Awoo.

Anyone else think Shadow the Hedgehog's soundtrack is underrated?

Froggy

I could never really get into Shadow's OST, a lot of it blends together for me, due to most of it being classified as hard rock. Granted, the remix of Sonic Adventure 2's Gun Mobile theme is slightly better than the original (those drums!), and I do love every vocal theme with the exception of Almost Dead, but after hearing so many recommend it to me after it was one of the few Sonic soundtracks I never listened to, I grew really bored of it and just stopped listening after a while. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but it's by far one of the weakest Sonic soundtracks IMO.

Still, as I said, the vocal themes are always something for me to come back to, and while I do enjoy the the song Chosen One, Broken would have fit much better, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noBucnkjd6k

• Thumbs Up 1

While I've certainly got to say that the soundtrack is forgettable, as I personally couldn't tell apart certain songs from another just by listening to them, I will say I absolutely adore every track all the same.

Digital Circuit, Death Ruins and Cosmic Falls being some of my favorites, naturally.

However, seeing as I bought it off Itunes, I'm a bit miffed this one isn't in there with the rest of the track. Because this is, after all, where that damn fourth chaos emerald was:

Final Haunt's music sounds like something to get high to. Doesn't help when the first thing Shadow say is, "I can feel them... they're everywhere!"

• Thumbs Up 3

I never understood why the game made the music so muffled. Disc space? If you actually listen to it in high quality (not so overly compressed), it's so much nicer. Same with SA2. Heroes in-game music when playing it was much clearer. If I remember right I think shadow used Dolby 5.1 and Heroes used Dolby Surround.

Anyway I loved the game's ost. Really catchy and original sounding.

ABSOLUTELY.

While this isn't my favourite Sonic OST by a long shot, it goes perfectly with the game's darker atmosphere. I enjoyed a solid majority of the soundtrack, from the dangerous battleground of Westopolis to the tension of Cosmic Fall, to the badass motorcycle on Lethal Highway and to the sheer headbanging goodness that is Final Haunt.

The cutscene music wasn't half bad, and the boss themes were surprisingly pretty good.

The vocal tracks for the most part were fantastic! I Am....All of Me and Never Turn Back were great themes by Crush 40, and the Doc Robeatnix Mix of E.G.G.M.A.N. is by FAR  the best version of the song yet. The only song I hated from the OST was Almost Dead by Powerman 5000 was because of how overly dark and weird it sounded. Overall, pretty good stuff.

(Sadly, for the life of me, I can't remember what Air Fleet sounds like. Won't stop me from puuting it here though:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze-rJzNNBJI

I really like Shadow's game music. I liked it enough to seek out both releases, the vocal tracks and the official soundtrack.

Before anyone says the tracks are available on itunes...many of them aren't. There are 94 tracks on the official soundtrack and 7 tracks on the vocal tracks. The itunes release took most of it out and just mashed up what was left into 30 tracks.

Shadow the Hedgehog really doesn't have many memorable songs.

Most of the soundtrack is just white noise.

Glad to see some love for Final Haunt on here. If you don't give it a listen and find yourself headbanging to it, you're doing music wrong.

Like someone here already said, the soundtrack is probably good stuff but it really is forgetable, I used to play the game a lot even and I don't really remember any of the soundtrack, except for the ending songs which are really really good and the opening one too of course.

I'll have to give it a listen nonetheless.

Shadow definitely had some good tracks thrown in there, but most of it was too rough and grungy for me. There wasn't a lot of charm. And yes, I know, charm isn't exactly the focus for that game. But regardless, very few tracks left a good impression on me.

I will admit though, Sky Troops is my jam.

Edited by Indigo Rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noBucnkjd6k

Whenever I listen to Broken, I can't help but think of what other awesome things were foregone in favor of the lackluster product we ended up getting.  Probably not that much, mind you, but still.  This song is so great, I'm disappointed that it (and Who I Am) were omitted. =/

• Thumbs Up 2

^Same, I believe the bands decided to cut out the middle man and sell the songs first party, don't blame them really tongue.png

The level themes are generally kind of nice, not that memorable due to sticking rather strictly to techno/rock and being slightly more ambient in nature, but the vast majority of of them are quite nice to listen to when you take the time to.

The lyrical themes are where it's at though, again, about one or two exceptions (Almost Dead...no thanks) but generally awesome. I cannot get enough of "Never Turn Back"

Eggman's theme as well, I do prefer the original E.G.G.M.A.N, but it's a kickass remix.

I love Sky Troops even though it's repetitive. It still has an epic feel to it that matches the grand open-ness that should be that standard for the trope of sky levels.

Cosmic Fall, Mad Matrix and Final Haunt are all great level themes and I Am (All Of Me) is my favorite Crush 40 song.

However that's about all I can say because although I genuinely like the soundtrack, I find myself struggling to write anything noteworthy about it. I can see how a lot of the tracks are bland and forgettable and it's more of a guilty pleasure rather than something I can gush about on and on.