Awoo.

Theory: Scourge in Sonic Generations?!

speedhog58

As we all know, Sonic Generations had an overall happy ending, the Time eater was destroyed, Eggman was defeated and Classic Sonic was free to return to his own time...or was he?

In the after credits of Sonic Generations it is shown that both Modern and Classic Eggman are trapped in whitespace…a realm where things go after being erased from time…

Both antagonists have no possible way of escape, Eggman has not only been removed but effectively ERASED from Sonic’s timeline

Those of you who read Archie comic’s Sonic the hedgehog are probably familiar with Scourge, Sonic’s evil alternate dimension counterpart, he ultimately becomes evil because there was no threat from Eggman to mold him into a hero

So the bottom line is, by inadvertently erasing Eggman from time Sonic has rewrote his timeline to possibly lead to a sega canon Scourge

But Eggman is back in Sonic Lost world! Not only that but no explanation is given on how he is either, nor is it explained how Orbot and Cubot are still around despite Eggman leaving them in the middle of space prior to Generations, and with Generations linking directly to Sonic colors you’d think a more story focussed game like Lost world would explain something like that

The answer? Simple…in Sonic Lost world is clearly set in a dimension where Sonic Generations never happened, this is also hinted with Eggman having Robotization technology which has never been featured in any previous games and also note that Amy’s personality is noticeably different than in previous games

So what do you think of this Theory? Could there be material for a game continuity Scourge or am I just some raving luny that should be locked away in a cage?

Later! ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

So what do you think of this Theory? Could there be material for a game continuity Scourge or am I just some raving luny that should be locked away in a cage?

Later! wink.png

You're a raving luny that should be locked away in a cage.

It wasn't explained, because there's no ongoing story. There's just random stories. Scourge isn't part of the game series and he'll never be. He's not even going to return to the comics.

You're a raving luny that should be locked away in a cage.

It wasn't explained, because there's no ongoing story. There's just random stories. Scourge isn't part of the game series and he'll never be. He's not even going to return to the comics.

Okaayy...no need to be nasty :(

The answer? Simple…in Sonic Lost world is clearly set in a dimension where Sonic Generations never happened,

Honestly, considering how unconnected Sonic Lost World's plot is from every other Sonic game, it makes just as much sense to say that that game could take place at any point after Sonic 3.

it this is also hinted with Eggman having Robotization technology which has never been featured in any previous games

That's because it's really no different from how the Classic games handled it. You put animal in robot, the robot works--nothing complicated.

and also note that Amy’s personality is noticeably different than in previous games

Not really. Amy's side of Sonic Adventure's story had her go out of her way to help a little bird reunited with their family. Even her crush on Sonic there was a bit more downplayed than in some of the later games. It's not even like her crush on Sonic is completely absent in Lost World, either--she was clearly about to give a declaration of love before she essentially died from the energy-draining machine.

So what do you think of this Theory? Could there be material for a game continuity Scourge

... Not really. Not only do the dev team likely don't even know that Scourge's a thing, there's a high chance that he will not even show up in the comics anymore.

• Thumbs Up 8

Scourge in the game universe?

Nah. Comic/SatAM/AoSTH characters have had cameos in Spinball and Mean Bean Machine is pretty much all AoSTH-based, but actually appearing as part of the game itself? Wouldn't happen.

Much as I actually like Scourge (when he became Scourge, anyway), this is just wishful thinking. Archie and SEGA Sonic have always been, will continue to remain separate (even though Archie is becoming more SEGA-esque, now, it's still very different).

So the bottom line is, by inadvertently erasing Eggman from time Sonic has rewrote his timeline to possibly lead to a sega canon Scourge

Eggman wasn't erased... they obviously get out of the White Space... And, in any case, Scourge's home dimension had a Robotnik analog too. I don't even know how you'd come to the conclusion that one Sonic would become an Evil Sonic just by removing his archenemy from the picture.

The answer? Simple…in Sonic Lost world is clearly set in a dimension where Sonic Generations never happened, this is also hinted with Eggman having Robotization technology which has never been featured in any previous games and also note that Amy’s personality is noticeably different than in previous games

The two processes aren't really the same, like Komodin points out. And Amy's personality is different is because Sonic Team's writers are too lazy to do anything interesting with her. And in the case of Lost World, she was just shoved in there as a token cameo, because apparently SEGA has some misguided belief that characters after the "classic" era make the fandom as a whole retch.

As we all know, Sonic Generations had an overall happy ending, the Time eater was destroyed, Eggman was defeated and Classic Sonic was free to return to his own time...or was he?

In the after credits of Sonic Generations it is shown that both Modern and Classic Eggman are trapped in whitespace…a realm where things go after being erased from time…

Both antagonists have no possible way of escape, Eggman has not only been removed but effectively ERASED from Sonic’s timeline

Those of you who read Archie comic’s Sonic the hedgehog are probably familiar with Scourge, Sonic’s evil alternate dimension counterpart, he ultimately becomes evil because there was no threat from Eggman to mold him into a hero

But Eggman is back in Sonic Lost world! Not only that but no explanation is given on how he is either, nor is it explained how Orbot and Cubot are still around despite Eggman leaving them in the middle of space prior to Generations, and with Generations linking directly to Sonic colors you’d think a more story focussed game like Lost world would explain something like that

Later! wink.png

If you need an explanation for how the Eggmen got out of that white void, maybe they built themselves a teleportation device using nothing more than a couple pencils, scraps of paper, some paperclips and the gold on Modern Eggman's suit, Tails-style.

• Thumbs Up 1

she was clearly about to give a declaration of love before she essentially died from the energy-draining machine.

Oh you mean a declaration of love she hasn't already given before

Okaayy...no need to be nasty sad.png

Um...he directly quoted your post :P

But yeah, I'd prefer the universes all stay seperate, not that I think they'd ever bring them together anyway.... though a new "evil sonic" character could have potential....

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh you mean a declaration of love she hasn't already given before

... Yes? The girl was about to succumb to the life-taking energy machine there, so as far as she was aware, that was literally the last chance she had to say it. I don't know about you, mang, but if I was fancying someone and I was about to die, I'd still at least try to tell them I love them, even if I've already said such many times before.

• Thumbs Up 4

No characters (let alone anything at all aside from chili dogs, but even then one could thank AoSTH for that) has ever gotten in from the Archie canon to the Game canon prior to Sonic 06, within Sonic 06, and after Sonic 06.

Sorry to burst you're bubble, but I think you're just overthinking things, pal.

Oh, and a little advice:

or am I just some raving luny that should be locked away in a cage?

Don't say things like that. It's just instigation bait for guerilla snarkfare.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhhhh I don't think Sonic Team even know or care about some green Sonic recolour from an American comic book series so it's highly unlikely that Scourge, in fact, ANY Archie Sonic characters will appear in a future Sonic game.

Also, Sonic Generations barely has a flipping plot so how would that work?

• Thumbs Up 1

I bloody well hope not. The last thing we need is more ammo for Pen Kenders :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, considering how unconnected Sonic Lost World's plot is from every other Sonic game, it makes just as much sense to say that that game could take place at any point after Sonic 3.

That's because it's really no different from how the Classic games handled it. You put animal in robot, the robot works--nothing complicated.

Not really. Amy's side of Sonic Adventure's story had her go out of her way to help a little bird reunited with their family. Even her crush on Sonic there was a bit more downplayed than in some of the later games. It's not even like her crush on Sonic is completely absent in Lost World, either--she was clearly about to give a declaration of love before she essentially died from the energy-draining machine.

... Not really. Not only do the dev team likely don't even know that Scourge's a thing, there's a high chance that he will not even show up in the comics anymore.

Sonic Lost World can only happen after Sonic Generations because of Orbot and Cubot and the Wisps.

No.

Comic characters will never appear in the games. There's nothing to discuss, as such I will be locking this.