Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Why such a low-key "quiet" announcement? You's think they would really want people to know about this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

ITS ABOUT FUKING TIEM NINTENDO/GAME FREAK!

They finally got to our Ruby and Sapphire remakes and it took them so many years to get to it. I do wonder how much Gen 6's mechanics will affect Ruby and Sapphire but damn, Gen 3 is my favorite Gen overall and I'm pretty damn excited they're finally doing this in this really awesome gen.

• Thumbs Up 7

Why such a low-key "quiet" announcement? You's think they would really want people to know about this. 

Judging from how I reacted "WAIT WHAT THE HELL WHERE DID THIS COME FROM MUST TWEET", they're probably relying on everyone doing that. 

Let's celebrate

Obligatory "Hoenn Confirmed" post

but seriously holy shit I did /not/ expect this. Can anyone say damage control?

• Thumbs Up 2

Talk about compensation after that sales report.

It's like the lollipop after falling and bruising your knee.

A really, really gruesome knee bruising.

And a really, really amazing lollipop.

• Thumbs Up 8

This is pretty good and all--I'm especially looking forward to the inevitable remake of the Groudon vs. Kyogre battle--but why didn't they announce this with more fanfare than just this?

Honestly, what other reaction could i had? I grew up with Gen III, so it's natural for me to rejoice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eurgh the box art looks so bad! Anyone else think they might be Mega Evolutions? :P

But hooray! Gen 3's my favourite generation :D

but seriously holy shit I did /not/ expect this. Can anyone say damage control?

Let's hope the damage control applies to more than just Pokemon this year. :v

But yeah this announcement is.. mad neat! I really didn't like gen 3 lmao (or.. at least I really don't now), but I can't help but feel good about Nintendo doing one of the things everyone wanted them to do. Hope it gets lots of gen 6 based improvements! I heard HG/SS was one of the best Pokemon games ever made due to that.

Judging by NOE's Tweet/Video, it seems like Europe's game cases will be red/blue, really hope they do that here in NA too. 

BnCeUi5CQAMiGU2.png

Uh hey guys

The UK Trailer says PEGI 7.

Making it the first mainseries Pokémon game to ever have an age rating above 3+ in Europe.

Hm????????????????????????????????

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I just came

This is finally happening. It's really happening. This is the haps.

*Ahem* HOENN CONFIRMED!!! For real this time and about fucking time. I guess now it's possible to trade from gen 3-4-5-6... And back to gen3?

Funny I just got done replaying Emerald yesterday and now this.

Curious as to what or if any new features will come out of this.

SCEPTILE CONFIRMED for Smash Bros.  Seriously, I'm sure of it now.

I don't even like Hoenn and I'm really excited for this.  I don't think it needs remaking, but I am really excited to see what they can do with Hoenn after all these years - wait, it's seriously been more than a decade?  Wow.

I'm expecting Mega Evolutions for all starters and other Hoenn Pokemon, I'm expecting the plot from Emerald with both teams being evil and the legendaries battling out, I'm hoping for an improved Battle Frontier and vast, vast improvements to the utter boringness of the waterlogged eastern half of the map.  I'm also going to tentatively say maybe Mega Evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre which actually make it an even fight rather than Kyogre curb-stomping both Groudon and Rayquaza.  Don't let me down, GameFreak.

Hmm. Anyone notice the theme naming here?

Alpha is the first letter in the Greek alphabet, and is considered "The beginning", while Omega is the last letter and considered "The End". So Kyogre represents the beginning of humanity and Groudon the end?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but it would tie into the whole "Destruction and recreation" thing X & Y had going on.

*Ahem* HOENN CONFIRMED!!! For real this time and about fucking time. I guess now it's possible to trade from gen 3-4-5-6... And back to gen3?

Tim-and-Eric-Space-Explosions.gif

The more I think about this, the more hyped I am. Really can't wait to see the actual game and what features they have in store. Ruby was my first Pokemon game, so I guess it's obvious that I'd be really happy about this, but I was pretty laid back about whether or not we'd get remakes...but now that they're confirmed my emotions are all over the place.

Oh, and I guess we'll see contests make their return? Possibly?

I really need a 3DS

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm. Anyone notice the theme naming here?

Alpha is the first letter in the Greek alphabet, and is considered "The beginning", while Omega is the last letter and considered "The End". So Kyogre represents the beginning of humanity and Groudon the end?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but it would tie into the whole "Destruction and recreation" thing X & Y had going on.

It's considered that because it's the beginning and the end of the alphabet. :V 

As for the game cases though, I hope the cartridges are also coloured to match the coloured boxes. It'd be nice. But yeah, I'm not feeling the hype. Perhaps it's because I never played Ruby or Sapphire. I do look forward to it, sure, but unless we get footage and more info on the game features, I'm not gonna be too excited about this.

Finally, now I can show Twitch how it's done once again.

Eurgh the box art looks so bad! Anyone else think they might be Mega Evolutions? tongue.png

Good question!  Both Groudon and Kyogre look a lot cooler, but they already glowed with power at cinematic moments.  However!  Compare Kyogre's classic design to the Alpha Sapphire box art:

250px-382Kyogre.pngsapphirebox.jpg

Kyogre has a whole bunch of new glowy lines that it never had before!  The glow is also far more intense on its flippers.  It's harder to pick out any significant differences on Groudon other than being drawn in a more badass style, but on the other hand we can't see its far more decorative back... whereas the evidence of Kyogre suggests that these may indeed be Mega Evolutions.

• Thumbs Up 3