Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

I'm honestly wondering if it'll have like some overkill epic finale where once the Primal Forms have their go for a bit, turns out they have a Mega evolution which is only able to happen when in their primal form nature is in effect, unless the primal form is just a fancy term for their mega evolution, I think that'd be pretty badass haha.

It pretty much is.

The basic concept of Mega Evolution is that a Pokemon goes through a temporarily evolution unlock its hidden potential. Groudon and Kyogre are the opposite, however. They were already in their prime (tee hee) many, many, many years ago, but have gotten weaker over time. So Primal Reversion turns back time on them to bring them back to their fullest potential.

Have they said it's through mega evolution means though? I mean we've had formes for ages now, so was kinda wondering (if not said otherwise) if it was just a new form they have, and not a temp mega evolution dealeo

Have they said it's through mega evolution means though? I mean we've had formes for ages now, so was kinda wondering (if not said otherwise) if it was just a new form they have, and not a temp mega evolution dealeo

Well, it's officially called "Primal Devolution" instead of alternate formes or what-have-you. It would make much more sense that this is a renamed type of Mega Evolution than forme changes with the emphasis that Gen VI is putting on the idea of Mega Evos. And while it's only speculation, people are making the guess that the Mega Stones for these Primal Devolutions will be the Blue and Red Orbs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hell yes, I love Secret Bases!

However, this news makes me even more uncertain that we'll get trainer customisation or the PSS!

Holy shit they went all out on the secret bases.

I'm interested in this capture the flag thing. I wonder if there are benefits to holding battles in your secret base.

Aarune and his Flygon are world travelers

This better be implying that this person will be battleable and they'll have a Mega Flygon.

It's all I want.

Flygon's the best Dragon-type.

• Thumbs Up 3

At long last, the Pokemon series will finally have a dark type gym thanks to the new secret bases.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Drops 3DS*

This OR and AS is looking brilliant with each passing month. Now I wonder how the 3DS bundle with OR/AS will look like.

I've never made a Secret Base nor did I even know they have been in the Pokemon games before. o_o Knowing about them now though makes me interested in having my own gym...a Dark gym!

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow. The male School Kid looks even more like Max now.

At long last, the Pokemon series will finally have a dark type gym thanks to the new secret bases.

Watch it not even be an option.

They;ve fleshed out secret bases way more than expected..tho' the super moniker is overused with nintendo...

And has Max from Advanced Gen become part of the Pokemon Games canon? That does really look like him..

Awwwwwwwww snap this is awesome. I'm loving how much they've expanded secret bases. I can tell this is gonna keep me busy for a long time.

How did I miss this?!

Here's some more official art

secret-bases.png

Here's some screenshots and official art of the new character, Aarune.

oras-secret-base-20.pngoras-secret-base-21.png

oras-secret-base-22.pngoras-secret-base-gilley.png

Here's a screenshot that shows the ingame icon for Omega Ruby

oras-secret-base-19.png

Man, this is going to be sweet!

oras-secret-base-6.png

Pokemon Dolls!

oras-secret-base-7.png

Dark Caves and Posters!

oras-secret-base-13.png

Is that a Skitty TV? I hope it's a actual TV now and now not a toy...

oras-secret-base-1.png

…I'm not sure what Route this is on...

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they called Secret Bases or Super Secret Bases? The press release switches between the two :/

Nice to know they're back, even though it was obvious. Creating your own gym sounds cool. That's something I thought would be awesome since I played R/B/Y.

Hopefully you can create them without Hidden Power now, though I'm sure you won't need it anymore. They'll probably do something like the Explorer Kit.

To help you get started with Super-Secret Bases, you’ll meet Secret Base Expert Aarune. Aarune and his Flygon are world travelers, bursting with excitement about the Secret Base culture in the Hoenn region. This enthusiastic adventurer will teach you all about the fun of Secret Bases during your journey.

Sounds like Aarune will waste my time with a tutorial :/

Holy shit they went all out on the secret bases.

I'm interested in this capture the flag thing. I wonder if there are benefits to holding battles in your secret base.

Capture the Flag was also in D/P/P, from what I recall.

oras-secret-base-1.png

…I'm not sure what Route this is on...

I wasn't sure at first either, I thought, hey maybe it's a new Route! But alas;

tumblr_inline_n8funy2bcF1sy4zww.png

Tis Route 115.

I've never made a Secret Base nor did I even know they have been in the Pokemon games before. o_o

Same here. lol. This sounds pretty awesome though. 

Here are some more screenshots:

july_p26_01_psc.jpg

july_p25_02_bsc.jpg

*Sqees* YES!! Secret Bases are back baby and even better, we can actually create our OWN GYM! Oh boy, I've been dreaming for something like this since Gen 1, and now that dream can finally become reality. ^w^

Creepy ass Fairy Tale Girls are back, yikes.....blink.png

I mean I already know the Hex Maniacs are back with their same design as XY, so I guess I should've expecting those creepy little girls with the sparkling eyes to be back too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same here. lol. This sounds pretty awesome though.

Here are some more screenshots:

july_p25_02_bsc.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the girl on the opposite side of not!Max looks a bit like Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph?

Am I the only one who thinks the girl on the opposite side of not!Max looks a bit like Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph?

I kinda see it too. It's probably just a coincidence.

10fs7z4.jpg

july_p25_02_bsc.jpg

Would be it proper to assume the girl in the blue jacket is a customized May? She's got a trinket on her left wrist, and has a ponytail + pigtails, albeit less profound, though that itself could be a haircut choice.