Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Do you think we'll be getting any more news, or do you think this is it?

I hope we get news that they are gonna do an actual worldwide release.

Jeez, this has really pissed me off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh look.

tumblr_inline_n6ywfktQ531qhoflo.jpg

Archie and Maxie have Mega Stones. (Mega Glasses? Really?)

Good. I guess we can expect Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo then.

Do you think we'll be getting any more news, or do you think this is it?

We're still missing the art for Brendan, May, Steven, the Magma and Aqua guys and the new forms.

We'll get them probably just before CoroCoro comes out on the 13th. So Thursday at the latest(?).

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait. Archie and Maxie have Mega Stones on them? I totally didn't catch that when I saw the trailer! xD Camerupt and Sharpedo for Mega Evolution! I'm really hoping the Elite Four will have Mega Evolved Pokemon, there's no reason for them not to. Actually, I'm wondering when we will get the Mega Stones in the game.

I hope that this indicates that GameFreak heard the complaints made - by me, among others - that Mega Evolutions are presented as a big deal in X/Y and then largely confined to the postgame.  I do hope to see more in the maingame.

Also, that Mega Charizard X is practically confirmed to be some kind of Mega Evolution demo, as there's a screenshot of it at level 100 battling a level 100 Mega Garchomp...

And now, back to this:

tumblr_n6ypxqpPj41qitvwko1_1280.jpg

I've spent quite some time comparing this map to both a screenshot map of Hoenn and past official art, and here are my conclusions on new areas:

• Top-left: You see the boardwalk leading down through a lake?  Follow it down through a rocky area until it reaches some trees; down through the trees is an area of grassy fields with some small cliffs.  This is new.
  • Middle top: The mysterious dark island of the dark is new.
  • Middle left: The land is confusing, but there's a suggestion of a new area in the way the land is designed east of the southward ridge of the mountain range, between the mountains and the small pool of water.
  • Bottom: The small isolated island at the bottom of the map is new, but may correspond to past special event locations.
  • East: The area with grassy plans and some trees attached to the lower right of the Ever Grande waterfall appears to be new.
  • Southeast: Lots of new locations to the east of Pacifidlog town (center of the long horizontal sea route at the bottom-middle and bottom-right).  East of Pacifidlog at the top of the horizontal route is a beach and a pool enclosd by cliffs; they're probably related to the Sky Pillar area but I think are new.  Bottom-right there's another area where cliffs enclose a pool - that's new.
  • The large island just to the lower-right of Pacifidlog is new and visibly contains new areas.

That's all I've got for now; we'd need a much bigger image to confirm anything, though.  A lot of this could just be decorative.

Pokebeach has bigger and better quality pictures of the ones I posted:

hoenn-town-art.jpg

Speaking of this picture, isn't that supposed to be the Trick House, near the Cycling Road? It looks more like a Power Plant.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kind of missed contests even if I didn't pay too much attention to them. I actually can't remember what they were like in Gen 3, now that I think about it. It's been way too long...

Pokebeach has bigger and better quality pictures of the ones I posted:

hoenn-town-art.jpg

Speaking of this picture, isn't that supposed to be the Trick House, near the Cycling Road? It looks more like a Power Plant.

No, it's the Power Plant the electric gym leader (can't remember the name right now, sorry) ask you to reactivate once you get the Surf HM.

According to that picture Hoenn must be really small. Seriously from this vantage point you can see Mauville City and trolley that go up Mt CHimney

Just saw something that gives me hope for Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre being evenly-balanced after all.  Nintendo's ORAS press releases announcing Primal Reversion mentions that Groudon and Kyogre's abilities will get a boost when they take on their Primal forms.  Could their boosted abilities give Groudon greater resistance to Water-type attacks?  (Or maybe it just makes their weather effects permanent rather than only lasting for five turns.)

No, it's the Power Plant the electric gym leader (can't remember the name right now, sorry) ask you to reactivate once you get the Surf HM.

But that thing is underground.

I'd say that it is the electric gym redesigned.

Scratch that. If you look at the map, the building IS Mauville City.

Mega Sableye just got confirmed

He...summons a crystal and gets red eyes?

...That's surprisingly low key compared to the confetti and spikes so many other Megas get.

Here's our new Mega Kangaskhan.

Seriously, why even bother? It's even worse when you realise that now there won't be an actually decent Sableye evolution.

Oh boy...when normal Sableye wasn't annoying enough...

Fighting Mega-Sableyes might be a mega pain if both its defenses are increased (judging by the ginormous Rupee it hides behind) and if it retains Prankster.