Awoo.

Bloodborne (PS4) "To Byrgenwerth we go!"

Badnik Mechanic

So there have been rumours flying around for months of a possible Demons Souls 2 in the works...

These were only intensified when the credits for Dark Souls 2 showed that it was made by a 'B Team' as opposed to the main team at From Software...

These originated at /v/ so beware... but if it is a fake... it's one hell of a good one.

CYdoKFf.png

2NhiI9V.jpg

kYntMAz.jpg

d7nuABO.png

DrMT22w.jpg

wjWGezH.png

And these screens came via someone at GAF(?)

bXVijMc.jpg

agLe5SG.jpg

Pwrbzs0.jpg

We also have this quote from the same source.

he walked around

fought enemies

i can describe a giant mindflayer type enemy

a character placing a shining magic sword into a pedestal at the base of a statue

a huge pyromancy fireball

shotguns

there was text "This is a nightmare."

It sure as hell looks like a real game, it also looks a lot like demon's/dark souls, only there's a lot of differences, that image of the dog with the men for example.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

Far too elaborate for your run of the mill hoax, but even if fake the writing is on the wall for a Sony x FROM collab anyways.

dH5SAJs.gif

I hope this has references to glorious Boletaria even if it's just DeSouls 2 spiritually.

And apparently, it's PS4-exclusive. Goddamn it, didn't they make Dark Souls purely to get away from the whole console exclusivity thing?

I guess I might get it... If I ever get a PS4. There's a whole lot of stuff I'll likely be buying before that, though.

From has the funny history of getting me to buy Sony consoles.  IRL friend of mine was actually talking about a souls game with renaissance era technology and how funny musketeer gank squads would be.

And apparently, it's PS4-exclusive. Goddamn it, didn't they make Dark Souls purely to get away from the whole console exclusivity thing?

Nope. 

In Japan Dark Souls is still PS3 exclusive. The porting to the Xbox 360 is apparently a Namco doing/influence.

Nope. 

In Japan Dark Souls is still PS3 exclusive. The porting to the Xbox 360 is apparently a Namco doing/influence.

Still, the lack of a PC version makes me sad, because we'll likely be getting 30fps, and I don't think I can stomach playing Souls at anything less than 60.

I guess I might get it... If I ever get a PS4. There's a whole lot of stuff I'll likely be buying before that, though.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is collaborating with From for this game, just like they did with Demons Souls. Exclusivity can be annoying, yeah, but you have to remember that Souls wouldn't even be around in the first place without SCEJ's involvement with the first game.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan is collaborating with From for this game, just like they did with Demons Souls. Exclusivity can be annoying, yeah, but you have to remember that Souls wouldn't even be around in the first place without SCEJ's involvement with the first game.

Well, I know that. But I'll still be a sad panda if this game doesn't run at a smooth 60. I've seen sentiments from people over at NeoGAF that they couldn't go back to DkS console because Souls just feels amazing on PC at 60.

Oh. Fair enough then. I'm used to 30fps Souls personally so it's not a big deal to me. I'm more concerned with the netcode for multiplayer.

Wait, Dark Souls and Demon Souls was From Softtware? The devs behind Armored Core?

I would have been interested in the games sooner if I'd know that.

Wait, Dark Souls and Demon Souls was From Softtware? The devs behind Armored Core?

I would have been interested in the games sooner if I'd know that.

Get on it, bro. Best games of Gen 7 right there. :P

Well, I know that. But I'll still be a sad panda if this game doesn't run at a smooth 60. I've seen sentiments from people over at NeoGAF that they couldn't go back to DkS console because Souls just feels amazing on PC at 60.

Sounds like a dumb reason to miss out on this and the best Souls game and probably many other games.

Sounds like a dumb reason to miss out on this and the best Souls game and probably many other games.

It's not a dealbreaker, but I don't exactly have a PS3 or a PS4, and I probably won't be getting one until the end of the year, either.

And I would probably end up finding Demons inferior to Dark anyway, I absolutely adore the inter-connected nature of DkS and its world, and would probably not like the level-based nature of Demons as much. Even DkSII, while it has its issues, introduced some huge improvements (mainly in the interface and making whips a viable weapon, the Old Whip is godly) that I really hope is carried over to this new title.

• 4 weeks later...

HOLY SHIT!

Gameplay leaked!

http://a.pomf.se/pfqpvs.webm

http://a.pomf.se/akfinw.webm

http://a.pomf.se/zoyrmx.webm

http://a.pomf.se/djsxfc.webm

Warning these are .webm's open 1 at a time if you don't know if your machine can cope.

Edit: Ok... links may or may not work in chrome. Links almost certainly won't work in IE. Links do work almost 100% of the time in firefox.

Very dodgy gif version if you can't get it to work.

e299976e546d639df7fabaf971c71672.gif

Youtube versions... watch em' whilst they last.

Really short clips, but my god it looks awesome.... as well as potentially being a sequel to Shadow Tower.

• Thumbs Up 3

OH SHIT

KIASFDKLJASDLKJASD E3 COME SOONER PLEASE, I CAN'T STAND THIS WAIT

Also - 

KtQ2nfg.png

119581-Spiderman-3-James-Franco-So-Go-gB

The real wait for E3 starts here...

Two things:

One: Sony needs to hire a plumber to fix their E3 leaks every year

Two: It looks amazing, but the gunplay, to me, would feel shoehorned if there aren't unique guns like The Order or the game is in a modern setting. It's a pet-peeve of mine.

Two things:

One: Sony needs to hire a plumber to fix their E3 leaks every year

Two: It looks amazing, but the gunplay, to me, would feel shoehorned if there aren't unique guns like The Order or the game is in a modern setting. It's a pet-peeve of mine.

Shotgun looks really short-ranged in that footage, and the Souls games have had projectile weapons before regardless. 

Fists, Hammers, Great Hammers, Axes, Great Axes, Daggers, Thrusting Swords, Straight Swords, Great Swords, Curved Swords, Spears, Halberds, Bows, Crossbows, Great Bows, and Whips. All of these function in unique ways and require the player to alter their playstyle accordingly.

Souls is the last game I'd worry about having shoehorned weapons. As far as slow, methodical combat goes (which we see in the leaked footage), there is literally no match for these games. 

Oh, it's not that it's projectile based. It's that it doesn't fit well with the original setting of the other games. And Shotguns are extremely powerful close range, so it works as a risk-reward system. If the game was set centuries or decades after DeSouls, it'd fit the setting is all I'm saying. This isn't anywhere near a deal-breaker, it just bothers me is all. Just hope we don't see Machine guns lol.

IMO the guns should be treated like powerful spells: hard to land and very resource limited but rewarding when used correctly. Either that or have them be utility based with little to no damage (see DMC) to prevent cheesing.

oh also something something e3 already won something sticky white stuff something

Guns are always risky in a game like this: if not balanced properly, you can end up being way too OP like in Fable II and III.

But yeah, hype train coming indeed.

I imagine they'll be flintlock style where if they miss that's about all you get for a while.  I already see people firing their one shot then quickly menu unequipping it to save the burden.  

• 2 weeks later...

It is 4am... I have to be out of the house by 8am...

I have done a basic topic/op edit... will do a full one later tonight when I don't need sleep.