Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Mmmmyyyy...preciousss...STUPID FAT HOBBIT!

Seriously though getting some serious Gollum vibes from Sableye's Mega form. Besides that, It's really nothing special. I was expecting something a lot cooler, blah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm all for some more low-key Mega Evolutions. The vast majority of the ones from XY loos silly.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wonder if they'll be revealing any more new megas before E3 ends. I'd love to see what else they have in store.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't count on it.

Outside of Sableye, CoroCoro probably wouldn't have what wasn't meant to be revealed at E3.

Here's our new Mega Kangaskhan.

Please don't do the "Mega Kangaskhan barely changes" thing.

That's super obnoxious. (And incorrect)

I'm honestly kinda wondering how they plan to implement fairy types into ORAS, since it's not a type that existed back in the third generation. I know the Gardevoir line will have it, but...

Please don't do the "Mega Kangaskhan barely changes" thing.

That's super obnoxious. (And incorrect)

But it doesn't. When it comes to stats I don't know and don't care, but in terms of design? The baby looks more like an actual Kangaskhan and that's it. The actual Pokemon stays the same.

I'm honestly kinda wondering how they plan to implement fairy types into ORAS, since it's not a type that existed back in the third generation. I know the Gardevoir line will have it, but...

Dark and Steel didn't exist in gen 1, yet FR/LG have them. 

Dark and Steel didn't exist in gen 1, yet FR/LG have them. 

True. I was just speaking in terms of the actual pokemon and TMs associated with those types. Probably post game for most of them.

I'd suggest that they retcon someone into discovering Fairy-type in the game, but that would mean that Fairy isn't a recent discovery...

But it doesn't. When it comes to stats I don't know and don't care, but in terms of design? The baby looks more like an actual Kangaskhan and that's it. The actual Pokemon stays the same.

The baby is a Kangaskhan, too. Being a baby doesn't make it a different species altogether. Well, not like other Pokemon.

The mother doesn't change because it doesn't need to. It's already strong enough to fight.

I'd suggest that they retcon someone into discovering Fairy-type in the game, but that would mean that Fairy isn't a recent discovery...

The baby is a Kangaskhan, too. It is the actual Pokemon. The mother doesn't change because it doesn't need to. It's already strong enough to fight.

Technically the baby is a separated Kangaskhan but him looking a bit more like the real deal still barely changes the design of the "whole" Pokemon. 

I actually like the subtle changes to Sableye. It has longer horns, which, combined with the red eyes give it a devilish appearance. It's a small change, but noticeable to me, at any rate.

I like Mega Sableye.  Bit of an odd direction to go in, but I like the Mega Evolutions that actually have a core idea other than bells and whistles and Gen VI designs of past-gen Pokemon.

I think they'll probably just retcon it in with a token "Fairy-types are new!" comment thrown in somewhere, at most.  Fairy-types are normal to us as players now, and that's all that really matters.

After the Mega Sableye video I just want GF to make Mega Milotic announcement too. 

Too majestic.

They'll have to if Mega Gyarados is running around.

Also, it's Wallace's signature. Assuming he's the champ and not Steven.

I'm honestly wondering if Sableye losing Prankster would be good or bad. I guess it's depending on what it'd get if he doesn't retain it, but if it doesn't, it might be interesting to see how long Sableye stays in battle as it's normal form, and then finally boosts to Mega later. It's already pretty hard to kill sometimes, so I can't imagine how scary this thing will be regardless what happens. I personally hope it keeps Prankster just to see it get OP as fuck, but that's also because I can't really think of anything else at the moment to replace it lawl

Also, if Mightyena get's a mega evolution, which I highly doubt, I might just piss myself from too much amazingness

EDIT: Actually on second thought, reading Mega Sableye's description, I'm almost betting it'll have a new ability around it's defensive giant jewel.

"It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!"

Technically the baby is a separated Kangaskhan but him looking a bit more like the real deal still barely changes the design of the "whole" Pokemon. 

I thought it's always been pretty clear that the baby is the one Mega Evolving, not the mother.

And I'm sorry that Megaskhan doesn't have enough Christmas lights and spikes of doom, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: Actually on second thought, reading Mega Sableye's description, I'm almost betting it'll have a new ability around it's defensive giant jewel.

"It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!"

What was Chesnaught's hidden ability again?  Bulletproof, protects from some ball and bomb attacks.  Would that be the kind of thing you were thinking of?  It'd kinda fit Stance Change, too, but on the other hand those two abilities are quite deliberately exclusive, and I don't know if GameFreak would want to dish them more widely yet.  Always hard to tell the difference between fluff and gameplay in Pokemon.

You know what would be the biggest kick in the balls?

Mega Luvdisc.

Especially when Alomomola exists...

Mega Luvdisc.

Mega Luvdisc would be a shoal of Luvdisc that assemble into a giant Luvdisc using the power of love(disc).  ...Couldn't tell you how to make it useful, though.  Luvdisc exists to give you Heart Scales, and that's about it.

Lookin' at the Hoenn dex, trying to see what might get a Mega Evolution... Metagross and Milotic are probably what most people would point to.  Camerupt and Sharpedo are being talked about, but there's the possibility that they'd change Maxie and Archie's signature Pokemon - though I think that pair are a pretty good choice, personally.  Ludicolo already looks silly enough that I'd believe anything.  Breloom... doesn't really look Grass/Fighting, and it's an unusual type; I'd offer pretty good odds on it getting a Mega Evolution.  It just looks like you can go further with it.  Mega Plusle/Minun has been rumoured, hasn't it?  I'd do a kind of Mega Kangaskhan thing and have it turn into a Plusle and a Minun together and get automatic Plus/Minus boost.  ...Claydol, yeah, maybe.  Castform sucks, right?  You can probably do something to improve it, especially since it's never going to get a regular evolution.  Or at least give it a Sandstorm form.  And I'd kind of like to see an amphibious Relicanth crawling out of the water like it's transitioning into a land animal.  And Primal Rayquaza is a shoo-in, so that's that.

Given that they're adding Mega Diancie, there's also a possibility of Pokemon from any other region getting new Mega Evolutions, but I think for the most part I would save them for Z and make sure that Hoenn gets full focus.

I thought it's always been pretty clear that the baby is the one Mega Evolving, not the mother.

And I'm sorry that Megaskhan doesn't have enough Christmas lights and spikes of doom, I guess?

I like the christmas lights and spikes of doom when it comes to Megas, but whatever.

I don't like Mega Kangaskhan's design and that's pretty much it.

Mega Luvdisc.

Why's that?

They aren't related, never where and never will be.

If Luvdisc can get a bit better I don't see a problem with it getting a Mega.

Mega Sableye looks meh. Blegh. 

On the topic of Mega Evolutions though, I'd say that I'd like to see Breloom, Exploud, Grumpig, Flygon, Metagross and Altaria get Mega Forms. Metagross I see with a pretty good shot.

Why's that?

They aren't related, never where and never will be.

If Luvdisc can get a bit better I don't see a problem with it getting a Mega.

That's the point. They look related and most people expected them to be. They're really too similar.