Awoo.

"Game on": Microsoft E3 2014 press conference

Detective Shadzter

Goddamnit. That was the first conference in a very long time from Microsoft which I truly did enjoy. Bravo guys.

It's the first goddamn trailer and it's being made by Platinum.

I think it's a pretty fucking safe bet it'll be good.

Show me the gameplay to back it up.

When has a Platinum game ever not been good? Like really?

When Anarchy Reigns came out.

That was a good conference. If I had the money, I'd buy one. I may buy one later. Though props to MS getting their heads on straght for this conference.

We're sure Monster May Cry will be good but the gameplay has to be beyond orgasmic to justify spending $400-$500 for just one game.

Price drop makes that a little easier.

I wonder if MS presenting a Platinum IP at E3 will finally mean that Platinum finally get their due spotlight in the gaming world. It would be a shame, if after all this, the game only has modest sales figures. Seems to be Plat's biggest curse ATM.

Really surprised by the conference as a whole. Didn't expect to see a platinum title out. The Conker tease was just off-colour though. Sunset Overdrive is probably the most interesting shown in the conference.

Quite impressed as a whole.

C.

G.

Who.

Fucking.

Cares.

If this game was made by anyone else in the entire world I would also be shitting all over a CG trailer, but it's being developed by the one man and team I actually trust in gaming. Kamiya does not fuck around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just realised they didn't talk Gears of War at all when I saw the logo at the end there. Thought that pre-show thing was a tease.

Show me a track record that suggests otherwise.

LOL and Anarchy Reigns? Really?

Which was due to Sega's shitty marketing for the game, and not the game itself.

So conference over.

Conference was, pretty decent, best one MS has done for years though considering their past standard that wasn't too hard, though that said it was a pretty decent conference.

Started off really strongly, Sunset Overdrive was the best game shown for me.

However it did become kinda dull at times, the Fable thing went on for far too long, the Division segment was boring as hell and if you're not into Halo... well... Also a ton of Multiformat titles announced which was good.

So yeah, pretty decent conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

#1. Not Kamiya

#2. Good game- unfortunately no one played the best part. The multiplayer is fantastic if you can get a match.

I know it'll be a good game, but the fact that I don't actually get to see what it plays like is disappointing. The CG trailer did nothing for me, personally.

That aside though, I think that'll be the best conference of this year. They showed off some absolutely spectacular games. I'm particularly hyped for The Witcher, Inside, and Ori. I won't be playing them on Xbox, but when I do eventually get one I'll be sure to pick up the Halo Collection the moment I get the chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not too bothered myself to be honest. 

I'm not going to be getting a new console for a while (might even be next gen, if things continue on like this), so I'm just glad to see Microsoft doing the right things. A company that has been pushed into a corner can often pull off amazing things.

• Thumbs Up 1

So conference over.

Conference was, pretty decent, best one MS has done for years though considering their past standard that wasn't too hard, though that said it was a pretty decent conference.

Started off really strongly, Sunset Overdrive was the best game shown for me.

However it did become kinda dull at times, the Fable thing went on for far too long, the Division segment was boring as hell and if you're not into Halo... well... Also a ton of Multiformat titles announced which was good.

So yeah, pretty decent conference.

I loved the new The Division gameplay but that's just me. I'm just glad they didn't downgrade the game.

Yup; on its own it was an okay, yet solid conference, but compared to last year? This was a freaking godsend. Can't deny MS learned from their mistakes and brought their own brand of hype. That Sunset Overdrive nnd Platinum Games new title really got my attention, as well as Crackdown III.

Not an incentive to get an Xbox One. (like I have the financial stability right now to ever get a next-gen console at this rate)..but damnit Mircosoft you did good enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

The stuff being shown now in the Xbox Live Event Player says to pre-order Sunset Overdrive at participating retailers to get exclusive weapons and a Fizzie outfit.

I loved the new The Division gameplay but that's just me. I'm just glad they didn't downgrade the game.

I didn't like that segment for the following reasons.

1: It's Ubisoft, odds are the game will look/play radically different in 5 months time.

2: I really wish developers would stop talking over the game, it doesn't make it more exciting.

Did anyone else notice that they never said this word once....

Kinect

That's cause they pretty much killed it.

Also Kamiya's game will probably be released in Holiday two years from now, given that all we saw was a CG trailer. This saddens me. 

Well, of course they might have more to show, but MS may have just shunted them aside for the more popular IP they had. Which would also sadden me.