Awoo.

Bloodborne (PS4) "To Byrgenwerth we go!"

Badnik Mechanic

5515d491f3aed.png

do I look cute in this top

It matches your eyes.  :wub:

I finally beat Father Gascoine, he wasn't so bad. I think I'm just gonna farm all day tomorrow lol.

Geez man. This game is kicking my ass. I made it to the Blood-starved Beast without any assistance, but I think it's time to call in the reinforcements for this one. The poison is by far the worst part.

So fun fact, when I said I had tons of trouble with the first boss, I meant Father Gascoigne.  Apparently Cleric Beast is supposed to be first but I skipped him without even realizing it.  WHOOPS.

Anyways, I've beaten two additional bosses past Blood-Starved Beast (I consider dropping the names of any boss after that to be spoiler territory) plus the first Chalice Dungeon and its three bosses.  I'm starting to get sick of fighting the same villager enemies constantly, but hopefully the variety will pick up soon.  

After beating the fourth boss, I went through to the next area, explored it, beat that area's boss, got the important items, and now I'm kinda lost.  I've had a key for several hours that I can't find a door for even though the description made it sound like it'd be fairly easy to find.  Not gonna use a walkthrough until I've completely given up, but I'll say that I've had a bit of a harder time getting my bearings of the layouts of the levels than I did in the previous games.

Quick question: is this game enjoyable on its own, or would playing Dark Souls help me appreciate it more? Even if they're fairly standalone, I'd like to know if there's some appreciation to be had with prior knowledge.

You might want to try out the previous games to understand what you will be getting into. That being said, it isn't really necessary.

So fun fact, when I said I had tons of trouble with the first boss, I meant Father Gascoigne.  Apparently Cleric Beast is supposed to be first but I skipped him without even realizing it.  WHOOPS.

Anyways, I've beaten two additional bosses past Blood-Starved Beast (I consider dropping the names of any boss after that to be spoiler territory) plus the first Chalice Dungeon and its three bosses.  I'm starting to get sick of fighting the same villager enemies constantly, but hopefully the variety will pick up soon.  

After beating the fourth boss, I went through to the next area, explored it, beat that area's boss, got the important items, and now I'm kinda lost.  I've had a key for several hours that I can't find a door for even though the description made it sound like it'd be fairly easy to find.  Not gonna use a walkthrough until I've completely given up, but I'll say that I've had a bit of a harder time getting my bearings of the layouts of the levels than I did in the previous games.

There's an area you probably missed after beating BSB.

Go back to the Chapel with the blind hag - on the right side of the wall, down the stairs, there's a door that was closed before that opens when you kill the BSB. Down that path is where you use the key.

Father Gascoigne. 

Figured out that you can pin him up against some gravestones near the entrance while you just stand on the other side lmao. Never figured out how to get around it and made it pretty easy...

until his health dropped at a certain point and, well, yeah you know how it goes D; 

Everybody having trouble with Father G needs to read the item descriptions more. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I got the

arm blade

weapon and holy shit if I wasn't such a hammer lover I would be rocking that shit all day. Maybe in NG+

Hammer is love, hammer is life

Quick question: is this game enjoyable on its own, or would playing Dark Souls help me appreciate it more? Even if they're fairly standalone, I'd like to know if there's some appreciation to be had with prior knowledge.

Not a sequel and the gameplay system is quite different (much better if you like fast paced combat). Heck, playing one will probably create bad habits for the other.

Tho Demon, Dark1 and BB share the same core design so if you like one give a chance to the others at some point.

Alright, managed to get past the confusing situation I was in and now my progress is back on track.  Thankfully, the last boss I faced ( I believe it was boss number 7, excluding Chalice stuff) and some bits in the last area started to get more weird and interesting to look at, definitely bringing out the old Miyazaki charm.  Hopefully it'll continue that way.

I haven't found any new weapons, but I can safely say that this is the most satisfying melee combat out of any of the Souls games.  Hell, I'd go as far to say it's my favorite melee combat in any action game.

Haven't been able to play much at all. Just beat my fourth boss. 

Game's still a dime

that means 10

Has anyone found the Moonlight Greatsword yet. I'm gonna be seriously upset if it doesn't exist. 

Haven't been able to play much at all. Just beat my fourth boss. 

Game's still a dime

that means 10

I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm trying to make it to my third. Having a job sucks :P

Today I found out the Doll reacts to some gestures.

Experimentation led me to discover the shake off cape gesture motion actually makes a little wind gust that can interact with other characters' clothing.

Mind = blown

I just beat the Blood Starved Beast, and now I'm a bit confused on where I need to go next. Plz help meh ;_;

Have you thoroughly explored the Cathedral Ward? I'm still on BSB but I saw paths leading to other areas there.

Have you thoroughly explored the Cathedral Ward? I'm still on BSB but I saw paths leading to other areas there.

I'll try exploring more, I already went into the tower where you get ambushed by a beast and that just lead me back to the top of Old Yharnum  and then I hit a dead end. I'm probably just blind.

02ww3oT.jpg

My nightly hunt begins...! Eventually...!

I have a lot of work to do over the next two weeks, so probably won't get much if any time to play it... sigh... also the stuff in this thing is incredible, one of the best CE's for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 2

My nightly hunt begins...! Eventually...!

I have a lot of work to do over the next two weeks, so probably won't get much if any time to play it... sigh... also the stuff in this thing is incredible, one of the best CE's for a long time.

Alright, had a very long play session today and I think I'm near the end.  The last couple bosses were really cool, with the music really improving and often getting a lot scarier.

I'm currently at another boss, and I'm not sure if it's the final boss or not, but.....it's fucking impossible.  Like, not the "I've got it this time" kind of hard, I mean throwing your controller at a concrete wall and cursing the designer's name kind of hard.  I went solo through the whole rest of the game but this might be the part that breaks me.

More info in spoilers (like I said, it may or may not be the final boss, I'm not sure, but it's a big spoiler):

Fucking Gerhman.  Holy SHIT.  Father Gascoigne already made me hate the "hunter vs. hunter" kind of boss, but god damn, this guy is a NIGHTMARE.  I'm sorry, but he is so fast and so relentless that I'm actually tempted to call it unfair.  I had full bullets when I first got to him, including the 99 max in storage, and I burned through ALL OF THEM.  I'm so mad right now you have no idea.

Alright, had a very long play session today and I think I'm near the end.  The last couple bosses were really cool, with the music really improving and often getting a lot scarier.

I'm currently at another boss, and I'm not sure if it's the final boss or not, but.....it's fucking impossible.  Like, not the "I've got it this time" kind of hard, I mean throwing your controller at a concrete wall and cursing the designer's name kind of hard.  I went solo through the whole rest of the game but this might be the part that breaks me.

More info in spoilers (like I said, it may or may not be the final boss, I'm not sure, but it's a big spoiler):

Fucking Gerhman.  Holy SHIT.  Father Gascoigne already made me hate the "hunter vs. hunter" kind of boss, but god damn, this guy is a NIGHTMARE.  I'm sorry, but he is so fast and so relentless that I'm actually tempted to call it unfair.  I had full bullets when I first got to him, including the 99 max in storage, and I burned through ALL OF THEM.  I'm so mad right now you have no idea.

I wish I had more time to play this game, because its really really fucking fun and challenging. I just have no free time for this shit like I used to, I come home from work and pass out, and play an hour or 2 lol.