Awoo.

"Game on": Microsoft E3 2014 press conference

Detective Shadzter

gonna get a Xbox One after all, Because it has HALO 2 MP and no bull crap of Halo 4/reach edited in, you can't say a no to 100Maps MP and having all the old content from the games for 60$ a disc, totally a system seller.

edited! sorry forgot to put the engines.

So, I'm reading through the posts and it sounds like Microsoft did a great job at the conference. Good on ya Microsoft! I'll have to check the conference vid later when I get the chance.

I have to give Microsoft credit, they did a great job with their conference for this E3 by focusing on the games instead of being all flashy. Conker making a return was the biggest surprise for me. 

I have to give Microsoft credit, they did a great job with their conference for this E3 by focusing on the games instead of being all flashy. Conker making a return was the biggest surprise for me. 

I wanted to like their conference, I mean it was pretty much all games all the time which is all we can really ask for, but in my opinion it lacked something which I'm struggling to put my finger on. Presence? Pizzazz? Snappiness? Was it too long? Too few exclusives? No megatons? I didn't come away from MS' event (which I just saw today; I watched one conference every evening) excited about anything other than Assassin's Creed, but even then I know I'll never be able to gather the people necessary to do that 4-player co-op stuff. Maybe there'll be split-screen local co-op..? I'd love to play it with the missus.

There were plenty of other good looking games there too, don't get me wrong, but all too often the word "first" was used, rather than "exclusive," so I can get most of the games on display at their event on the PS4. The Halo stuff was good, and Sunset Overdrive looked like Ratchet & Clank crossed over with Infamous, GTA and JSR, but I need more to entice me into buying this system.

Nothing they had to show was a system seller for me. For others, yes, but not me.