Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

He's technically not been credited as Character Designer since Pokémon Yellow, but since Black and White Yusuke Ohmura has been the Trainer Designer. Sugimori is director for Pokémon design, nowadays. Again, don't know if like with the Pokémon he still does the final Trainer art despite not designing them, but considering the changes in art style lately, doubt it.

EDIT: He's also not credited for artwork on HG & SS so I've no idea what he's been doing lately beyond doing the Pokémon.

He's done a bit more Trainer art than you'd think. I'll just break it down by game:

HG/SS:

-Sugimori drew everything except Team Rocket Grunts, Proton, Petrel, Ariana, and Archer

-someone else drew Team Rocket Grunts, Proton, Petrel, Ariana, and Archer, but I don't know who

B/W:

-Sugimori drew Hilbert, Hilda, and N, and Ghetsis

-Ohmura drew Cheren, Bianca, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Team Plasma Grunts (basically everyone else)

B2/W2:

-Ohmura drew everything. Even the new artwork of characters that Sugimori did in B/W.

X/Y:

-Sugimori drew Calem, Serena, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Team Flare Grunts, Aliana, Bryony, Celosia, Mable, Xerosic, and Lysandre

-Ohmura drew everything that appears in-game as 2D art in-battle (Trainers, Gym Leaders, Emma, etc.)

As we all know, while Sugimori no longer designs all of the Pokémon, but he still draws all of the final artwork.

Interesting to note: In X/Y, every character that uses a 3D model in-battle had their official artwork drawn by Sugimori. Only Ohmura's artwork appears in-game.

As for OR/AS, I can tell just by looking at the way Brendan and May are shaded that Sugimori definitely drew them. I'm willing to bet that Ohmura drew Steven, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. The shading on Steven's artwork doesn't look very Sugimori-esque, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just doing what X/Y did: if Ohmura drew it, then it will be used in-game. If Sugimori drew it, then it will not be used in-game, and a 3D model will be used for that character in-battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Mega Sceptile will sorta out-beat his weaknesses with a speed boost. The Treecko line was the speedier one of the 3 you could choose from, with Sceptile's pretty awesome 120 base stat speed. If they pump that up to something crazy like 135-150, I wonder how much of a game changer he'd be potentially. He's got a bunch of support moves as well, so I guess if they do beef his defenses as well, he could be neat with Leech Seed, Synthesis, etc. Overall I'm curious to how he'll be, but I'm pretty dang sure Mega Blaziken will be the OP as fuck one out of them haha.

Mega Sceptile seems like it'd be godlike on rain teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Mega Sceptile will sorta out-beat his weaknesses with a speed boost. The Treecko line was the speedier one of the 3 you could choose from, with Sceptile's pretty awesome 120 base stat speed. If they pump that up to something crazy like 135-150, I wonder how much of a game changer he'd be potentially. He's got a bunch of support moves as well, so I guess if they do beef his defenses as well, he could be neat with Leech Seed, Synthesis, etc. Overall I'm curious to how he'll be, but I'm pretty dang sure Mega Blaziken will be the OP as fuck one out of them haha.

Blaziken/MegaBlaziken can pretty much sweep any pokemon in the entire metagame thanks to coverage moves and the ridiculousness that is speed boost. It defo is the most OP. If you let it live for too long, you will get wrecked.

Coming 21st November in Japan/US, 28th November in Europe.

Damn the rest of the world for getting this a week early!

What on earth is the point in releasing it a week late?! The US game will be the same as the UK one so I don't understand this at all!

I really enjoyed the Nintendo E3 conference but this and Smash Bros. 3DS slight delay have really pissed me off.

I like how casually Maxie just tosses his Pokemon, as if he couldn't give a fuck.

feux0iK.jpg

Oh wow, Primal Groudon is a Ground/Fire type.

Might as well just give him an ability that makes him die as soon Kyogre enters in battle.

• Thumbs Up 9

Why Nintendo...why.

feux0iK.jpg

Oh wow, Primal Groudon is a Ground/Fire type.

Might as well just give him an ability that makes him die as soon Kyogre enters in battle.

They really don't like Groudon do they.

pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-hoenn-

The US site is updated!

It's hard to tell on a map so tiny, but I think there's a definitely new place at the very top - a dark island of darkness.  It's just where the clouds on the right end, near the middle.

It's hard to tell on a map so tiny, but I think there's a definitely new place at the very top - a dark island of darkness.  It's just where the clouds on the right end, near the middle.

tumblr_n6ypxqpPj41qitvwko1_1280.jpg

Here's a bigger one. I'm trying to find bigger and better images.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that dark island….or that cloud in the top right corner.

Gotta love that white ball thing near the main Regi lair.

I guess the clouds are covering the event islands like Birth Island and Navel Rock.

tumblr_n6yp8rHyCl1r2iinvo1_500.png

I gotta say that I really love this kind of art. And by this kind of art I mean Pokémon world locations with people living their lifes normally. Ya know, just a regular day in Hoenn.

It's really a shame that there isn't many official artwork like this.

• Thumbs Up 5

As hyped as I am for this I'm really disappointed about the EU release date. Especially after they made such a big deal last year of FINALLY having a worldwide release.

I suppose it wouldn't be a remake without them screwing over EU in same way ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol Kyogre ftw! it's like they're making Groudon weaker on purpose.

tumblr_n6yp2pvMjk1r8sc3ro3_1280.png

tumblr_n6yp8rHyCl1r2iinvo1_500.png

Dat artwork! O__O

Anyways, bit disappointed us European folk are getting the game a week later but hey, maybe we'll get another XY fiasco with stores selling copies early!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_n6ypxqpPj41qitvwko1_1280.jpg

Here's a bigger one. I'm trying to find bigger and better images.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that dark island….or that cloud in the top right corner.

I just realised that that large island southeast of Pacifidlog Town is new as well - ah, and so is that large rocky area at the far southeast of the ocean routes, with several pools enclosed by cliffs.  If you squint you can even imagine seeing paths and stuff there.  So I count at least three new areas in the game.

As far as hidden areas go, there's also the aformentioned white orb of cloudiness over the original Regi lair, and I think the Battle Frontier is also under a gigantic cloud in the southeast.

So far I thought the designs of May and Branden were off but looking at it now, they seemed rather good. 

November doesn't seem really that far or close but I'm glad this OR/AS are looking like beauts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wonder if Secret Bases will be expanded in this game, to like the degree of Trainer customization was in X and Y. Either way I'm digging the map generally being untouched, just looking a lot fancier. From the short amount of gameplay we saw, it seems like routes seem bigger in scale as well, probably to accommodate for the 3D gameplay and whatnot, but still super awesome. I also heard it was mentioned that Mega Sceptile fires his tail at opponents to attack? I didn't notice when shown, but that sounds fucking awesome being a gecko-lizard thing and whatnot, <3