Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

I wonder if we can change the skin color of Brendan and May. It wouldn't be faithful to the originals, but it'd good for player customization and all that.

Why am I getting Diamond/Pearl series vibes from those redesigns.

Oh, wait.

MayDiamondPearl.png

The orange and green is strong with these redesigns.

I can get used to them.

And I'm so stuck on a starter to choose. Fire being my preference, but I've already got a Blaziken on Y. Ah, I usually swap my starter out for a dark type as soon as anyway, so I might just choose Mudkip.

Mega Mightyena?

The green is from Emerald.

So are these confirmed to be legit or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me wonder what Wally's redesign will look like. Speakin of Wally, I hope that he gets the third starter Pokemon that wasn't chosen by you and Brendan/May. It would help to get that data on all three forms on the Pokédex.

So are these confirmed to be legit or what?

Yep! I'm surprised but.. they are legit.

This makes me wonder what Wally's redesign will look like. Speakin of Wally, I hope that he gets the third starter Pokemon that wasn't chosen by you and Brendan/May. It would help to get that data on all three forms on the Pokédex.

Wally had better be the biggest badass you ever did see

May got the worst redesign wow. Way to have stupid hair. All her hair is like suspended in hair. So weird

Brendan on the other hand is pimping. Darker skin surprised me at first, but that just makes him better wow

I hope he's an actually relevant character in the games.

I hated how he only showed up three times. God, what a waste of a good character.

So you know when Prof. Birch is in trouble and you have to choose your Hoenn starter to fight against the Pokemon threatening him? What if after that he then rewards you with a Gen 2 starter later on in the game instead of completing the whole Hoenn Pokedex?

Basically like X and Y were you got your Kalos starter from your friends and you got a Kanto starter from Prof. Sycamore. Just an idea which was lurking in my head.

May got the worst redesign wow. Way to have stupid hair.

Say that to my face not online see what happens

So you know when Prof. Birch is in trouble and you have to choose your Hoenn starter to fight against the Pokemon threatening him? What if after that he then rewards you with a Gen 2 starter later on in the game instead of completing the whole Hoenn Pokedex?

Basically like X and Y were you got your Kalos starter from your friends and you got a Kanto starter from Prof. Sycamore. Just an idea which was lurking in my head.

I think this could definitely happen, although I personally think it's more likely we'll get Gen4 starters since they haven't been available in games for a long time and won't be again for a long time either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I arrive home and I am greeted by OR/AS news. Good.

Loving everything so far, the megas look cool and so do May and Steven. The primal or whatever devolutions aren't really that different, but they're fine.

On another hand, what have they done to my boy Brendan, Maxi and Thabita or whatever? Jesus they look awful. 

May got the worst redesign wow. Way to have stupid hair.

Brendan on the other hand is pimping. Too cool

That's funny because I feel the complete opposite. lol

May got the worst redesign wow. Way to have stupid hair. All her hair is like suspended in hair. So weird

Brendan on the other hand is pimping. Darker skin surprised me at first, but that just makes him better wow

Her hair was always stupid.

Brendan has a dumb face and shoes.

May's face looks like Shauna's and she got really skinny. Also frills are dumb.

Say that to my face not online see what happens

Wow I'm sorry you lost your ability to see.

Just to let you know May is terrible ;)))

I think this could definitely happen, although I personally think it's more likely we'll get Gen4 starters since they haven't been available in games for a long time and won't be again for a long time either.

True. They aren't gonna be available unless we get a Sinnoh remake, and that will probably happen for Nintendo's next handheld...who knows when that will be.

Well, there's always trading and the GTS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tabitha got the mean redesign though, he's almost a completely different character.

I hope he's an actually relevant character in the games.

I hated how he only showed up three times. God, what a waste of a good character.

I'm hoping for that too, because truth be told, I really did enjoy his little. character arc in the games.

Well they were primarily given to you to show off Mega Evolution since the Kalos starters could m-evolve. I do however find it very likely that we'll recieve Gen 2 starters in the post game rather than needing to complete the Pokedex. (and if were very lucky they'll have their hidden abilities finally)

So, I guess every fossil will have an Ancient Devolution, right? At least Cradily and Armaldo. Not to mention that Mega Aerodactyl will probably be retconned too since they say that it is his true form at its prime.

I have a theory regarding that Mega Charizard X: It's a placeholder to hide Steven's real Mega Evolution, which is likely to be his Metagross. As someone already mentioned, it's set to level 100, which is suspicious enough, but also, why would they give him a Mega Charizard over his most iconic Pokémon? Mayhaps they want to save a big reveal for later.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a theory regarding that Mega Charizard X: It's a placeholder to hide Steven's real Mega Evolution, which is likely to be his Metagross. As someone already mentioned, it's set to level 100, which is suspicious enough, but also, why would they give him a Mega Charizard over his most iconic Pokémon? Mayhaps they want to save a big reveal for later.

I like this theory a lot actually! If he's this game's Mega Trainer, then he introduces the gimmick with one we all know, and then during the Champ/Post-game battle/whatever he shows off his own new mega which is awesome and stuff.

Here's hoping!

• Thumbs Up 1

That may have sense, except Steven technically have already a Mega evolution at his disposal: Mega Aggron. I'm sure there are high chances for a Mega Metagross, but that theory does not convince me.

But Steven's signature Pokemon is Metagross. Always has been.

Even if Aggron has a Mega Evolution, it would be weird for Steven to use the one that's not his best.

...Unless they're gonna make Aggron his sig now.

So Serebii said that those new Kyogre/Groudon Mega Evos were "Primal Devolutions" or something.

Unless I'm missing something here, the implication is that this makes them weaker... in which case, why would you even consider using them?!

QokEQqe.jpg

MAXIE WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU? D:

Anyway I'm not really a fan of the redesigns, the trainers look less cool than before and both Teams look odd. Magma looks quite a bit less badass than before (and Maxie now looks like a Team Flare grunt) whilst Aqua kind of show what I hate the most about recent Pokemon gens; the over-designed clothes.

Especially Archie's coat.