thumbs Up 8

Favourite boss fight?

I guess Metroid Prime (from, well, Metroid Prime). It feels good to use all the various beams and weapons you've gotten throughout the game to fight the first form, while you shoot the second form's face with a super-powerful beam that can take down even those annoying as fuck Fission Metroids. And the music for the second form is kickass too.

...also, as someone who doesn't tend to pick favourites for the things he likes, I hate these "Favourite X" questions and am beginning to think it's gonna culminate in "Favourite Pixel Placement" or "Favourite Shade of Green in a Video Game" or something.

Ooh this one is fun!

Day 9 - Mambo's Favourite Boss

I'm trying to stay strictly non-Sonic here... in which I would normally pick Sonic 3 & Knuckles' Death Egg boss ad Doomsday... however the next bess boss I immediately thought of was:

ff8bc81a-8e84-49a1-bd42-f15dc8d31f42_zps

This guy.

I'm sure you all know the story; Wheaters replacing GLaDOS as the core of the entire Facility and nearly letting it explode. So you have to team up with your arch-nemesis to get rid of the guy and place ole-lady-Caroline's-brain-in-a-freezer back in charge.

First off, I love this boss because of Stephen Merchant's dialogue. It is hilarious and once I had to let the facility explode just so I could hear every line! The other Cores are pretty funny too... although the Space Core was amusing for about 5 minutes before the Internet ruined it.

A Moron Until The End, Wheatley doesn't have a clue what he's doing... but I have to give him credit for his Four Part Plan... in Five Parts... he does learn from GLaDOS' mistakes, only to make all new ones! I also like how this boss is essentially the opposite of what you have to do in the first Portal; instead of knocking Cores off the chassis, you have to find a way to plug Cores on the chassis so Wheaters here becomes corrupted.. or more corrupted, if you will! biggrin.png I assume that GLaDOS tears off the Cores that aren't sucked into space for the final scene... which, by the way is glorious!

A fitting end to an awesome game.

However, I <3 Wheatley as a character, and I do like that you get a nice after-credits scene of him floating around in space.... possibly feeling a little remorse for what he's done.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 9 - Favorite Boss

My favorite boss, huh…

696px-Goht.png

Take a good look at this creature here.

This is Goht, one of the bosses from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask. It also has another title to go by: The Masked Mechanical Monster. Yes, this is actually a bull mech. In a Zelda game. This is the boss of the Snowhead Temple and the cause for the seeming permanent winter that the Gorons of the region are suffering. Initially, when you enter the boss chamber, you find the mecha bull frozen in a gigantic block of ice with only its head sticking out of the ice.. You’d think that you could just chip the mask off it and move on, but no, you have to thaw it out with your newly acquired Fire Arrows. Once it’s freed from its frigid prison of sorts, Goht actually roars so loudly that it shatters two nearby walls, runs you over and hightails it out of there. 

That, my friends, is where the fun REALLY begins.

Hurry! Chase after it. Even if it means throwing your own body into it, do it so it'll stop! - Tatl

As the above hint indicates, you must chase after Goht in order to defeat it. How, you may ask? By using this guy here.

800px-MMGoronLinkConcept2.jpg

Yes, you must use the Goron Mask and use the magic-enhanced Spin Dash-like Goron Roll to collide into and dismantle the rampaging robot bull--no other attack will work all that effectively on it. The arena loops around and there are regenerating Magic Jars dotting it, so you’ll never have to worry about losing Goht or your Magic Power. That doesn’t mean that the fight itself isn’t challenging, however: if you let Goht get far enough away, when you make a turn into a part of the track, it’ll start firing off semi-homing lightning blasts at you until you get close enough to force him to retreat. During the chase itself, it’ll initially fire out smaller lightning spheres that will hit you and kill your momentum if you don't maneuver your way around it. There are also several ramps that you can use to launch yourself into the air and dodge its attacks--if you time it right, you can even collide into Goht from above and knock it down, scoring yourself some free extra hits. Over time, as you tear into the mech to the point where it starts sparking, it starts firing off the lightning blasts more and more frequently, launching instantly exploding bombs and even starting an earthquake that sends stalactites down on the track, which you can’t destroy with your roll. When you finally land the final blow on Goht, it’ll actually start malfunctioning to the point where it’ll run off haphazardly right into a wall and finish itself off with the resulting rock avalanche.

The reason why this is my favorite boss is because it’s one of the most fast-paced battles that I’ve ever played. It really feels like something that one would expect from a Boost Era Sonic game, except here, you have full control of your speedy guy. It is with this complete agency of your control that helps make it quite fun. Chasing after Goht while dodging its hard-hitting attacks, obstacles and even trying to maintain your momentum without reducing to the normal and vulnerable Roll makes it all the more engaging to play. Combine it with a looping arena and an infinite supply of Magic to fuel your Goron Roll, and you have one fight that you will actually go out of your way to retry. Interested? Here’s a video of the fight:

So, in conclusion: Goht rocks.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Favourite Boss:

I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES BATMAN, DO YOU?!

Freeze_up-close_AC.png

The Mr Freeze boss fight in Batman Arkham City. It's tense, exciting. It's two warriors engrossed in an arkward battle of wills.

I always think of this as the Metal Gear Solid Batman boss fight. I say that because unlike the other fights in Arkham City this one is all about stealth. If you try and tackle Mr Freeze head-on he will destroy you. The only way to beat him is to attack without him seeing you, and the best part is that when you are successful in landing a blow Mr Freeze immediately adapts so that you can't use the same attack move again! The arena (old GCPD building) where the fight takes place is complex with lots of hiding places for you to evade Mr Freeze and plot ways to attack him. 

The fight starts because Mr Freeze has refused to give Batman the cure which will save the Dark Knight's life because some of Joker's henchman have kidnapped Mr Freeze's wife. Both refuse to back-down, hence the arkward fight starts. The music fits the tense atmosphere. Batman was sort of allies with Mr Freeze so it doesn't feel right that you are suddenly fighting him. It feels arkward.

The fight even finishes in a stalemate where Batman beats down Mr Freeze and then gets an hallucination brought on by his deteriorating condition after being poisoned by Joker.

Mr Freeze moves very slowly such is his confidence/arrogance that Batman is no match for him.

There are - I think - about 10 ways that you can attack Mr Freeze:

1)   Sneak up behind him (silent takedown).

2)   Glide kick (preferably behind).
3)   Railing takedown (latch on to the side of the upper half and attack).
4)   Under Vent takedown (hide in the under way passage and attack when he's close).
5)   Use the Bat Zip line.
6)   Use the Decryptor on his suit to temporarily stun him.
7)   Electrocute him with the power grid located at the end of the room.
8)   Electrocute him with the broken power line located near the side rooms.
9)   Use detonators on the breakable walls and ceilings.
10)  Glide (Drop) attack. Jump down on Freeze from high above.

There might be an 11th way to attack him as well.

You need to hit him 3 times in Easy mode, 5 in Normal, 8 in Hard and 10 in New Game Plus mode. 

After a while Freeze jams your Detective mode so you can no longer use it.

batmanarkhamcitystealthcam.jpg

It's an incredibly fun boss. You get to be so creative with how you attack him. The hardest part is remembering which attack-moves you haven't used yet. As you can imagine New Game Plus mode can be a bit of a nightmare, but it's immensely satisfying once you beat Freeze. 

The boss fight with Freeze in the Arkham Origins dlc is also pretty fun, although you can re-use some of the same attack methods so it's not quite as creative as in Arkham City.

• Thumbs Up 8