Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

But seriously people, how do you know this is damage control? Stop assuming, I think it's great to see a random surprise announcement from Nintendo.

It may well not be damage control, this may have been the plan all along - tease people a month before E3 to get their attention, blow them away in the presentation itself - but it's certainly at least a happy coincidence that it's taking people's minds away from their poor financial reports.

Well, there goes three more months of my life put into this game.

I really can't wait till GF shows more game footage of the Hoenn region. Until E3 then~

Wow, so low key I literally didn't even notice there was a topic already. Am I just THAT sleepy?

I don't see what's so bad about this quiet announcement and being tagged as damage control as it's been said here. Damage control to please investors and shareholders after their financial results? Sure, but at the end of the day I don't give too much of a crap about this; I am a gamer, not a shareholder. I want to see Nintendo churning out a crapload of games for the 3DS and the Wii U, and if they are all really good to play then I am happy; Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire remade on the 3DS will be beyond any doubt one of these. 

Besides, how come this is damage control if Ruby & Sapphire being remastered is something that literally everyone wanted Nintendo to do for many years? Regardless of being announced today or in any other moment. Even with a mere 30 seconds teaser it must have already generated an incredible amount of hype, as much that many millions of people (including myself) will keep their eyes on Nintendo at E3 for more information and gameplay footage. From the gamer's point of view, this is something to seriously look forward to and all I can say is I cannot be any happier about this announcement. With all the technical and gameplay improvements introduced in X & Y, Gen 3 remastered with all these upgrades plus any brand new surprises should be absolutely worthy and as such an offering that's extremely difficult to refuse.

But seriously people, how do you know this is damage control? Stop assuming, I think it's great to see a random surprise announcement from Nintendo.

Do you seriously think it's a coincidence that Nintendo decided to announce one of their biggest titles of the year on the same day they posted their abysmal financial report? It's obvious they planned to announce these games at the same time.

Let's hope the damage control applies to more than just Pokemon this year. :v

But yeah this announcement is.. mad neat! I really didn't like gen 3 lmao (or.. at least I really don't now), but I can't help but feel good about Nintendo doing one of the things everyone wanted them to do. Hope it gets lots of gen 6 based improvements! I heard HG/SS was one of the best Pokemon games ever made due to that.

Well what if we got a Pokémon stadium 1+2 remake(in one game) for the wii-u? 

Well what if we got a Pokémon stadium 1+2 remake(in one game) for the wii-u? 

What would even be the point of that?

If they are going to make another Stadium thing then they should do a new one with all the Pokémon available.

tumblr_n57sll7Uzy1sv87geo1_400.jpg

Real? Fake? Who knows.

EDIT:

As it happens, it is fake. Logo's are off.

Not half bad tho'. Fooled me.

All I know is, Mega Rayquaza would end many lives and careers. If they keep/buff Air Lock, then so many Uber-Weather-teams will recoil in fear. Sandstorm'd Garchomp and Excadrill will run with their tails between their legs. Kyogre will sink to the deepest ocean trench, and and Groudon will bury himself in a magma grave. Even the bulkiest of Giratina will weep in fear. The good god Arceus will wonder why he/she/it created such a monstrosity, as he/she/it burns in the flames of a titanic Outrage. Even the smug Fairy's will have the smiles wiped off their faces as they prepare to be smashed into a oblivion by Iron Titanium Tail.

Rayquaza is my favourite legendary, I wonder if you could tell...

• Thumbs Up 3

So, what do you guys expect from this? Any new ridable Pokemon? New places? New Mega Evolutions? I expect all of those :U

-------

Japanese Boxart:

0YCzfmk.jpg

Look closely and you can see the Omega and Alpha symbols in the logos. So yeah, the markings on the two really are them.

I wonder if this will lead to a new scenario. I mean, why call them Omega and Alpha if it has nothing to do with anything? They could've easily called the Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire. There will also need to be something to introduce Mega Evolution in Hoenn.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gen 2 has been remade, Gen 3 is being remade...so will Gen 4 get a remake too sometime in the future?

Gen 2 has been remade, Gen 3 is being remade...so will Gen 4 get a remake too sometime in the future?

So far, the cycle has been every handheld gets their remake of a previous game. So I'd gander that Gen 4 would get a remake on Nintendo's next portable console.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, what do you guys expect from this? Any new ridable Pokemon? New places? New Mega Evolutions? I expect all of those :U

I'm expecting all of those, definitely! Plus other features from X/Y, I imagine.

I'm especially interested in seeing more Mega Evolutions, personaly. I wonder if those designs for Groudon and Kyogre are Megas or just redesigns (unlikely, but who knows?).

In an ideal world following 'mons from HGSS would return but... ;_;

So far, the cycle has been every handheld gets their remake of a previous game. So I'd gander that Gen 4 would get a remake on Nintendo's next portable console.

Makes sense to me.

-Games come out in November

-My Birthday's in November

-This year, my Birthday is on Thanksgiving

tumblr_m2vyugamUR1qkvue8o1_250.gif

HELL YES

• Thumbs Up 6

Next game will be Pokemon Beta Emerald.

Why?

These games could very well be what HeartGold and SoulSilver were; remakes of the original Gold and Silver but includes elements of Crystal (like the Suicune subplot for starters).

• Thumbs Up 1

Most likely you find Rayquazza to quell the two, but the cover legendary stays and fights you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering the likelihood of implementing Emerald elements, how likely do we think that the opposite Version Mascot will be catchable too?

It'd be nice if we could catch Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza in both versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

They'll likely do what they did with HeartGold and SoulSilver and incorporate story elements from the third game into these titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then SEGA becomes the next King.

"Copyright infringement based on nothing but name alone! Remove it now or face our wrath!"