Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

What's up with all the adorable dressed up Pikachu's? And why does professor Birch look even more like Jontron than he did before? XD

Ah well, I like the new designs of the gym leaders, particularly Wattson and Brawley. I didn't know Phoebe was so young though? I always thought she was at least 18, but here she looks about Iris' age. o_o

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking how most of the wardrobes in the game are being reworked to actually fit the warmer climate that Hoenn is supposed to be.

Awww Wattson-Senpei, long time no see :3

What's up with all the adorable dressed up Pikachu's?

They're based on the Contest Categories: Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope that the Horde battles come back in ORAS, because that made EV Training a fuck ton easier in X & Y.

They're based on the Contest Categories: Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough

So, contests are back!?

So, contests are back!?

It'd be more of a surprise if they weren't, as they were quite a big thing in RSE.

I hope that the Horde battles come back in ORAS, because that made EV Training a fuck ton easier in X & Y.

Would be silly if they didn't, I'm expecting all of X/Y's unique stuff in here, including some Kalos Pokemon to be found in the wild (but not all of them), also expecting Friend Safari's to be back too as that was a clever idea. Hopefully, they'l include Tyrunt in their so we can finally get one with it's hidden ability, since that was impossible in XY.

But, their better be freaking Move Tutors this time, and (I'm praying) a harder difficulty too, cause my goodness did they made XY piss easy.

Also your Rival brendan/May better actually be more common or something, cause you never got to fight them with full teams , Wally better be more active too and hopefully not sick again. 

Oh and Pikachu outfits for Smash please.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of great features that may not return (GameFreak are the champs of this), the things I'm most worried about are customisable Trainers (ofc) and the PSS.

You may think even the notion of them chucking the PSS is a weird one, but if there's no customisation and the method of getting Secret Bases is so complicated (QR codes and stuff..) it makes me think the PSS is gone :/

As long as Super Training is back I don't care if the clothes stuff comes back.

But fuck yes contests, it's been 5 years, I'm so excited.

Contests are fun, though I only played the D/P ones. How different were they from the Hoenn contests?

Contests are fun, though I only played the D/P ones. How different were they from the Hoenn contests?

It's pretty much the same except without the backdrops, Contest Accessories, and Dancing Mini-game.

Also, I believe the Judging part had 5 rounds where in 4th Gen it had 4.

Unless there's people here that wait for CoroCoro magazines, I don't really see a reason why we gotta put everything in spoilers, especially when I don't really recall ever doing them really with CoroCoro, at least talking about them XD.

Mega Metagross is pretty rad, but honestly still wish Mega Evolutions were mainly for Pokemon that could use the attention or stat boosts. I know Metagross wasn't the best competitively or something, but still, would rather have Spinda or some shit get something cray *shrugs*

But that said, I still wonder if Jirachi or Deoxys will get them, and if the latter will get one for all the forms of it lmao.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt Deoxys will get one. We don't have a Mega Evolution for a Pokemon that already has forms.

And I don't want to imagine a Mega Attack Deoxys.

Maybe a mega deoxys would be the same form no matter what base form you had, but had a stat boost depending on the previous type? Either attack/sp attack, defence/sp defence and speed

So in the next CoroCoro issue there's going to be a Mega Evolution Scoop. Hopefully GF will announce more Mega Evolutions. 

Would be silly if they didn't, I'm expecting all of X/Y's unique stuff in here, including some Kalos Pokemon to be found in the wild (but not all of them), also expecting Friend Safari's to be back too as that was a clever idea. Hopefully, they'l include Tyrunt in their so we can finally get one with it's hidden ability, since that was impossible in XY.

But, their better be freaking Move Tutors this time, and (I'm praying) a harder difficulty too, cause my goodness did they made XY piss easy.

Also your Rival brendan/May better actually be more common or something, cause you never got to fight them with full teams , Wally better be more active too and hopefully not sick again. 

Oh and Pikachu outfits for Smash please.

But that's his whole point. He was sick and weak and travelling with Pokémon made him healthier and more confident.

• Thumbs Up 4

Was wondering if in the future they'll experiment a bit with the Megas' abilities. So far it's always been some pretty good fitting things, but thought it'd be neat/crazy if they maybe made something /ridiculously/ over-beefed, but in exchange have a crippling ability. I know that's never really made any wonders in the past, such as Regigigas or Slaking, but if this thing were to have like a BST of like 900 or something silly-crazy, if it'd still hold up, since the existing Pokemon with those types of abilities in the past were nothing too sky-rocketing.

IDK, I guess I'm just wondering if the entire future of Pokemon with Mega Evolutions will only be Prankster, Magic Bounce, Adaptability, and like the only 10 other abilities that are top tier

Was wondering if in the future they'll experiment a bit with the Megas' abilities. So far it's always been some pretty good fitting things, but thought it'd be neat/crazy if they maybe made something /ridiculously/ over-beefed, but in exchange have a crippling ability. I know that's never really made any wonders in the past, such as Regigigas or Slaking, but if this thing were to have like a BST of like 900 or something silly-crazy, if it'd still hold up, since the existing Pokemon with those types of abilities in the past were nothing too sky-rocketing.

IDK, I guess I'm just wondering if the entire future of Pokemon with Mega Evolutions will only be Prankster, Magic Bounce, Adaptability, and like the only 10 other abilities that are top tier

Well the point of Megas is to "improve" the mon, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the point of Megas is to "improve" the mon, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it still could, it's just balance the flat out over powered-ness if they did something like I explained.

Honestly was just a thought to be a little more interesting than "MEGA SHARP AND TRIANGLES, EXTENDED HAIRACHU. ATK? PSSH PLUS 50 BST, SPEED MAYBE 100. GIVE THAT SHIT SERENE GRACE." Mocking aside I honestly really do love Mega evolutions and think they really freshen up a bunch of old Pokemon and the game itself, I just wish they'd maybe go outside the box a little, or maybe even Mega's having unique abilities and/or niches all together some how. Not so much that it'd be a gimmick pokemon, but idk, I hope I'm coming across lmao

Eh, Horde Battles are Super Training but faster.

I'm really tired of hearing this.

Super Training is just an ease-of-access version of EV training that takes longer. The key term being ease-of-access.

Yes the traditional method is faster but it also takes a lot more prep work that is just not fun for some people, like me.

All of my XY pokemon were Super Trained. I hate the traditional method.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, I actually find Super training faster, especially since I can do it right off the bat in the game instead of having to wait to get to a certain route for specific pokemon to battle against,