Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

Sure, that's all well and good.

But if we approached each challenge with those kinds of restrictions, we wouldn't have gotten gold like DKCR or... most of the RareWare games on the N64. Really, every now and then we need to take a risk and let them go for it. 

Heavy hitters and gaming blockbusters are built on risks. And I'd much rather have Platinum or Retro studios take on StarFox than, say, Capcom. (and Capcom did an alright job with the Gameboy Zelda's, for the record)

Well, duh.

Of course they might be able to make a good Star Fox game. I'd still have more trust in the developer that made that type game before, even if their Star Fox also only might be good. Sumo Digital made some good racing titles, but if I want a great FPS, they wouldn't be my first choice, you know?

So, maybe Platinum would make a great Star Fox game that is the way I want it to be and that would be fine. Maybe they'd add something coolfrom their experience in a completely different style of gameplay. But I'd rather someone with experience make it, rather than a team that makes games that are in a style I'd not want for Star Fox.

Platinum Games makes franchises based on over the top characters doing over the top things in over the top action sequences filled the brim with stylistic design, humor and frantic gameplay.

What about a cheesy franchise where furry pilots in super stylized costumes are flying space fighter planes through various solar systems, taking on a massive rogue / alien / robot army led by a giant floating robot monkey head doesn't fit that bill? 

I get that there's some integrity to StarFox beyond that which one wouldn't want the series to lose, and I'm sure with Nintendo working in collaboration with them those elements would stay true (especially the Arwing gameplay and general tone). But a reboot that'll up the ante to that extent just seems like something SF has long needed.

• Thumbs Up 4

So there's this "leaked schedule" and...???

rumored-e3-leak-460x640.jpg?af4e70

I think Shard of Nightmare sounds kind of cool but also a little dumb...but hey, Sonic Boom!

...Isn't DirectX a PC program?

Good, because that looks boring as shit and usually E3 is boring as shit.

Sony are releasing The Last of Us PS4 a few weeks after E3, yet no mention of it on the list... guaranteed fake.

It'd be great if Nintendo could divide its main event into two 45-60 minute sections, delivering the stuff we're already aware of in one half, and dedicating a whole other one to at least a dozen or so completely unexpected new games, drawing from new IPs and Nintendo's stable of franchises. A shocking new game trailer at the very end would also be nice to see return. Ah, what hopeless dreams I have...

• Thumbs Up 3

Platinum Games makes franchises based on over the top characters doing over the top things in over the top action sequences filled the brim with stylistic design, humor and frantic gameplay.

What about a cheesy franchise where furry pilots in super stylized costumes are flying space fighter planes through various solar systems, taking on a massive rogue / alien / robot army led by a giant floating robot monkey head doesn't fit that bill? 

I get that there's some integrity to StarFox beyond that which one wouldn't want the series to lose, and I'm sure with Nintendo working in collaboration with them those elements would stay true (especially the Arwing gameplay and general tone). But a reboot that'll up the ante to that extent just seems like something SF has long needed.

The bolded is what I don't want. I want it to simply be a sequel to Star Fox 64. I don't want them to make it too over the top or fast.

.....Is it wrong that I almost don't care about anything that's not Sonic Boom? Almost. I'm also excited for Arkham Knight and seeing what else Nintendo has to offer. I really hope they announce Little Big Planet 3 though.

• Thumbs Up 2

*sees Beyond Good and Evil 2 at the top of the list*

PFFFFFno. That's fake.

A reboot is exactly what the series needs. A fresh start to distance itself from all the okay-at-absolute-best titles that are weighted down by blue fox tits.

You just know the furries will riot when they get rid of their beloved Krystal. XP

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, that new leak certainly raised my eye.

Mario Kart 8 listed as playable - yet why waste space on a game already released [on said date it will be]. Pokken Fighters is also listed as playable, and while I can understand wanting that playable, XY was playable in some form last E3, right? Or is asking for a playable remake too much to ask? Also, EA have their own conference. They only ever take time from a conference of one of the big three when there are exclusive features to be announced, so why would Star Wars Battlefront III be showing on Microsoft's conference when we haven't even seen anything of the game yet? [unless of course is it a teaser of more to come, but I still find that unlikely]

Oh well. At least half of the things on that list are guaranteed. The leakers are focusing in more now.

.....Is it wrong that I almost don't care about anything that's not Sonic Boom? Almost. I'm also excited for Arkham Knight and seeing what else Nintendo has to offer. I really hope they announce Little Big Planet 3 though.

Yes.

the-last-guardian-screenshot-1.jpg

Project-Beast-1.jpg

Sunset-Overdrive1.jpg

b9vkki.gif

18qfezyy7u2enjpg.jpg

MGSV_e3_PC.jpg

header-star-wars-battlefront-preview-tra

What's wrong with you

I'm just messing with you, lol. Opinions. But despite being optimistic about Boom it might as well be the last thing on my priority list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have to admit. Boom has been more of a 'Oh yeah Boom is gonna be there too.' Just feels like they don't care about it given how little info has been released.

• Thumbs Up 3

Have to admit. Boom has been more of a 'Oh yeah Boom is gonna be there too.' Just feels like they don't care about it given how little info has been released.

I keep forgetting it exists, to be honest. 

Yeah. Even I have to say that it isn't top of the list material for me either. Battlefront definitely has that right.

Either way, I'm keeping tabs on all what has been confirmed for E3.

Well, Sonic Boom isn't being hyped up much right now mostly because we still know very little about it.

Well, Sonic Boom isn't being hyped up much right now mostly because we still know very little about it.

We've seen more of Boom than like half the games I posted, lol.

I wish I could forget it exists :P

Anyways, I do wonder if we're going to be shown more of that bizarre Pokémon detective game with old man blue pikachu and creepy motion capture pikachu face.

Also not sure Pokkén will happen, from what Gamefreak said at the time it wasn't anything specific, just a random pitch they had as they pondered where to go with the franchise.

I know what I'm looking forward to at E3...

MGSV_e3_PC.jpg

Kojima is working on a new trailer for The Phantom Pain. He's been talking about it - well sort of - on twitter

I want to see lots of gameplay XD

• Thumbs Up 1

We've seen more of Boom than like half the games I posted, lol.

We don't even know what systems Project Beast is gonna be on, if indeed it's a full game and not a tech demo.

We've not seen any gameplay of Mirrors Edge 2. Yet it was announced a year ago.

That's how bad the Boom hype is. Thank god it's not something like the Year of Sonic... ... .... ... Oh hell... 

They REALLY need to drop the megatons at E3 if anyone is gonna care about Boom. 

I wanna see the new ME games: Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge.

AGENT too, but I fear it may never see the light of day.

Here's another thing to consider.

EA have a lot of titles, and DICE have numerous ones on the go.

Star Wars Battlefront / Mirrors Edge 2 / Battlefield / Titanfall, and I'm expecting there's another franchise or two I'm missing out. With both Battlefront and Mirrors Edge to be shown off [the latter's a possibility], will we see anything regarding a new Battlefield, or will EA hype Battlefront to the fore? They know the Star Wars fans are waiting.

I wanna see the new ME games: Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge.

I'll second that, plus Fallout 4 and any potential new Metroid title. More than anything though, I just want something to come along and blow my pants off. It can be any of those games, anything else we know of, or something new.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope they show Visceral's Star Wars project, but I doubt it. I dunno how different Battlefield is to Battlefront, but I'm worried the new Battlefront will be more like it than itself. Haha xD Hopefully there's still third person perspective, too. And that there's a offline, single-player campaign. Mass Effect 4 would also be cool. EA could be pretty good this year to me.

Yeah, most of my interest has disappeared. I was excited when it was first announced, but I dunno.. It's pretty much gone. E3 will have far more interesting things.