Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

I'll just say a character which comes to mind instantly, since I oddly can't think of a character specifically outside of the obvious choices within the Sonic franchise, lawl.

lotrubbish_by_scythemantis-d4wybzf.png

Look at this ugly ass Pokemon. Trubbish, introduced in generation five, is probably one of the most horrifically designed Pokemon and concepts to ever but farted out of the designer's brain. A fucking living garbage bag with rubbish being used as its limbs does not only go against the idea that Pokemon are creatures and animals that are alive, but is also pretty disgusting as an idea. And once he evolves? Oh no, he doesn't clean up his act. They just increase the amount of rubbish so that it explodes and overflows into a garbage monster that's even worse to look at. LOOKING AT HIM MAKES ME MAD RRRRGGHHH

• Thumbs Up 3

• Entire Cast of Other M for reasons obvious to everyone

Umm, I would like to say Anthony is the exception to that, not by a ton, but he is quite the cool guy with a big gun, and like the only survivor

Day 25: Least Favourite Character

I had a lot of problems with this last time because there are few characters I could truly say I hate... But then I started playing Phantasy Star Online 2! :V

pso2-claris.jpg

Claris Claes (romanization pending)

Look at her! Isn't she a cutie? Doesn't she looks like the character you'd want to hug and protect and be her oniisama? She looks to be designed to be that kind of character right?

Well the fanart kinda lies a bit... She's a brat.

Claris Claes isn't her real name, that's a name which is inherited to the only ARKS member who can wield the Genesis Weapon Clarissa (in layman terms: infinity+1 Magic Rod). And since she got chosen among thousands and thousands of ARKS to have the title she figured out that makes her very special snowflake, which she proceeds to use to treat anyone like trash.

She never admits fault for anything, she demands you to admire her, to praise her. she disobeys most of the orders her superiors give her and spends the time loafing around, she gets into frequent fights with other members of the Council of Six (the figureheads of the organisation) and the time Dark Falz was unsealed and started to attack the ARKS fleet? She slept through it!

To add insult to this your character can't do anything against her, since you are kinda idealized as the perfect hero guy in the game you can't react negatively to her, you can only cover in fear whenever she threatens you to blow you to pieces (for no real reason). At least there is a mission where if you do exceptionally well you get to beat the crap out of her. :V

SPOILERS AHOY!

Having said that, I got this feeling that I'm going to feel like an ass for everything I said here because I heard the last Matter Board wrecks her.

Something, something, Cloning blues... Also, the previous Claris is still alive and she has the real Genesis Weapon.

And there is this one:

pso2-monika.jpg

Monica

PSO2 has a... Somewhat tolerable Weapon Grinding mechanic, you can upgrade your weapon with items called grinders and you have a certain chance of success that keeps decreasing as the grinding level and weapon star rating raises, if a weapon fails to grind it could be just lost meseta or weapons degrading themselves by 1 to 3 levels, so the weapon isn't lost forever like in the most Korean extreme games out there but people still had reasons to be pissed off at the grinding lab guy.

pso2-dodo.jpg

The guy in question is called Dudu and as you can see, his face screams Douche. He greets you with a hearty laugh and proceeds to express slight, almost mocking disappointment whenever he messes up a weapon (or that's as far as he sounds, most English speaking players probably don't understand a word of what he says). This sprung his memetic reputation and also ended up creating certain vitrol between players and him.

After some mulling Sakai decided to "address" (he obviously just did it because he thought it would be funny) to this complaints by adding Monica! Unlike Dudu, Monica is a cute, clumsy girl who is prone to accidents and apologizes a lot for those... The idea was that since she had no ill intentions towards the players, they couldn't get mad to her, she's doing her best!

Well, it kinda backfired, while people learned to like Dudu and his trollish antics Monica is simply... Stupid... And has that very very high pitched voice cute Japanese characters tend to have and you hear it over and over again everytime you fail (and when you succeed as well), the dialogue is a lot longer as well so the agonizing noise traveling to your ears doesn't go away so easily.

I don't think anyone actually bothers to have the sound on when they grind items but if they did, I gotta admire whoever can stand Monica for more than a minute.

But yeah, she somehow manages to be even more annoying than the original grinding guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25: Least Favorite Character

(Just to avoid confusing whoever is keeping track of everyone's post count in here, there's no missing posts or anything from me. I decided to stop after Day 20 and take the Playstation badge, but when I saw this question I HAD to answer it, xP   )

tumblr_lwi2kjS7LC1r8drb9o1_500.png

Fucking. Fi. I just simply can’t stand her. You know how the internet loves to pretend Navi from Ocarina of Time was way worse than she actually was? Well, Fi IS that bad. No, WORSE, because at least Navi would actually shut up for long periods of time. Not only is Fi constantly reminding you of your objectives, she has to constantly point out the incredibly obvious, even going as far as completely repeating information that was literally just given to you. So if someone tells you “Oh hey the entrance to the dungeon is on top of that hill over there” Fi will immediately chime in with “Master, there is a 97% chance that the entrance to the dungeon is on top of that hill over there.”  Either the game’s writers thought there was something comedic about this (there isn’t) or they thought they better take precautions on the off chance that a player somewhere might have the memory of a retarded goldfish.

But it’s not just that, oh no. Are you on a pirate ship that’s currently being torn apart by giant tentacles? Well don’t worry, because Fi is here to tell you that something just might be attacking the ship and that you are in danger! Are you fighting a boss with a giant obvious weak spot? Once again, Fi will be more than happy to confirm for you that the giant obvious weak spot is indeed a giant obvious weak spot. Is the game beeping at you due to low health? So long as your Wiimote speaker is on, Fi will beep to let you know that the game is beeping at you! Is the low battery symbol flashing on your screen? Fi will be more than happy to pause the game for you and tell you that the batteries are almost dead!

This is why I simply can’t stand her. She only exists to tell the player super obvious information whether you want it or not. It ties into the problems I have with Skyward Sword as a whole, but that’s another post for another time. It’s just that the game itself already lets you know exactly what you’re supposed to be doing and how to do it at all times, so Fi is only regurgitating the same information back at you countless times over. As an actual character, eh, I guess she’s no Jar Jar Binks, but her only defining personality trait is that she has no personality, so there’s not really anything for me to praise there.

And to be honest…I think she’s kinda ruined the Master Sword for me a little. Before Skyward Sword, the Master Sword was that kick-ass legendary blade that only the worthiest of heroes could wield, hand-picked by the gods themselves. And it still IS, but I now also have the knowledge that it used to be my most hated character in the Zelda universe (and technically still might be).

What better way to close this off than with a video that I think completely 110% accurately sums up why Fi sucks?

• Thumbs Up 5

Joshua (Runaway)

Good heavens this guy is annoying. His design is unlookable (there are guys who can look good with socks and sandals, and Joshua is NOT one of them), his voice is ear grating, his "hints" are so vague, and in the plot he is an unbelievable nuisance.

Chapter 4 exists only because the dumbass ate some fruits that gave him amnesia right before he can say the secret password to enter the building. When we finally give him the cure, what does he do?

He traps himself in the middle of a lake.

1_zps892bb3bb.png

2_zpsef1e7738.png

3_zpsa898361f.png

I feel for you, Brian Basco.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm, this question is actually really hard, I can't think of any characters who I actively hate or even dislike.

I think I am going to have to go with...Demise I think.

He just really isnt as loveable as Ganondorf for the main villain of the game and I was quite disappointed that he was replaced by Demise. Plus he hardly actually did anything in the actual game, with Girahim doing all the work. he is literally there to be the last boss, again something which Girahim felt more satisfying the beat considering he had been your enemy for the whole game. But yeah I dislike him, im not really sure why, but he really did just come out of nowhere and replace the series villian.

Day 25-Least Favorite Character

lightningart1.jpg

Lightning-Final Fantasy series

Go home Toriyama, stop trying to force this bland character as the most important one in the Final Fantasy series. She's a girl Cloud without much of the any redeeming qualities. Though the newer games like to make Cloud seem like a robot, the original FF 7 depiction actually had light moments, and he grew as a character as he was faced with life changing revelations. As Lightning goes on, she just seems to get MORE robotic and boring; culminating in Returns where God literally takes away her emotion. Who in the hell thought anyone would care about that? Barely anyone cared after XIII. She got her happy ending, despite being a pretty crap character. Ok, good, now make a new Final Fantasy. Instead we get a sequel that focuses entirely on trying to find her, while she farts around waxing faux philosophical. Then the third game she becomes the Messiah, and then basically God. Just stop, no more of this awful character.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 25: NO GO AWAY.

I was gonna echo what I said last year and say Hope from Final Fantasy XIII...but somehow I managed to find someone...or rather, some people that pissed me off even more...

time-and-eternity-review-3-2706038747898

REN'S LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER(S): EVERYBODY IN TIME AND ETERNITY

Fuck. This. Game. Fuck. These. Characters.

This is easily my least favorite game to come out last year...actually it's one of the worst damn games I've ever played. Shoddily put together with extremely noticeable animation glitches, dumb visuals, and crappy gameplay.

But that's not even the WORST part of the game. The WORST part is the shitty excuse for a cast of characters. It's like they took every annoying anime trope and made that the only part of the personality.

For example, let's take (one half of) our heroine, Toki. She's your typical nice girl who's also very submissive. The other half, Towa, is silent and cold with a bit of a dere-dere side to her. And that's it. There's not a damn thing else about their character except for that.

Zack, the "hero" of the story, is completely unlikable. Now I'm pretty lenient when it comes to characters (for example, I don't think DmC Dante is that bad...) but it took me all of the first 15 minutes of the game to completely despise looking at him. 15 minutes. I mean, I went through about 15 hours of FF13 before I got tired of Hope, but 15 minutes. The straw that broke the camel's back?

ss-124.jpg

Yeah...that's exactly what you think to yourself after saving your bride-to-be from being assassinated...fuckwad.

But anyways, Zack is someone who thinks with nothing but his dick. Even near the end of the game, he still sounds like a sleazeball.

And I can't leave off the minor characters, because they're even more one-dimensional. You don't even need names. All you need to know is that one's a rich snob that likes to rub it in your face, one can't stop thinking of boys for more than like two minutes, and the other one's clumsy and has big boobs. That's all to their characters. They're so paper-thin that you couldn't see anything if you turned it sideways.

If you haven't heard of this game, you're lucky. Don't play this. Don't even look in its general vicinity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Least Favourite Character

sprite-machi.gif

Machi Tobaye-Apollo Justice

Now while this series has a host of annoying clients, this is downright frustrating. He's blind and linguistically challenged so communication was rather limited. And then the game itself rubs your nose in the fact he could not have fired the gun due to heavy recoil..and he's still the suspect? Could'nt they have come up with a more believeable suspect?! Like from the rest of the Gavinners? etc. Remember how he's blind and knew no english? All lies. You have to force it out of him cos' they have to keep up the act even in LEGAL binds. urgh. They only thing he needed to hide was the smuggling. Like the last client, him being rude was part of his personality and had some grounded reason. This case was stupid and the suspect was too. The only reason I played this case was for the Music Video (slightly) and to reach the next case which is the best in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: Black Doom (Shadow the Hedgehog)

CG_Blackdoom.jpg

There's this idea I like called "subtlety" which is basically that an audience should be trusted with some level of ability to make judgement for themselves.  When you call your character "Black Doom" and give him claws, blood-red horns, a voice that makes Dr. Claw sound like Barry Gibb and a cultish robe, you may as well just save your artists the trouble and just give him a necklace that says "I'm the bad guy."  There's room for creatures like this and it's in campy stuff like DOOM or Army of Darkness, but you'd have to be some kind of uber-hack to actually write one as a serious character.

I'll just say a character which comes to mind instantly, since I oddly can't think of a character specifically outside of the obvious choices within the Sonic franchise, lawl.

lotrubbish_by_scythemantis-d4wybzf.png

Look at this ugly ass Pokemon. Trubbish, introduced in generation five, is probably one of the most horrifically designed Pokemon and concepts to ever but farted out of the designer's brain. A fucking living garbage bag with rubbish being used as its limbs does not only go against the idea that Pokemon are creatures and animals that are alive, but is also pretty disgusting as an idea. And once he evolves? Oh no, he doesn't clean up his act. They just increase the amount of rubbish so that it explodes and overflows into a garbage monster that's even worse to look at. LOOKING AT HIM MAKES ME MAD RRRRGGHHH

I find outlandish Pokemon like Trubbish and Vanilluxe make more sense in the context that Pokemon are not based solely on animals but mythological creatures from Shinto mythology.  Part of animist philosophy is that most if not all objects and concepts carry a soul of some sort and Trubbish really isn't really any more bizarre than many historic Japanese Yokai.

Day 25 - Least Favourite Character.

I don't really hate or dislike any character that I can think of off the top of my head, like what others seem to have so far in the thread.

But a current least favourite, would be one I can't name because he is one of the standard bad guys from Shinobi 3DS, so you fight many of him. Let's call him 'Annoying Knife Guy' or AKG. Well AKG is so irritating/annoying because he takes cheap shots constantly, and is quite tough (in relative terms) to dispatch of in comparison with his other evil comrades. More so when he is working together with one of the aforementioned comrades. He throws his knife for the most part, and you can jump to avoid, or whatever - after jumping though, don't try to attack him from above, otherwise he does his sneaky/evil and cheap - knife uppercut type attack. With often can mean death dependant on the situation.

Watch this video to see him in action - at the very beginning he is the second enemy featured - FYI he can do a lot more than what he probably does in this video.

Day 25

Aigis_Idle_Stance.gif

Mind you, Yukari and her bullshit come close, but Aigis' spotlight hogging really annoyed me in Persona 3.

tumblr-mxgnyxjlb21sh43kgo1-500.gif

I couldn't even find a picture of him that I was willing to dirty my imageshack account with so

1gp0.jpg

Diddy Kong.

Oh, thank goodness.

I thought for a second you were talking about Kirby. I already fell off my chair once thanks to Jin. I almost did it again. The people in the library are looking at me weird.

Day 25: Least Fav. Character -

The following contains heavy spoilers for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, you've been warned.

Witch-and-the-Hundred-Knights-pic-3.jpg

Totopepe & Lucchini

art-011_zps75a94194.jpg

I hate Totopepe more than Lucchini, but I couldn't find the official art of him, so I figured I'd bunch the two bastar- ...err...characters together, showing a pic of Lucchini.

There is actually only one character I can think of, who I truly dislike because of how they act, and that's Adell, from Disgaea 2.

The reason I hate these two, is because of what they do. I've mentioned in previous days how this game features a number of backstabbing and that son-of-a-bitch Lucchini was one of the major ones.

He first meets Metallia, claiming to be a fan of witches and wants to learn more about them and magic. He basically asks to be her apprentice. She was reluctant at first, but if he could help her, then she'd think about it. Metallia needed a special plant that could only grow when the village Lucchini lives in, is not expressing fear. Unfortunately, it's surrounded by sand monsters, so that was very unlikely. Lucchini claims he can still get one, and we all go our separate ways and wait for the results.

Meanwhile, much earlier than that, when Visco first found herself in the swamp, she was accompanied by two knights and an unassuming and harmless looking guy called Totopepe. After one Knight dies, the other disappears and Visco gets "captured" briefly by Metallia, the guy wasn't seen for a while.

Back to Lucchini, he's an astrologer who is able to see the future though these means. Only very few are able to do this. Lucchini was able to get the item Metallia needed and nobody questioned how, not even me during my first playthrough.

Moving ahead to the events were Metallia was set-up to take the fall for a minor crime against Amataya Kingdom. A key event happens before that. Metallia was tasked to capture a "ghost" witch in a nearby field, we meet and befriend the witch who is actually hunting a monster and has been badly hurt, yet she remained, despite being lonely and scared. She used her magic to become invisible, hence the belief that the place was haunted. Metallia and the Hundred Knight, track down the monster who is actually a part of the witch, a manifestation of her grief and pain.

After facing it in combat and only just managing to escape, Metallia and Hundred Knight head back to the witch and rather then capturing her, Metallia gives her some medicine and lets her leave, while suggesting she can visit the Hundred Knight whenever she wanted.

Suddenly during a royal event that already took a turn for the worse, Totopepe turns up to report the event that took place. It's suggested that the bastard might've killed the innocent witch too. Metallia is arrested and put on trail, then even put under torture by that same bitch who is now coming across as a dangerous and perverse sicko, that needs to be put down.

After the totally chaotic rescue attempt with many kill or hurt, Totopepe managed to escape and the credits role. Happy ending right? Wrong?!?

For some reason, the trophies of the game claim this ending as the "True Ending" It clearly isn't. But I have to tell you what happened as this is the key moment I began to despise these guys.

It's a new day, Metallia has recovered from her ordeal and has come to Amataya to visit Visco at the castle. But nobody is around, not even the guards. Metallia and Hundred Knight walk deeper into the kingdom and discover the butchered remains of an army of soldiers. You can hear the king and his body guard being killed in the distance. In walks up...Lucchini?? What the fuck????

At this point, his ranting made no sense whatsoever. He tried to make it sound like he was finishing the job for Metallia, but that was clearly bullshit. Next walks up a big, big...thing...with a familiar sounding voice and speech impediment. It's fucking Totopepe and this is what he really looks like, he had Belda (A traitor witch who dead at the rescuing of Metallia.) disguised his true appearance. He's also Lucchini's father. He used Belda's magic so he could choose when to strike and become the self-proclaimed "False King." At least his motives made sense, but I've never enjoyed a boss battle as much as this. When his health bar was emptied, I still kept attacking, just because I could.

After the fight, it appears we won, but Metallia was distracted as she was going to help Visco who was already dead by this time, but Totopepe suddenly gets straight back up and takes us both out in one swing. The light on Hundred Knights head goes out, he's gone. While Lucchini looks on, claiming he was disappointed and how things couldn't be changed, as Metallia slowly dies next.

The End?

By doing some optional extra stuff before this, you can unlock the true ending. (Which is labeled the "Bad Ending" by the trophies.)

The very same event still takes place, but before Metallia dies, she noticed something on Hundred Knight and was able to use his power to escape.

Then comes the whole creating a world to destroy it and use the parts to fix there own world, that I believe I mentioned in an earlier day question. After that, it's round 2 of Totopepe and Lucchini. But the same thing was at risk of happening. Metallia had us escape back to Lucchini's village were we then learn how Lucchini was able to get the item Metallia needed all those paragraphs before. He simply slaughtered them all. This place also hides a power that Totopepe was using to recover. With that destroyed, it's back to the castle and one final blow, delivered by Metallia. Totopepe is really hurt, begging for his useless life. I would've loved to deliver the final blow, but it was that sicko, Lucchini that did it.

Now he reveals how he knows the world is going to end and he'd hoped Metallia could stop it, but nothing had changed and he wanted her to kill him. Metallia chooses not to, because she takes orders from nobody, plus why give him what he wants?

I would've been happy to kill the tool, but I have to agree that Metallia was right.

A later scene would reveal that as he was looking towards the doomed future, he caught a glimpse of a witch who could change that fate, if only slightly. He's search hard and eventually learn the name of that witch. Metallia.

As well as Adell, I could've also picked DmC Dante, but I don't think I could add anything new to what's already been said. Persona 3s Makoto was a possibility, but I don't think it's the character that annoys me, more than the story that forced him to pointlessly sacrifice his life.

Least favorite character goes to not just a single one, but a whole band of jerks:

28rjskw.jpg

Krimzon Guard (Jak II)

These guys were the very backbone of my frustration playing Jak II. It's like, you get handed this HUGE overworld to explore and fly around, but you can't do CRAP in it because if you make ONE wrong move, you get shot by thirty guys on sight! Trying to get to mission waypoints in a safe and timely manner was close to impossible and it got REALLY irritating trying to complete a simple objective without attracting too much attention or getting my health bar drained by hundreds of blaster shots. Sure, their presence did a nice job of establishing the whole city's rougher atmosphere, but the programmers went WAY overboard with how relentless they were. I'll take their pacifist blue brothers in Jak 3 over them any day.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 25: Least Favourite Character.

So no ones said her yet? Ok, I'll tell you about

ShevaAlomar.jpg

Sheva fucking Alomar. What a fucking waste. I heard she was originally put in to calm the rascist cries against Resident Evil 5 but did it work? Well Capcom had the Africans wearing grass skirts and covered in mud for one section. As for Sheva, she fell into the "look good but be dull" character. Literally, the first thing we see of her is her ass. Over sexualised bullshit. Her personality is non existant. She is irratating with her dumb questions. She keeps healing you even though your not damaged using up health items. She runs in your line of fire. She gives you ammo for guns you don't need/have. The coup de grace? When you kill the final boss, the main villain of the series, she replies "That was for our fallen brothers." I took this in a stereotypical "bro's n homies" way and thought she played the race card as a final quip. What a bitch. Resident Evil 5 was a huge shit stain but most of the corn in that stain is Sheva.

She's a girl Cloud without much of the any redeeming qualities.

So she's like Cloud then.

*zing*

This is a tough question, I have a shitload of these.

But with my current re-obsessing on Ace Attorney, I'm going to go with the man himself, Phoenix Wright.

"WTF man Phoenix is hilarious and is the main protagonist, can you you love a series and hate the protagonist."

Well, my answer to that is... I don't. I love Phoenix Wright.

At least I love the version of him that's a lawyer.

Hobo.gif

AA4 is a detestable piece of shit for numerous reasons, but the main one being Phoenix.

Not only does the game center around sucking his dick instead of giving Apollo a story, but it has some of the biggest fucking character derailment ever.

He's cocky, he's rude, he could have gotten an upstarting attorney disbarred, he DID cause an upstarting attorney to lose his job.

"Oh but that's because he hit rock bottom and it really got to him" Then explain the flashback case where he does nothing but mock Klavier the whole trial only to fall into a trap.

AA4 Phoenix is the biggest derailed piece of shit I've ever seen, and it's so good to have the old Nick back in Dual Destinies.

Least Favourite Character

sprite-machi.gif

Machi Tobaye-Apollo Justice

Now while this series has a host of annoying clients, this is downright frustrating. He's blind and linguistically challenged so communication was rather limited. And then the game itself rubs your nose in the fact he could not have fired the gun due to heavy recoil..and he's still the suspect? Could'nt they have come up with a more believeable suspect?! Like from the rest of the Gavinners? etc. Remember how he's blind and knew no english? All lies. You have to force it out of him cos' they have to keep up the act even in LEGAL binds. urgh. They only thing he needed to hide was the smuggling. Like the last client, him being rude was part of his personality and had some grounded reason. This case was stupid and the suspect was too. The only reason I played this case was for the Music Video (slightly) and to reach the next case which is the best in the game.

We could probably save an awful lot of time and just post pictures of the Apollo Justice box art. I think the entire fucking game was just revenge on all of the people who hated 2-3.

Day 25: Least favorite character?

Oh boy. I bet this one will be a real doozy. Negativity is always something humanity will be VERY eager to jump at and start ranting and wailing, etc., and I don't want to be left out of this opportunity to vent out some in-depth frustration, and I don't care if I will get hate for my choice here, but here goes:

Peacock_skullgirls.jpg

Peacock from Skullgirls...

Words cannot even describe how much I dislike this girl. It's that deep.

Peacock, the little cyborg brat with lots of cartoon-based weapons. Sure, she may look cute at first glance, but underneath she's a really annoying character. She acts like a complete bossy brat to almost  everyone in her storyline dialogue, only thinks about causing death doom and destruction while shoving candy and coffee down her throat, and her movements and taunts in-game just cement in the fact that she's a complete psychopath who really drives me mentally nuts whenever I have the 'pleasure' to witness her in action.

Peacock might be charming in that she's just random and insane for a video game character, but I have seen way better insane fictional characters who act like nutballs with far better dialogue and witty humor, like Deadpool from X-Men and maybe even Bobobo from his own anime/manga.

Peacock is just a childish brat. Plain and simple. Sorry if I went too far there, but I'm so glad I vented out my frustration there, and I never got the appeal of that character.

Day 25: Least Fav. Character -

Chronicles_Omega.jpg

Never liked Omega. I don't like his design, I don't like his character. Whenever I have to play as him, I just want to end that level/mission as fast as possible.

Silver02.png

Ugh, Silver. Where do I begin...

He's obnoxious in both personality and design, his background is a shameless rip on Trunks from DBZ (they don't even hide it when describing him in the English script!), and his position in the eyes of the fanbase as well as Sega themselves really has just screwed a lot of junk up. I'll elaborate.

First of all, about his design. I personally just found everything about him to be wayyyy too "try-hard". They really wanted a new, edgy anime hedgehog to trump over the edginess that Shadow already portrayed. So what's the idea? A psychokinetic guy with eye liner, out-of-control chest hair issues, anime boots, teal and gold colors (eww that combination is pretty awful ok), and.. man, those spines are probably the most nonsensical the series has featured, and that's saying a lot. Which, you know, that wouldn't be bad if they weren't floppy and dumb and sticking straight up and horrible looking (unlike that much better prototype design where they were smoothed down).

Then there's his personality. I know, he appeared in the worst of all the Sonic games ever, and people wanted him to have a second chance. Well, he got one in Sonic Rivals, and while he wasn't TOO terrible, he was still.. well, pretty bad imo. He's obnoxious, overbearing on plot, and really just overall a ridiculous character that is too much of a waste of breath to even write about. I mean, you could redo the character completely personality-wise and make him new, and that wouldn't be so bad, but how much can you change about a character before they're suddenly not that anymore? Considering I find his design and background to be pretty bad from the get-go, I can't see much room for improvement on Silver.

But even with the room for improvement he has, really the largest thing I don't like about him is his position he's made in the fanbase thanks to Sonic 06. Silver's grown a heavily established fanbase which I guess is okay if you like him and all, but it's really skewed some of the characters in the franchise something fierce. Notably, the entire Japanese side of the fanbase seems to dwell a lot on the Sonic-Shadow-Silver dynamic thanks to the animelicious set up of 06, and notably really likes Silver for being part of that (probably liking both him and Shadow more than Sonic). Go figure, eugh.

The other part that gets me so much (and this really grinds my gears) is how 06 (and thus Silver's story arc) skews/ruins the purpose of Blaze the Cat from it's original form, thus making the fanbase view Blaze as Silver's unimportant tsundre friendgirl helping him save the future or some crap instead of being an indepedent monarch-in-training / Sol Emerald protector from another dimension. This has caused many, many people to see Blaze as some one-dimensional foil / romantic love interest to Silver and not anything that's actually canonical in the series, and the worst part is that Sega baits this constantly with the subtle pairing up of them in spinoff games and the like!

Silver's a trainwreck of a character that's done more harm than good for me. I'd rather not have to see him again. Sorry if that's rough stuff to read, but I don't see the point of focusing on him any more than we have to. The only way he can be redeemed to me is if Sega both fixes his character overall and patches / writes over every issue surrounding him, but I doubt that will happen, so he's best left forgotten IMO. :v

• Thumbs Up 6

The game never stops shoving it in your face that it's a female-dominating game!

If I want a girl-dominating fighting game that never stops shoving it's gender down your throat, I'll stick to Dead or Alive, at least that stuff has even more random sillyness and outright fanservice that actually appeals to guys.

Idc that you hate Peacock but I wonder how u'd feel if you were a girl and were surrounded by fighting games that regularly shoved their masculine-superiority in your face and might not enjoy playing a game where your own gender is relegated to a game solely known of and spoken about for its breast physics (and you know what? I personally, still don't see how that "actually appeals to guys" because to me it's just embarrassing to see female characters relegated to that). What the hell is the problem in having a game that is gendered in a way you're not used to when girls don't exactly like how 99% of games are gendered towards male players? Especially when ~50% of the gaming population are female and they are still lucky to get one in a hundred female-focused games that don't demean the hell out of their sex/gender and can actually be a good enjoyable game in their own right.

Fair enough that you dislike Peacock but you barked up the wrong tree with that comment. You have no right to villify a game's existence that the developers and fans poured so much love and money and soul into just because it doesn't appeal to you specifically.

With that out the way now for me own (shorter than usual) show;

Day 25 - Least Favourite Character

Lymle Lemuri Phi - Star Ocean: The Last Hope

lymle-3.jpg

Yes that image of a doll-looking little girl kissing an older teenage alien boy will do just fine. And honestly if you've played Star Ocean 4 (the dub particularly) then I'm surprised that Lymle isn't your own character of choice for this list. If you haven't picked her I can only presume you haven't played the game in dub.

Lymle is one of the main things that turned The Last Hope into The Last Straw. She's a sickeningly doll-like character in appearance and her personality is as uninspired, dry and insufferable as they get. She serves no importance or relevance, she's just the token loli with the token "endearing character trait" of saying "'KAY?" after almost every sentence. I cannot think of a more insufferable character actually, Lymle is an ultimate credence to the media sin of people not being able to write female characters well, especially young ones. I don't care if she's not all there mentally, because it's horribly and disrespectfully executed. I never finished this game, and I probably never will, and Lymle's existence is one of the main reasons why I don't intend to.

• Thumbs Up 5

The game never stops shoving it in your face that it's a female-dominating game!

If I want a girl-dominating fighting game that never stops shoving it's gender down your throat, I'll stick to Dead or Alive, at least that stuff has even more random sillyness and outright fanservice that actually appeals to guys.

so what you're saying is you dont like Skullgirls because it doesnt show off Gratutious Tits and Ass its Deep Plot and instead plays the Female's as Real Characters, have I got that right?

• Thumbs Up 8

...Well dang, at the moment, I can't really think of any characters I outright hate or anything like that, but, I guess...I'll go with Charmy Bee. Huh, my first fully Sonic-related answer, but yeah.

RFtDJlk.png

Man, I don't really know. It's not like I dislike Charmy, but just...something about the character rubs me the wrong way. He's pretty much a kid who's loud, and that's really all there is to him. He's just a character I can't really find myself caring about at all. So, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 3

steve-burnside.jpg

Steve Burnside from Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Steve Burnside is an insufferable dipshit and the reason bullying exists. He basically spends the whole game whining and having an awful haircut. You pretty much know you'll hate him the moment he opens his fucking mouth and starts assaulting your ears, and he is mostly a nuisance. He does help you at certain points but much of the time he gets in your way. He almost kills Claire the first time he sees her and almost destroys their chance for escape when operating one of the machines. He's an annoying shoehorned sort-of love interest character that has a brief character arc involving his deadbeat father that amounts to exactly nothing. The best thing Steve ever did was get turned into a monster and die. 

He was so bad I mentioned him as one of the disappointing factors when talking about Code Veronica. 

• Thumbs Up 5

True_Alba.gif

Who else, but Quercus Alba from Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations?

There are a number of Ace Attorney characters that I don't like, but this guy makes that final case absolutely miserable. In a game that's filled with drawn-out, painfully uninteresting cases, this guy adds an extra unnecessary thirty minutes to a "smuggling ring" plot line I could absolutely not give a shit about. He has diplomatic immunity, so he can't be prosecuted, but that's really only one hurdle. This guy manages to bring up every inconsequential inconsistency that you have to take down- often with the help of another character. 

People say that this is supposed to be like actually winning an argument with Phoenix Wright, but I personally disagree with that. Every contradiction and point that Phoenix brings up is more and more significant, but this guy's story ALWAYS has holes in it from beginning to end. And when it feels like you should've put this guy away about a hundred times, it loses all satisfaction when you finally do win. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 25:

I'll have to say Silver the Hedgehog...

Silver.... From his first appearance, annoyed me. His voice never went in my ears well, his personality was just boring. His background story was just stupid, and plain, and boring. Just another 'post apocalyptic world' story, with no depth... And the fact Silver just believes Mephelis no questions asked... I just hate his presence, he brings nothing to a narrative for me. I just... Can't stand him.

You know, it would be so easy to put Blaze the Cat on here, but I won't. It would be so easy to loophole and say Sally Acorn based on her cameo in Sonic Spinball, but I won't. I'll just point the biggest waste of space out there;

Koala_kong_crash_bash_2.jpg

Koala Kong (Crash Bandicoot)

I mean...this guy really is a waste of space. Remember Ripper Roo? He was insane and laugh-happy to the max. Papu Papu? Grumpy and angry. Pinstripe? Sleazy and trigger-happy. Brio and Cortex? Do I need to say anything about them? Koala Kong? Erm...he was strong...possibly dumb although the game never showed it? This is about the worst characterisation you can get, a literal one-note character with no personality or quirks to go with it. At least even if I find Blaze boring, I can say "But she works decently off other characters, and they gave her a fear of heights to exploit", this guy is all muscle. Did it improve in later games when they'd managed to give the franchise sturdy roots? No, because by the time he appeared again we'd already gotten Tiny to do everything he did but with more personality (granted, I don't like dumb muscle Tiny either, but he's still better than cardboard). Once that happened, he had no reason to be in the franchise any more. Even the planned appearance for him in Twinsanity didn't seem like it would have done anything cool with his character. If that game couldn't make something out of his traits, you know he's not a great character.