Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

Hmm... My least favourite is definitely one of the "friend" characters from Pokémon. I'm going with a game series I actually really like.

Ever since Generation III, there's been at least one friend character who stops you in your tracks so they can talk to you about something you don't care about. I didn't mind this in Generation III or IV as it wasn't that prevalent.

Generation V and especially Generation VI take this to a whole new level. Cheren and Bianca in Generation V stop you in what feels like almost every single new location. Still, though, they always gave you a battle and there were only two of them. They were pretty obnoxious, but not as obnoxious as your four friends from Generation VI: Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. These guys are the very definition of one-dimensional characterization. I don't need to know about your aspirations to be the greatest dancer every time I find a new route. Since Tierno is the most obnoxious of the bunch I'm going to go with him as my least favourite character.

Day 25! Least favourite character, eugh...

Well, which characters piss me off so much I wish I could download a mod for the game and shoot them in the face? These two brats from Fallout 3; Mayor McReady and Princess.

1164799-mayor2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Oh. My. God. I hate hate HATE these kids! Not only do they treat you like shit and keep calling you Mungo or whatever but they're just horrible and never show any respect for you in the entire game. The other kids in Little Lamplight are okay, but these two in particular are horrible and deserve a bullet shot right between the eyes.

BUT WAIT. YOU CAN'T DO THAT! The only way you can is by playing the PC version, download a mod for killing children and finish them off for good. There is a way of making Princess cry if you taunt her, but for some reason you get Bad Karma. Bad karma for being nasty to a girl who was nasty to YOU first?! Awwww, poor widdle child, booHOO!

Honourable mentions; Silver the hedgehog and the Krimzon guard from Jak 2.

Damn you Azoo, you took my prey D:

Day 25: Least favorite character

Silver_the_hedgehog.png

Silver the Hedgehog

I don't think there's ever been a character that I've been more apathetic to than Silver, he's just.....why. This isn't even just 06 either, I'm speaking in general. Silver is a character whom, whenever he shows up, I ask myself "Why is this character here?" He serves little to no purpose after his debut, and yet for some reason, Sega thought it was fit to make him a recurring character...because why the fuck not.

As bad as Sonic 06 was, Silver at least had a role and purpose; he wanted to restore his future and was led astray in doing so by Mephiles. Afterward however? Well apparently the future must really suck because it seems like Silver is always coming back to save it from something. How many times can you use the same plot point to justify a character's appearance. And then other times, they don't even try to justify him and he's just...there.

I honestly wouldn't be as hard on him if he just stayed in 06 where he belonged, but no, he still has no purpose beside being an extra in an already bloated cast, and has no real purpose or reason to even be around anymore. Someone said it best,  he's like that party guest that just doesn't know when to leave.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 25: Least Favourite Character

Jin_Kisaragi_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Chara

Jin Kisaragi from BlazBlue

Where do I even begin? Okay first off, He's a collossal douchebag to Noel for petty reasons, and has a real "I'll do what I Want attitude", He doesn't care about the opinions of others, and is stubborn to take an obvious solution. Still obsessed with Ragna and only agreed to work together because Ragna promised him a fight. He also constantly talks down to others. His uniform is really stupid too. He doesn't even wear any pants and the lycra suit beneath his clothes offer very little protection.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 25: Least Favorite Character:

When it comes to characters in the video games I've played, I pretty much like all of them to various degrees, and I dislike or am indifferent towards very few of them. There is one character that happens to fall in the category of characters that I actually hate:

Black Doom (from Shadow the Hedgehog)

N4knzGT.png?1

I picked this image on purpose as I would rather not see this hideous villain at all but Shadow standing before him does enough leaving Black Doom in the background as insignificant, I suppose.

This sorry excuse for a character isn't getting a full-fledged post about him from me as he isn't deserving of such...

Anyway, Black Doom: He's evil, ruthless, power hungry, and has absolutely no regards for anyone, not even Shadow, whom he created. He has done some heinous crimes which includes massive destruction and showing absolutely no regards for life. Overall he is just a horrid, wicked, and heartless character that I can't stand. Then again, Black Doom is part of the Sonic game that I hate the most (Shadow the Hedgehog) and he actually has a lot to do with why I hate the game so much. 

As big as a joke Mephiles was as a villain in Sonic '06, at least his silly antics brought along some laughs such as him doing this:

iSaDidD.gif?1

Black Doom, on the other hand, brings about no laughs, no smiles even in anyway whatsoever. If there is one character that I am glad to never see again, Black Doom is definitely on the top of my list as I can't seriously think of a single positive thing to say about him whatsoever aside from the fact that he is gone

• Thumbs Up 7

Day 25: Least Favorite Character

333px-Cream_%28Sonic_Advance_3%29.png

Now to be frank, I don't necessarily hate Cream and there are other characters that are far worse than she is, but to me, what makes her my least favorite is that she's just... so.... pointless. There's nothing to her other than that she's 'nice', and the writers never do anything with her character despite the number of appearances she has. She does even have any sort of chemistry with other characters, she's literally just 'there' most of the time. There's barely a single game where Cream isn't either there to fill up space or being annoying with her squeaky personality, and the times where she is actively part of the actions she just feels odd and out of place. At least most other minor characters in the Sonic series have at least some story purpose or at least a quirky personality, but Cream is essentially a glorified Flicky.

I'm tired, I've been on the road for 13 hours, I'm cranky, lets get this over with...

I_m_mephiles_mephiles_the_dark_by_itshel

you cocky little bugger i hate you so much

so i wrote a haiku

*ahem*

Mephiles the Dark

He is a piece of poopy

Glad he's not canon

He's a product of SEGA's inevitable downfall in the storytelling department. So convoluted, so trite, so predictable, and so boring.

I can't think of a single positive thing about this guy. His design? He's basically a crystalline Shadow recolor. His voice? Dan Green's done better. His personality? Did he even have one?

I'm just glad he's non-canon. He added nothing to the Sonic series but a bad memory. 

Good riddance.

And good night.

*conks out on the bed*

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 25

Least Favorite Character

moe-laughs.gif

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All

Lawrence "Moe" Curls

Human garbage.

So here's the deal.  Case 2-3 is pretty terrible all around, and everyone involved in it is terrible except for the victim.  But this clown takes the cake and fucking eats it.

So the victim of the case was the Ringmaster for the circus Moe works for.  The Ringmaster and Moe were apparently really good friends... so you'd think he'd try to help you solve the case right?

ahahahahaha

no

Instead of actually being... you know.... helpful, he wastes everyone's time telling the worst jokes possible.  He knows they're bad, but he keeps doing them because.... hell if I know.  He blames the defendant for the murder, of course, I would too because the defendant is about as big of a shit as Moe.  Trying to talk sense into him is like screaming at a brick wall, as he tends to laugh off everything you say, even when shit's really serious.

Then you learn he's a fucking witness to the murder.  

Yes, you cross examine him.

And everything I mentioned above gets about 20 times worse.

Now... he knows how to act serious, and when you get brought into court you're expected to act serious... and yet this clown refuses to because fuck if I know.  I wanted to pin the blame on him because of how much of a complete ass he was being on purpose.  

It finally gets to the point where the Judge starts penalizing you for making Moe talk.

Let's go over that again.

You get penalized for making Moe talk.

Not even the Judge can tolerate his shit.  And the Judge is pretty easygoing most of the time.

He's just the fucking worst.  Awful in every way.

• Thumbs Up 9

U7nbueB.gif

Moe (Ace Attorney: Justice For All)

I touched on this a little before in a previous post, so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone. This definitely should come as no surprise to you, Moe, you piece of shit. Nix pretty much covered Moe's and the case's background, so I'm just gonna talk about how much I despise this guy. He is just the worst. Literally no way around it. He refuses to cooperate with you in order to find the Ringmaster's murderer, and he's just plain unfunny. When you have to cross examine him and ask him to state where he's from, he starts to butcher the Fresh Prince theme song. Don't ruin Fresh Prince with your bullshit, Moe. I wish Moe was the killer, solely for the fact that he would be executed. Fuck you, Moe. Fuck you.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY 25 OF PRESIDENT CROW HATING VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS!

Alright. I have 3 characters that I don't particularly like. They're all from different places but it should be fine.

Celica_A_Mercury_28Story_Mode_Artwork2C_

Celica A Mercury from Blazblue!

Celica has actually been around since the start of the series. She was only in flashbacks where she's the nun that was taking care of Ragna, Jin, and Saya. She's been dead after Terumi attacks the church she's in. She doesn't appear in the flesh until CP where Kokonoe throws a younger Celica to the future as a way to put a wrench in Terumi's plans.

Why hate on this supposedly cute character? Well a number of reasons.

First and foremost, she is the definition of a Purity Sue. She's is this perfect girl that gets along with the entire cast, save for the antagonists and Azrael for obvious reasons. She's always cheerful and has no flaws outside being slightly clumsy. Oh and she can make the main antagonist Hazama/Terumi run with fear because of her power which a power disabler which also fucks with Ragna's Blazblue as he often has to fight people and he's very disadvantaged when those fights happen just for having her in the same room. Next is that she slowly creeps over the story and becomes the focus of everything all of a sudden. This is obviously the endgame between Ragna and Terumi and everyone else, and it even introduced several new characters to boot but most of the screentime goes to Celica. She slowly goes from not appearing to being in every single cutscene ever. And she doesn't even get character development either. Ragna, Noel, and Jin grow up and yet Celica doesn't. She's more of a plot device than a character to be honest but she takes up a lot of screentime which is a shame because Amane, Bullet, and Azrael don't get their stories explored because of that. And lastly she's a forced ship with Ragna and its forced everywhere. She's all over the place and she keeps bugging Ragna and Ragna doesn't seem to mind to the point that she's the perfect woman for him despite the series ship teasing Ragna with Rachel, Jin, well everyone mostly and she's taking everyone's man despite the long ass line for him. Not to mention that its his only motherly figure being shipped with Ragna which utterly creepy. So that's annoying character number 1.

Edit: So I was told that Kokonoe brought her back in time so she can activate the lynchpin that would had gotten rid of the seither throughout the world but Bang actually figures out how to use it anyways so her existence is actually pointless. She could had been a back up plan or something but the fact that Bang did it first really makes her just there for shipping material. Mori JUST Y!?

Next on this list... Oh boy I'm gonna get flak for this.

607193-rise_kujikawa__profile_portrait__

Rise Kujikawa!

IM DOING IT! IM PRESSING DIS BIG NUKE BUTTON ON ALL YA!

Ah another cute face. This is my personal preference speaking but I really don't like Rise. She comes off as annoying to me. From the way she talks to her own support lines. Perhaps I should really dig deep into why I just don't like her besides that.

So Rise is this big idol who decides to go into haitus and hangs out in Inaba for some reason which makes her a target for the killer that's been kidnapping people into TV land. So while she's on the ball about it for some reason she still gets kidnapped and our heroes go through a strip club to get her and fight her shadow which is a stripper. After Teddie beats the shit out of it we fight Teddie's shadow after Rise gets her persona which also unintentionally made Teddie summon his own shadow. She ends up being the group's support but she doesn't differ from Teddie's support until much later. So anyways the reason why I don't like her so much besides being an annoying idol character (which I never do like unless noted) is that she gave up her dream. Her dream was being an idol and she seemed successful at the time where everyone knew who she was and crowded her when she appeared in Inaba. But to easily give away her dream when its a dream a /lot/ of people would had killed for would really doesn't go well for me. To me it seemed like she didn't want that dream and she even admitted it was artificial. So why bother with the idol business? I just don't get her. If you lost ideas on what to do next, come up with someone new for Christ's sake! And while yes she did get involved with the case and helped out from making sure other people don't die, she really wouldn't had gotten involved if she didn't went into haitus or became an idol. Oh and her support isn't as enjoyable as Fuuka's or Teddies because the former is a captain obvious which gives plenty of room to snark at and Teddie is mostly him making jokes so at least that's entertaining. Whenever Rise says something its usually boring information you knew or her squealing over her senpai and we have to hear that all the time. Ugh. Can we move on now?

And finally...

CiLRyorihime_zps578037e7.jpg

Yorihime!

Touhou fans will agree with me on this. Ok so you know what I said about Celica being the definition of purity sue? Yorihime was the one who even created the term. Alright so she's a Lunarian who loves on the moon obviously and she's a part of the defense force. She's the one who told the US to get off the moon. When Silent Sinner in Blue's story came around she was well informed of Yukari's plan and decided to fight the 4 characters that were shot to the moon while her sister directly encounters Yukari who is a reality warper. Her sister does take out Yukari with /little/ effort. But this is about Yorihime so anyways. The people she fought were Sakuya, Remilia, Marisa, and Reimu in that order. And she manages to defeat Sakuya's time hax, Remilia who's a powerful youkai, and Marisa who's the second best in the series in which Yorihime takes on 2 Master Sparks, one of the most powerful spellcards in the series with again little effort. She does fight Reimu "Hax Sign: You plain fucking lose" Hakurei up to a draw and Yorihime gets away with everything. She does lose sake to Yuyuko who no one was expecting and she does trip and fall into Tewi's traps but that was more of a gag than anything. Yorihime is just so overpowered compared to everyone.

She might not count despite coming from a video game series because she was featured only in a manga and ZUN stated because that she's so overpowered she won't ever be in an official Touhou game. But yeah nobody really likes her anyways. But this is just me stating my opinions and I'll finish this post up.

UNTIL NEXT TIEM SSMB!

• Thumbs Up 1

607193-rise_kujikawa__profile_portrait__

Rise Kujikawa!

IM DOING IT! IM PRESSING DIS BIG NUKE BUTTON ON ALL YA!

Ah another cute face. This is my personal preference speaking but I really don't like Rise. She comes off as annoying to me. From the way she talks to her own support lines. Perhaps I should really dig deep into why I just don't like her besides that.

So Rise is this big idol who decides to go into haitus and hangs out in Inaba for some reason which makes her a target for the killer that's been kidnapping people into TV land. So while she's on the ball about it for some reason she still gets kidnapped and our heroes go through a strip club to get her and fight her shadow which is a stripper. After Teddie beats the shit out of it we fight Teddie's shadow after Rise gets her persona which also unintentionally made Teddie summon his own shadow. She ends up being the group's support but she doesn't differ from Teddie's support until much later. So anyways the reason why I don't like her so much besides being an annoying idol character (which I never do like unless noted) is that she gave up her dream. Her dream was being an idol and she seemed successful at the time where everyone knew who she was and crowded her when she appeared in Inaba. But to easily give away her dream when its a dream a /lot/ of people would had killed for would really doesn't go well for me. To me it seemed like she didn't want that dream and she even admitted it was artificial. So why bother with the idol business? I just don't get her. If you lost ideas on what to do next, come up with someone new for Christ's sake! And while yes she did get involved with the case and helped out from making sure other people don't die, she really wouldn't had gotten involved if she didn't went into haitus or became an idol. Oh and her support isn't as enjoyable as Fuuka's or Teddies because the former is a captain obvious which gives plenty of room to snark at and Teddie is mostly him making jokes so at least that's entertaining. Whenever Rise says something its usually boring information you knew or her squealing over her senpai and we have to hear that all the time. Ugh. Can we move on now?

Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

Giving up her dream was a bad thing? Have you never changed your mind about something before? :P

Rise had low self esteem growing up - she was practically invisible to the people around her and didn't really know what she wanted to do. She went into the idol business because she enjoyed having a "persona" (not that kind) that was such a radical change from her own personality. She was young when she made that decision, and later decided it was a bit rash and that what she really wanted wasn't to be someone else, but to be true to herself and comfortable with who she truly was. She grew up, basically. 

Rise wanted to be liked, and she wanted to like herself. Risette was her way of getting this, but it wasn't until later that she realized that people cared more about Risette than Rise, and that the whole thing felt artificial to her as a result. 

Couldn't disagree more, haha. I really liked her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25: Least Favourite Character

and that still stands... they by far are the absolute worst, they were crap then and they're still crap now, only now some of them have a third game in which they become even worse....

Lightning for instance...

Lightning becomes God of our world... yes the real human world, that you and I live in.

However, since then, there have been a few other games out... and we have one in particular which specialised in the worst and pointless characters.

One game in particular stands out... 

Resident Evil 6.

tumblr_mkmonpPlgq1r02orio1_500.png

Helena Harper 

Helena Harper exists in Resident Evil 6 for two reasons.

1: To pull 'that face' at you, 

2: To provide some titillation for the boys.

And that's about it.

Helena Harper adds absolutely nothing to the plot, yet she comes into the series as if she's a well established character, everybody knows her and she appears to be important to the plot... but she's not.

At one point you meet her sister... who is topless... and becomes a monster... so now it's personal, well that's fine and dandy except nobody cares about Helena so there's no reason to care.

No really, there is no point at all to her being in this game other than to give Leon a partner...

art121.jpg

Sherry Birkin

So remember when it was announced that Sherry would be in RE6? As a grown up? Along with a 'secret' and people were like 'ohhhh ok, this could be interesting.'

Yeah... here is the secret... Sherry has the ability to heal herself... but not in the game, only cut scenes... oh ok... and does this impact on the plot? Barely.

Sherry's inclusion here is another pointless addition. There is no reason at all for her inclusion in the game... other than to give Jake a companion.

Oh wait sorry... yeah there is a reason...

re6_charbox_sherry.png

To provide titillation to the boys.

No really, that's her costume for part of the game.

But really, it's pointless and such a waste. In Weskers Report, it's hinted that he has Sherry was captured by Weskers people, and that there is 'something about this girl' and there is... a pointless ability which is only useful for cut scenes. 

Oh and to provide titillation to the boys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 22 - Least Favorite Character

I'm in a very Mario Kart 8 mood, so I'll be choosing...

Baby_Rosalina-MK8.png

Baby Rosalina should not exist. Seriously.

She has no reason to exist and was invented solely for Mario Kart 8. And she's a god damn BABY. There are literally five baby versions of existing characters clogging up the roster of the game, and that's not including bullshit like Metal Mario and PINK GOLD PEACH. Rosalina is one of my favorite Mario characters, and having a baby version of her is a disgrace. I can understand Baby Mario, MAYBE Baby Luigi. But any more than that? Get them out of my game. Please.

DAY 25 OF PRESIDENT CROW HATING VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS!

Alright. I have 3 characters that I don't particularly like. They're all from different places but it should be fine.

Celica_A_Mercury_28Story_Mode_Artwork2C_

Celica A Mercury from Blazblue!

Celica has actually been around since the start of the series. She was only in flashbacks where she's the nun that was taking care of Ragna, Jin, and Saya. She's been dead after Terumi attacks the church she's in. She doesn't appear in the flesh until CP where Kokonoe throws a younger Celica to the future as a way to put a wrench in Terumi's plans.

Why hate on this supposedly cute character? Well a number of reasons.

First and foremost, she is the definition of a Purity Sue. She's is this perfect girl that gets along with the entire cast, save for the antagonists and Azrael for obvious reasons. She's always cheerful and has no flaws outside being slightly clumsy. Oh and she can make the main antagonist Hazama/Terumi run with fear because of her power which a power disabler which also fucks with Ragna's Blazblue as he often has to fight people and he's very disadvantaged when those fights happen just for having her in the same room. Next is that she slowly creeps over the story and becomes the focus of everything all of a sudden. This is obviously the endgame between Ragna and Terumi and everyone else, and it even introduced several new characters to boot but most of the screentime goes to Celica. She slowly goes from not appearing to being in every single cutscene ever. And she doesn't even get character development either. Ragna, Noel, and Jin grow up and yet Celica doesn't. She's more of a plot device than a character to be honest but she takes up a lot of screentime which is a shame because Amane, Bullet, and Azrael don't get their stories explored because of that. And lastly she's a forced ship with Ragna and its forced everywhere. She's all over the place and she keeps bugging Ragna and Ragna doesn't seem to mind to the point that she's the perfect woman for him despite the series ship teasing Ragna with Rachel, Jin, well everyone mostly and she's taking everyone's man despite the long ass line for him. Not to mention that its his only motherly figure being shipped with Ragna which utterly creepy. So that's annoying character number 1.

Edit: So I was told that Kokonoe brought her back in time so she can activate the lynchpin that would had gotten rid of the seither throughout the world but Bang actually figures out how to use it anyways so her existence is actually pointless. She could had been a back up plan or something but the fact that Bang did it first really makes her just there for shipping material. Mori JUST Y!?

Must. refrain. from defending waifu....restraint. restraint. restraint.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 22 - Least Favorite Character

I'm in a very Mario Kart 8 mood, so I'll be choosing...

Baby_Rosalina-MK8.png

She has no reason to exist and was invented solely for Mario Kart 8. And she's a god damn BABY. There are literally five baby versions of existing characters clogging up the roster of the game, and that's not including bullshit like Metal Mario and PINK GOLD PEACH. Rosalina is one of my favorite Mario characters, and having a baby version of her is a disgrace. I can understand Baby Mario, MAYBE Baby Luigi. But any more than that? Get them out of my game. Please.

There is one reason, and one reason only, it took perhaps a few hours to make the model, as all the babies use the same template, and I can point out at least 75%similarity to Baby Daisy's model. Its not there to make a statement, simply to add an extra character and round out the roster, and was made at the last minute when they had to can any full characters due to time constraints not allowing them to make a full one, same with Pink Gold peach, it was simply a shader change, a few sound file swaps, and perhaps a mirroring of certain animations, then a simple bit of coding to throw her in 

They weren't added to spite anyone, or to cut out other characters, they were put in because they were quick and easy to put in when they had a little time left. (and part of the reason I think we are getting character DLC simply for those characters they couldn't finish in time)

For me, I think it's because it rather spoils the Storybook. You have a rather lovely story spelled out detailing a character's backstory... and you go back a little further to make them go kart racing? Why? For the people who like the character, it's awkward at best, and for the people who don't, it's another baby character on the roster. Nobody really wins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... this is a tough one. There's not many characters I 'hate', you see. ^^;; Though, thinking about it, there is this one character I could mention...

229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png

Hugh - Pokemon Black/White 2

This guy.... Oh god, this guy. If I recall correctly, I complained about him to a few of my friends quite a lot during my playthrough of White 2. First, his design is, to put it as nice as I possibly can; horrendous. I mean, look at it! That hair... that shirt... and oh god, those pants are awful! All the other rivals in the series have at least somewhat decent designs to them. This guy? Not even close. Not to mention, whenever he speaks, he says some of the most annoying shit ever. It doesn't help that what seems like over half of his sentences end in exclamation points. So yeah, he's essentially shouting nearly everything he says. This makes me glad the series doesn't have voice acting.

....Yeah, that's really all I've got. ^^;; Honestly, I don't really remember all that much about this guy, just that I found him annoying as hell.

Oh, that's actually pretty difficult..

...yeah I gotta go with everyone saying Fi. From a story standpoint. She has no personality. All of her dialogue is explaining shit the player just found out. The only time she even slightly shows emotion is when she's about to leave. By that time you'll be glad she's on her way out the goddamn door. 

From a gameplay standpoint, she just doesn't stop stopping the game to tell you bullshit. You can't just ignore her either. She'll either keep beeping until you just decide you can't take it anymore or force you to a stop to hear her trivial bullshit anyway. Oh, and here's the best part: You know that beeping sound you get when you're low on health in zelda? Well, on top of that, Fi sees it fit to stop the game to tell you that, yes, your health is indeed low.

Midna may have not been much help from a gameplay perspective, but at least she was a fun character who talked as much as she needed too. I know modern games has this reputation for treating it's players like idiots sometimes but it's never been as bad as it is in Skyward Sword. Fi is not only a terrible character. She represents THE biggest flaw of the game by far. That's almost impressive.

This is gonna hurt, 4 days in a row, damn!

Day 22: Favorite Art Style:

I must go with the whole Sonic franchise for this one.

The Sonic franchise have a lot of branches, and one of the longest is art-style. Some of them are very different from other, but they all share that Sonic feel, cartoony, colorful, cheerful (when is needed), menacing (again, when is needed), radical. Well, except freaking Sonic 06. But that game doesn't existed.

The art-styles I, let's say, appreciate most, are:

Sonic CD: All the levels are great to look at, colorful, rich in detail, the background is really deep and always a nice view. I thank the CD technology for this, such detailed sprites. I love especially the Good Future and Present of QQ, Past and Good Future of CC, and of course, all of SS variations. Not to mention the anime opening and ending movies, that are just amazing.

qqpresent.pngcd_dvd-285x200.jpg

Sonic Heroes: Heroes for me is like Sonic 2, but in 3D. The level tropes are very diverse, detailed and stylized. Props for Ocean Palace, Grand Metropolis, Mystic Mansion and Egg Fleet. Despite the gloosy models, the art direction in this game nail'd converting the classic Sonic spirit in 3D, but giving it some originality touch.

Sonic-heroes.02.jpg

Sonic Unleashed - Colors - Generations: Realistic, detailed, but cartoony and colorful at the same time. This is how a modern Sonic game should look, and I love it. Sure, Unleashed had a much bigger realistic appeal, especially because the whole game is inspired by real places, but the way how it's made into a level it's just perfect. Generations is just beyond everything. The Genesis Era looks absolutely stuning here, and all the other levels just got even better and brighter.

I want my Sonic game to look 100% more like this. It's detailed, but is still colorful and appealing, that's what I meant:

sonicg4_thumb.jpgsonic1.jpg

Besides the Sonic franchise, I also love the art style of:

The original Crash Bandicoot series;

Rayman Origins and Legends;

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series;

Skullgirls.

Day 23: Favorite Music:

You got me. I love VGM, my mp3 player probably has more VGM than, "regular" music.

I'm gonna kick the bucket and go with the Sonic franchise again. If there's something the fan-base can agree on, is the music. It's always involving, fitting, up-beating, and it comes in all tastes and sizes, from themes songs, to levels, jingles, vocal, instrumental.

It's really hard to pick just one, so I'm just gonna name the soundtracks that have most of my favorites:

Sonic CD (JP/EU): Quartz Quadrant, especially the Present version is one of my favorite VGM ever, possibly my favorite from the classic era. I also love SS and CC Past and Good Future, and the ending song Believe in Yourself.

Sonic Adventure: When I want some Sonic music that is more rock oriented, I don't look for Adventure 2, but for the original game, because IMHO, it still keeps that Sonic feel. SA2 is just too much guitar. Sure some Pyramid Cave and Green Forest go well once in a while, but the whole game bets in guitar riffs. I'm not saying I don't like it, 'coz I do a lot, but the original SA has much more feel and variety. Emerald Coast, Speed Highway At Dawn, Red Mountain, Windy Valley, are among my top 10.

Sonic Heroes: One name: Naofumi fucking Hataya. I love Hataya's work, that's because I love CD's soundtrack so much. The musics he composes are damn rich, with a lot of instrument and melody variety. Ocean Palace and Mystic Mansion are my favorite for this game. I've played these two more than I should on the sound test smile.png

Sonic Unleashed: The soundtrack of this game is phenomenal. It doesn't sound like VGM. It's a rich, cultural, up-beating, song of gods. Every song in this game is a work of art and dedication. It fits every level and captures the feeling of each place perfectly, especially the hub-world music. But if I ever thought about Sonic running on the Great Wall of China, Dragon Road Day is how it should only sound. And as a big fan of jazz as well, all of the Werehog musics are a pleasure to my ears, especially Rooftop Run and Arid Sands. Both vocal themes are very well composed too, and the lyrics as expressive and touching as they are, fits each moment of the game like a glove.

Sonic Colors: This soundtrack. Just like Unleashed, each music fits the level like a glove. It's another work or art and dedication. I prefer when Sonic Team hires a lot of composers to do the music, because the final result is without a doubt, way better than Jun Senoue alone... Tropical Resort, Planet Wisp and Terminal Awesome Velocity are my favorites.

Sonic Generations: It has the best remixes. 'nuff said.

Day 24: Favorite Controller:

No brainer. The one that I grown up with, held and sweat most, Sony's dualshock. It's confortable and beautiful. My favorite is the PS3 one, because it's wireless biggrin.png Bad memories with wires comes to mind during my PS1 times sad.png

Nothing much to add, except that I really wish the PS3 controller had the earphone entrance like the PS4... that stuff is genius.

0071171980500_300X300.jpg

Day 25: Least Favorite Character:

The answer is yes... and no Mephiles... he's the personification(?) of a bad character. Bad design (since it's just a recolour of Shadow), terrible back story, terrible dialogue... Elise can join him too.

1922859-mephiles.jpg

Whenever a "worst" or "least favorite" question in this thing pops up, usually at least someone mentions this particular game. Everyone has bashed, beaten and ripped this game to shreds in every imaginable way. But I'm gonna rant about it anyway! Here is it!

SAKAMOTO'S ULTIMATE VISION

metroid-other-m-samus-screenshot_1285003

( I refuse to believe this is Samus)

This character is just...terrible. She doesn't shut up, she's a total drama queen, its a complete bastardization of everything Samus was before. Apparently that badass lady who has destroyed every Metroid in the Universe and has slaughtered countless monsters and space pirates is actually an emotional trainwreck who likes to bore the player with monologues! Samus is an insecure twat who has daddy issues and gets all emotional when someone insults. CRY. ME. A. RIVER.

And THEN that baby. That stupid stupid  STUPID BABY. Its perfectly fine that Samus can show remorse for the death of the baby metroid, but its NOT alright when you have the stupid thing haunt her FOR BASICALLY THE ENTIRE STUPID GAMEQGHEWLU

AND THENNnnn....when it comes to her previous commander (Adam Stackhouse or whatever the hell his name is) SHE IS. JUST. HORRIBLE. When a character is built up to be one of the strongest bounty hunters in the galaxy, you usually wouldn't expect him/her to be a submissive little....baby! She can't use any of her cool things until Adam authorizes it! It puts her life in danger several times throughout the course of the game because Samus rather be cooked alive like a chicken than disobey Adam! This also brings up many problems in the gameplay because sometimes you have to use a weapon that hasn't even been authorized! So unless you have a knack for taking a WILD GUESS have fun WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO BEAT QUEEN METROID BECAUSE GOOD GAME DESIGN I GUESS I THINK?

• Thumbs Up 5

SAKAMOTO'S ULTIMATE VISION

Sonic 4 Samus Aran as you truly imagined it her.

It is in fact the case that they were practically subcontractors ruthlessly micromanaged by Sakamoto (by his own admission over the course of several interviews). The intentionally dumbed down controls that were pointed out to be flawed to him directly long before the game released? His fault. The pointlessly contrived linearity also pointed out to him? His fault. The horrible story and criminal character derailment? His fault. Forcing the player to sit through it, going so far as to claim that the story was the important part of this particular game and thus the player shouldn't be allowed to skip it? His fault.

Are there any theories as to what the hell happened to Sakamoto after Fusion? At least with MGS4 Kojima hinted very very heavily that he wanted no involvement in it, and that he was tired with the series. Was there similar stuff going on with Sakamoto? 

It just seems so odd to me that the guy who made Super Metroid, one of the best games I've ever played, turned around and seemed to completely miss the point of the game he made.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 25

Metal Mario and pink gold peach.

I just hate the idea of clones. These guys are just power ups from the metal box. If anything it should be a item in Mario kart. Really slow uphill, really fast downhill. Like going down a water fall ansmd stuff.

Anyways these characters are a waste of space. Even if they had all the other characters in this game like diddy and king boo I still wouldn't want them in. Whose next? Fire luigi? Or even worse, another metal character. Can't believe Nintendo thinks this is a thing.

It makes me wonder how the makers of this game were brainstorming these ideas.

Guy1 "OH OH OH I got an excellent idea! We got metal Mario right? How about we get metal peach?"

guy 2 "we gotta make her different more unique than metal Mario. *slams desk* PINK...GOLD...PEACH! am I right?"

Guy 3 "what about characters that are not clones?"

Guy2 *throws guy 3 out the window*