Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

I couldn't even find a picture of him that I was willing to dirty my imageshack account with so

1gp0.jpg

Diddy Kong.  I can't imagine a more unattractive concept for a character than a monkey in an ill-fitting tank top.  He just really annoys me, but mostly due to his repeated appearances as a playable character in the Mario series - while other franchises that sprouted from Mario like Yoshi and Wario get no secondary reps like Poochie or Captain Syrup.  At least Luigi gets King Boo.

This is kind of my "can't really justify it, just hate them" choice though, because I'm sure I could list off a whole load of well-written antagonists that genuinely made me hate their guts.  Carver from Season 2 of The Walking Dead, for example.

I hate Peach. All she ever does is get captured. When she's playable, she's annoying and no fun to play as, especially SSB. At least Daisy only got captured once, and Rosalina was actually helpful to you. But Peach? No. She's okay in Paper Mario games, but I treat that as a spin-off/sub-series, so I won't count that.

>8C  Relevant tumblr post

Even ignoring Paper Mario (which is dumb because the Mario games have no canon), in the main series she sends Mario 1-ups all the time in Galaxy, fights like hell to get out in 3D Land, and fights alongside in 3D World.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25: Least Favorite Character

I'm not even going to bother posting a picture of him. Hope from Final Fantasy XIII. Fuck him. Fuck the tired trope of whiny hopeless mommy's boys and fuck the fact that their existence is always justified by them having to have some sort of major game-changing importance.

He's so bad I'm exhausted just thinking of how bad he is.

Also fuck Ken Amada from Persona 3 too because he's the same thing except even more of a try hard.
  • Thumbs Up 7

I couldn't even find a picture of him that I was willing to dirty my imageshack account with so

1gp0.jpg

Diddy Kong.  I can't imagine a more unattractive concept for a character than a monkey in an ill-fitting tank top.  He just really annoys me, but mostly due to his repeated appearances as a playable character in the Mario series - while other franchises that sprouted from Mario like Yoshi and Wario get no secondary reps like Poochie or Captain Syrup.  At least Luigi gets King Boo.

This is kind of my "can't really justify it, just hate them" choice though, because I'm sure I could list off a whole load of well-written antagonists that genuinely made me hate their guts.  Carver from Season 2 of The Walking Dead, for example.

>8C  Relevant tumblr post

Even ignoring Paper Mario (which is dumb because the Mario games have no canon), in the main series she sends Mario 1-ups all the time in Galaxy, fights like hell to get out in 3D Land, and fights alongside in 3D World.

Bah. I still don't like her. I'll give her the fighting in 3D Land, but she was my least favorite character to play as in 3D World. Like Rosalina, she was too slow. I don't like her hair either. 3 instances of doing something in her entire series isn't a lot to brag about.

And I really like Diddy Kong. XDD

This one is a little difficult surprisingly considering I don't really "hate" characters, but grow completely apathetic to their existence. hmmm.

Bah. I still don't like her. I'll give her the fighting in 3D Land, but she was my least favorite character to play as in 3D World. Like Rosalina, she was too slow. I don't like her hair either. 3 instances of doing something in her entire series isn't a lot to brag about.

Fair enough, but the spin-offs still "count".  Of course, wasn't saying you're not allowed to dislike her, just that your reasoning given was unfair.  If we didn't count the spin-offs, Luigi would be little more than Mario clone to this day, but he's a beloved character by all.

• Thumbs Up 1

So if you know me, you already know who it's going to be.

Rush_eggman_nega.png

"It's just like the old days, reusing the boss, changing its color and pretending it is completely new."

Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country GBA

Anyone who's surprised by my choice gets zero free cookies.

Eggman Nega... I'm typically lenient on hated characters - it can be either a minor nitpick or I could just be indifferent to them, so it takes quite some doing to make a character I well and truly hate.

This guy managed to do that.

First of all - his design is, put bluntly, lazy. I mean, really lazy. This franchise is already the Grand Universal Punchline for recoloured character jokes, so we really, really don't need any official ones stinking up the place alongside Cinos the Hedgehog and friends. No, I don't care if he's Eggman from an alternate universe, I don't care if he's Eggman's descendant; taking a character's design, painting them differently and trying to justify it as "oh but they're Alternate!X from DA NEGAVERSE" is just lazy, and that kind of cliché's been done to death as is.

In fact, forgetting the Rivals games for a minute, let's think about the logic of Nega's creation back when Rush was the hot new game. Blaze the Cat is introduced, and she is obviously meant to be Sonic's counterpart (she uses fire, he (sorta) uses wind, their shoes are styled the same, their personalities are inverted from each other, they both use super forms etc.). However, Blaze's design, personality and abilities still allow her to be a stand alone character in her own right.

And then for Nega they just went "Let's take Eggman, but make him red and black with a visor and a white mustache and call him Eggman Nega 'cause he's from another universe!". So basically, Nega doesn't stand out well without Eggman.

Then there's his personality. Again, lazy. "Eggman, only more evil, less goofy and insane" is about the apex of his personality. As a reminder, this game came out in 2005 - by that time, Eggman was always getting aped as the final boss in favour of reject Godzilla monsters. So having what amounts to "The Superior Spider Man Eggman" kinda twists the knife more. Then the Rivals games make him usurp Eggman as the final boss and by that point they might as well be asking "would you like salt with that, sir?".

I mean give G1 Skywarp and Thundercracker some credit, they may be Black Starscream and Blue Starscream, but at least the various depictions of them try to give them personality beyond "Starscream, only even more of a lying, backstabbing bastard". Plus they actually have a practical reason to be Starscream palette swaps from a meta point of view.

Not to mention, making him less goofy makes him boring - without Eggman's ham, childish tantrums and other quirks, he's just your typical generic mad scientist. And who wants that? So not only does he make Eggman inferior by supposedly being the worse of the two, but he also manages to make a guy named Eggman boring. BLAH.

I'm sure I have more things to say about him, but there ya go. Point is, he should be removed and Blaze should get a more original arch enemy. Make it the Deadly Six, I dunno, just don't make it Not!Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25 - Characters that Make Mambo Annoyed - aka Least Favourite

I'm going to take this as " characters you dislike", rather than "a character that's a favourite of yours, but less so than x..." tongue.png

The Almighty Raisin, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Almighty_Raisin.jpg

My first reaction to seeing this was "what the hell?" and my reaction is still the same. I'm all for Oddworld's diversity when it comes to character design, but this was an odd turn. It wasn't funny at all, even though it was trying very hard to be and in any case, the Mudokons already had an established spiritual leader in Bigface, who mysteriously disappeared. I'm not sure if Bigface had to be removed if someone complained, for example... but IMO this character is a massive Native American stereotype anyway. Listen to how the guy talks! Another "joke" is that the Raisin falls asleep when it is just about to divulge something of great importance to Abe and Munch... much to Abe's obvious frustration. Again, it's really not funny and what made Abe's Oddysee so good was that Abe grew as a character with the aid of Bigface (and the temple trials of course). This Almighty Raisin character is a terrible plot device to move the character to the next area and is an awful, awful joke.

Princess Elise, Sonic 06

0.jpg

I'm sure most people already know how awful this character is, but yeah... biggrin.png I really dislike the character's design and how weird it looks compared to Sonic and his buddies, and storywise I really dislike just how weak this character is. I find it a bit offensive, if I am honest. Women in games shouldn't be portrayed like this. I can understand a storyline about how a 17 year old Princess doesn't want to be a ruler and wants to do normal 17 year old girl stuff, but did it have to come down to the "I can't cry/Sonic helped me become free" angsty nonsense? What was wrong with a boisterous princess escaping the palace to do badass things herself and she comes across Sonic by chance? We've seen such character writing with Princess Jasmine in Disney's Aladdin, Sonic XTreme's Tiara was going to be like this, and presumably nuArchie's Sally will be like this, too. Ugh, what a mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair enough, but the spin-offs still "count".  Of course, wasn't saying you're not allowed to dislike her, just that your reasoning given was unfair.  If we didn't count the spin-offs, Luigi would be little more than Mario clone to this day, but he's a beloved character by all.

Well, I shouldn't have worded it as not counting, I guess. It's just, she's so different and likeable in Paper Mario that I kind of consider her a separate character... Or something. IDK. tongue.png

Day 25 - Least Favorite Character

Since DmC's Dante was mentioned already, I'm going to have to go with sloppy seconds here.

So we're a good bit since DmC's announcement. Everything they've shown of the game has been....underwhelming to put it lightly. However, out of the blue, it's announced that their own interpretation of Vergil would be in this game. You know what, Vergil was a pretty cool guy, and with how well he was portrayed in DMC3, they surely can't fuck him up, right? Right?

YEBSlXP.png

Yeah tell everyone on r/NephilimsRightsAssociation that I said hi.

Now my qualm here isn't with his design, because honestly it's probably one of the less offensive ones DmC had to offer, even if his model is plastered with a stupid fucking grin no matter what he's saying or doing. It's the fact that this important character in their supposed "advancement in the storytelling of video games that will rival film and literature" (I still can't fucking believe they said that about this trite) is handled with absolutely no subtlety at all, and can't decide what he wants to be from scene to scene. He's initially presented as being the leader of the rebellion against Mundus' rule, wanting to help Dante realise who he is and what he can do. Okay, it's a bit different to how he was portrayed in the original series, but you know what, it's a reboot. But then they decide fuck that, let's actually have him be a huge prick and want to throw the life of someone who has been a big help to him so far, and shoot a fucking pregnant woman through the fucking body and then give her a moment to realise what's happened before offing her too. Wow, what a fucking prick. Oh but now like 2 or 3 cutscenes later he's laughing and joking with Dante.....making remarks that he has a bigger dick.....to his brother.....that's fucking gross. And then they're just shown getting along and helping each other out even though Dante called him out on both of the afromentioned clearly evil actions that didn't even happen all that long ago. After that, the "twist" that Vergil was a bad guy and wanted to rule over everything comes out. Man, that sure would've been a shocking twist if you didn't already show that he was a huge fucking asshole. I get it, those scenes were meant to be foreshadowing but they hid it so poorly that the "twist" could've been seen coming from half the game away. After that point, Vergil gets his own DLC. Maybe he'll have his chance to redeem himself there.....or he'll just spend the entire time whinging about how no one likes him just because he wanted to take over the world and rule over the humans that are so stupid despite them helping him get where he was. He is a poor excuse for a villain both when compared to the old Vergil and in his own right.

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 25: Least Favourite Character 

DMC-Dantes.png

Yay, I've got an excuse to say how much I hate this shitstain.

DmC: Devil May Cry's Dante

DmC's Dante is just a completely unlikeable prick. The game expects you to think he's a cool guy, but in reality he's nowhere close. He's just insufferable. Adding on to the fact that he's such an unlikeable character in his own right, we went from a cool badass dude who was so entertaining and fun as a character to this piece of trash? God fucking no. The comparison just adds salt to the wound. DmC is just an unnecessary and trash reboot in general (what with dumbed-down gameplay with not that much depth, wubtastic soundtrack and this prick I've been talking about), and this character is one of the worst aspects of it. 

This video really explains it in a much more intelligent way then I can. Fuck this Dante and everything he stands for. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 25 - Least Favourite Character

Baby_Mario_45d6ab5dd6022.jpg

Baby Mario

Why does this character exist? No, seriously. Why? Plot? Screw that. This character is the most annoying and useless character in the Mario franchise. In the Yoshi's Island games all you do is return Baby Mario to his parents. He doesn't do much. Sure, you can argue that in Yoshi's Island DS (I think) he could get a cape and run along walls, but that didn't do anything. He never helped fight bosses or enemies. And that's understandable. He's a fucking baby. I do not see the reason for this character's existence. The only thing memorable about him is his loud, annoying cry. You can say that he had a more important and useful role in the Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, but that's a different series and he only appears once. Everywhere else I just see this guy as an annoyance, and there's absolutely nothing likable about this character. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Also let me get this straight once and for all, you don't need 3 hands. THIS is how you hold a N64 controller, depending on the game.

iwata_sinpunish_content_01.jpg

Not, THIS uncomfortable mess that people keep thinking it's supposed to be.

Just going to point out that that "uncomfortable mess" was required if you wanted to play any game that wasn't designed with the N64 as the lead platform without compromising the controls (you were boned for almost any racing game "serious" enough to have a manual transmission option, for example). Which by the time the Saturn died basically had become "all of them that Nintendo themselves didn't make."

Which is also probably a reason why most games designed around the PSX controller stopped coming out on the N64 at all.

Pokémon-Dunsparce

dunsparce.jpg

Out of all the Pokémon in existence, he's the only one I don't like. It's supposed to be a "Bee Snake" but it's a Normal Type and its design wouldn't really tell you this outside of it being yellow. Maybe if it got an evolution that improves about its design, I would like it better. Until then, after catching one of them to get its Pokédex Entry, it will continue to stay in the Pokémon Storage System.

Least Favourite Character

Colonel? I've got Emma Emmerich here... we've managed to avoid drowning!

emma_emmerich_by_billym12345-d3dfpjs.png

MGS2 had it's fair share of weird characters, but Emma Emmerich was so fucking pointless. Even more annoying than Raiden in this game. She doesn't do anything! All she does is whine about how her brother, Hal (Otacon) abandoned her.

Her gameplay consists of her holding hands with Raiden as he leads her, helps her walk (she can't walk properly due to drugs) which is painfully slow going, and then swimming with Raiden. This is followed by more walking-hand holding until you reach the bottom of Strut E, and then as Emma tries to make her way across the bottom of the Strut, Vamp appears and stabs her in the back. THANK GOD!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay that's mean, but she is just so miserable, whiny and her only purpose is to input a data disc that screws with Arsenal Gear - which she does - and then she dies in Otacon's arms. Her whole sequence barely lasts 30 minutes. Apart from a brief mention in MGS4 she is never spoken of again. Her cutscenes are cringeworthy and her codec conversations are painful to listen to. She even manages to get on Raiden's nerves once or twice.

She was a pointless character who was created conveniently for a lame plot point. Hell, even Peter Stillman (the bomb expert who gets blown up by Fatman) had a more interesting personality and backstory. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Years ago, I would have had a straight away answer and that was Amy Rose from the Sonic series however for the past couple of years, I have warmed up regarding her character towards tolerable levels (a character that I either don't like or don't dislike, more like the middle) so it is again hard for me to come with a character. One reason is because I don't remember characters very well, I either really like them (e.g. Sonic, Robotnik, Sly Cooper, Mario, Donkey Kong, Ratchet & Clank) or straight down the middle not having much opinion about it. Meh could be the response to the latter if it does sound a bit harsh considering the time that the artists and the designers come up with the characters. Now many disliked characters that are already mentioned I can't really relate since on the grounds of not having the game (even though I definitely would prefer Dante than the reboot Donte in terms of characterisation and character design) or haven't played the game yet to personally judge.

So it is going to be between Baby Mario and the Shopkeeper from Star Fox Adventures. A part of me is even tempted to say Shadow the Hedgehog however I liked his voice in Sonic Heroes and he was okay in Sonic Adventure 2.

Merchant.jpg

(You don't have enough scarabs to view this page, get out!)

This fellow. While Baby Mario might have an annoying cry and can be a bit of a chore to find him again in Yoshi's Island, in the storyline without him Mario wouldn't be around and in spinoff games he can be skipped as a character. The Shopkeeper however is part of the game and pretty much needed to complete the game. He is very rude, mean spirited and written in the game to be unlikeable, even though rude characters can be made likeable depending on the context. His rudeness and behaviour is one reason why I consider him one of my least favourite characters. Star Fox Adventures had some characters that I felt were sort of interesting but not appealing such as Krystal and Tricky however even though it has been 12 years since I've played the game, I can still remember the Shopkeeper and not as a positive.

Another reason why he is one of my least favourite characters is his voice, it sounded annoying with his tone and it sounds a bit like a stereotypical Arabian merchant mixed with an English accent like someone is mocking it.

The character design is actually quite decent however the price tag on his chest looks a bit tacky though.

Only plus about him is that he offers you some parts to get the game down however he could have stolen these items considering some of them belong to their original owners (Fox, Tricky).

• Thumbs Up 3

Mind you, Yukari and her bullshit come close, but Aigis' spotlight hogging really annoyed me in Persona 3. Not to mention The Answer and the fact that she's so oil dumb as a playable character. Most of the time she doesn't even attack, and when she does, it's always "I WONT MISSSSSSSSS" and then she misses. What's also annoying is the constant "I NEED UR HALP", etc.

23zPNZu.png

Well, choosing a character was surprisingly easy. It has to be N from Pokémon Black and White.

rT1JsdC.png

I already talked a bit about it on the Pokémon topic, so I'll try to not repeat myself.

For starters, who is N? Well, with Pokémon Black/White Gamefreak decided to start caring a bit more about the games narrative, so they decided to create a certain major character called N (or Natural Harmonia Gropius, but that's fucking stupid) with his own subplot.

Basically, N was raised by Pokémon since he was a child and never interacted with humans until much later.

Just a few minutes into your adventure you meet him and right off the bat he starts talking about how he wants to "liberate" Pokémon. He keeps talking about how humans hurt Pokémon and shit like that and then asks if you agree with him. Fuck, no I don't agree with him. For 4 generations of games and anime you are told about how people and Pokémon live in harmony working together, living together and even battling, a thing that Pokémon actually enjoy doing and then this dude shows up babbling about separating Pokémon from humans even after seeing many examples of this two coexisting in peace.

Like I already said, he was raised by Pokémon, if there is anyone who should understand the relationship between humans and Pokémon it should be him.

And the worst part about all this is that N is a fucking hypocrite. He actually uses Pokémon to fight (even if he releases them after) and during the final battle he says that he is willing to let his Pokémon get hurt to fulfill his "plan".

• Thumbs Up 3

Least Favorite Character

GcXWO6s.jpg

Piplup just enrages me. I get ticked off just looking at him. 

First of all, his design is ugly and unimaginative. He looks like he could have come out of a Nick Jr. show. He's basically "Blue Penguin". I know you could say the same thing for a lot of other Pokemon, but Piplup manages to be incredibly unappealing looking alongside that. D/P's Pokemon designs were some of the worst, and Piplup is a shining example of that.

Maybe I'm just a bitter Pikachu fanboy, but I remember when Diamond and Pearl were still the newest set of games, this asshole was everywhere. They prioritized Piplup not only over every other D/P Pokemon, but they had the gall to try to push him over Pikachu, of all Pokemon, as the new series Mascot.

Forget that old, washed up Pikachu! Piplup is the way of the future! Let's give him a shit-ton of screentime in the anime, Dawn's favorite and only-ever-used Pokemon, multiple ending themes, a special all to himself, a shit-ton of merchandise, and have him be the third most important character in PokePark, making him the whole reason the plot even happens in the first place, with the most dialogue, a broken, incredibly hard battle against him, the honor of being the only Pokemon who's entire evolutionary line have important roles in the story, a force field preventing you from attacking him in the overworld like all the other Pokemon, and the only supporting character to show up in the sequel!

And it's not like any of the Piplups that showed up were likable in any capacity. Anime Piplup was a stuck up asshole and PokePark Piplup had the personality of wet paint, and the battle against him is one of the hardest in the game because he keeps spamming you with the same attack over and over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah...hm...you know, there are few characters in video games I feel any genuine bile for. Even the ones I happen not to like in one game can be written quite well in another, or perhaps become decent in my eyes once character development ensues. With that in mind...I want to go with this really, really pretentious (and also really, really predictable) answer, but first, I'm going to look through my game collection to see if there's anything better I can think of.

OH, okay! Perfect!

X8_Axl_bustshot.jpg

AXL - MEGA MAN X

Kill it. Kill it now.

Okay, so, maybe this still falls into the "became okay later on" category, but even though Mega Man X8 made him significantly less terrible, I still can't say I really liked him. Axl is basically a whiny, obnoxious-as-all kid with some of the most loathsome voice acting I've heard in all of my years. Just listen to this garbage and tell me it doesn't make you cringe. Also, that was the best video I could find to demonstrate just how horrifyingly unlistenable the voice acting is. Most of the cutscenes of Mega Man X7 have been uploaded in Japanese. Yeah, I wonder why?

To add insult to injury, Axl is actually meant as the replacement protagonist for Mega Man X himself, who decided in X7 that he was too much of a wuss to fight anymore. Yeah, wait, what's the game called again? Oh yeah, Mega Man X. And who is that taking the center stage on the box? Mega Man Fracking X. I buy a Mega Man X game expecting to play as Mega Man X (or Zero), not Generic Whiny Boisterous Bishonen #12732173892173981739. AND YEAH, SURE, Zero's still in the game, but he's hardly even playable because the level design hates him and wants him to die. They want you to play as Axl. They want you to love Axl as much as possible. The entire story is all about Axl, it's all AXL AXL AXL.

This game is not about Mega Man X or Zero, this game is all about the stupid breakout character that no one likes. And why? Why do people think somehow that replacing the protagonists we're used to with whiny kids with not a single likable trait to their name is going to make things fresh or interesting? It's like they completely misunderstood why people were getting tired of Mega Man X in the first place. It was because the series was going downhill fast, not because the characters were getting stale. And it's not like Mega Man X7 did anything to curb the "going downhill" thing, either - gameplay-wise, it was an almost Sonic 06ian abomination to all that is good and just in this world.

Let's just say Axl didn't help.

(WHY DO MY POSTS KEEP GETTING DOUBLE-SPACED >8C)

2411861-zw_acb_2012_desmond_1.png

Desmond Miles - Assassins Creed

One of the most unlikeable game protagonists in recent memory. He is set as the main continuing plot point for the games and yet he was nothing but a whiny teen who blamed the world for his own problems. And the moments you were forced to play as him instead of Altair, Ezio etc... some of the more dull, boring gameplay levels I have ever played. There was no interesting world, no interesting characters; just walking around doing nothing.

At first I thought the whole Animus thing; it was a cool sci-fi idea and I loved the concept of a character living three different lifetimes over a short period of time and his mind breaking down from the strain. Quickly, however, it became clear that the whole "present" story was a drain on the game. Nobody cared about Desmond or the others with him; the best part of Assassins Creed was the historical aspect. Even the Templar-Assassin conflict was conveyed much better in the "past" sequences. I wish they had ditched that angle, or made it just short cutscenes. One of the things Black Flag did right was to remove Desmond-like characters entirely - the "present" story is instead passed through a nameless protagonist, which works well to put the focus on the characters we actually wanted to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: The Day That Nearly Got Soma Ranting Again (Warning, spoilers for FFX)

r7uas8.jpg

Tidus, from Final Fantasy X

There are perhaps worse characters, I'm aware, but I've found few characters I loathe as much as the Blitzball champ there. If ever I would accuse a company of intentionally engineering a character to irritate, here he is: infinitely whining, painfully obvious with every observation, a genuine threat to the well-being of his companions, horrifically disrespectful to established culture for the sake of his own stupidity, completely oblivious to his own lack of contribution or worth to his party, terrifyingly callous to the potential deaths of thousands or millions of people, and, most of all, painfully, painfully lucky. You see, by the end of the story he was right to do almost all of these things. He was right to completely defile sacred tradition; not because he had any epiphany or revelation prior, but because oh hey, it just so turns out it was all evil anyways! Good one, Tidus! He was right to blindly put the lives of millions at risk by depriving Spira of the Final Aeon because hey, even though countless warriors have tried and failed to defeat Sin, the random Blitzball player and his buddies sure can!

This character is an utter blackhole of awful storytelling. He gambles with peoples' lives on a regular basis and comes out unscathed; not because of his cunning, but because the plot so happens to favor him. And for the record, it was Tidus I was thinking of days ago when I was writing up my disdain for the "hero trades away the world" plot point. This man is poison.

Runners Up:

• Entire Main Cast of Final Fantasy XIII, for basically doing the same as the above but later
  • Entire Cast of Other M for reasons obvious to everyone
  • Demise, from Skyward Sword, for upsetting years worth of games for shock value
  • Thumbs Up 5

Oh, and then Animal Crossing enters the fray...

Day 25: Least Favorite (I don't hate him... I just don't like his existence...)  Character

ieds9e.png

Animal Crossing: Tom fucking Nook

"No"... a term Tom Nook just doesn't know... or proper business management. I know he's needed for the entirety of Animal Crossing to function but he just comes off as an unnecessarily stupid way to do so. If I don't want to add on to my house after I pay off a debt I should have that option. Not with this guy though! He'll do it anyway and pretend you agreed to it and love it as a result. He even jokes about it in some cases. It also doesn't help that he's one (if not the only) way to gain currency in this game. But what makes it worse for me is that he (visually) doesn't seem like the kind of character who would do this kind of crap. When I first saw him he seemed like someone who just wanted to help... but then he started talking...

He's one of the worst kinds of people. Someone who says they're helping (might even know they're not) but, in actuality, are only making things worse. Even when you say no they continue to hinder you. And when you think you're just about done with the problem they come back to make it even worse than it was before. I don't know why that punching bag gets all the mess in SSB when Nook here would of easily sufficed.

This tanuki is literally the worst arrangement of polygons I've ever had the displeasure of seeing on my screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Entire Cast of Other M for reasons obvious to everyone

Um, not me? I haven't played Other M, so I would love to know why.

489783-back-to-the-future-the-game-episo

Biff from Back to the Future: The Game. He's that douchebag-looking asshole on the left in case you didn't know.

I was watching Discoid play this game and oh my god some of the characters are so loud and yappy. Completely unlikeable. Especially Biff, jesus fuck. His sole purpose is just stopping you from doing anything and turning the scene into a puzzle of how-to-make-this-guy-gtfo. You want to pick up a guitar? NOPE, BIFF SHOVES YOU TO ONE SIDE AND TAKES IT. You want to pick up a book? NOPE, BIFF SAW IT FIRST. You're willing to pay him for it? NOPE, HE STILL WANTS TO KEEP THE FUCKING BOOK EVEN THOUGH IT MEANS NOTHING TO HIM JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT IT.

He is an obnoxious prick and I hate him. :I

• Thumbs Up 2