Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

....wait, you guys think Maxie/Archie gain control over Groundon/Kyogre and use their Mega Stones to access their Primal Forms?

I actually think the Red/Blue Orbs were "Mega Stones" (or Primal Stones) all along, that'd be neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seriously hope not. It'd be a shame for those form changes to take up mega slots when they could give two Pokémon who deserve megas a chance at the spotlight.

The Red and Blur Orbs simply calmed Groudon and Kyogre respectively in Ruby and Sapphire, so I doubt they'd grant...a power...

oh god is that why Archie and Maxie were cosmically stupid enough to take the opposite color orb from Mt. Pyre? That the opposite orbs actually cause the Primal transformation and that they simply didn't know about it?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's more likely that the primal forms will work like forme changes in the past rather than as mega evolutions, otherwise they'd be listed as megas, don't you think? :|a

I think it's more likely that the primal forms will work like forme changes in the past rather than as mega evolutions, otherwise they'd be listed as megas, don't you think? :|a

They change in battle just like a Mega does and they have a orb near their health bar, but instead of being the generic grey circle with the Mega symbol in it, it is red/blue with a omega/alpha symbol.

I'm pretty sure the Red Orb and Blue Orb are their "mega stone".

I think Primal forms are what the teams are working towards to this time as it will help them way more than just awakening them simply..

I seriously hope not. It'd be a shame for those form changes to take up mega slots when they could give two Pokémon who deserve megas a chance at the spotlight.

We said that about X & Y too, fact is some Pokemon are gonna get shafted whether we like it or not.

I just assumed since Mega Evolution can only be activated by a trainer with a mega ring and since Primal Forms are more or less Mega Evos, they have to be triggered by someone.

Asdasadadsegdhahd ffffffffffff!

There's no such thing as slots. Whether or not Primal Groundon and Kyogre are formes or Mega Evos makes no difference to any other Pokémon at all.

• Thumbs Up 6

I mean mega slots in the characters' rosters, though. You can only have one mega active in battle at a time. If Archie and Maxie use the primal forms and those do count as megas, that means less of a chance for mega camerupt and sharpedo.

I mean mega slots in the characters' rosters, though. You can only have one mega active in battle at a time. If Archie and Maxie use the primal forms and those do count as megas, that means less of a chance for mega camerupt and sharpedo.

You fight Archie and Maxie numerous times. So that argument still doesn't work.

Hmm.

tumblr_n73epnXYxX1r1alb2o1_400.pngtumblr_n73epnXYxX1r1alb2o2_400.png

A mysterious triangle in the sky in both Groudon and Kyogre's murals.

The Greek alphabet has Delta, which is a triangle.

"Delta Emerald" was trademarked recently, but will most likely not be an actual game.

...So can we expect Primal Rayquaza? Or is it probably just nothing?

• Thumbs Up 7

Of course we can. If Groudon and Kyogre are getting Mega Forms, so is Rayquaza.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primal Reversion is literally reskinned Mega Evolution, no ambiguity about it.  Likewise, Primal Rayquaza will be in, no question.  And Maxie and Archie never used Groudon and Kyogre on their teams, so they will not take a "Mega slot" from Camerupt and Sharpedo.  It seems pretty likely at this point that the legendaries will use Primal Reversion on their own - presumably thanks to the Red and Blue Orbs - and you'll have to catch them like that.  Though if it were me I wouldn't let the player get the Red/Blue Orb until the postgame.

Oh yeah, that reminds me.  Turns out that the Coro Coro that leaked Primal Groudon/Kyogre has text that says something like "Will these two once again come to a disastrous clash with each other?"  So it sounds like the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza fight is highly likely to be in in some form.  If I were writing it, I'd say - taking Omega Ruby as my example - that Team Magma succeed in reviving Groudon and you spend most of the story dealing with that, but when Groudon does appear then either the climate disturbance or Team Aqua on the quiet bring back Kyogre as well.  Rayquaza shows up to try to quell them and it seems to work, but then Maxie uses the Red Orb - either there and then or in the Cave of Origin - to cause Groudon to Primal Revert into Primal Groudon.  Kyogre and Rayquaza run off and you are left to deal with the terrible danger of Primal Groudon.  (And Alpha Sapphire would be the reverse, obviously.)

Also, word on the street is that Canada, like Europe, is being excluded from the worldwide launch and will have to wait a week.  Word also is that Europe and Canada are being punished for leaking X/Y early, even though everywhere leaked X/Y early.

The very notion that a region would be 'punished' for leaking a game early is hilarious. That's not a rumour so much as it is the mindless ramblings of people who don't know what they're talking about.

I don't think Maxie or Archie actually ever fight you with the legies? They won't be the ones activating the Primal Forms, I think probably the Primal Forms will activate and then you'll see them in the wild.

Alsoooooo this official art

Pok%C3%A9mon-Omega-Ruby-Alpha-Sapphire-C

Implies that we will see Groudon and Kyogre fight one another in their Primal forms in these games, even though it's Ruby and Sapphire and not Emerald. The triangle on the mural indicates aswell that the story is going to be Ruby and Sapphire WITH heavy Emerald elements, which a lot of people expected but... I think there was (understandable) doubt that we'd see Groudon and Kyogre fighting because in Sapphire, Groudon didn't appear at all, and in Ruby, Kyogre didn't appear at all.

Also unrelated to that insight but, for some reason last night I dreamt that Nintendo announced four games with staggered releases.. OmegaRuby first, in 2014, AlphaSapphire next, in 2015, DeltaEmerald in late 2015, and a fourth Hoenn game (which I forgot the title of) in early 2016. This won't happen but I remember in my dream I was reaaaally pissed off.

Implies that we will see Groudon and Kyogre fight one another in their Primal forms in these games, even though it's Ruby and Sapphire and not Emerald. The triangle on the mural indicates aswell that the story is going to be Ruby and Sapphire WITH heavy Emerald elements, which a lot of people expected but... I think there was (understandable) doubt that we'd see Groudon and Kyogre fighting because in Sapphire, Groudon didn't appear at all, and in Ruby, Kyogre didn't appear at all.

I hadn't thought of that, actually.  That does seem pretty strongly indicative.  I just wonder how they're going to prioritise the cover legendary if both legendaries appear in their Primal forms.  It'd be really great if they can do that, though.  There's really never been anything to rival the iconic battle of the weather trio.

Also unrelated to that insight but, for some reason last night I dreamt that Nintendo announced four games with staggered releases.. OmegaRuby first, in 2014, AlphaSapphire next, in 2015, DeltaEmerald in late 2015, and a fourth Hoenn game (which I forgot the title of) in early 2016. This won't happen but I remember in my dream I was reaaaally pissed off.

Delta Emerald 2: This time with the Rayquaza-focussed team everyone was speculating would exist back in 2004.

We'll likely see Rayquaza. Much like how HG/SS incorporated the new story elements that Crystal brought into them.

Now here's something I've been anticipating ever since it was announced. While by not my absolute favorite Pokemon generation, I did spend a lot of time on the Gen 3 games, so yeah, I'm pretty damn excited about all of this. Though I have yet to decide which version to get...

Hmm.

tumblr_n73epnXYxX1r1alb2o1_400.pngtumblr_n73epnXYxX1r1alb2o2_400.png

A mysterious triangle in the sky in both Groudon and Kyogre's murals.

The Greek alphabet has Delta, which is a triangle.

"Delta Emerald" was trademarked recently, but will most likely not be an actual game.

...So can we expect Primal Rayquaza? Or is it probably just nothing?

To add to this, Rayquaza's FR/LG pokédex entry states that its flying form looks like a meteor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega_Sableye.png

Art for Mega Sableye.

Speaking of which, aren't those paintings in Meteor Falls?

It seems to be when you first meet Steven, so Granite Cave.

It apparently has more defense and special defense, but less speed. And it's Abillity is Magic Bounce

So basically it's a less useless version of Spiritomb.

tumblr_n7gci09TzX1qfyz1jo2_500.png

I'm honestly wondering if it'll have like some overkill epic finale where once the Primal Forms have their go for a bit, turns out they have a Mega evolution which is only able to happen when in their primal form nature is in effect, unless the primal form is just a fancy term for their mega evolution, I think that'd be pretty badass haha.

I'm also kinda hoping they added a bit to the Pokemon you can find through out the game. I know RSE games had a mix of Gen 1 and 2 here and there in the Pokedex, but would think it'd be neat if they added a bit more variance, and possibly add some newer gens to the mix for good measure. X and Y were fantastic with wild Pokemon, basically a large handful of all sorts of things in each new route, so would love for the trend to continue. On top of that, I kinda hope maybe a few more Pokemon from other gen's get a Mega evolution as well and not just 3rd. I could see it being only 3rd gen that gets the cut on that shit understandably, but still. Maybe it's just my wish for a Mega Marowak or Mega Porygon-Z loool