Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

The main reasons I use Super Training is for keeping track of the EVs of a pokemon and to check how many eggs I have left to hatch during breeding. I play the minigames if I need a specific EV spread other than 252 or to get those pesky dusk stones.

I'm with Silentdoom with the horde battles, makes EV training sooo much more quicker and efficient if you're training more than 1 poke at once. For me, if I fully train a poke in Super Training it takes me about 40 min. With hordes, it takes me about 10 min with 4 pokes if I so choose. The vitamins also help speed up the EV process along.

I just want an easier way to transfer IVs as the process is too random and time consuming to do.

Eh, I tried Super Training, but I found it way too tedious. These are the reasons why I think horde battles are easier:

- Sweet scent makes for immediate horde access
- With pokérus and power items or macho brace, you get a minimum of 20 EVs per battle, sometimes as high as 50 or 100
- You can train multiple 'mons at once, and each battle takes like... a second if you use a move like surf + EQ
- Super training can help monitor the growth and supply smaller bursts of EVs

I get that ST is way more accessible, but I'd argue that it's just too slow for someone like me.

Eh, I tried Super Training, but I found it way too tedious. These are the reasons why I think horde battles are easier:

- Sweet scent makes for immediate horde access

- With pokérus and power items or macho brace, you get a minimum of 20 EVs per battle, sometimes as high as 50 or 100

- You can train multiple 'mons at once, and each battle takes like... a second if you use a move like surf + EQ

- Super training can help monitor the growth and supply smaller bursts of EVs

I get that ST is way more accessible, but I'd argue that it's just too slow for someone like me.

Although the good thing about super training is that EVs stops increasing the second any stat hits 252, it go past that at all.

Oh hey, uh, CoroCoro stuff's out in English now, I guess.

Looks like Sidney doesn't have a Key Stone after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

More Official Artwork and some information:

-Zangoose is exclusive to OR and Seviper is exclusive to AS, like in the originals

-Mega Diancle gains more Atk, Sp. Atk, and Speed but loses both Defenses

New_Mega_Evolutions_starters.png

Birch_art.pngjuly_p02_02_amn.jpg

pokedex_art.png

Birch has been good friends with your father, Norman, since their school days. He has a tendency to get enthralled with Pokémon and leave home for long periods.

Roxanne_art.pngjuly_p08_03_brg.jpg

stone_badge.png

She is both a star pupil at the Trainers' School in Rustboro City and a Gym Leader with true ability. She tries hard to sound mature for her age. You'll earn the Stone Badge if you defeat this tough Trainer. Roxanne uses Rock-type Pokémon, including Nosepass.

Brawly_art.pngjuly_p10_04_mxb.jpg

knuckle_badge.png

Gym Leader Brawly uses Fighting-type Pokémon, including Makuhita. He is an agreeable young man with a refreshing personality. Due to his surfing hobby, he has well-toned legs and shoulders and a great sense of balance. Defeat Brawly to earn the Knuckle Badge.

Wattson_art.pngjuly_p12_04_amn.jpg

dynamo_badge.png

Wattson was born and raised in Mauville City, where many different people gather, so he has a very sociable personality. He gets happy just by talking to others. His motto for life is that laughter is the best medicine. Wattson uses Electric-type Pokémon, one of which is the Electric- and Steel-type Magneton. If you can beat him, you'll earn the Dynamo Badge.

Flannery_art.pngjuly_p14_02_ggd.jpg

heat_badge.png

Flannery uses Fire-type Pokémon, including Torkoal. She just became a Gym Leader and is struggling to act tough so people won't look down on her. She likes the Lavaridge hot springs because they have good aesthetics.

Norman_art.pngjuly_p06_04a_wpv.jpg

balance_badge.png

Norman is both your father and Professor Birch’s best friend from their school days. He dedicates himself fully each day to perfecting Pokémon battle skills. Norman uses Normal-type Pokémon, including Slaking.

steven_megametagross_small.png

Mega_Metagross.png

Upon Mega Evolving, Metagross's Ability changes to Tough Claws, which increases the power of attacks that make physical contact. Its Speed is also increased greatly, and its stats are better balanced than ever! With increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, this is a Pokémon primed for both offense and defense.

Sidney_art.pngjuly_p16_02_dke.jpg

This member of the Elite Four is known for his chill attitude and sense of fashion. Sidney loves Pokémon battling, caring little whether he wins or loses. Sidney uses Dark-type Pokémon, including the Grass- and Dark-type Shiftry. 

Phoebe_art.pngjuly_p18_01_apn.jpg

While spending time at Mt. Pyre, Phoebe became able to communicate with Ghost-type Pokémon. She still thinks that she needs some training as a Pokémon Trainer, but she has confidence in her ability to communicate with her Pokémon. Dusknoir is one of the Ghost-type Pokémon that make up Phoebe's team.

Pikachu_RockStar.png

This is Pikachu Rock Star

Pikachu_Belle.png

This is Pikachu Belle

Pikachu_PopStar.png

This is Pikachu Pop Star

Pikachu_PHD.png

This is Pikachu Ph.d

Pikachu_Libre.png

This is Pikachu Libre

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't think there's a character who's needed a remake redesign as badly as Brawly. He's still not the most interesting-looking Gym Leader, but at least now he's got a little texture to him. Having a gym that's an actual gym is kinda neat too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I beginning to edge toward getting AS, but now the version-exclusivity if Zangoose to OR is pulling me back again.

Heeeelp T-T

Those Pikachu outfits are so cute I can't handle it

oh and gym leaders, that's neat too I guess

july_p02_02_amn.jpg

This moment looks even more hilarious than it already did in the original game. Come on man, you could just run to the side, it's just a Poochyena jeez

Vastly increased speed for Mega Metagross, and a buff to all its other stats? Man, it's really gonna be GROSS!

Loving the new character designs of the Gym Leaders, especially now that I see them in higher quality. Yes even Phoebe's new loli look is cute. I love how Brawley's gym is now actually a gym too!

I beginning to edge toward getting AS, but now the version-exclusivity if Zangoose to OR is pulling me back again.

Heeeelp T-T

And watch Zangooses Mega Stone be found in AS while Sevipers is in OR (assuming they are getting megas at all).

Vastly increased speed for Mega Metagross, and a buff to all its other stats? Man, it's really gonna be GROSS!

Yeah, I was expecting a few buffs in both its defenses, attack, and special attack but not vastly increased speed as well! This info makes me fear that Mega Metagross might be too strong for OU and will possibly get the uber banhammer like Kangaskhan. 

And is it me, or does Mega Metagross look like a spaceship?

july_p02_02_amn.jpg

This moment looks even more hilarious than it already did in the original game. Come on man, you could just run to the side, it's just a Poochyena jeez

Birch looks a lot more like Jontron in this than he did before.

Yeah, I was expecting a few buffs in both its defenses, attack, and special attack but not vastly increased speed as well! This info makes me fear that Mega Metagross might be too strong for OU and will possibly get the uber banhammer like Kangaskhan. 

And is it me, or does Mega Metagross look like a spaceship?

To be fair, Metagross got a big nerf due to Dark and Ghost types being able to hit it harder than previous gens. And even then the OU environment usually looks for typing, movepools, stats, and abilities. Even if it has great stats, if it has the movepool as say Vaniluxe it will probably would be a niche pokemon but I'm sure Metagross' movepool is pretty vast compared to that. Abilities make or break pokemon too since Ninetales, Politoed, Espeon got a lot usage due to their new abilities but Megas usually get better abilities. It will definitely be OU for sure, but I honestly feel like there's still better than it, like Mega Gengar for example. We'll have to see what it looks like stat wise before we can say.

And it kind of does look like a spaceship now that you mention it.

Mega Metagross reminds me of the Enterprise ship from Star Trek. tongue.png

I'm kinda hoping that Cacturne gets a mega. I've always liked it's design but it wasn't very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanna take a moment to talk about this

gym4.jpg

I just love how much charm there is on Flannery's facial expression alone; it just brings out more charm to her personality and character and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

She's tryin' her hardest isn't she? <3

• Thumbs Up 9

Why does everyone like Flannery so much? Is it because she's hot (no pun intended) or something?

Why does everyone like Flannery so much? Is it because she's hot (no pun intended) or something?

Back in the Gen 3 Era I did like Flannery but ultimately was just a passing thing (I liked her more that she was a Fire-type Gym Leader, one of my favorite types); I'm just loving how her character/personality is showing based on these facial expressions of hers. It really does bring a charming side to her, it that helps part of your question.

And she's just so adooooooooooooooorable

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably.

Never really understood why everyone likes her particularly, so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

The midriff might have something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk