Awoo.

E3 Rumour topic: "Just go on the internet and tell rumours?"

Badnik Mechanic

Not gonna lie, Pokken sounds like a really dumbass idea.

If you're going to beat your friends up on your Wii U games, would you choose Tekken with Pokemon or an Arena Brawler like Smash 4?

I'll save judgement for definitive footage, but I'm really not getting what the point is.

Not gonna lie, Pokken sounds like a really dumbass idea.

If you're going to beat your friends up on your Wii U games, would you choose Tekken with Pokemon or an Arena Brawler like Smash 4?

I'll save judgement for definitive footage, but I'm really not getting what the point is.

Those who want a specialized fighting game around one of the most popular IPs of all time with a diverse selection of fighters, and is more refined, traditional fighting game rather than a fun brawler with surprising depth(now mind you I love SSB), but Pokken gives another option focused on a specific IP, with a LOT to pull on for an extremely interesting massive fighter 

It would pull in a rather different crowd than Smash, I would get it, and I'm not even a big pokemon fan, I'm just a sucker for fighting game

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone whose only experience of Pokemon is pokemon Yellow and the cartoon show.

Tekken style Pokemon sounds really naff.

I personally like the idea. I've always wanted to have Pokemon fight each other.. You know, in a way that isn't turn based. I've softened up to turn based RPGs recently, but I'd take real-time Pokemon battling over it any day, even if it's just traditional fighting controls.

• Thumbs Up 8

I personally like the idea. I've always wanted to have Pokemon fight each other.. You know, in a way that isn't turn based. I've softened up to turn based RPGs recently, but I'd take real-time Pokemon battling over it any day, even if it's just traditional fighting controls.

agreed, I just never had an interest really in the normal series, but I'm a sucker for fighters, and one that could have a potentially HUGE roster, count me in 

Naff? More like the hypest shit.

Pokémon has a bunch of characters with great designs and skills/abilities that would translate so well to a fighting game.

oMdNlt9.png

The problem is that Nintendo's/Pokémon fanbase are mostly children and I'm pretty sure they aren't into such competitive games as fighters especially if Pokkén is based on Tekken.

Either way if this ends up real as a 3DS game or with a version for it, I'm game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Pokémon has a bunch of characters with great designs and skills/abilities that would translate so well to a fighting game.

oMdNlt9.png

The problem is that Nintendo's/Pokémon fanbase are mostly children and I'm pretty sure they aren't into such competitive games as fighters especially if Pokkén is based on Tekken.

Either way if this ends up real as a 3DS game or with a version for it, I'm game.

Considering the fact that Nintendo is really pulling out the guns for the wii-u, and needs good hitters, and this would be perfect for older fans, not to mention the fact that Namco's fighters are primarily console games, also since the only solid third party support they can get for Wii-u is through IP collabs, again I think the wii-u is most likely 

you can also throw in a mix of bipedal, and quadrepedral, they can go really wacky on what caharacters they use, the dog/cat style characters aren't even out of the question, only real requirement is a torso and limbs

oh and throw in oversized characters as bosses as well, I mean the Ogre in TTT2, was about 4 times the size of normal characters, just don't expect many of them

and you forgot, fennekin I think it was

Watch it turn out to be New Super Mario Bros 3. Which would be really sad because a new Metroid would be great.

oMdNlt9.png

Throw in Weavile and I'd be all for it.

Watch it turn out to be New Super Mario Bros 3. Which would be really sad because a new Metroid would be great.

Funny thing is that I would still buy it and enjoy. It.

Would level design constitute a soccer field cuz i would fancy some soccer on my handheld

We've not had a new 2D Metroid game in a decade, and it has been longer still since we had a new one that advanced the series' story. We're long overdue, if you ask me, and I think the 3DS would make a fine home for such a game. Hell, it could be made available on Wii U too.

Could be a 2D Metroid?

That's what I'm thinking.

I seriously doubt it. Nintendo said they feel the series is one per console and even if they change their minds on that, I don't see them giving it to NLG.

• Thumbs Up 1

oMdNlt9.png

Holy sheeeeet YES. Add also Wigglytuff, Typhlosion and Delphox and you got yourself an awesome roster of Pokefighters! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

It's worth asking ourselves at this point the following question: what game could support a 90 minute roundtable discussion without showing off a huge portion of it?

First party game roundtables tend to feature several titles being discussed, and big new games tend to get solo discussions. For example, last year Pokemon had one all to itself, to discuss all the new stuff in it; game mechanics etc. This year, Smash is getting its own, to discuss fighting mechanics and other changes. So, whatever the game is, it's gotta be big.

It's worth asking ourselves at this point the following question: what game could support a 90 minute roundtable discussion without showing off a huge portion of it?

To be quite honest looking at it Mario, Wario, or Dk really wouldn't warrant 90 mintues maybe 45mins though. Maybe until Nintendo announces itself its an unannounced game, I have this gut feeling that thess guys are confused and its pokemon related

I'm now really hoping for Metroid. Granted, I've never played a Metroid game before but they look really fun. I might give Fusion a try.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm now really hoping for Metroid. Granted, I've never played a Metroid game before but they look really fun. I might give Fusion a try.

Fusion made a great starting place for me 12 years ago, it's more linear than the other titles in the series but it's no worse for it. It'll introduce you to many of the series' staple mechanics in what feels like a more contained environment, and its bosses are (for my money) the best in the whole series. However, if you care about the series' overall plot, Zero Mission (the remake of the first NES Metroid) is where you should start, though I must admit to not caring nearly so much about that as I do Fusion.

Could the roundtable be for Pokken Fighters? I'd hate that, because it seems like it would be a boring ass roundtable:

"They're Pokemon, and they fight, just like in the games where they also fight. See here how they fight, you press the button and they attack, you press the other button and they defend. Oh look one fainted. They do that."

• Thumbs Up 4

It's new to me. I'd like it to be real, but attention seekers and shit stirrers abound this close to E3, so I won't be pinning my hopes on it.

The 3DS titles purportedly being shown are few and far between there, too. It doesn't seem plausible that news for that format would be so sparse.

Nintendo hasn't used their red logo in ages.

Gamecube VC isn't coming before DS, if it ever comes (At this point, I doubt it). And if it did they wouldn't release Melee to hurt Smash 4.

Star Fox U is the only game with "tentative title", despite a lot of games having them there.

It says "New Legend of Zelda" instead of "New The Legend of Zelda".

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I seriously doubt SMTxFE will be coming two months after, even though we haven't seen or heard from it since last January or that it and Bayonetta 2 will release in the same month.

Also, I don't see why this paper would exist.

Another day, another fanboy dream.

As much as people want the GCN VC, it ain't gonna happen any time soon. Star Fox on Wii U also seems unlikely, seeing as the 3DS remake sort of flopped, and they said the series' future rests on the success of that game. I seriously doubt Smash Bros would be first, and Legend of Zelda last [and also having LoZ and Hyrule Warriors apart from each other makes no sense]. They usually have massive surprise announcements last. And yes, the amount of 3DS games on that list is lacking.