Awoo.

"Game on": Microsoft E3 2014 press conference

Detective Shadzter

"Game on": Microsoft dates Xbox E3 2014 conference

Known and unannounced Xbox One games to feature

Posted on Tuesday 6-May-2014 3:48 PM BST

By Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, Deputy Editor for OXM

Oh goodness gravy, it's almost time for E3 again. Microsoft has dated its conference presser, tantalisingly titled "Game on" - it'll be streamed on Xbox.com, Windows Phone and Xbox Live from 9.30am PDT on 9th June 2014, and will be pre-empted by half-an-hour's pre-show coverage. We'll be there, Tweeting waspishly about queue lengths and the music. Will you?

"During the briefing, you'll be treated to everything from in-depth looks at previously announced games to trailers for our unannounced games coming in 2014 and beyond," notes the attached copy. There will also be "a number of fan-centric events both before and after Xbox: Game On for those fans that are in LA, and for those who are watching around the world". You should all "stay tuned for more details on those activities as we get closer to E3".

Games expected to appear on the day include Halo and Sunset Overdrive. Any hopes, dreams or fears to share?

http://www.totalxbox.com/76032/game-on-microsoft-dates-xbox-e3-2014-conference/

Can't wait to see what Microsoft has in store and I look forward to seeing more of already announced games like Halo and Sunset Overdrive. 9:30am Pacific would make it 5:30pm here in the UK if I know my time zones, and with it being on the day before my wife's Birthday, then I can watch it live with you guys biggrin.png

EDIT:

Official stream link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/e3#fbid=MMrBECYrVmc

• Thumbs Up 2

This'll be entertaining - to say the least.

As with every Microsoft conference though, I really want them to announce a Midtown Madness sequel or spiritual successor. If there is one series I enjoyed from the older Microsoft catalogue, that would be it.

As for that article though, 'fan-centric events both before and after [the main event]'. I know they're struggling to get down to 90 minutes, so splitting it up into numerous events will be good. And can focus in on specific areas where the main conference won't be able.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only real news about this event i'm looking forward to is the Season 2 announcement of Killer Instinct. The only other way Microsoft can catch my interest is announcing a new IP that is actually looking interesting, resurrecting a good one that was forgotten like Blinx or Alan Wake, or announcing a crossover game like Smash Bros. and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft will do something at E3 that's never been done before

The question is, what?

Posted on Monday 19-May-2014 5:32 PM BST By Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, Deputy Editor for OXM

Microsoft is going to Do a Thing at E3, a Thing that has never been Done. Major Nelson says so. "It's going to be the first time this has ever been done at E3," he observes in a podcast picked up by Gamespot, sealing the deal with a whispered "ever". Bate thy breath, internet.

http://www.totalxbox.com/76657/microsoft-will-do-something-at-e3-thats-never-been-done-before/

I'm intrigued. I look forward to seeing what it is.

They get a bear, a bird and an old lady and put them in a ring. They wrestle each other live. After the match Banjo-Threeie is announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be anything....BUT Banjo Threeie. That will probably never happen.

I don't think that's true. After Kinect Sports Rivals bombing and Microsoft dropping forced Kinect I don't think Rare will stick with Kinect games. Banjo is probably their most well known series and the leads of the previous games are still around.

Maybe Microsoft will steal Nintendo's/Discoid's plan of turning their presentation into a literal circus act.

52dcaba118cf7.png

I don't think that's true. After Kinect Sports Rivals bombing and Microsoft dropping forced Kinect I don't think Rare will stick with Kinect games. Banjo is probably their most well known series and the leads of the previous games are still around.

Rare said back in March Kinect is no longer their focus and they aim to revisit their classic IPs (presumably in anticipation of Kinect Sports Rivals underperforming).

Though a recent report said they are currently evaluating what to do now that the Kinect is no longer required for the Xbone. Making a good non-Kinect game would be a great start. :UUU

• 2 weeks later...

Are we just making this thread the official MS conference topic? I'm down with that if you guys are.

Are we just making this thread the official MS conference topic? I'm down with that if you guys are.

Yeah, that's cool with me. 

Yeah, that's cool with me. 

Good stuff, the topic title could possibly use a change in that case. I'll leave that up to you.

I've been hearing rumors across the net that No Man's Sky, once being developed for the PS4, has been acquired as an Xbox One exclusive by Microsoft. Devastating to me if true, as it looked and sounded like a great game, and I have no will nor money to buy an Xbone. My next gen plans only factor in the Wii U and PS4 and money is tight. If it is true, I should think that it will be very smugly shown off during this conference.

Urgh. I have an exam 830 tomorrow and this conference starts at like 3am or something australian time. I wanna drink and livepost this shit but I should probably not fail a university subject for the sake of videogames.

Aaaaah life decisions.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm excited for Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2...and that's it. Hopefully there's lots of new IPs shown.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Hopefully they'll have some new IPs, too. 

Sunset Overdrive and...err, yeah. I think that's it lol. I want to see more from Quantum Break too since the idea behind the game sounds intriguing to say the least.

Not long now!

Sunset Overdrive and...err, yeah. I think that's it lol. I want to see more from Quantum Break too since the idea behind the game sounds intriguing to say the least.

Not long now!

Quantum Break is not gonna be shown at E3. They said they'll show more at Gamescom.

Watching it on my Xbox 360 and they turned the sound on early. I heard some banter like "Woo! That smell" and something about "the boss watching" before a woman did a countdown from 10-1. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Quantum Break is not gonna be shown at E3. They said they'll show more at Gamescom.

Aw shame. D: Well then looks like it'll just be Sunset Overdrive. Or we might get some surprise new IP's that interest me.

Rod Ferguson is there. They must be showing something for Gears of War :-O

Hahah check it out it's 2:20 and I'm still awake. I might watch until like 4am ish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They just thanked the LAPD.

Are they having Sony arrested? 

They just thanked the LAPD.

Are they having Sony arrested? 

The police wouldn't let their Sunset Overdrive bus in at first. 

The police wouldn't let their Sunset Overdrive bus in at first. 

Ok that's funnier than any joke we could have come up with.

Also digging this music, it sounds like the start of some kind of wild west adventure movie.... "A long time ago there were these gamers who rode through the skies looking for the fabled E3..."