Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Whoo Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert look awesooooome. Definitely choosing Mudkip as my starter, I usually go for water types! ^^

Also, the new designs for Team Magma and Aqua are okay but I don't really see anything wrong with Brendan and May. May's design is cute and at least Brendan doesn't look like he has white hair anymore!

Brendan doesn't look like he has white hair anymore!

Hey, you're right! I didn't notice that when I first saw the designs.

IT ISN'T HAIR CONFIRMED

I only wish CoroCoro didn't leak so early this time.

Unless we're getting English info at E3, it's gonna be a week before we get good quality images of this stuff.

I'd say there's at least an 80% chance we're getting high quality pics/info/stuff at E3.

Also CoroCoro usually releases Thursday right? Just a day after Nintendo's E3 in Japan, it coincides pretty well.

These leaks don't mean shit compared to an actual trailer.

They could have leaked it the day after though.

I liked May way more with her bandanna, but she's fine nevertheless.

Bandana I can deal with. But May looks so much like a Caucasian Shauna with that face, and it's unsettling. :C

• Thumbs Up 1

Lightning Rod on Mega Sceptile is actually pretty neat. Means the only thing that can paralyse it is Body Slam.

Incorrect. Many moves can cause paralysis that aren't an electric type attack via secondary effect.

- Bounce - Secondary Effect

- Dragonbreath - Secondary Effect

- Fling - While Holding Light Ball

- Force Palm - Secondary Effect

- Freeze Shock - Secondary Effect

- Glare - Primary Effect

- Lick - Secondary Effect

- Tri Attack - Chance for Paralysis as well

There probably are a few others but these are the ones at the top of my head,

With E3 being practically a day away, you know what I really want from these remakes the most?

Actual instruments for the soundtrack. And if not that, at least a very, very good soundbyte, like X & Y but a tad better. 

Since it's no secret that Gen 3 is basically the Land of Trumpets, if I'm gonna hear that 24/7, I'd like my brass to sound less like... being played by an ass.

I mean, the tracks in the original three are by no means bad in any way, but the limitation of the GBA's sound aren't really winning them any favors. 

I bring this up merely because the 3DS can support a fantastic quality of music:

So if nothing else, I hope this happens cause man, I really want to hear some kickass remixes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, FUCK YES.

Treeko has always been my favorite starter out of all the generations, prolly 'cause he's a grade A badass or something like that. But I roll up on the computer today and see he's got a fancy ass MEGA EVOLUTION?!? AAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm so excite, you don't even know haha. He looks badass, the new typing is neat and gives him a unique typing as far as I can recall (even though I think he'll have 6 weaknesses total (but three .25x resistances at least)), oh and also looks AWESOME. I figured they'd all get a mega evolution 'cause of Blaziken, but regardless I'm still pumped. Swampert looks pretty rad too, and I'm a pretty big fan of the legendaries getting Megas as well. Now I just need to see Rayquaza's haha.

Can't wait for this game, Sapphire is already my favorite Pokemon game of all time, and this looks even more rad, hgn.

Thinking about Primal Groudon/Kyogre, it's possible one of them can be the climax boss of the respective game, while the other legendary is the first major boss. ORAS can incorporate shades of the Emerald plot thanks to that second form.

I.E. in Omega Ruby, Team Magma is your direct enemy, but Team Aqua, instead of being allied with you like in Ruby, is still out for its own gains. So they each seek out the two Orbs, and grab them at virtually the same time. But OR's plot has you track down Team Aqua first, and when you beat Archie, Kyogre awakens, but you successfully calm it down. However, thanks to you spending time taking apart Team Aqua, Team Magma has not only had the time to resurrect Groudon, but also had the time to reawaken its Primal Forme. Everything has really gone to hell, and you head over to Magma's base of operations, knock some sense into Maxie, and ultimately do battle with Primal Groudon.

Alpha Sapphire's plot would follow the same format, just with a different array of proper pronouns.

And that's basically the Emerald plot without summoning Rayquaza. It would actually be a bit interesting.

• Thumbs Up 5

I doubt it will before E3.

Must admit, I was wondering if Coro Coro had managed to spoil E3 here, since it's not meant to be out 'til the 15th, I think.

With E3 being practically a day away, you know what I really want from these remakes the most?

Actual instruments for the soundtrack. And if not that, at least a very, very good soundbyte, like X & Y but a tad better. 

I think "like X & Y but a tad better" is what we're likely to get, and the reason I think this is because it's just something GameFreak have shown a habit of doing in the past. Each console, GameFreak have more or less used the same soundfonts regardless of which Gen it is. Gen2 pushed the Gen1 soundfont to new limits with more complex composition, and the same can be said for HGSS making much better use of their DS soundfont than DP did.

Similarly, BW tried to be pretty pretentious with its music and ended up with a lot of tracks that sounds ok but were really held back by the hardware, and BW2 in most of its new songs found a balance of trying to be more complex but actually sounding good with what they worked with.

Going by past offerings and how GF have worked better with the soundfonts over time, I think we can expect at least XY quality, probably a little bit better. I'm really looking forward to hearing it! But most of all I want to hear.... a remix of the Deoxys Battle music and if I don't get it I will cry.

That's one thing I'm definitely looking forward to in ORAS; hearing the remastered, remixed music! No more glorious trumpets played underwater! It's going to obviously sound similar to X and Y's instrumentals, so I expect some great versions of each song. Bring on the Elite Four music, Kyogre/Groudon battle music and of course the infamous Route 110!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I know I'm picking Sceptile this time around. As for my Swampert from my original Emerald version, I'll just transfer him and buy the mega stone for him.

That's one thing I'm definitely looking forward to in ORAS; hearing the remastered, remixed music! No more glorious trumpets played underwater! It's going to obviously sound similar to X and Y's instrumentals, so I expect some great versions of each song. Bring on the Elite Four music, Kyogre/Groudon battle music and of course the infamous Route 110!

I would rage if they replaced the trumpets with XY's buttrock.

There were trumpets used in XY, they have no excuse to pull the shit they pulled in BW2 with the dying cats

• Thumbs Up 3

I would rage if they replaced the trumpets with XY's buttrock.

There were trumpets used in XY, they have no excuse to pull the shit they pulled in BW2 with the dying cats

Ohhh, you're right...

Alright, no. Keep the trumpets, but make them sound like XY trumpets! 8D

Really do wish Mega Swampert had Sap Sipper instead of Swift Swim as it's ability, but whatever. I guess if it has really good bulk it'd be worth switching in from rain dance. 

Now I just sit here and dream that maybe Weavile will get a mega form~

Really do wish Mega Swampert had Sap Sipper instead of Swift Swim as it's ability, but whatever. I guess if it has really good bulk it'd be worth switching in from rain dance. 

You want to get rid of it's one weakness, and give it an ability that would boost it's probable massive attack?

Are you mad sir.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, this news has just affirmed my choice of picking Treecko as my starter. Mega Sceptile for the win. biggrin.png