Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

The one you've spent two pages defending in case it does turn out to be true, yes. You want to play the "this whole discussion is moot" card, play it before being one of the main contributors to it.

Defending what? Go back and reread my posts, I've been mocking its veracity at every chance. It's a fanfic.

At the same time, I've fought the notion that such a lineup could be a bad thing. This I can do since half of it is stuff that we already know it's being made (but we can't say for sure if it'll be shown at the presser).

And then there's the game variety issue. Regardless of whether the list is accurate or not, you can't use it to predict almost 2 years of output. There's Gamescom, TGS, the same respective events for 2015 and hundreds of days since you don't even NEED a press conference to announce a new game.

Defending what? Go back and reread my posts, I've been mocking its veracity at every chance.

100% true i sware on me mum.

its missing FFVII R tho

? The (totally real guys) list

Truly biting satire. You should be a Family Guy writer.

It's a fanfic.

Which makes you the "die for our ship" guy, apparently.

At the same time, I've fought the notion that such a lineup could be a bad thing. This I can do since half of it is stuff that we already know it's being made (but we can't say for sure if it'll be shown at the presser).

"This list is a total joke and I don't even get why you guys are discussing it, but I'm going to discuss at far greater length why it's pretty good if its true and why you're wrong for taking issue with it. Even though it's a joke and I keep going out of my way to say how stupid it is when people explain their problems with it but it's not stupid for me to say why it's good."

Pick one or the other. You don't get to switch sides just because it makes a convenient cop out. Particularly with all the strawmanning at play.

Truly biting satire. You should be a Family Guy writer.

Only the finest for you folks <3

I'm glad you concur I wasn't defending it's veracity, evidently.

"This list is a total joke and I don't even get why you guys are discussing it, but I'm going to discuss at far greater length why it's pretty good if its true and why you're wrong for taking issue with it. Even though it's a joke and I keep going out of my way to say how stupid it is when people explain their problems with it."

Pick one or the other. You don't get to switch just because one fits your needs to be condescending better.

"This list is fanboy drivel with some things we already know about for extra points. Its fanboy nature derives from containing quite a few far-fetched guesses that would make the E3 conference fantastic for the vast majority of viewers, even if it alienates a couple niche-y segments. Evidence suggests those segments have been appeased in the past in due time, anyways.

Independently of this fact you cannot use it to judge Sony's entire lineup for 2014 and 2015 because E3 is just one part of the puzzle and there's bound to be more reveals in the months to come. It's thus pointless to take real issue with it, regardless of its legitimacy."

The lack of cartoon-ish games talk is funny when last year they put out Puppetteer, which is basically a super charming saturday morning puppet show platformer. They also had Ratchet and Sly entries, so both existing and new IPs were covered.

I get the feeling that this isn't capturing what we're actually saying here. Simply "cartoony" doesn't fit the bill; you know that right?

I get the feeling that this isn't capturing what we're actually saying here. Simply "cartoony" doesn't fit the bill; you know that right?

Yeah. It's an example. "Cartoony" and "realistic" are generic words covering a huge array of different permutations. I believe there will be enough style variety when all is said and done for almost everyone, tho what we're having now is far from samey.

Say have any other rumors popped up for E3 yet? perhaps Nintendo related? I think I heard about a Zelda one perhaps?

Well, since this is the "E3 Rumor Topic" rather than simply the "Sony E3 Conference Rumor Topic," a quick Google of "zelda e3 2014" brings up as the very first result Aonuma saying that there'll be Zelda Wii U information at E3 2014.  So that's not so much a rumour as a certainty.

I'm glad you concur I wasn't defending it's veracity, evidently.

Well, since I never claimed you were defending the veracity in the list in the first place; and simply was pointing out that you were only trotting it out as an argument when the far more extensive ones you made defending the actual games on the list failed to sway, evidently so.

Independently of this fact you cannot use it to judge Sony's entire lineup for 2014 and 2015 because E3 is just one part of the puzzle and there's bound to be more reveals in the months to come.

Again, it'd be wonderful if that was a point that someone had argued prior to you trying to beat people with it. You have a nasty habit of that, I've noticed.

Though I'm sure there is a clever way for you to reconcile "" with the "their are no Nintendo-style games on the list so their definitely won't be any in the next 18 months" one you've argued since; I'm perhaps not creative enough to see it. And, again, if the main point was to say "perhaps you should wait until we know whether the list is verified," you would do much better not spending far more of your effort trying to explain to people who don't like the list that it is in fact great.

Edited by Tornado

Well, since this is the "E3 Rumor Topic" rather than simply the "Sony E3 Conference Rumor Topic," a quick Google of "zelda e3 2014" brings up as the very first result Aonuma saying that there'll be Zelda Wii U information at E3 2014.  So that's not so much a rumour as a certainty.

Ya, that's kinda what I was thinking, we've been debating a single rumor for nearly a week, it may be time to pull some new(possibly non-sony related) stuff to discuss, since the entire Big Three shall be there, and many other companies as well 

wonder if any have started about the Gamepad focused games, or the NFP compatible games yet

I saw a rumour on GAF basically outlining what appeared to be the entire Nintendo conference, but like this one that been in discussion, it appeared to be nothing more than a fanboy's dream.

There also appears to be a Microsoft conference leak that Tech Radar dissected.

In outline,

Nintendo's conference [From NeoGAF]

-The Digital Event is completely different from a regular direct, it features a stage and a audience which are 80+ knownless fans invited from Nintendo to a special room. They will make it atmospheric as they can, Reggie, Iwata, Aonuma etc are on stage, furthermore it will have a changing background with fog machines etc. So you truly won't miss the old conferences

-Nintendo will announce Zelda U, he said it's going to be the game we are waiting for, very big world, fully filled with many secrets and life, it will feature a more stylized tech demo look, it has a more mature storyline and sidequests similar to Majoras Mask, complex dungeons and there's a very cool feature which will drive the Zelda series so much forward.

-Nintendo will finally announce many comebacks from old IPs we are waiting for and they will blow your mind.

-Nintendo will announce some new IP's, two casual IPs in the vein of Nintendogs and Wii Sports , the others are hardcore IPs in the Zelda, Metroid league and there is even one IP which will appeal to the CoD/BF audience with Nintendo gameplay.

-There is one cancelled project that was previously announced

-Besides of that, they will also show many new 3DS games and a new hardware!

-QoL will be discussed on a seperate event at E3 time

-There are some remakes

-Iwata will talk a little about his mistakes

-It's planned to have a lot of charming jokes like you saw in the Reggie Fils A Mech video

-There will be a BIG surprise at the end that will completely blow your mind!

Microsoft conference

-Ryse 2 will be announced, moves from Roman period to medieval setting. More freedom of explorations and a "refined" combat system.

-Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014.

-Fallout 4 will be revealed.

-Rare to reboot Battletoads and Perfect Dark, the latter as a third-person action game.

-Halo 5 to get a release date, Halo 2: Anniversary to be announced.

The Nintendo conference leak is your typical 'I have a friend who works for Nintendo', and the Microsoft leak is a blogger who's only post is this, and claims it comes from the 'highest sources'.

Take these with a grain of salt.

I saw a rumour on GAF basically outlining what appeared to be the entire Nintendo conference, but like this one that been in discussion, it appeared to be nothing more than a fanboy's dream.

In outline,

-The Digital Event is completely different from a regular direct, it features a stage and a audience which are 80+ knownless fans invited from Nintendo to a special room. They will make it atmospheric as they can, Reggie, Iwata, Aonuma etc are on stage, furthermore it will have a changing background with fog machines etc. So you truly won't miss the old conferences

-Nintendo will announce Zelda U, he said it's going to be the game we are waiting for, very big world, fully filled with many secrets and life, it will feature a more stylized tech demo look, it has a more mature storyline and sidequests similar to Majoras Mask, complex dungeons and there's a very cool feature which will drive the Zelda series so much forward.

-Nintendo will finally announce many comebacks from old IPs we are waiting for and they will blow your mind.

-Nintendo will announce some new IP's, two casual IPs in the vein of Nintendogs and Wii Sports , the others are hardcore IPs in the Zelda, Metroid league and there is even one IP which will appeal to the CoD/BF audience with Nintendo gameplay.

-There are some remakes

-It's planned to have a lot of charming jokes like you saw in the Reggie Fils A Mech video

They forgot about Hyrule Warriors.

Microsoft conference

-Ryse 2 will be announced, moves from Roman period to medieval setting. More freedom of explorations and a "refined" combat system.

-Rare to reboot Battletoads and Perfect Dark, the latter as a third-person action game.

No Call of Duty?

These people need to try harder.

• Thumbs Up 3

Funny how the Nintendo and Sony ones are wishful thinking while the Microsoft one is rather tame in comparison.

In outline,

-There are some remakes

Microsoft conference

The Nintendo conference leak is your typical 'I have a friend who works for Nintendo', and the Microsoft leak is a blogger who's only post is this, and claims it comes from the 'highest sources'.

Take these with a grain of salt.

Not even worth a grain of salt. If an E3 rumor reads like a fanboy wish list, it's because it is.

Yes, there are a few things missing from both of those lists. Well, a lot from the Microsoft one.

Trying harder is one thing, deliberatly missing the point is another. By essentially making the Microsoft one focused on sequels, the person obviously forgot how these things are meant to be run with these leaks.

As for the Nintendo one, 'a new IP which will appeal to the Call of Duty/Battlefield audience?' That just reeks of wishful thinking. Or, putting it better, just putting in something to make Nintendo more equal to the others.

They forgot about Hyrule Warriors.

And Smash Bros., wich they explicetly said they will dedicate and entire part of their time (plus hosting a tournament between fighting game pros). Yeah, i call bs too.

• Thumbs Up 5

"There's a biiiiig surprise at the end that'll blow your mind!!!!"

...is a dead give-away of a poorly constructed false rumor.

They need to try again.

• Thumbs Up 4

They need to try again.

I'm still waiting for this dream to become reality:

52dcaba118cf7.png

• Thumbs Up 5

They need to try again.

Yeah, there's this thing they're showing. I don't actually know what it is or have anything to tell you about it beyond this incredibly vague and nonspecific description of it, but believe me it's there. I would know because I work at Nintendo. Do you work at Nintendo?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

52dcaba118cf7.png

Reggie is a purple Pikmin. I love it.

Both of those lists sound fake to me. Also, Ryse 2? Really? It's only been a year since the last game (bloody mediocre btw)! This isn't the new CoD or something.

52dcaba118cf7.png

wtf am I looking at

wtf am I looking at

Nintendo's conference rehearsal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got really excited when I read the Nintendo bit. God dammit internet, I hate you. :(

Here's a Nintendo rumor with actual substance.

This information comes from person, who works at Nintendo Europe in Germany and prepares few elements for upcoming show. Sorry for my English, it’s not my native language.

Nintendo Digital Event will be something between Nintendo Direct, and classic E3 stage show. This will be something like TV Show hosting by Nintendo executives (Iwata, Shibata, Reggie etc.) and with live audience (most of them will be Nintendo employees).

Nintendo knows, that upcoming E3 is the last moment for saving Wii U, so most of the time, they gonna tell about Wii U games, but of course there will be time for 3DS games too.

They gonna be two biggest stars of the show: new Zelda game, and Smash Bros (especially for Wii U).

WII U

New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.

Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.

Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)

FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)

Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.

Fatal Frame/Project Zero – first CGI trailer, “coming soon”

Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”

New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.

Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.

Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015

NINTENDO 3DS

Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Apha Saphire – trailer, details about game

Tomodachi Life – trailer, details

Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)

Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014

BIG FINAL SUPRISE

Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015.

Though it does have some questionable portions (another dual-world Zelda? Really?) Though it's surprisingly conservative in terms of 'wish-list' material.

Though if it is true, seems Kamiya actually did get to make a Star Fox game after all.

Not getting my hopes up. It's stuff like this that bites your enthusiasm hard when you discover the truth.

Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015.

Not gonna lie, if this happened I would be bouncing off the walls like nobody's business, and I'm not even much of a Star Fox fan