Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

Given the richness of the Mario hacking scene, it really wouldn't be a bad move for Nintendo to jump on-board, assuming they can provide sufficiently flexible tools.

Conker isn't coming back.

It's also pointless to have any expectations for the game itself since Seavor isn't at Rare anymore and wants nothing to do with Microsoft.

• Thumbs Up 2

The best business move is both nice and profitable. I think that counts as both.

Do Microsoft and Nintendo ever get a huge banner on the building like that?

Sony likes to show they're the supreme console, I suppose.

When Sega was showing off SA 2 there was a giant banner of Shadow there...  With "Unleashed" emblazoned across it for some reason.  

Mario Maker sounds entirely too interesting to be something modern Nintendo would do.  

Conker coming back doesn't interest me at the moment because I have no idea what Rare is right now.  Chris Seavor's director commentary videos are pretty great, wish he'd do more.  

Mario Maker sounds entirely too interesting to be something modern Nintendo would do. 

No, it doesn't. In fact, it sounds exactly like something they would do.

Mario Maker needs to include assets from at least the first three games to be of any interest to me. I'm sure folks will come up with some amazing level designs regardless though...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I agree that unless it came with modes for SMB3, SMW or even NSMB stages, my use for it would probably be very limited besides perhaps downloading amazing stages made by others.

I can see why they'd go with the original first and foremost though (if it is real that is). The original SMB is by far the most marketable, that's THE game everyone wants for their smartphones, being able to make their own stages for it would get people buzzing.

It would be cool if you could use sprites from other games. Like you could use Link or Samus instead of Mario. NES Remix did that in a couple games, I think.

• Thumbs Up 2

If this is true I hope they improve the mechanics or something, honestly the first one didn't really do it for me and the gameplay left a lot to be desired (it was okay but could've been better).

so apparantly this might be happeneing:

BpmGUT9CQAELMNb.png

Extremely unlikely, and there is very little chance they would announce it this close to SSB4, it would be suicide, and didn't they shutdown the studio that made the first one

Extremely unlikely, and there is very little chance they would announce it this close to SSB4, it would be suicide, and didn't they shutdown the studio that made the first one

Smash Bros isn't as big a deal as you think it is.

And even if it was, I doubt the audiences for these two games overlap. They're not competing directly with one another.

It depends on when they release it really. Otherwise, yes, they aren't competing with SSB4U.

I wish it could be true just so they can improve upon the first game and actually add more characters that are Sony's All Stars, not just characters put there to advertise third party games which weren't even out yet. Less Product Placement: the game and more actual Playstation All Stars please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did ya'll see the gif of that too?

PlayStation-All-Stars.gif

Of course you can fake this kinda thing, but hey look a Moogle! Didn't Square tease something surprising to do with Lightning that wasn't a new game? Yeah.

EDIT: Also yeah it wouldn't be a big seller and it wouldn't really compete with Smash Bros., but it'll prolly get a lot more attention than the last one if it's on PS4 with more iconic characters.

Oh, come on, that would be easy to fake.

Not to mention, yes, the studio that made the first game is dead and buried.

Maybe this is Naughty Dog's other new game? XP They were originally going to work on the first Playstation All Stars after all (and it would've been better too!).

mulder-and-i-want-to-believe-poster.jpg

It's still a very easy thing to fake but.... it's certainly very creative... and the title screen is just as bland as the original so who knows!

• Thumbs Up 5

Thing is...I don't think many people would go through the trouble of faking THIS game of all the games they could fake. It's not like the first one was exactly a huge hit

Not to mention, yes, the studio that made the first game is dead and buried.

Does that really mean anything? Couldn't they just have a new developer??? 

Also if they were just announcing the game now, it wouldn't be out this year (probably), so it wouldn't be competing with Smash at all, ever. Even if it was coming out this year it wouldn't really be "competing"; like Wraith said, different audiences.

...That's all assuming it's real, of course. Probably isn't, but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1