Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

The saddest moment? I might choose the

Sniper Wolf death scene

from Metal Gear Solid, but I talked about that a little in a previous post.

I choose... the ending of Pokémon Black and White? It's not the most tragic thing to happen in a game, and the story of Pokémon Black and White is actually pretty lame, but... At the time I played it (on a Japanese copy), I was in a bad place in my life, and it affected me a lot harder than it really should have. The music as always made the experience much more emotional, and the fact that

a child's father telling him he is both adopted

and useless to him

happened in a Pokémon game of all things made a big impact.

Day 16: Saddest moment

Mine's is like yours Deleter, except it's the one you didn't feel much for.

tumblr_l7u49jga541qab9vxo1_500.jpg

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. That ending tore me apart. First, the situation. A man was deeply in love with a woman but the woman left suddenly. He was torn up inside for he didn't know why she left. In truth, she left to protect their unborn child from the toxic area, which he could never leave. That was sad enough. The toxic area made him believe he never aged, so he waited for her, sending an expensive box as a message to her. He didn't know it reached her. Before she died she'd left him a message, explaiining all. The man suddenly realises how old he is in an instant. All those years gone, for his lost love. The ultimate kicker? The song. The tune "Iris" gets me crying every time. Whether its the musicbox, instrumental or Japanese vocal version, you'll find a tear down my face.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16! Tragic/Saddest moment!

Well there's

Dom's death

in Gears of War 3...which actually made me CRY!

>>

<<

But no, I think that's just sad. So instead, I'll go for the one that was much better done and was very emotional still, though it didn't make me cry and I already knew what was going to happen because spoilers.

Red Dead Redemption's ending. Whyyy...?

Poor John Marston does all that shit in the game to save his wife and child, and for what? To just get betrayed in the end by some asshole and then get shot by about fifteen guys in one last stand Dead Eye moment. The scene where Jack and Abigail bury him and grieve at his grave is one of the saddest things I've seen in a game and it really made me feel so emotional considering we followed this legendary character throughout the game. Even though he was former outlaw, we could relate to the choices he makes throughout and his quest for redemption which he did achieve in the end! But again, he was betrayed and died in cold blood.

There is one extra epilogue at the end, but it didn't make me feel anything for it because sadly the terrible awful had already happened and the damage had been done. Still a tragic yet amazingly done scene though!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16: Most Tragic/Saddest Moment

I'll have to go with this because I'm a sap, also I haven't played that many games with really sad parts so yeah and stuff:

j7osNdr.jpg

Super Paper Mario - Ending - Lord Blumiere and Lady Timpani

Man, just, man. The story between these two struck me considerably hard when I played this game as a kid, heck it still does now for that matter, and for this reason it's my pick for today. Count Bleck (Blumiere) seeks to destroy all of existence after he believes his one true love, Tippi (Timpani), is dead. He eventually comes to his senses and sees the errors of his ways in the last chapter of the game, after he finds out that Tippi is in fact Timpani, the love he thought he'd lost, but at that point it's too late to fix everything, though there is still one thing he can do. It could all be stopped if the sacrifice of two true lovers is made. They confess their undying love for each other at the altar, even after all this time of separation and all they've been through, and there is a great big flash. The void that was going to engulf all worlds is closed, the destroyed worlds are reborn, and Blumiere and Timpani are nowhere to be seen, and whether or not they survived or are still somewhere out there is unknown, but it's made clear they aren't coming back.

I don't know, I think I garbled it up a bit, but I just really thought that this moment, especially for a Mario game, was pretty hard hitting, especially with how it's built up, man. So yeah, there ya go.

• Thumbs Up 3

Most Tragic Moment

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Ending spoilers..

Well obviously the ending itself. When I saw it, Tears were streaming down. The lengths they went through to save each other. The sacrifices Aqua made without thinking. How she tried to help everytime even though each time it hurt her even more. She loses all hope in the Darkness only to see her friends' keyblades fight the Darksides for her. The fact the 3 protags were never-before-seen characters were ominous but I never expected such tragic ending that kept spiraling out of control.

And somehow Aqua composed herself to do what she had to do in the final story. She's an inspiring character and this is an ending I'll never forget..

• Thumbs Up 2

Saddest Moment

Link's Awakening Ending

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. In a pre-Majora's Mask world, this is what taught me how much of an impact a Zelda story can have. Normally, everyone scoffs at pulling the dream card, but this game did it right. You entered this very strange world, you're confused at first because everything is so weird. You grow to love quirkiness, the world, and the characters. Boom. That's all gone. That is a huge blow, but for some reason, you grow to be okay with it. But it's still depressing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day Numbero 16: White Edition 2: Ninja's "More on time than Kamis entries" Saddest Moment ever!

TWD-game-cover.jpg

yeah you can tell where this is going

ah Episode 5 of season 1...how you have Shaped me.....and by Shaped me I mean almost turned me into a Emotional Wreck (and I still remember that just so you know)

but yeah, my pick is, of course, Lee's Final Moments of Episode 5. When I entered this game series, I didnt expect to be that moved by it, but guess what, it did.

the entire Series, you, as Lee aka The Baddest Ass alive, make it your sworn duty to protect this little girl by the name of Clementine, a girl wich you bareley even know. But fuck it, its the right thing to do, so of course you spend the entire series teaching her how to survive, take care of herself and keep that Hair short

and then Episode 5 rolls around...and Lee gets bit all while Clemetine has been kidnapped

now, possibly getting your arm chopped off would be a deal for anyone else, for Lee? He has no time to give a shit, he has to save Clem and boy fucking howdy does he.

But then the Zombie infection/Blood Loss catches up with Lee, and he is about to die, but not before giving Clem advice on how to survive the Zombie Apocalypse

and then Clem puts him out of misery.....and she is all alone....until the start of Season 2 that is, but still

Lee gave his Live and more to ensure this Girls survival and make sure there is at least one more Badass around to take his place (and he succeeded) but his Death remains a great tragedy noontheless, and he will be remembered

remembered for making me punch my Feel Organ, I'm punching it again just writing about it.....

Honorable mention goes to DmC.....for existing, thus causing great sadness to Me wherever I go

• Thumbs Up 2

Reading this thread today gave me the feels ;-;

Day 16 Saddest Moment:

I wanted to mention NieR but I see people got ahead of me, I wanted to give a mention to Elenor's story in Phatasy Star Online 1 but I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in the last thread.

So I guess I'll have to go with this one.

256px-MMZ4_box.jpg

Megaman Zero 4: Ending

Spoilers ahoy!

This moment is both awesome and sad, awesome because it's the final battle against the bastard who made the lives of many (X included) a living hell for hundreds of years and sad because... well...

This final battle turns around the space station Ragnarok who is in collision course against the last free human colony of the world, Zero reaches the core with the intent to stop it but Dr.Weil appears and drops a few bombs, first of all, he is immortal, second, he is also a human! Zero manages to incapacitate Weil for a moment but then the guy stands up again (being immortal and whatnot) and decides to fuse himself with the entire colony. Ciel calls Zero asking him to abort the mission because there is no time to evacuate...

But Zero refuses to do so, he tells Ciel that if he manages to destroy the core (now part of Weil) the colony will be broken to such an extent that the remaining pieces will probably disintegrate by entering Earth's atmosphere... Of course, by staying himself in the place he also pretty much seals his fate but if he can save everyone and destroy Weil once and for all in the process he is more than willing to give it a go.

Weil questions if Zero has the guts to kill a human (something that wouldn't make him any different than a Maverick) and to this he answers:

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero...I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate...If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

And he kicks his ass to the next series! Which was awesome!

But the final scene back in Earth is quite different, Ciel is trying to call Zero but there is no response, Rouge slowly comments about Ragnarok's destruction (she has to communicate the operation's "success", well aware of the implications of such and the fact Ciel is right next to her), Ciel keeps trying to call for Zero but Rouge says the connection has been lost. After hearing that Ciel runs away before Rouge could talk to her...

Back in the colony everyone is mourning the fall of our hero (and Craft :U) and then Ciel appears... She seems to confirm everyone's suspicions and they begin to lament the fact Zero won't be able to see the end of the war between humans and reploids but Ciel cheers up everyone by telling them that Zero is sure to come back!

But then we get to the credits screen and you can see Ciel doesn't feel so confident about that while she begins to cry her heart out while the pieces of the Ragnarok are still falling...

After what seems like hours of crying she finally calms herself up, and more determined than ever she comments that now it's the time for both humans and reploids to show that Zero's belief in them was right, that his fight was not in vain and that maybe... Maybe some time they'll be able to see each other again... And she'll be waiting for that day...

Mega-Man-Zero-4-ending.jpg

FUCK YOU CAPCOM! ;-; THIS SHOT HIT ME LIKE A FREAKING TRAIN! ;-;

And then ZX happened :U

Ok so... I was going to post about because frankly, he still takes the cake... and then, I remembered something that happened a while back and how if you know about it, it makes both the games feel different when playing them... especially the game that this music is specifically from.

Saddest Moment: 

normand-corbeilpiano.jpg

The passing of Normand Corbeil

Normand Corbeil was a composer on a game I consider to be really really good, but a lot of people don't like it much, he was also the composer on another game which didn't do as well. Those games are Heavy Rain & Beyond Two Souls.

Now regardless of what you think of the games, the music for those is world class, however, Normand Corbeil passed away before Beyond Two Souls could be released, so he never got to see gamers all over the world once again praise his work. 

Heavy Rain is the story about a child abduction and a father who lost one a son in a traffic accident and discovers his second child has been abducted, he then tries everything he can to rescue him, there's one piece of music in particular which sums up the pain and suffering felt by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIbIkycXwU

It really unsettles me each time I hear his music, to know that he worked right up until his death in order to produce something that gamers all over the world would love, and despite his illness he never let it beat him, he was still able to compose an entire game, and provide the majority of the contribution a second.

It's doubly upsetting because his death was announced by his son, and every time I hear painful memories, I can't help but feel what he must have gone through, how the music written by his father probably symbolises and captures the pain he must have gone through.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Walking Dead Season 1 Ending Spoilers

Yeah pretty much everyone who's played the game is gonna put this one. The main character, Lee, gets bit at the very end of episode 4, leaving episode 5 the grand responsibility of letting us watch Lee's condition deteriorate and see nearly everyone else dying.

But that's just the full episode, the ending is what we're after. After cutting through a zombie horde to one of the hypest zombie killing musics ever, he gets lectured on all his mistakes by the Stranger, who is killed by either Lee or Clementine, and Clem is saved. 

And then Lee is on his last legs alone with Clem in a jewelry store. So, he gives Clem some parting advice, and Clem either leaves him behind or is convinced to shoot him so he won't come back. And that's the end of the episode.

I think music really helps a sad scene to be a sad scene. I can just listen to the music after I play the scene and just remember how sad it all was.

Other honorable mentions

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Ending Spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwDKw5jAFlo

A sad ending in a PMD game? Say it ain't so.

So you saved the world, but also made it so you can no longer exist. Your partner, who has throughout the game been very dependent on you, is now alone in the world.

The game spends the next ten minutes guilt tripping you to hell and back.

Eventually you exist again, but the ending probably would've been even stronger if the game took even more time before that happened.

Mother 3 Ending Spoilers

No crying until the end.

Watch your mostly mind-controlled brother basically kill himself after your dead mother tries to speak some reason into you both.

Feel sad about not being able to experience Mother 3 a second time as if it was new. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 16: Saddest Moment

Valkyria Chronicles

Isara's Death

17_07.jpg

(shh it's from the anime because idk what game pic to use)

Anyways, to tell you the truth, I don't remember the game that much specifically lmao. I loved this game to bits and got really invested in it's story at the time, but it's been quite a few years and haven't replayed it since. Anyways, Isara is the adopted sibling of the main character, Welkin if I remember/wikipedia right, so she's a pretty big deal in the story revolving around the dude you mainly play as. Again, I don't remember what happens exactly to her, but I remember sitting in awe when she dies in the game, mainly because I didn't see it coming. It's a game about war in a fantastical historical fiction-like world, but that's when it hit me that these characters are /people/ I guess. The entire team grieves for Isara, morale gets low, and it's like a real side effect of losing someone special in a group, and you're at the helm of it. It feels pretty crazy I guess.

To add, I'm pretty sure the side recruitment characters you get in the game can also perma-die. They all have some personality even if they're not important to the story whatsoever, but it still hurts when you lose them, and sometimes even enough to throw your hour progress out the window to save their life.

I love this game, but I just recall being so sad over this. I say this in like all my posts, but there's definitely other sadder moments out there in my gaming history, but god damn does my memory suck, so we go with the first thought looool

Hmm, let me see here....

I know;

The ending of the main story in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

The first pair of PMD games already had a sad enough ending. So, how does Chunsoft on-up your character going back to the human world? They make it so your character disappears from existence once the future is changed. That ain't a good thing. Now, you know of this for a bit before the ending, but here's the thing;

Your character never tells their partner anything until the very moment they are being erased from existence, because they didn't want them to worry. But now, that's it happening.... man, is your partner heart-broken once you're gone. Like I said in my last entry, I don't cry at moments like this, but damn  if I wasn't pretty darn saddened myself.

Day 16 - Saddest Moment

Hmm...well, the ending I got in Silent Hill 2 was pretty sad, but I already talked about that game three times.  Let's see, what else.....

Huh.  Y'know?  I really can't think of anything.  I'm sure Walking Dead qualifies, but I haven't gotten around to playing past the first episode yet (it's on my to do list).  So I guess I'll just go with

7206.6a00d83452033569e200e54f3e41f98833_

The Baby Metroid's Sacrifice -  Super Metroid

Yeah yeah, blah blah blah the Baby blah blah blah.  In hindsight, this moment probably isn't as emotionally heavy as some would lead on - and certainly not as scarring as Other M made it seem.  But there's something about the Metroid's instinctive drive to protect Samus that's just really touching.  You really don't see much interaction between Samus and the Metroid - you save it in Metroid 2, she gives it to scientists, it gets stolen, and then you meet up with it right at the end.  Not exactly a concoction for award-winning drama.  But y'know, this moment makes the Metroid seem like a loyal, loving animal protecting its mother, and regardless of buildup, it's always sad to see animals die.  I actually think the lack of facial features on this creature make it more lovable - maybe because the idea of something so hideous having emotions is so strange that it ends up being appealing.  All adds up to a memorable climax.  Rock on, baby Metroid.

MAYBE I'D HAVE MORE SAD MOMENTS IF JRPGs WEREN'T SO BLEH TO PLAY

• Thumbs Up 2

As previously mentioned, the story component of a video game have been one of which has been in constant evolution across different generations, offering players a plot in which to take part of as they experience the gameplay of the game. Much like any story featured in other forms of entertainment, the ones in video games may have different takes including the emotional side, making the player feel emotionally attached to the characters that are part in the game.

As far as I can remember, few games have given me a certain degree of emotional attachment to the point of finding a particular moment in the story sad or tragic to remember. Yet there's one that has been stuck with me in recent years due to its charm and emotional side (which has also been mentioned throughout today's question by other people). My saddest moment in a video game is...

tumblr_mailygZ3zp1rh07z5o1_500.png

Rosalina's Story in Super Mario Galaxy

As many already know (and definitely already commented throughout this topic in several occasions), Mario games are not known to have a deep story outside of their RPG installments. However, finding out that Super Mario Galaxy's plot was quite deep enough to even feature a backstory to their newest character in the series, Rosalina, was quite a surprising yet pleasant surprise.

Her backstory is explained through her storybook which is told to the Lumas at her Comet Observatory's library and as you progress through the main game more chapters of her story will be available. Rosalina's backstory is certainly a sweet and charming one to listen to, yet features a sad side of her past as it tells more about her family and how she ended up living in the Comet Observatory alongside the Lumas. Rosalina, who wants to search for her mother, goes with the Star Child while leaving her father and brother behind. All to find out that Rosalina's mother is sleeping under the tree from the hill where she lives. That line pretty much sums up how Rosalina is feeling for missing her mother, a beloved one who's been long gone and how her feelings are comforted by the Lumas who have been accompanied by Rosalina during her travel.

This story is possibly one of the saddest featured in the Mario universe, a sub plot that goes deep into the emotions of how someone feels for missing a really close family member while giving depth to a brand new character (at the time of the game's release) with a proper backstory, something quite unusual in the main Mario platformer games. An incredibly charming story as well as touching, so touching that even brought me into tears. ;_; Such backstory, on the other hand, has been a particular reason as of why Rosalina is one of my big favourite characters in video games.

• Thumbs Up 3

I got a few...

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DAYS: Xion's End

maxresdefault.jpg

Now I know I have bashed on 358/2 days. And this doesn't change how I felt overall for the game. However 358/2 Days HD did a much better job at getting me invested in the plot as I said before. Anyway, this moment in both versions got me hard. Xion in my eyes was still pointless in the long run, but she still was a nice character with a likable personality(somewhat).

Xion by this time had finally learned her true purpose: She's a Replica Sora created from his memories of Kairi that was used by Organization XIII so they could not only keep the real Sora asleep, but also have their own functional Sora that would obey them, unlike Roxas who began to question himself.  She also was draining Roxas of his own strength, due to him being the Nobody of Sora. However, Org. XIII did not anticipate the bond she would create with Roxas and Axel. She was beginning to create a sense of self, something they did not expect. (Though Axel knew, due to his time at Castle Oblivion with the Replica Riku)

Knowing the pain she was creating between her friends, and the friends of Sora, Xion chose to sacrifice herself. She needed to give back what didn't belong to her despite the consequences. She pretended to go rouge and attacked Roxas, her best friend, forcing Roxas to kill her and take back his strength, and take the memories that Xion held within her that belonged to Sora. This in turn caused everyone who interacted with Xion prior, including Roxas to forget her. She knew this would happen. She wanted this to happen.

It's emotional and sad. Mainly in the case of Roxas. Roxas just wanted friends. His friend Axel basically in his eyes betrayed him, and the Org. were only using him for the Keyblade and his ties with Sora. Xion was all he had left, and he had to kill her. It was such a moment of loss for him, that he actually cried. Something that Nobodies couldn't do.

Kingdom-Hearts-Birth-By-Sleep.jpg

Birth by Sleep: Divided in Darkness

Again another emotional moment in the Kingdom Hearts series. For many reasons actually. It all starts when the final battle between Vanitas and Master Xehanort begins.

Ven basically has to fight Vanitas and sacrifice his heart in order to destroy the X-Blade, the weapon Master Xehanort was attempting create by having the two clash. 

Terra gives into the darkness and becomes the new vessel for Master Xehanort.

And then there's Aqua. Her moment doesn't happen until a little after all this. A unconscious Aqua and Ven's body are rescued by Mickey who returns them to Yen Sids tower. Aqua wakes up and decides to return back to her home with Ven's body. BUT WAIT! Oh, that's not all! See here's the thing. Xehanort after tricking Terra multiple times, finally plunged their world, the Land of Departure, into darkness. So what's left of it? Oh just a few ruins of the castle. So Aqua decides this is the perfect place for Ven to wait until she can find a way to wake him. She transforms the world into one that will hide his body until she can return. (Castle Oblivion)

Then she goes to find Terra. She eventually finds him...possesed by Master Xehanort. Aqua is able to defeat him, but Terra-Xehanort attempts to plunge himself in darkness due to the struggle within. Aqua sacrifices herself in order to save her friend, and is now trapped in darkness. This action, unknown to her, would result in countless worlds being lost to darkness, and even a genocide of people.

Cut-scenes:

And even sadder is the fact that all of this was caused by Terra and his foolish easily manipulative mind. Master Xehanort basically succeded in his goals one way or another, despite not having the X-Blade because of Terra. Literally, had it not been for him being so gullible, Xehanort would not have caused all the damage he would over the entire series. This imo is the saddest part of everything. How one mans actions led to so much pain and devastation. And it was up to a group of children now to clean up his mess. Children who also had their own troubles due to Xehanort.(especially in Riku's case.) 

It's a sad tale for the reasons I mentioned, and one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 so much. I want to see this resolved. It causes me so much sadness to see these guys in this state.

I'm also gonna talk about one more title soon, so hopefully, this is enough for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, if I had to choose one moment that truly was tragic and the saddest to me as much as people have joked about it on here I would say Sonic's death in sonic 06 was probably the saddest thing ever to me. To start, I was a kid back then when I was on youtube and decided to look up sonic 06 stuff since I didn't have a 360 (or ps3) to play it with. Then I noticed a video, it said "sonic dies in sonic 06" and I thought "this has to be fake" and then I watched the video...for the first time in my life I literally almost started crying over the death of another person, sure he's a fictional character but sonic was (and is) my favorite character, my hero, my lord and sav-*shot*.

Needless to say, the scene really hit me hard which is why I was pretty darn happy when I saw the video right after saying he had gotten revived and it made the night a lot more more happier for me :)

This is a Reply post not an entry post. I made one of those earlier today :) 

Responding to a few of these:

Cremia didn't convince Romani to drink the milk to dull her senses, Romani WANTED to drink it but couldn't because she wasn't old enough.  Cremia lets her because she knows Romani will never get to grow up anymore.

...Though I'm totally accepting dulling of senses as a secondary benefit of letting her drink it as a headcanon waaah. ;_;

Baby Goron is crying because his Dad isn't around, not dead.  Darmani isn't related to the Baby Goron, his Dad is the one lost in the snow who I'm PRETTY sure survives to spring?  You never see him but the Baby Goron mentions him I'm sure.

Just wanted to correct those two since Majora's Mask has it's "sweet"...ish sad moments too like that.

Deku Butler I personally always saw as ambigious, I saw it as him thinking the tree looks like his son and being silly about it personally, but could go either way lol.

I also just want to mention... on all my playthroughs I can't bear to reset time after finishing Anju & Kafei's story.  It's always the last thing I do on the cycle that I take on the moon. XD

Finally goddamnit I always just saw the Hero's Shade appearing as a Stalfos as being an artistic choice in TP I forgot that people lost in the Lost Woods turn into one why would you do this to me noooooooooooo

this is a reply to this post here. 

this is about the anjou and Kaifei quest:

I want to add that it is very very sad when you finish the Anjou story but you complete the mail man thing rather than get the sun mask. then anjou sits on her bed and patiently  waits for a lover  that will never return. that is REALLY sad to me

tongue.png

Day 16: Most Tragic/Saddes Moment

King_Dedede_Not_Alone_1407.JPG

Revenge of the King - Kirby Superstar Ultra

This moment isn't paticularly sad or tragic, but I will admit it is one of the first times a video game got me legitmately miserable. All King Dedede wanted to do was to prove he could beat Kirby in a fight. After a climactic battle with Masked Dedede, and all you're left to do during the credits sequence is watch Dedede and his countless Waddle Dees walk off into the sunset, homeless and miserable. The worst part about this is that it was ME who left him homeless! I DID THIS I CANT FIX IT. And this was completely unwarranted this time! Dedede didn't even do anything aside from challenging Kirby!

That music too, its great. Its one of my favourite ending themes.

So, this was a REALLY tough decision for me. Both of these situations had me in total shock for a while. But I just have to mention the runner up here; the entirety of Halo Reach. Throughout the game the situation just keeps getting more dire as your entire team keeps getting pecked off life flies. Not to mention a lot of those deaths coming out of no where with little impact on the overall world besides making sure the rest of the team survives (which is one of the more tragic facts in my opinion). I guess the reasons why it didn't make it here are basically because it wasn't really a given moment but multiple ones spread out throughout the game and that the other hits... a little closer to home. So... here it is:

Day 16: Most Tragic/ Saddest (...*little gasp*... *starts to tear up*... wh- why you do this to me game?) Moment

maxresdefault4.jpg

Last of Us: End of Chapter 6

Yep, for those of you who played the game through you know where I'm going with this. For the rest who don't want to be spoiled, I'll keep it under the tab.

My god did this catch me off guard. The moment Ellie leaves the room during one of the last scenes of the chapter and Sam reveals the bite I literally put my face in my hands. This game gave light to the awful fact that if people are bitten in that world, they know that it's only a matter of time before they convert to the infected/ die. Knowing that a kid has to come to terms with it just made this an awful moment for me. But then it gets worse...

In the morning, when Ellie goes into the room to check on him and finds that he's infected his own brother is forced to shoot him to save her. Then, after realizing what he did he kills himself... this especially struck a cord with me seeing that I am an older brother as well. I... don't like to think how I would of handled the situation if I was put there. It really was one of the hardest moments to swallow in all my years of gaming.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day: 16 Saddest Moment.

You really keep bringing me back to Journey don't you?

Your 'death' at the end of the final level. I already went over that in the last day, but considering how the entire game makes your adventure feel more and more hopeless makes that final, brutal climb all the more heartbreaking when you finally break.

p8V9hMo.jpg?1

The ending of Batman: Arkham City

The Joker's dead. You'd think this would be a huge victory for Batman, but it almost seems like a failure. After everything the Joker has ever done, whether it be to Gotham City or Batman himself, Batman has always let him live. For Batman to let anyone die, it

is a failure to him, even if that one person was his arch nemesis. Batman even says in the closing scene that even after the hell the Joker put him through, had the antidote not been spilled onto the floor, he would have saved him. Batman carries Joker's lifeless body out into a crowd of his thugs, stunned and silent after realizing what just happened, and places the body on top of a police car in front of Commissioner Gordon. He walks away, and the screen fades to black.

The credits start to roll and you're still a little shocked that the Joker's actually gone, but a voice cuts off the music midway through the credits saying you have one missed message received hours ago. All you hear is Joker singing his twisted rendition of "Only You" in complete silence. The song tells the story of Batman and Joker's deep connection and how they were "destined" for each other. The song ends with a quiet little laugh from Joker, and then you are left with just you and your thoughts as the rest of the credits roll by. Its the perfect end for Batman and Joker's saga.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 16 - Most Tragic/Saddest Moment

THIS EVENT IN X AND Y

tumblr_inline_muu304ftOR1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu30pKUzW1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu312JdaF1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu31yHmlw1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu32xToab1qkmm41.jpg

AFTER DEFEATING THE ELITE 4

tumblr_inline_muu364Ur1A1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu3744m7B1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu37eSvFN1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu37srVP41qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu38aVXCl1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu395W8R41qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu39yLR5M1qkmm41.jpg

tumblr_inline_muu3abUn5C1qkmm41.jpg

1366641867651.jpg

I never expected this to happen in X and Y.

• Thumbs Up 8

Day 16 - Saddest/Most Tragic Moment

Ugh, okay fine, I'll just pick one.

Tales_of_Xillia_Cover.png

THE BEGINNING OF CHAPTER FOUR (JUDE'S SIDE) - TALES OF XILLIA

This one...hit me surprisingly hard. The Tales games are known for throwing a big game-changing curveball about halfway through the plot that usually comes with a big dose of feels. Chapter 3 provided a bit of a shake-up that made things more interesting, but I couldn't help but feel like that wasn't the best the game was going to hit me with. Well, actually, I knew it wasn't because a friend had told me things were going to get crazy beforehand. 

Let's just say I wasn't disappointed.

Warning: Spoiley McSpoils of Spoilopolis Resides Within

So the journey seems to have come to an end. The guy you thought to be the Big Bad was dead and the very object you came to destroy, The Lance of Kresnik, lies just waiting to be done away with. But someone springs a trap, the last line of defense keeping you from what you came for - and suddenly everything seems hopeless. But Milla, who believes herself to be the Lord of Spirits, decides to sacrifice herself to do away with the Lance of Kresnik once and for all, hopefully solving all other problems along with it.

That's not the sad part. All in all, it's a pretty generic Heroic Sacrifice scene, and honestly, we can tell that Milla's probably going to come back.

Then you learn that pretty much everything you've done up to this point is basically pointless.

The Schism, which has separated the world of Rieze Maxia from Elympios, is still there. Neither Alvin nor any of his comrades can go back home to Elympios, which was the whole reason why they wanted to kill Milla in the first place. But after all that, Milla turns out not to have been Maxwell at all, rendering her sacrifice essentially meaningless. Her "sister", Muzet, reveals herself to be a genocidal maniac, killing everyone who learned about the Schism. We actually see Jude staring up at her from a field of dead bodies as she explains with a cutesy smile that everyone who knew of the Schism must die.

The once calm and confident Jude becomes completely despondent, ruminating on everything that's just happened and refusing any food that's given to him. Leia is trying her best to keep Jude going, but to no avail. And Alvin...well...the first thing that we see him do after all this is walk up to Jude and point his gun directly at Jude's head, saying that Muzet promised he'll be able to go back home if he kills him. 

Jude just sits there and does nothing. He's lost pretty much any will he had. 

Leia catches on and tries to drag Jude away from the danger. Alvin runs after them while Jude is still practically catatonic, making no effort to avoid certain death. Finally, while trying to protect Jude, Leia gets shot in the back and falls down. I swear, I actually thought she had died. And then we see Alvin...legitimately horrified at what he has done, trying to say he didn't mean to.

And finally Jude just flies on him.

Honestly, I could probably have put this down for Favorite Moment, too. Tales of the Abyss has probably the best Tales story overall, but this moment definitely hit me the hardest. Though I loved the characters of Xillia, up to this point, the plot had left me somewhat underwhelmed. This, in one fell swoop, did away with that. I really hope Xillia 2 can keep the momentum going after this - the ending of Xillia really left me wanting more. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So it is no secret that I believe that Mass Effect 3's ending fucking ruined the game...hell the series for me. And yes, I still think the extended endings were bullshit too so don't bring that up. But everything else about 3 was intense and dramatic, but this scene got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmlMVmAeQdw

I did not get this scene but my roommate did. He was playing Mass Effect 2 without ever playing the first one so he kept killing Wrex because in the PS3 version's comic, it really kind of paints Wrex as a bad guy. Then Urdnot Wreav became the leader of the Krogan and that is when I kept emphasizing that if you allow the Krogan to reproduce, they are going to fuck up the galaxy. He brought up Eve, and I was like "Are you willing to gamble the fate of the galaxy on that? This guy has already openly claimed that he will lead the Krogan to galactic vengeance. You are a history buff? How did the Germans feel about the end of World War 1? Wreave is Hitler and I am pretty sure Hitler got all the pussy he ever could desire and he still carried out the Holocaust so what makes you think Wreave, a person who sees sex as nothing but reproduction for more soldiers, would give a fuck about appeasing a females? He won't wait for the rest of the galaxy to heal. " After much convincing, he set out to trick the Krogan to assist without curing the genophage while gaining Salarian assistance. Then this scene happened to him. No joke, my roommate was tripping. He could not bring himself to pull the trigger on Mordin, but he had to so he did. I pointed out to him that Mordin never uses pronouns so when he says, "I made a mistake!" It is out of character for him. He could not sleep because of his death

This isn't a moment in any game in specific, but rather about a community that has been built around a game.

The community, known to the people who are involved in it as RCC, has been around for about a year and a half now. I myself joined last April, but had been actively part of the community a little before that. It's based around Madden, where the goal was  "To have a fun, interactive Madden league with 32 actual human users who are committed to playing their games and not being jerks."

And that was really how the league was. There were a few times where some things were sour, but out of all of the leagues I had ever played in, this was the greatest one. I met a bunch of great people and the community was really involved with everything. The league produced so many different things, from videos like these (lots of swearing in these), to fun events and awesome prizes. Heck, I even ended up winning a trophy after making a run to the Super Bowl  in the 5th season (and getting blown out). 

WIN_20140517_004045_zps214587ee.jpg

My Year 5 Trophy, complete with my Reddit name and the team I guided.

The league was running fine until last December, when the commissioner left the league for personal reasons. He stated the league could run on its own, which was not the case. After he left, many people followed him. Most of them said that they were tired of the game (For those of you that have never played it, Madden 25 is terrible) and had wanted to leave for a while, but now that the commissioner left they felt that it was time for them to go too.

This was the first.. league crisis, I guess I can call it. For about 3 months, the other commissioners and myself went through about half of our waiting list, trying to find people to stabilize the league. We contemplated ending the league multiple times, and actually had settled on ending it after its 9th season. The old commissioner surprised us with his return in the 10th season, and suddenly everything was looking good for the future of the league.

At least, we thought it was. Some of the newer guys that had joined the league felt that the older members of the league made it too difficult to get used to the league. They thought that these members made the new guys feel unwelcome, which was partially true. Some of the guys never even tried to make friends with the newer people, immediately casting them aside before even getting a chance to chat with them.

The tension between members continued to build up, eventually leading to multiple arguments between members and a split between the chatroom used. Now, there are separate chatrooms for one group of people and another chatroom for the others.

With all of the problems that were happening, a few members decided to leave the league, including the old commissioner. He said he no longer could be apart of the league because of the hate crusade against him. After he told us this, we all decided that it might be best to shut down the league entirely after the conclusion of Season 10. It's difficult to do, though. The community was hands down the best one I had ever been involved with (at least, as good as SSMB's is wink.png ).

It's probably going to be one of the most difficult things I've had to do in recent memory (I'm currently serving as the head commissioner, so I get the duties of closing the league for good.) It's just a shame that it had to end this way, but as one member put it best, "The league feels more like a chore now than a game. The community is so dysfunctional and no one seems to enjoy anything about it anymore."

We still haven't officially announced that the league is ending at the end of the season, but most of the members seem to understand that this is going to be the end of it. It's really a shame, but all good things must come to an end.

If you want to check out the league, you can find it here: www.reddit.com/r/ConnectedCareers/