Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

Forget that, I'm anxious to hear the weather trio theme remix biggrin.png

Not until I hear my bleep boop beeps >:U

Edit : Actually not even Deoxys...elite four remix 8u

I knew they were going to remake Hoenn sooner or later! I can't wait to see what it looks like in glorious 3D!

You ready for actual Trumpets all up in your face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOoqKHz_D0w

Imagine this glorious thing with actual instrumentation. Ok seriously now, though. I really hope they tone down the trumpets in this remake, and make Hoenn less of a pain in the ass to traverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc

Ha! If there's any remix I'm excited for it's the Gym Battle theme and Mt. Pyre exterior.

I've waited 11 year for this

• Thumbs Up 6

Aside maybe for Route 119 theme (wich for some reason i can't stand), i really enjoyed R/S/E music, trumpets or not, so i'm curious about the remixes we will get.

Mt. Pyre Peak, Cave of Origin, Sealed Chamber, Rival Battle. I'm ready for your remixes.

Hell, Victory Road too. I want to hear how it stacks up to Brawl's remix.

I hope they don't add too many Pokemon from other regions. X & Y were already too easy, and I remember Ruby and Sapphire having really lackluster head boss battles. SO yea, difficulty spike pls.

• Thumbs Up 1

The gym leaders in Ruby and Sapphire were a pain in the ass, though. Especially Norman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Swampert made the game laughably easy; type advantage on 50% of the Gym leaders.

It was Greninja before Greninja existed.

I wouldn't  know that since I always used Blaziken.

Although I'm not sure why a Pokemon game not being difficult is suddenly news.

So they finally got around to announcing remakes to the worst two of the series, a good two years after they would have been the most relevant. Whoo.

Can we expect a faithful recreation of some guy playing music by farting?

So they finally got around to announcing remakes to the worst two of the series. Whoo.

I'm totally not going to leave a stinkbomb attached to a trumpet at your doorstep within the next few days.

So they finally got around to announcing remakes to the worst two of the series, a good two years after they would have been the most relevant. Whoo.

Trumpets

If you're going to bash it at least be politically correct :C

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah woah WOAH.

Love and hugs, yes? For some it was their first Pokemon game.

Woah woah WOAH.

Love and hugs, yes? For some it was their first Pokemon game.

And my heart goes out to them for that. I too remember waiting in line (figuratively) to get a crack at Heart Gold after waiting forever for it to be announced.

I put over a hundred hours into it; yet despite that one coming out before they started dicking with the fundamentals of the series to punish "unapproved" playstyles, and despite that being at a time when the series was at a second wind rather than in another slump, and despite that being a remake of a much better game, it was time that ultimately would have been better served on them making something new rather than taking old games not too terribly outdated gameplay wise and changing just enough to make you wonder why they bothered at all (and/or piss you off).

• Thumbs Up 1

I was always drawn to Kyogre. I remember I was 14 when I went to buy the game and I immediately saw Sapphire and wanted that version. And honestly I see Kyogre again and it makes me want to buy Alpha Sapphire.  Black/White/BW2 and X and Y didn't make me want to come back to the series and I fear that this remake may just make me plunge to the series again. I remember playing alittle of Sapphire every morning before I left for school.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...not sure what to feel on this.

On one hand, the last Pokemon game I played before X was Ruby, but I never managed to finish that game. I lost my cartridge too, so I can't ever go back and complete that quest. So I can finally finish what I started if I get this game, and judging by the numerous people in this thread a lot of people are ecstatic for this remake so I can probably be assured going back to this region and experiencing any cool stuff I missed will be awesome.

On the other hand, it's a new Pokemon game coming out so soon. I know Pokemon games come out annually, but to get a new one this fast is making me somewhat uneasy. I just hope I won't be expecting a retread of X/Y from this.

So, I'm happy other people are excited for this so I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

Gen 3 was my favorite Generation for Pokemon, next to Generation V and II. Route 110 is also my all time favorite route track in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald, along with Rustboro City, Team Magma, Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion battle themes. I cannot wait for them to be remastered with actual instruments.

All Hail to the Trumpets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc

BTW, I wonder when will we get a gameplay trailer and Corocoro comics unveiling some images from Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Gen 3 was my favorite Generation for Pokemon, next to Generation V and II. Route 110 is also my all time favorite route track in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald, along with Rustboro City, Team Magma, Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion battle themes. I cannot wait for them to be remastered with actual instruments.

All Hail to the Trumpets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT2SHlePYc

BTW, I wonder when will we get a gameplay trailer and Corocoro comics unveiling some images from Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Two letters: e3

6095122_orig.jpeg

I will now never get the image out my head. Thanks, Tornado.

• Thumbs Up 2

My guess as to why there's been a Pokemon game every year since 2010 is that Game Freak probably split themselves into different groups, some did HGSS, some did BW/B2W2, some did X/Y, and some are doing OR/AS.