Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

Thing is...I don't think many people would go through the trouble of faking THIS game of all the games they could fake. It's not like the first one was exactly a huge hit

It would russle Sony fans' though. To many trolls, a few really pissed off fans are better than slightly annoyed masses.

I do want it to be real though. In the hands of a proper dev such as ND, this game would be amazing.

It's fake.

Fucks sake they didn't even bother to center the star in the A.

Smash Bros isn't as big a deal as you think it is.

Neither is All-Stars, so not much legroom on their part.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's fake.

Fucks sake they didn't even bother to center the star in the A.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just noticed that! For so much effort, that is such a sloppy mistake.

It's just 2 days left: i have to be strong and keep on no matter how tasteful the rumors are -crawls into a ball-

If there ever is a PS All-Stars sequel, then I hope they just make it a straight up clone of Smash Bros instead of weakly trying to hide it's origins. Once I found out about the "Super KO only" stuff, I decided not to get it. It didn't sound fun to me. Going by the reception, I made the right choice =P

So what are people's thoughts on ModNation Racers, and are you expecting a PS4 version to be up and running, considering the PSV version was released within a year of release from the console?

So what are people's thoughts on ModNation Racers, and are you expecting a PS4 version to be up and running, considering the PSV version was released within a year of release from the console?

I hope to god that they announce a new one especially since the original is just amazing to me (just recently got it) since next to ASRT its arguably the best kart racer of this (or last?) gen and a sequel on PS4 would only make it better.

They won't announce a new one since Little Big Planet Karting more or less took that job of a build your own kart racing game.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Kind of wish they hadn't replaced it with LBK. It feels like a real down grade in the racing department.

If there is a racing game I want on the PS4 (or even Vita), it is MotorStorm. That shit's hype and Apocalypse still is my go to multiplayer game.

I'd totally be down for a MNR sequel. From what I played of the LBPK it was nice but I'd rather Sony still push one of their newer IPs rather than let another proven IP take it's job.

Also from what I've checked Superbot isn't closed...or at least doesn't seem to officially be, anyway. Their website (which is pretty freaking cool in terms of how it's designed, check it out!)  and social media outlets are still up, and they said they were working on a new IP...on the other hand, no new information from them (including the bit about the new IP) has been released since April last year...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think what Sony did was simply sever ties with Superbot, so they're still around but Sony will probably never work with them again. I think they did this after PS All Stars came out and didn't sell the amount they wanted, which is pretty harsh since the game wasn't advertised or marketed very well in the first place.

Ugh. Loved the first, hated the second. Not looking forward to the next, either -- the series should have stayed a one-shot.

Frankly Sony announcing a new Modnation Racers would be the only thing that would catch my interest for their conference.

Just because LittleBigPlanet Karting exists, doesn't mean the end of ModNation Racers. Yes, they have the same concept but LBPK was made by the same people behind MNR. So it can go either three ways.

1] ModNation Racers will continue, with LittleBigPlanet Karting being a warm up for the next in the series.

2] MNR and LBPK will co-exist, with a MNR released when a mainline LBP title is in production.

3] ModNation Racers is no more, with United Front Games now fully in control of LittleBigPlanet Karting.

Personally, I hope for either of the first two. But if ModNation Racers becomes no more, it would be a shame for it to have been absorbed into a bigger franchise.

More rumours apparently popping up from /v/, this time it's Mario Kart 8 DLC!

033d10c1071b00d4d326c732c9c77c98.png

eb2c66782b4bd27fbcaea596e8357358.png

bad points about us living in the future: fakes are becoming easier to do apparently. Looks believable, but don't all fakes look believable? Ah well.

The MK8 DLC certainly seems like it might be legit - and I certainly wouldn't be complaining if the likes of Plessie, E. Gadd and Kamek made it onto the roster - but it could also quite easily be a fake so I shall hold my excitement until the Nintendo Digital Event tomorrow. On a promising note though, the fact that Iggy is still oddly placed on his own rather than the Koopalings having their own row to themselves suggests this might just be the first of at least two character DLC sets.

The addition of Shine Thief and Bob-omb Blast would definitely make Battle mode more interesting though. Let's hope if it is true, they have a few arenas for Balloon Battle too.

Someone on Twitter pointed out to me that, of course they wouldn't highlight one of the dlc characters to show their 3D model.

So yeah I'm thinking it's probably fake. Just like with all those Smash "leaks", they purposefully don't "select" the characters in question because it'd mean showing a character model which they can't make.

Besides if we did get DLC characters, they would find some way to put Bowser Jr. in.

*crosses fingers for DLC*

*wishes for new Waluigi track.*

Someone on Twitter pointed out to me that, of course they wouldn't highlight one of the dlc characters to show their 3D model.

So yeah I'm thinking it's probably fake. Just like with all those Smash "leaks", they purposefully don't "select" the characters in question because it'd mean showing a character model which they can't make.

Yeah that's true. Still, I live in hope that at least some of this turns out to be coincidentally true - Mario Kart 8 could definitely do with some DLC and some of those characters would be great additions.

Needs moar Nabbit tho

• Thumbs Up 1

For one, that character select looks stretched. And I don't mean just the box, but the entire thing [or am I thinking of squashed, I think I might]. My idea of a arrow or something to go to a new page would feel more natural. And as for including Bob-omb Blast as a mode, that would require an entire re-jig of how the Bob-ombs work. In Double Dash, they exploded on impact with the ground. That would have to be done here too. Shine Theif I could see working, but it would be all too easy for the holder of the shine to just hide on an anti-grav section or something until the end.

I'm all up for new modes and characters, but the execution here just looks off. And also, it looks like had fun with an octave lens for those reflections on that first TV.

Someone pointed out the sign on top of the first image reads "Mario Kart DLC Pack". If this is real, then if all of that is in one package and decently priced, Nintendo definitely knows how to do DLC RIGHT.

I wish it was real but you can't trust these pictures sometimes. D: I hope Nintendo at least announces some DLC in their stream tomorrow.

E. Gadd as a racer is so cool btw. Make it happen, Nintendo!

So apparently the MK8 DLC has now been debunked as a fake, at least that's what I'm gathering from searching around about it. Should have guessed it was too good to be true!

Doesn't mean we won't be seeing some new racers or modes tomorrow though - fingers crossed!