Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLgz3wH2n8

So since E3 is just around the corner, we're going to the many E3 rumors... and what way to start than by posting Sony's entire E3 conference.

2014-05-0719_55_41-ru11og2.png

The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.
(Update: our source followed up saying that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)
There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony’s presser will look like, we’re in for a real treat.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/07/sony-e3-conference-details-leaked-uncharted-guerrilla-games-media-molecule-and-much-more/

Sounds awesome if true, though don't we usually get this rumour every year?

• Thumbs Up 3

Sony should hire a plumber to fix all these leaks god damn

Also, if this is really it, I can't say I'm too excited. The Project Beast, Last Guardian, and Uncharted 4 are the only things that interest me.

Also, still little focus for the Vita? Thanks Sony. I appreciate that /sarcasm

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty good, pretty good.  It this turns out to be true then-

Last Guardian, Winter 2014

-aaaaaaaaaaaand it's fake.

Tis' the season for leaks I guess.  It'll be interesting to see what else crops up be it real or fake.

• Thumbs Up 1

That list literally sounds like a fanboy wet dream, along with the clichéd "unknown and hyped hidden title" that plagues a lot of fake rumor lists.

I don't buy it.

And don't forget that the Last Guardian is said to have a release date for this year. Yeah right. That game isn't ever coming out.

tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't see all of it being true, but certain things look likely to happen, while others are very far from happening.

And as far as I'm aware, WipEout is dead. Unless, did anyone get any info on whether a dev change was in order after Studio Liverpool closed?

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly not really expecting much from sony this year anyway even if this does turn out to be true (don't really care for anything on that list) so this wouldn't be a game changer for me.

Pretty good, pretty good.  It this turns out to be true then-

-aaaaaaaaaaaand it's fake.

Tis' the season for leaks I guess.  It'll be interesting to see what else crops up be it real or fake.

The Last Guardian honestly isn't that unlikely. Definitely has a better chance of appearing than Wipeout of all things.

The whole list is too good to be true. Definitely fake.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of TLG this year, it appeared on the PSN last year at one point and was on a few retailer lists. 

I would however be cautious regarding TLOU 2... especially with all the problems going on at The House of Naughty Dog.

• Thumbs Up 1

>No Crash Bandicoot

I call it fake.

Saw The Last Guardian and I knew it was fake. Pretty sure that game is deader than dead now.

Also, where the hell is FFXV? You'd think that with the game coming out soon (ish) they'd have some new info or gameplay stuff to show off. So fake!

If you're disappointed come E3, when Sony's conference doesn't live up to this list. You will literally have nothing to blame, but your own uncontrollable naivety. 

There is SO much stuff here. TOO much stuff for a 2 hour conference. Where's the Vita? Where are the Indies? Where are the 3rd parties? All of this is just first party stuff, and all of it sounds impossible for this years E3.

Maybe, MAYBE some of the stuff will come into fruition eventually, but it certainly won't all be here next month, ready for Winter 2014 release. Bogus doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Looks at list*

Yeah, no. I doubt Rockstar will be there, and the fact the Uncharted details match popular speculation perfectly though we have close to no info are the big flags for me. As Discoid said, too good to be true.

100% true i sware on me mum.

its missing FFVII R tho

Saw The Last Guardian and I knew it was fake. Pretty sure that game is deader than dead now.

Also, where the hell is FFXV? You'd think that with the game coming out soon (ish) they'd have some new info or gameplay stuff to show off. So fake!

The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

tbh i won't be surprised if the ffxv appearance is at the MS presser

"guys pls its also coming on xbone pls buy"

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's true, there's hardly anything coming out this year in terms of first party games. If it's fake, I hope they announce Little Big Planet 3.

Say any word on any non-sony rumors? like somewhat credible wii-u related ones perhaps

Last Guardian doesn't make me sceptical. It's fun to joke about it not coming, but I do expect it to be rerevealed sooner rather than later.

What does make me sceptical, though is Wipeout, Media Molecule's game and the stuff in the Quantic Dreams paragraph. I don't think Sony will change their Press Conference because of Microsoft's. It sounds like someone bought a little too much into the whole "Sony got rid of DRM, dropped the camera pack in at E3 etc, because of Microsoft" stuff.

But, who knows.

If it is real, I'd be a bit disappointed at Media Molecule's game. I don't have any current plans to get the VR Set and a landmark for it sounds like it'd be exclusive to it. It does sound fun, though. Similar to that game MS (And LBP of course) announced last year.

Run of the mill Sony E3 line up..

I think I'm more interested in who will be hosting the press conference since Jack stepped down

Hope it's not true, because it's lacking PS Vita announcements. I've had that thing since launch and I still only have Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Super Monkey Ball. More games please, Sony. 

Some of it does sounds a bit phoney and getting bits of rumours from various places with a chance that some of it is true. Part of list looks like little glimpses of what staff/interviews say that they want to do = confirmed routine though.

Thinking logically though, the only parts that seem fesiable are The Order:1886 and Driveclub since information is known about them and that they are getting closer to release as well as Uncharted (probably not as described though). Some like Gran Turismo PS4 are logical guesses however I will personally doubt that it will be called what was called on the list since if it is GT6 HD, it wouldn't be called a Prologue since that means a demo of GT7 and from that description sounds a lot more than just a demo. Probably more like GT HD Concept on the PS3 (quite rare nowadays) that was a bit of GT4 HD.

As for the Syphon Filter reboot, it is one of the few Sony series that was not referenced in PlayStation AllStars and to my knowledge haven't been referenced by the Sony staff for a while (don't even think that they had a sale on the PSP games and only put the PS1 game on sale with various others). It is probably like Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Destruction Derby, The Getaway, MediEvil or any of the other Sony IPs that have been put aside. I'll be surprised if it does happen since I did like the original game and the PSP ones.

Also a sequel to The Last of Us sounds like a stretch if Naughty Dog is also working on Uncharted considering that the studio is having a few problems at the moment, yes ND have two teams however unless either game is shorter, one is downloadable or TLOU 2 has a 2016 or later date it is going to put extra pressure for the developer.

There might be games that Sony have prepared that aren't on that list since lately Sony's conferences also mention the indie games and there doesn't seem to be any Vita games on the list. I know Sony have a lower priority on the Vita to the point of being a port machine with some Japanese and indie games however guessing that at least one game will be there or mentioned with a PS4 version. Also there might be a chance that some of the games that were announced on Gamescom (Musaki Baby, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, even Shadow of the Beast) that will get either more footage or a demo. Don't forget that LittleBigPlanet 3 is presumably in development so chances are that it might get announced.

If the Gran Turismo rumor pans out, Sony may as well scuttle the series and start over with Drive Club as their headliner.

No Ratchet or Sly Cooper?

Guess I'll focus less on their booth than I thought. Seeing Ratchet PS4 was what I was really interested in. Even just a taste of what was to come.

I mean, with the fact they have a movie coming out next year you think they'd have something small there.

No Ratchet or Sly Cooper?

Guess I'll focus less on their booth than I thought. Seeing Ratchet PS4 was what I was really interested in. Even just a taste of what was to come.

I mean, with the fact they have a movie coming out next year you think they'd have something small there.

Or they are going to hand it out to another developer for a movie tiein, it would stink, but you never know 

Where's the Vita?

To be fair, I don't think Sony even bothered with the Vita at the last E3.

I don't understand why Sony would announce another Wipeout. From what I remember, Sony was disappointed with the sales of the game and shut down the studio that makes the Wipeout games.

I'd hope this list to be fake. It's rather lacking for starters.