Awoo.

I think it's time for Shadow the Hedgehog 2

Froggy

Basicially one of the few things getting an ounce of praise from Sonic Forces is Shadow being playable. I think that many people would like to see him get another chance at a full game eventually. People are still invested in him and it is one of the few Sonic characters besides Sonic that would be able to sale a game on name value. 

They could do a plot with Omega, Rouge and Shadow.

No thanks.

Shadow the Hedgehog is one of this franchise's most embarrassing marks of shame, rivaled only by Sonic 2006 and Rise of Lyric in infamy. It was a laughably bad attempt to do a so-called "mature" Sonic game. The end result was a rushed, unpolished mess of a game with a ridiculous attempt at a "dark" story; The game comes off like it's written by an edgy twelve-year old who just learned how to curse and thinks it's a really cool and rebellious way to show off for his fellow middle-schoolers.

Shadow was an awful, awful mess of a game. It was effectively Sonic 06's warm-up act, and I think both games should stay in the dustbin of history, where they belong.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’d be okay with it, but I wouldn’t use the “2” for reasons @Super Mechanio stated.

But something like a coda/sequel to Sonic Forces, which keeps a tone suitable for Shadow without venturing into the ridiculous, could be cool.

Just keep it simple, avoiding the moral alignments and bells and whistles, and just focus on the action. Shadow can play as he does in Forces, Omega can play like the avatar, and Rouge might give them excuse enough to develop something they could build further upon later for Knuckles (maybe base it more on Classic Sonic, but with the climbing and gliding added in?).

2 hours ago, Super Mechanio said:

No thanks.

Shadow the Hedgehog is one of this franchise's most embarrassing marks of shame, rivaled only by Sonic 2006 and Rise of Lyric in infamy. It was a laughably bad attempt to do a so-called "mature" Sonic game. The end result was a rushed, unpolished mess of a game with a ridiculous attempt at a "dark" story; The game comes off like it's written by an edgy twelve-year old who just learned how to curse and thinks it's a really cool and rebellious way to show off for his fellow middle-schoolers.

Shadow was an awful, awful mess of a game. It was effectively Sonic 06's warm-up act, and I think both games should stay in the dustbin of history, where they belong.

What's funny about this is a lot of people would rather go play Shadow than Heroes again. Which if anything shows that post SA2 to everything after it was a lead up to 2006.

By 2006 I don't mean just Sonic 2006 either, we had 3 bad games that year, Riders, that terribly broken genesis port on the GBA AND Sonic 2006. What an anniversary that was.

6 hours ago, Super Mechanio said:

No thanks.

Or you could make a new one that's good. 

I would play metal gear rising revenge, but its just shadow the hedgehog and it plays into the absurdity. Doing something bad doesn't restrict you from improving on it

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Or you could make a new one that's good. 

I would play metal gear rising revenge, but its just shadow the hedgehog and it plays into the absurdity. Doing something bad doesn't restrict you from improving on it

I would argue that this series can't really afford to play into absurd gimmicks right now, considering it doesn't even have a solid core gameplay identity as it is.

I simply cannot see another Shadow game being anything other than a critical and commercial flop.

Just now, Super Mechanio said:

I would argue that this series can't really afford to play into absurd gimmicks right now, considering it doesn't even have a solid core gameplay identity as it is.

I simply cannot see another Shadow game being anything other than a critical and commercial flop.

That's cool if you can't see that. 

I think it would do alright, I think a lot of people want alternatives to the sonic " formula " right now, and if they made one and word of mouth that it was good and played into its stupidity i think it would turn the meme around. Also it it wouldn't be playing aburd gimmics, it would be a totally unrelated spin off game, so .... you don't really there. 

I think it would do fine, 

I don't think it's ever going to be time for Shadow the Hedgehog 2. They fucked up the first one pretty damn hard; regardless of what improvements they might make, the association is going to hurt it.

Even aside from that this is not the right time for the series to be trying to branch out. Faith in the series is low and the extended cast hasn't really done anything to improve their poor reputation. The survival of the series should come before attempts to expand it.

There might actually be a better chance of a Chaotix Noire game before that happens. 

Not really but I can dream. Don't make fun of me.

• Fist Bump 1

If a shadow the hedgehog 2 comes around soon you better be pleased with it since that's probably the last official Sonic game you're getting for a damn long while.